Looking for RPG Maker VX Ace Battle System

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Looking for RPG Maker VX Ace Battle System

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:51 pm

In a lot of vore games, the limitations can be a bit frustrating. Cutscenes work quite nicely for story-related vore, but battles, especially generic battles, usually have an unsatisfying simple attack animation, or even just some text. And with the default battle system, I couldn't do much more than that.

I'm making my own game at the moment, but can't find the right places to find a battle script that works for my needs.

At the bare minimum, I need a system that shows each party member as a full image, then allows changing that image according to status effects or other variables (that could be used quite effectively in a multi-stage vore attack).

I would try to do this myself, but I have absolutely no idea how to work with the scripting language of RPG Maker, beyond what is required for making games within the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just directing me to a different knowledge resource.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking for RPG Maker VX Ace Battle System

Postby VoreLover666 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 pm

I can't actually recall - and currently don't have time to check - if Yanfly's plugins have stuff like what you're describing. At the very least, he has AMAZING plugins with tons of functionality that could else serve as a good window into how the language works.

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

Warm recommendations - I can't start a project without his plugins.
VoreLover666
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks! I think I already found something of theirs that does exactly what I want (Visual State Effects) on a cursory glance.

Not only that, but I've found so many others that would just improve life in general.

And with such good documentation, it should be a lot easier to learn how to use them.

This is exactly what I needed.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Yanfly was going to be my first suggestion, followed by TsukiHime. There's also Victory Engine and Galv's scripts.

Plenty of battle engine scripts and picture scripts out there, though a lot of them require some advanced RGSS skills.

Especially so if you want side view battles.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Return to Vore game