discontinued

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: discontinued

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am

ian66613 wrote:
Anonymous111 wrote:i get that your discontinuing the game but do you really have to remove the download link

Some people don't want to share assets, or let others continue their work. (It's really easy to extract RPG Maker games so that you can put them back into the editor again. Like I did with Mashiro's Exploration Record/Log when I was trying to translate it originally. It still would've been way easier to just port the game to the later RPG Maker engines and remake it from scratch.)

This is basically it, yeah. I'm sorry that I removed the link you wanted, but I didn't want my work to be used by someone else and become something I didn't want it to be.

Talon13 wrote:As far as getting no responses a lot of people here might be a little jaded cause project on here tend to just vanish so people will wait a bit before getting invested ^^;

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People who create things for other people absolutely need feedback and engagement. If they don't get it, it's going to destroy their desire to keep going, and they're eventually going to just quit making the thing because you can't just throw hours upon days upon weeks of work into a void and keep your motivation up. That's probably why at least a good hunk of projects just disappear; the interest in them wanes, the updates get no attention, and the maker just decides "well, alright, then I'll do something else with my time."

That's precisely why I discontinued this. I worked extremely hard on it, spent so long making sure certain things worked properly, and few people seemed to care. And again, that's totally fine; people like what they like and if they don't like it, *shrug* oh well! That's how the dice roll.

But if you're not going to give the creator anything, you can't expect the creator to keep creating, either. If you don't want to get invested, that's understandable, but don't be upset when the creator just drops or removes their work.

Personally? I would adore making another game for Eka's. I've even given serious thought to doing it. But every time I always come back to the point of "I never got much engagement before, and now won't be any different, so there's no point to starting again when it'll just die from lack of interest".
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Discontinued

Postby Garz » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:48 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:I appreciate all of you guys, so much, who did care and liked it, but when every update has gotten basically no response at all (and the most recent one, which was extremely tedious and exhausting to make work right, getting ACTIVELY none), I just can't keep going on this.

Ouch, man. I do know what it's like when you put a lot of heart and soul into something and then get radio silence.

Sorry to hear about the loss of excitement. :( Hopefully you do find a new project, or possibly after a hiatus find renewed interest in this one. Definitely don't lose hope!
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Discontinued

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:59 am

Garz wrote:Ouch, man. I do know what it's like when you put a lot of heart and soul into something and then get radio silence.

Sorry to hear about the loss of excitement. :( Hopefully you do find a new project, or possibly after a hiatus find renewed interest in this one. Definitely don't lose hope!

Aw, thank you. <3 I definitely won't be picking this project up again, sadly, because it just has too much disappointment saddling it down. Like I've said, I'd like to get a new project going, but... without some guarantee that it would receive more attention, I simply can't do it, and unfortunately I have no idea how to make that guarantee happen. :( The only thoughts I have are reliant on other people and that's just not a thing you can count on.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game