Stomach Butterflies: Project Revival

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Stomach Butterflies: A New Vore-Based Dating Simulator!

Postby EddyS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Damn that looks amazing! Take your time. I've got all summer after all, so I'm not worried that much about waiting.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Re: Stomach Butterflies: A New Vore-Based Dating Simulator!

Postby EliseSB » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Damn that looks amazing! Take your time. I've got all summer after all, so I'm not worried that much about waiting.

sweetladyamy wrote:Hot damn...

Thank you two so much for the reassurance! I'll be honest, I was super panicking about delaying this... but I'm glad to see everyone's taking it rather well so far. I'm confident that my work will make up for it in the end, so I hope you get all enjoy it soon!

...okay maybe I'm still a little nervous, but hey, that's something every creator has to feel I think. It's also the title of my game ^^;
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Re: Stomach Butterflies: Alpha Demo Build Released!

Postby EliseSB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Okay so, apparently editing the post doesn't make a notification so...

https://mega.nz/#F!7nAUDCrI!nGPkDBHUR7fl0VT5avq1eA

The demo is out! More details on the main post.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jeice » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:32 pm

I can't seem to leave the bedroom? I think I've interacted with everything, but there's an invisible wall preventing me from going to the other half, and nothing happens when I go to where I think the door is.

Edit: Ah, I see in the main post that was intentional. Game seems pretty solid so far.
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EliseSB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Jeice wrote:I can't seem to leave the bedroom? I think I've interacted with everything, but there's an invisible wall preventing me from going to the other half, and nothing happens when I go to where I think the door is.

Edit: Ah, I see in the main post that was intentional. Game seems pretty solid so far.

Thanks! I'm sorry the demo was so short, I wasn't originally planning to make a demo until summer was out, buuuuut patrons reached the stretch goal pretty quickly. ^^; There'll be more coming very soon!
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby EddyS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I have an issue, when I'm done with the intro, the game just quits and says;
"Unable to find file: Graphics/Tilesets/d3f7sm6-00fc3673-65fd-4ca5-9fc5-f61783440edf"

I just clicked the link and downloaded the file as a .zip folder, and it doesn't include this file in the download? What the hell?

EDIT: Wait... the file is in the Tilesets folder... but the game still quits? I don't know what's going on anymore.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:35 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:I have an issue, when I'm done with the intro, the game just quits and says;
"Unable to find file: Graphics/Tilesets/d3f7sm6-00fc3673-65fd-4ca5-9fc5-f61783440edf"

I just clicked the link and downloaded the file as a .zip folder, and it doesn't include this file in the download? What the hell?

EDIT: Wait... the file is in the Tilesets folder... but the game still quits? I don't know what's going on anymore.

Looks like there needs to be some sort of script added that allows the game to continue despite the missing asset. I have one for VX Ace.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby EddyS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:06 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:
EngilbertSig3 wrote:I have an issue, when I'm done with the intro, the game just quits and says;

Looks like there needs to be some sort of script added that allows the game to continue despite the missing asset. I have one for VX Ace.

It's not even missing; the file that the game says it can't find is in the tilesets folder... I hope this'll get fixed soon. I really want to play Elise's game.
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby EliseSB » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:

It's not even missing; the file that the game says it can't find is in the tilesets folder... I hope this'll get fixed soon. I really want to play Elise's game.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on right now... um... the people on my server aren't having trouble and it's the same link? I'm pretty new to VX Ace, I'll ask Salamoun for help when he wakes up. I'm so sorry about this!
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby salamoun » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:28 pm

I see 2 ways why this could be causing problems:
1. You have somehow accidentally renamed the tileset by 1 letter so the program no longer can locate the specific tileset.
2. Something fucked up during downloading and that's why it can't find it.
If you download and extract the game again, does the error still appear?
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Looks like a promising start so far, I'll definitely be watching this with interest.

I'll poke my nose in here as a developer. It runs normally for me, but maybe there's some issues from having a rar in a zip file, like maybe the directory becomes too long when fully extracted. (The Way I extracted it left 3 nested Stomach butterfly directories (It would have been 4 if I didn't "extract here" for the rar) I had somebody have that issue when they put Vore War in a privacy directory that was too long, older versions windows API is capped at 260 characters for a complete directory path. ( (Mine is for example C:\Users\.....\Downloads\Stomach Butterflies\Stomach Butterflies\Stomach Butterflies\Graphics\Tilesets\d3f7sm6-00fc3673-65fd-4ca5-9fc5-f61783440edf.png) so my total is 151 characters, but it's possible they could have exceeded that if it was in a deeper directory)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 am

Aurilika wrote:Looks like a promising start so far, I'll definitely be watching this with interest.

I'll poke my nose in here as a developer. It runs normally for me, but maybe there's some issues from having a rar in a zip file, like maybe the directory becomes too long when fully extracted. (The Way I extracted it left 3 nested Stomach butterfly directories (It would have been 4 if I didn't "extract here" for the rar) I had somebody have that issue when they put Vore War in a privacy directory that was too long, older versions windows API is capped at 260 characters for a complete directory path. ( (Mine is for example C:\Users\.....\Downloads\Stomach Butterflies\Stomach Butterflies\Stomach Butterflies\Graphics\Tilesets\d3f7sm6-00fc3673-65fd-4ca5-9fc5-f61783440edf.png) so my total is 151 characters, but it's possible they could have exceeded that if it was in a deeper directory)

Not something I like dealing with either, and it is fairly common when you have a random directory generator that some devs liked to use long ago...

sweetladyamy
---

Postby EliseSB » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 am

Okay everyone! When I get home, I'm going to rename the tilesets something saner and less corruptible and then re-upload it. For now though, I've got a few hours of work to get through... I know, I'm as disappointed as you are. Either way, I think that should solve the issue.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby Archangel64 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am

i cant leave the room
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EddyS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm

salamoun wrote:

1. You have somehow accidentally renamed the tileset by 1 letter so the program no longer can locate the specific tileset.

I extracted it again, this time without making a folder for the game preemptively and it worked! I can play the game now, but it seems like I can't leave the first room. I'm assuming that isn't finished? I know Elise said that she would put blockages to prevent you from entering unfinished rooms, but I literally can't leave the first room. Is that supposed to happen?
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ayra42 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:
salamoun wrote:

I extracted it again, this time without making a folder for the game preemptively and it worked! I can play the game now, but it seems like I can't leave the first room. I'm assuming that isn't finished? I know Elise said that she would put blockages to prevent you from entering unfinished rooms, but I literally can't leave the first room. Is that supposed to happen?

That's what Elise intended to do indeed
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby EliseSB » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Okay, for the people who are confused:

Yes, there is only one room in the game so far. I'm really, really sorry about this. However, I can promise you that the updates to this game will be much more rapidfire than God Complex, even if they're smaller. You'll get one every month (every fifteen days at high Patreon levels).

So far, the demo is just that: a demo. It reflects the tone of the game (high density of interactable objects, pictures during dialogue and customizeable outfits, Francisca's personality and a little bit of lore on the TV and bookshelf), but that's really all it is for now. I would've held off on submitting this if it wasn't for my promise to patrons... but I hope people enjoy what there is so far anyway, even if it isn't much.

As for the issue with the compression, I've renamed the tilesets and fixed a few minor glitches. I'm reuploading now: in about an hour, none of that should be a problem anymore.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowNightclaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi, having a bit of trouble opening the .rar file even with 7-ZIP. Getting a general error stating: Can not open file as archive. Is there some other program I should use for opening this?
ShadowNightclaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krono » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm

ShadowNightclaw wrote:Hi, having a bit of trouble opening the .rar file even with 7-ZIP. Getting a general error stating: Can not open file as archive. Is there some other program I should use for opening this?

try winrar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:04 pm

ShadowNightclaw wrote:Hi, having a bit of trouble opening the .rar file even with 7-ZIP. Getting a general error stating: Can not open file as archive. Is there some other program I should use for opening this?

Ya might wanna try redownloading. Sometimes the download process doesn't always work without a hitch, and this error can result from that.

7zip should have no issues with opening any form of RAR file unless it's not an actual RAR file.

sweetladyamy
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game