Aeon - City of Light (Cancelled)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Aeon - City of Light (Cancelled)

Postby Invictus314159 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Update September 17th, 2019:

My computer's hard drive corrupted. With that, all the files I had for the game are permanently gone. I thought I fixed my backup, but the only backup I have is a really old version with practically nothing in it. Therefore, I can no longer continue working on the game. I will keep it up as an early stage work, and probably start working on a new game, however this one is unfortunately dead.

Game Download Link:
Version 0.08: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ik5qp4ktxxam ... quest?dl=0
NOTE: The game WILL NOT RUN without Quest.

Here is a link to download Quest if you don't have it already:
http://textadventures.co.uk/quest/desktop

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
Final Demo 0.08:
• Fixed some typos and grammatical errors in various locations. Also probably introduced more in others.
• Added several new areas in Agraria (Drunken Naga, Cattle Farm, Manor House).
-Note: Manor House is incomplete and will have more content in 0.1
• Added Main Road, which will serve as a path to the various areas of Aeon
• Added 5 new vore scenes
• Bug Fix: Bug causing the portal in Pat’s Lab to return an error when used has been squashed.
• Tried to remove plant from start room (Third time was not the charm)
0.05:
• Removed Information Guide room
• Renamed Version Info Guide -> Information Guide
• Combined the contents of Info Guide and Version Guide, streamlined design
• Added Information Guide to player inventory
• Added Pat
• Advanced the story some more
• +1 new scene (Hidden).
• Improved Kiara UB scene (added some details and fixed some fucky grammar)
• Tried to remove Plant from start room (eaten by succubus)
• Bug fix: Not enough bugs. Solution: more bugs
• Didn’t delete the file this time
0.01:
• Succubus OV, Kiara UB added
• Added Start Room, Information Guide, 6 other rooms
• Added Eraser to player’s inventory
• Added Version Info Guide to Start Room
• Added bugs
• Added Restart Button to Succubus Game Over screen
• Added stupid jokes
• Broke the fourth wall
• Accidentally deleted the entire f*cking file and had to restart from scratch
• Tried to remove Plant from start room (unsuccessful)

If you notice any bugs or would like to share some feedback, don't hesitate to leave a comment. I will check frequently to respond to replies to this post.

I hope you enjoy!

Game Description and Backstory:

Hey! Most of you are probably thinking "I've literally never seen this guy once in my life". Well, you're right: this is the very first time I have posted! I've been a lurker for about a year now, and after playing numerous games created by this awesome community I wanted to give back in some way.

Therefore, I am going to flex my writing muscles, rev up my imagination, and create a new game in Quest! The game itself will be set in the virtual world of Aeon. Aeon is a massive civilization with elements drawn from various fantasy novels and contains multiple different landscapes within the city walls (So far I think of a human settlement, a Hell-type area, an ocean containing totally-not-Atlantis, and other worlds.).

But you guys aren't here for the sorry excuse for a plot, you are here for the VORE! There will be many types of vore as well as many scenes. I plan on this game having a lot of content. As for what types can be expected, here is a list:

Oral Vore (duh)
Unbirth (expect this to be prominently featured along with oral, it's my favorite type of vore)
Anal Vore
Breast Vore (underrated gem, IMO)
Absorption

There will also be some FM/FF sex as well as a few miscellaneous kinks like femdom. The main focus is obviously vore, and almost all sex scenes will lead to some form of vore.
Cock vore is also a possibility but I'm not super into it so it will be a rare find. If there is a scene that would normally involve this then there will be a warning (you can choose to skip, or perhaps watch an alternate scene instead ;))

All types of scenes will be either quasi-fatal or non-fatal/endo. What do I mean by quasi-fatal? I don't plan on making hard game-overs: When you "die" you will be sent back to a death area or perhaps the area right before the scene (like how Halcyon handled the scenes in Nyan Adventures, for those who have played it) Either way, you will quickly be able to jump back into action without having to reload or worry about losing progress. There is elements of reformation, but also elements of perma-death in certain situations.

The game is primarily from the POV of prey. I'm not a huge fan of the pred POV, so I apologize to those who are but there won't be a lot (if any) pred content. If there's enough interest I might throw some pred scenes in there, but the primary focus is prey.

Types of characters will range from humans to humanoid beings (succubi, demons, etc.) to monster girls. Don't expect male preds, although there will be male auxillary characters (some of which will definitely be involved in some scenes...). Furries are highly unlikely as, while I have absolutely no objections to furry content, it does not interest me and therefore I feel like the quality would suffer should i force myself to write it in.

As for an update schedule, I'll try to keep everyone here in the loop as to what is being worked on. I am a college student, and obviously college work has to come before this, but luckily my schedule isn't packed too tightly so I have a decent amount of time to work on this (summer classes :D).

Anyways, I've wasted enough of your time. Stop reading, click the link, and enjoy!
Last edited by Invictus314159 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Re: New Quest Game (Version 0.01 coming May 23, 2019)

Postby Persona59523 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 am

quick question, is there going to be futa girls
Persona59523
Participator

Postby TheBlueOne » Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 am

Color me intrigued. Gonna be keeping an eye on this.
TheBlueOne
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tilalumtar » Wed May 22, 2019 11:05 am

Okay, Count me in! :D

Though, I still didn't get it. How can I imagine this game to be? You said you won't to do it with an Rpg-Maker and you said that it won't be anything coded as you don't know how.

What is it then?
Or will you first write stories and then pack them into an Rpg-Maker when you are able to handle it?
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Archangel64 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:07 am

I will totally keep an eye on this!
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 am

Tilalumtar wrote:Okay, Count me in! :D

Though, I still didn't get it. How can I imagine this game to be? You said you won't to do it with an Rpg-Maker and you said that it won't be anything coded as you don't know how.

What is it then?
Or will you first write stories and then pack them into an Rpg-Maker when you are able to handle it?

They're using Quest
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tilalumtar » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 am

hernextmeal wrote:

What is it then?

They're using Quest

Ahhhh, okay. Now everything makes sense. Thank you :)
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Invictus314159 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Persona59523 wrote:quick question, is there going to be futa girls

If there is any CV at all, then it will be with futas. Not a huge fan of CV but again if there's enough interest then I'll add a few scenes.

Tilalumtar wrote:
hernextmeal wrote:

What is it then?

They're using Quest

Ahhhh, okay. Now everything makes sense. Thank you :)

Yep, the Quest engine is much more beginner friendly than RPG maker. I initially tried setting up with RPG maker but quickly realized I was in way over my head. I might do something with it in the future but I figured I'll work with Quest first to get a handle on basic game design. Quest uses very little code and the interface is very easy to work with.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby Oceansire » Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Since we're all asking questions, is it same-size, size difference, or a mix?
Oceansire
Been posting for a bit

Postby Invictus314159 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Oceansire wrote:Since we're all asking questions, is it same-size, size difference, or a mix?

There will be both same (or similar) size and macro/micro.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby Setton » Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Keeping an eye on this :^).
Setton
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Are the characters furries or humans and are you male or female? Or can you choose all that? Game failed to load too.
Last edited by Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus on Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Re: Aeon - City of Light (Version 0.01 Released)

Postby Invictus314159 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:19 pm

The first version has been released!
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby Invictus314159 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:Are the characters furries or humans and are you male or female? Or can you choose all that? Game failed to load too.

Are you running the latest version of Quest? I downloaded a fresh copy on a separate device (with Quest downloaded) and it worked fine. You absolutely have to have it or else the game can't be loaded.

As for characters, the main character is male, most preds are female. There will be monster girls but furries are unlikely.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Re: Aeon - City of Light (Version 0.01 Released)

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am

Not much feedback to give at this state. What's here is nice, there's just not much of it. The eraser item is a nice touch.
empatheticapathy
---

Re: Aeon - City of Light (Version 0.05 Released!)

Postby Invictus314159 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:44 pm

Version 0.05 has been released! Read the changelog for what's new in this version.

I also have a question: I have been pondering the best way to show the vore scenes, specifically how to display the text. I am between having multiple "stopping points" requiring a key press to advance, or setting up a delay system where the text appears at a fixed pace. Which one would you all prefer? And would you prefer more or fewer separations in regards to the text? I'll set up a poll later for it.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 pm

Invictus314159 wrote:Version 0.05 has been released! Read the changelog for what's new in this version.

I also have a question: I have been pondering the best way to show the vore scenes, specifically how to display the text. I am between having multiple "stopping points" requiring a key press to advance, or setting up a delay system where the text appears at a fixed pace. Which one would you all prefer? And would you prefer more or fewer separations in regards to the text? I'll set up a poll later for it.

I very strongly prefer the key-press method, because then the player is in control, and there's no waiting whatsoever.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby SalVados » Sun May 26, 2019 12:19 am

I am on empathetic's side here. Allow the players to set their own pace of progression rather than making them worry about when the text will keep scrolling before they are at the end.
SalVados
New to the forum

Postby Invictus314159 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:06 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
Invictus314159 wrote:Version 0.05 has been released! Read the changelog for what's new in this version.

I very strongly prefer the key-press method, because then the player is in control, and there's no waiting whatsoever.

I prefer that method too personally. I went back through this morning and replaced the timed scripts with key-presses, so you'll see exclusively those types of transitions when 0.1 comes out.
Invictus314159
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaded353 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 am

having an issue when i try to leave the portal to go to aeon square after visiting pat, "Error running script: Error compiling expression 'Aeon Square': Unknown object or variable 'Aeon Square'" is what it says
jaded353
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game