Concept for a vore-themed match-three game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Concept for a vore-themed match-three game

Postby LightDragon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello !

I have been playing Homescapes a lot recently, so I am now thinking of some gameplay elements that could work well in a vore themed match-3 game.
Basically, the game screen would be the predator's stomach. It would be filled with prey tiles, and the player would have to help the digestion. Preys are digested when 3 or more preys of the same type are aligned. To align the preys, your only option is to swap the position of two adjacent preys.
Contrary to usual match 3 games, the tiles are not removed from the game when they are aligned : they turn into special skeleton tiles (see below). I am still not sure if these skeleton tiles should be destroyed in a classical manner (align 3 or more), or if they should be destroyed by aligning other tiles next to them... If there is void at some point, upper tiles will fall in the gap, and new tiles arrive from the up, as the predator eats new preys. I think that given the difficulty posed by skeletons, the player should be able to swap 2 tiles even if they don't match.

So let's begin with the different tile types.

"Normal food" tiles :
- Mouse (grey)
- Bird (red)
- Fish (blue)
- Frog (green)
- Rabbit (yellow)
All the preys turn into skeletons when they are digested (namely, when 3 or more tiles of the same prey are aligned). There is only 1 type of skeleton tile, independently from the prey species.

Special tiles :
- Skeleton (white) : can only be destroyed by destroying tiles adjacent to them
- Junk (black) : impossible to break. The only solution is to bring them to the bottom of the screen, so that they are evacuated through the "back door" (could also work for skeletons by the way)
- Poisonous mushroom : if digested, it will result in a -2 penalty on your move counter. Like junk, it can be evacuated by bringing it to the bottom of the stomach.
- Void artifact : if swapped with a prey tile, all preys of the same color will be digested. It becomes a junk tile after use.
- Fireworks : if activated, kills all preys in a row/column, destroys skeletons and junks, but results in a -1 penalty on the move counter
- Superior preys : They behave the same as normal preys, but take several "hits" before being digested
- Snakes : These snakes had eaten something before being swallowed themselves. They come in the same colors as preys. Once digested, instead of yielding a skeleton, they yield another type of tile.

Power-ups : you can use power ups to help you get past a complicated situation. Activating a power-up does not cost any move, but their use is limited.
- Bomb : the predator will swallow a bomb as he can, meaning that the next tile coming from up will be a bomb. Click on the bomb to destroy nearby skeletons, junks and preys.
- Acid : the lowest row of the grid will fill with acid. All the preys touched by the acid will turn into skeletons after your next move. Skeletons that have been in acid for 2 moves will be destroyed.
- Pepto-bismol : gives you 3 additional moves before failing the level
- Punch : allows you to destroy 1 tile regardless of what it is (actually, this could be a regular move too)
- Roll : shuffles the position of all tiles

Goals :
- Digesting a given number of preys (reach a given score) in a given amount of moves
- Beat a boss that can only be damaged by matching 3 or more tiles near him, in a given amount of moves
If the player fails the level, the predator gets and indigestion :p
LightDragon
Participator

Re: Concept for a vore-themed match-three game

Postby Bright » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 am

I like this idea.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Re: Concept for a vore-themed match-three game

Postby EliseSB » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:09 pm

This is a cool concept and all, but I think it might actually work better with Tetris or so. Or maybe Dr. Mario. Anything that focuses on the prey falling into her belly, so it can show her swallowing each prey before they fall.

Beyond that, I'd personally prefer playing as the pred, digesting her food, than someone else rubbing her gut.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game