Seeking help with Quest text adventures

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Seeking help with Quest text adventures

Postby Aces » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 am

I am trying to make a vorish Quest game, but I don't many of the basics. All the YouTube tutorials I could find are from 2012 and talk about functions and features that no longer exist.

Is anybody out there willing to be my tech support via Discord? I will just pop in from time to time and be like, "How do I pick up objects?" or something.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Seeking help with Quest text adventures

Postby justanotherdragon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 pm

from what I remember it's pretty much just JavaScript. Learn the basics of that then use the Quest wiki for the functions
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Seeking help with Quest text adventures

Postby shakey2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:25 pm

You don't need to learn javascript to make games in quest. Certainly you could do some more advanced things with that knowledge, but it's definitely not a requirement.

Quest also has documentation on the text adventures website: http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/
You will find lots of useful info there.
shakey2
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game