Predator Simulator: A New Gen Vore RPG [HIATUS]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Do you want to see more of this game?

Yes
98%
Not interested
2%

Total votes : 1602

Re: Predator Simulator: A New Gen Vore RPG [0.0.2 UPDATE]

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Nothing WRONG with it per se... but being able to choose from multiple different protagonists WOULD be able to fill certain people's niches. and more sprites aren't THAT big a deal, if the character graphics are lined up and angled the same way our current one is, then we could just use the current bellies for the others.

+1 for more character types to chose from (still hoping for an eventual anthro), but i doubt you could use the bellies so easily. Even some basic playing around in GIMP made it obvious using the same belies on different characters would look weird. A lot of the monster sprites i tried to line up with the gut but the skin tones were all slightly different. only the blue, skittish harpy came close to the current sprites but her belly is angled down so it all looked funky compared to the straight standing pose the basic protag belly is built for.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Valtr » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:38 am

---
Last edited by Valtr on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valtr
New to the forum

Postby yoyo02222803 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:58 am

This game is really great. I hope to continue to see the update.
yoyo02222803
New to the forum

Postby thespyfurry69 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:33 am

Are there any farts in the game?
thespyfurry69
Been posting for a bit

Postby JadeThePanda » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 am

I really dig this so far, but I have some things I'd like to point out.

1) The way you get bonus capacity+digestion strength, while it technically makes sense, is too strict to be a fun mechanic, is made much harder to use thanks to all the passive digestion options frequently going past how much you need to reduce your 'fullness' by on accident, requires you to take a toll on your HP and defense from overfilling while trying to improve them, and is even more frustrating when your capacity is large enough to take a toll on your movement speed at any level of fullness NEAR what you need in order to gain this already frustrating-to-achieve bonus. This would be fine if it were more optional, but it seems more or less mandatory if you want to eat a lot of the tougher/bigger enemies (such as lamias)
2) The vomit option only takes effect upon a restart of the game.
3) The layout of the grub cave is way too confusing, and you can get out of bounds way too easy because some decoration tiles are acting as floors/stairs instead of walls.
4) Blue harpies could do with a reduction in their fleeing chance.
5) There's no safe way of first-turn-consuming low level enemies unless you've already eaten them multiple times before, which makes random encounters while you're traveling in low-level zones to get between higher-level zones completely pointless, as they can't be reliably eaten to restore your health, and the XP and G you gain from slaying them is worthless at that point. This just makes it a right pain to travel.

Proposed changes: (besides any you've already mentioned addressing)
1) Make it easier and less frustrating to gain bonus capacity+digestion strength, and/or make gains to these more substantial and/or frequent.
2) Remove the spotlight shadow effect (vignette?) in the grub cave, make it a little less dark, and fix the tiles in the walls you can walk through.
3) Reduce blue harpy's flee chance
Just a lesbian furry that likes willing endo/reformation stuff.
JadeThePanda
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:10 am

JadeThePanda wrote:I really dig this so far, but I have some things I'd like to point out.

5) There's no safe way of first-turn-consuming low level enemies unless you've already eaten them multiple times before, which makes random encounters while you're traveling in low-level zones to get between higher-level zones completely pointless, as they can't be reliably eaten to restore your health, and the XP and G you gain from slaying them is worthless at that point. This just makes it a right pain to travel.

Of your concerns, I am at least able to address this one right now. One of the planned changes in the next version is being able to eat enemies that you reduce to zero health.

Otherwise, I'll leave it to schprengwerder to address the others.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JadeThePanda » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:One of the planned changes in the next version is being able to eat enemies that you reduce to zero health.

That's actually exactly what I was referring to when I said "besides any you've already mentioned addressing," but thank you for letting me know anyway. c:
JadeThePanda
Somewhat familiar

Postby rasengan96 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 am

Hey, long time listener first time caller, this game is pretty good so far and I really think this system has potential.

I have a couple of suggestions though.

1). I think there should be a way either through leveling up or a quest or something like that to reduce the movement speed penalties when you get to higher belly sizes, from the fact that there are still achievements past the 'max' visible belly size I can pretty much guess you're planning on adding larger ones in the future, and as it is your character will be getting a massive move speed penalty even before they're halfway 'full' at higher stomach capacities. Maybe tie encumberment to fullness?

2.) Maybe you were already planning this, but I'd also like to see groups of 'medium' and even 'large' size enemies show up in encounters as well. As it is the consume all button isn't useful outside of the first couple of areas, and once you get to a certain point the areas just aren't dangerous from a combat perspective. As for the command itself I think the accuracy should be lower than the regular consume command, at least until you reach a certain threshold of that certain type of enemy having been eaten, that way it won't just be an I win button at least until you reach a certain point.

3). This has to do with the cave adventurer quest. I was thinking that maybe you could add rewards to the quest other than gold, like maybe if you help out the adventurer and don't eat both of them you can go back to the cabin and get a potion or something that improves an aspect of your character like stomach capacity or digestion rate, and since it's a quest it should be a nice reward(+2 stomach capacity/digest speed maybe?). Or how about a mini-boss in the slime cave, A green slime princess, and a blue slime princess.You could make it so if you engage one the other runs away and maybe eating the blue one increases capacity by one level and eating the green one increases digestion speed by one level.

That's about all I got, again good work so far and I look forward to what you have in store in the future.
rasengan96
New to the forum

Postby KheraTheWolf » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 am

Hi, I started playing this game and I'm still in the very beginning, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I only have about 20 minutes played so far as of the time I'm writing this, and I'm only at 3 belly capacity and 1 digestion rate, but I'm already level 5. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing to up my belly capacity and digestion rate more and faster? I've been eating hornets and slimes to try to level up and increase my stats but it's very slow and tedious with how low my stats are.
KheraTheWolf
New to the forum

Postby JadeThePanda » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:45 pm

KheraTheWolf wrote:Hi, I started playing this game and I'm still in the very beginning, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I only have about 20 minutes played so far as of the time I'm writing this, and I'm only at 3 belly capacity and 1 digestion rate, but I'm already level 5. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing to up my belly capacity and digestion rate more and faster? I've been eating hornets and slimes to try to level up and increase my stats but it's very slow and tedious with how low my stats are.

Try eating all the way to maximum capacity before napping, it's super easy when you only have size 1 and 2 enemies. You seem to have to be exactly at max overfill, though.
JadeThePanda
Somewhat familiar

Postby KheraTheWolf » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:55 am

JadeThePanda wrote:
KheraTheWolf wrote:Hi, I started playing this game and I'm still in the very beginning, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I only have about 20 minutes played so far as of the time I'm writing this, and I'm only at 3 belly capacity and 1 digestion rate, but I'm already level 5. Is there something I'm supposed to be doing to up my belly capacity and digestion rate more and faster? I've been eating hornets and slimes to try to level up and increase my stats but it's very slow and tedious with how low my stats are.

Try eating all the way to maximum capacity before napping, it's super easy when you only have size 1 and 2 enemies. You seem to have to be exactly at max overfill, though.

I found out how to get around the issue I was having. As of right now it seems that if you use your level up skill, you can't earn extra belly cap and digestion rate from eating and overeating enemies. I was able to start increasing my stats once I had the level up skill available but not using it. But now my question is is it supposed to take as long as it is for me to get past 9 capacity and digestion rate? I'm at 1300 something total digested so far and I'm still at 9. I'm wondering if my game broke again because it seems a little odd that it started taking so long to get higher stats considering I need to level up my stats several more times before I can even eat a lamia or a slime queen without dying.
KheraTheWolf
New to the forum

Postby KheraTheWolf » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 am

KheraTheWolf wrote:
JadeThePanda wrote:

I found out how to get around the issue I was having. As of right now it seems that if you use your level up skill, you can't earn extra belly cap and digestion rate from eating and overeating enemies. I was able to start increasing my stats once I had the level up skill available but not using it. But now my question is is it supposed to take as long as it is for me to get past 9 capacity and digestion rate? I'm at 1300 something total digested so far and I'm still at 9. I'm wondering if my game broke again because it seems a little odd that it started taking so long to get higher stats considering I need to level up my stats several more times before I can even eat a lamia or a slime queen without dying.

Never mind, I figured out that I don't get extra belly cap and digestion rate unless I eat to the max amount possible without dying and then digesting. At this point I have 25 cap and rate and I've done pretty much everything there is to do in the game. Something I would suggest is to make the cave quest replayable after you finish it. I'd like to try to fight the slime queen again and eat her and the cave adventurer again now that I can eat them both without dying.
KheraTheWolf
New to the forum

Postby Zeroglitch » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

Thank you to RediQ
For answering my question on how to activate the full screen mode for this game.
It was very helpful.
Zeroglitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ayra42 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Try eating all the way to maximum capacity before napping, it's super easy when you only have size 1 and 2 enemies. You seem to have to be exactly at max overfill, though.[/quote]

I can confirm this, I’ve spent some time going to a stomach capacity of 46 (allows me to get down two lamias in one go)
And to get there you’ve got to get at Max overfill each time or the belly stretching mechanic just never occur.
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 pm

try using the passive rapid digestion, i've found it seems to proc more passive stat boosts as it slowly takes chunks out of the current meal, adding xp and health. and i've definitely gotten capacity ups and regular levels from passive digesting while not being completely overfull, only partially.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:08 am

KheraTheWolf wrote: Something I would suggest is to make the cave quest replayable after you finish it. I'd like to try to fight the slime queen again and eat her and the cave adventurer again now that I can eat them both without dying.

I want to second this. Being able to revisit or relive scenes would be very nice, rather than having to go back to old savefiles.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby schprengwerder » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:38 am

Seasons greetings to all.

A small progress report. The game is still being worked on, with many new additions to the game being made. Things that have been implemented or are under construction for the next update are;
- A second player avatar
- Fast travel between maps
- A quest
- More maps
- More humanoid prey
- Day/night cycles implemented with varied prey
- A special attack animation
- Whatever else is added between now and the release date

Over the New Year's break, I will be travelling overseas for a few weeks. I will be unable to work on the game in that time. As such, the expected release date is mid-February. This is not a deadline though, as there is a lot of work still to be done. Anyone who wishes to contribute to help the game release earlier is encouraged to send a private message. Thank you all very much for your patience.

- schprengwerder
schprengwerder
Been posting for a bit

Postby rasengan96 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm

I haven't seen this mentioned, but there seems to be a bug where if you get to the threshold for instantly eating the field harpies you can instantly eat any other enemy in the game
rasengan96
New to the forum

Postby Looozy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:13 am

I cant seem to get the camps to spawn in the forest I know they are supposed to be random but I've been napping and sleeping till night a bunch and nothing yet.
Looozy
New to the forum

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Looozy wrote:I cant seem to get the camps to spawn in the forest I know they are supposed to be random but I've been napping and sleeping till night a bunch and nothing yet.

same here, it's as if it's somehow disable in the latest version.
schprengwerder wrote:Seasons greetings to all.

Over the New Year's break, I will be travelling overseas for a few weeks. I will be unable to work on the game in that time. As such, the expected release date is mid-February. This is not a deadline though, as there is a lot of work still to be done. Anyone who wishes to contribute to help the game release earlier is encouraged to send a private message. Thank you all very much for your patience.

- schprengwerder

also glad to know everything's going ok.
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game