Mysterious Forest - New game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Mysterious Forest - New game

Postby SoSayWeAll » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 am

Hi all,

Long time no see XD
So about a year ago I was working out a plan for a new game, however since I was doing a second Masters and started working full time during the last semester of it I had no time to spare to work on any game. As my workload has decreased more recently (the only good part of a contract ending), I now have time to work on this new project; which is centered around 4 playable characters with an interlocking story and different playstyles:

A Scholar - Story orientated gameplay based around exploration and puzzles. Features F/M, player as prey.
A Crusader - Story based around combat and exploration, sort of a darker take on the Hero's Journey story. Features F/M, player as prey.
A Mercenary - Story based on combat, tracking monsters, bounty hunting and dungeons. Features F/F, player as prey.
A Predator - Story based around hunting, gathering information to trap prey and steathish gameplay. Features F/M, F/F, player as predator.

The plan is to have these stories connected, you get a different part and perspective with each character and how the overall plot comes about (sorting out the full timeline from each character, as some of the stories take place at different times). The game will involve a rather short main story quest for each character that will form the complete story, with the main focus of updates to be on optional areas and side quests for each character. The reason behind this is that sometimes I find main stories for these type of games to be long winded and full of padding, plus it gives much more freedom to side area stories as they won't have to rooted in the main quest arc, making them much more fun.
I also wanted to integrate vore more into the story instead of just having an RPG with vore elements, so the characters stories will all be affected by it in one way or another.
Things this game won't include: Scat, hard vore, excessive gore.

The first demo is pretty much complete*, with a basic story for each character going over the different playstyles and what to expect from each.
(*the Predator story has the required 3 preys, but there are 3 more in the area that are still in development and will be included with the next update, and the information gathering playstyle wasn't working right so has not been included yet)

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

**First Demo Here**
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8bex8y9l5 ... t.rar/file

Next update won't be for a while, as I'm moving around a lot while looking for a new job. Each update will be focusing on one character's main story, with maybe a side area or two as well.
Let me know what you think, if there are areas that need a bit more pzazz or any bugs/spelling errors I've missed :)
And as always, have fun!
Sláinte!
Last edited by SoSayWeAll on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
You knew him?
Know him? He was delicious!
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Re: Mysterious Forest - New game

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Eh...

While I understand that you've likely given it a lot of thought, none of the four stories in the demo are very appealing, at least to me. The vore scenes are a bit rushed, and the Scholar has a total lack of choice on the player's part, so those with preferences that don't follow suit (like say, not liking too human preds like Lucia, or prefering vore and sex not being together) are just forced into it anyway, without warning. The other demos don't give too much appeal either, the crusader and predator don't have a lot of interesting content to prey-centric players, and the mercenary's story ends before anything satisfying happens for preds or prey, making the demo completely pointless.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:The other demos don't give too much appeal either, the crusader and predator don't have a lot of interesting content to prey-centric players

... Why would the predator story have prey-centric content?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sdaeeds » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

I appreciate the design and effort that has gone into this, but may I suggest focusing on one story since time and resources are limited?
sdaeeds
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:... Why would the predator story have prey-centric content?

If the game is meant to have four intermingling stories, then all four should have content that would appeal to anyone who plays the game.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bartek21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 pm

interesting game
bartek21
Somewhat familiar

Postby darksign13 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:50 am

I don't really know why everyone is being such a downer. I really like this idea! It's ambitious and the stories are actually interesting. Sure, it might need work in a couple places, but it's still early on in development so it has a lot room to grow yet. I'm looking forward to more!
A hand on the bird is worth two hands in the bush.
darksign13
Been posting for a bit

Postby The_Prof » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:09 pm

I suppose I'll ask the general question: But can you give us a bit of an idea as to what kind of content we'll see in the game in future updates? Like what kinds of vore is possible and what kinds are flat out never gonna happen
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby goldkingpie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:30 am

whats that song in the inn
goldkingpie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Krono » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:56 pm

I really enjoyed this game! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I did encounter a bug at the abandoned house. I got teleported out and then when I went back in the people from my party were there. After the text you end up stuck. It seems the walk path wants to make you go through the right side corner of the wall at the doorway. I just checked the box saying "Skip if Cannot Move" to get past it, but you could just have the path take an extra step upward in the beginning.

I especially like the scholar path though. Very nice! I hope to see more in the future!
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LoroB » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:52 pm

i played only the pred story for obvious reasons :^) love it so far :gulp: maybe add more dialogue options some playtime with prey (eg. press a key to talk to belly or interact, maybe give some abilities while digesting or after if it has combat ) just saying if possible :gulp:
LoroB
Been posting for a bit

Postby DroolingPred » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 pm

I played through just the pred's story. Seems really bare for now. Hopefully later content will add more things to do in both day and night.

I didn't notice any children in the town. Do you have a preference against child prey?
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:58 pm

High praise for this game. It seems to almost be four concept games in one, though maybe based in the same world. The most time given to the first of the four options. And even though I don't generally like prey pov games as much, I really liked the direction it was going. The pred story was the first I played, and needed some polish, but had promise. reminded me of thefetishbeasts work a bit. The other two seemed a little short sighted. the combat girl being well done and balanced, just not sure where all it could lead to. The fourth...... I want him to die. I want it to be humiliating. I'd love the pred in fourth plot to do the honors :gulp:
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby SoSayWeAll » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:37 am

Hi all,

First of all thank you for giving my game a go, really appreciate all the feedback.
To answer your questions:

The_Prof wrote:I suppose I'll ask the general question: But can you give us a bit of an idea as to what kind of content we'll see in the game in future updates? Like what kinds of vore is possible and what kinds are flat out never gonna happen

So far there is OV, UB, and one instance of soul vore, future scenes will include AV, cooking, micro (maybe?) and some more unique monster girl vore. Things that definitely wont be in are scat (not my thing, sorry) and hard vore.

sdaeeds wrote:I appreciate the design and effort that has gone into this, but may I suggest focusing on one story since time and resources are limited?

That's the plan, to concentrate on one story each update rather than a little for each.

goldkingpie wrote:whats that song in the inn

If you're looking for the one in the Scholar path - Squallsport Inn, it's from the old Meet N' Fuck games, before they got too mainstream.

Krono wrote:I really enjoyed this game! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I did encounter a bug at the abandoned house. I got teleported out and then when I went back in the people from my party were there. After the text you end up stuck. It seems the walk path wants to make you go through the right side corner of the wall at the doorway. I just checked the box saying "Skip if Cannot Move" to get past it, but you could just have the path take an extra step upward in the beginning.

I especially like the scholar path though. Very nice! I hope to see more in the future!

Thank you! That's weird though, never got teleported out myself when playtesting :( That event should be playing when you come back from the west side room so you should be on the left side of the screen XD I'll have a look through the events an see if I can fix that issue. If you could PM me with what exactly happened should be able to find the problem.

LoroB wrote:i played only the pred story for obvious reasons :^) love it so far :gulp: maybe add more dialogue options some playtime with prey (eg. press a key to talk to belly or interact, maybe give some abilities while digesting or after if it has combat ) just saying if possible :gulp:

DroolingPred wrote:I played through just the pred's story. Seems really bare for now. Hopefully later content will add more things to do in both day and night.

I didn't notice any children in the town. Do you have a preference against child prey?

Yeah the Pred story will be beefed up in the next update, the plan was to spend the day searching for clues on who's where and what habits the people have, so you can use that to hunt at night. There are going to be 6 potential victims, and you go for 3 in total before you have to move on (also to give a bit of replay value). That's going to be more fleshed out and I'm working on the day/night system to make it a bit more distinct, as well as chatting with prey when you get back to the room or avoiding outing yourself when talking to guards with a full belly.

Zomulgustar wrote:High praise for this game. It seems to almost be four concept games in one, though maybe based in the same world. The most time given to the first of the four options. And even though I don't generally like prey pov games as much, I really liked the direction it was going. The pred story was the first I played, and needed some polish, but had promise. reminded me of thefetishbeasts work a bit. The other two seemed a little short sighted. the combat girl being well done and balanced, just not sure where all it could lead to. The fourth...... I want him to die. I want it to be humiliating. I'd love the pred in fourth plot to do the honors :gulp:

Thanks! And don't worry, all the stories will cross in some way by the end, and each story will affect the other in some way, especially when everyone gets to the forest.

The plan for the next update will be to add more content to the Pred story, beef it up and have more options and more to do during each day/night phase, and continuing on the Mercenary story with the next area and story.
Once all main stories are finished, I had an idea to make several side areas that are standalone, mainly for more more scenes and dungeons with the characters play-styles (puzzle dungeons for the Scholar, tracking and contract type work for the Mercenary, humiliating defeats for the Crusader and dinner time for the Pred, etc.), and for fun, so if anyone had scenes that they wanted to make but weren't interesting in making a full game I'd be open to submissions.
That's all I have for now, thanks again for playing my game! :D
Sláinte!
You knew him?
Know him? He was delicious!
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game