discontinued

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby ian66613 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 am

I'm guessing there's no plans to have a line of shrinking interactions / internal scenes for those of us who prefer to be prey? (I know your game is all about being predator, yes. But it would also be nice to have a list of arena opponents to choose from after the initial fight rather than forcing us into some sort of progression. So that you could add optional ones that you can challenge at any time.)

IE: a battle where the opponent ends up knocking you out, making it look like you've lost, and ends up shrinking you. You end up inside them, and it turns out they have an extremely long digestive/absorption period (Could be cock/whatever too.) You could potentially escape before you're completely done for. of course, this would require having this predator have their own room, and you have to escape it while still shrunken. Alternative interactions with certain training room NPCs could occur while still shrunken, but you'll be able to get back by buying a embiggen potion (available only while shrunken. Since the NPC shop would have a different interaction with you while such.)
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch fairy boy. NOW WITH IMAGE FINALLY)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
User avatar
ian66613
---
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 am

ian66613 wrote:I'm guessing there's no plans to have a line of shrinking interactions / internal scenes for those of us who prefer to be prey? (I know your game is all about being predator, yes. But it would also be nice to have a list of arena opponents to choose from after the initial fight rather than forcing us into some sort of progression. So that you could add optional ones that you can challenge at any time.)

IE: a battle where the opponent ends up knocking you out, making it look like you've lost, and ends up shrinking you. You end up inside them, and it turns out they have an extremely long digestive/absorption period (Could be cock/whatever too.) You could potentially escape before you're completely done for. of course, this would require having this predator have their own room, and you have to escape it while still shrunken. Alternative interactions with certain training room NPCs could occur while still shrunken, but you'll be able to get back by buying a embiggen potion (available only while shrunken. Since the NPC shop would have a different interaction with you while such.)

Shrinking, no. I have absolutely no interest in it, so I have no desire to write it. There won't be anything related to it in the game unless a contributor asks for it, and even if a contributor does ask, it won't be anywhere near as elaborate as you want, I'm afraid. It'll be a single scene.

As for prey, there's going to be prey scenes, yes. Most of the scenes I've written so far are predator, but there are prey ones planned, because I like having a balance between both. I'm not sure what you mean by "internal scenes", but no, there's not going to be any sort of long digestive/absorption either. The idea is intriguing, but a scene like that would just be far too much work to manage. The predator having their own room is easy, but the other part comes in how do you escape? Minigame? Choices? And what if someone doesn't want the long scene? I need to put a skip somewhere. How many times do you need to do something to escape? It's not a bad idea, it's just too involved for the scale I want the game on right now. Just writing a single one-shot scene, coding it in, making sure everything works, that already takes up enough time and effort for me as it is.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 pm

The only pregnancy opportunity is in the below, right? How do you make that happen?
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

ShadowedFigure wrote:The only pregnancy opportunity is in the below, right? How do you make that happen?

It's not quite in yet; it'll be coming with the other two enemies that are introduced! I'm not sure if it'll be in time for Christmas, but I do hope to get the update with it out soon.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:52 am

So, there's not going to be a Christmas update (obviously). Life kicked me in the keester too hard. Next update will probably be sometime in January, if not February -- I can't promise anything right now, considering how chaotic things are.

However, to make it up to you guys, I'm doing something special...

You can submit a character to the game!

This is a simple one. I have some spots open for NPC scenes in the Slaver's room, and rather than fill them, I thought it'd be perfect to let you guys who have been following me for so long get a character you want in! (This does not mean that only those who have been here before can get it, just that I'll prioritize their requests over a newbie)

There's just a few simple things you need to submit:

  • Gender. Your character can be male or female -- yes, I'm opening this up to girls! It must be one or the other, however; it cannot be a herm. Trans folk count as their preferred gender, nonbinary with only one set of sexual organs is also fine.
  • Appearance. No clothing can be added, and the appearance must be simple and either anthropomorphic (fox, wolf, lizard, cat are the only options) or humanoid. I do not keep this character, so you can feel free to submit your OCs if you want rather than make a new one, but I am reserving the right to write the scene as I see fit, so keep that in mind.
  • Scene. This is not you writing it yourself, but what kind of scene you want (Ie, "cockvore", "oral", "no disposal", "yes disposal", that sort of stuff; you can ask if you aren't certain). Please be aware that your character is going to be prey, and I'm still not allowing anything on my "no" list (such as no anal vore unless it's unbirth->pregnancy). As long as you're within the constraints of the list, you're probably fine, and I can tell you if you aren't.

There are only going to be three that can be picked, and it is not first-come-first-serve; it's whoever's ideas/characters I like more. (However, I am going to pick at least one female character regardless, so keep that in mind)

Just go ahead and comment here and we'll see what we can do!
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby Jidane » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 am

Downloaded the game yesterday.

There's not much to talk about yet, but so far it looks promising. I am happy to see that skipping the graphic digestion and disposal will be skippable somewhere in the future, for that was the only (allthough minor) thing I wasn't 100% on board with. I do really enjoy that you are able to decorate your rooms to your tastes, it's a neat little idea.

You mentioned you were looking for sounds you can use. If you have an account over on FA, I'd suggest you check out Jeschke. Guy makes a lot of vore audio and has several packs of soundfiles to download, free to use. Gulps, gurgles, burps, whatever you need you can grab there.
User avatar
Jidane
Artist
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:02 am

Jidane wrote:Downloaded the game yesterday.

There's not much to talk about yet, but so far it looks promising. I am happy to see that skipping the graphic digestion and disposal will be skippable somewhere in the future, for that was the only (allthough minor) thing I wasn't 100% on board with. I do really enjoy that you are able to decorate your rooms to your tastes, it's a neat little idea.

You mentioned you were looking for sounds you can use. If you have an account over on FA, I'd suggest you check out Jeschke. Guy makes a lot of vore audio and has several packs of soundfiles to download, free to use. Gulps, gurgles, burps, whatever you need you can grab there.

It's something I actually picked up while playing games myself. I always hated games that had scat or watersports but didn't make them skippable, so I wanted to not do that myself. I'm still not sure when I can do it (obviously, I'm interested in making sure there's content there first, and the way the game's programmed it would take awhile to fix the current scenes), but that is still 100% a thing I am absolutely going to do. And thanks for the compliment about the room! It was actually pretty simple getting the furniture in place, just a bit time-consuming to do it all, but I really loved the idea and what it gives, so it was worth it. Maybe in the future, once there's more vore content, I might think about letting you pick different room layouts to customize them further, but that's gonna be waaaaaaaay in the future if it ever happens.

I don't have an account on FA, I don't think. Not really too interested in it, either. But maybe I'll check it out later. Thanks for the info!
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 8.1 (11-27-19)]

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:09 pm

UPDATE 9

Hey everyone! The holidays mixed with the past few months have just been crazy, so I didn't get a chance to work on the game much at all during it. However, because you had to wait so long for the update to come out, I decided to make it a special one, even if it was only minorly so. How? Well, there's one big, important addition I've finally been able to finish...

Disposal and Graphic Digestion can now be toggled off!

I really wanted to make this update special since I promised a Christmas update, and I know people have been wanting the toggles (and might not have even been able to play it because of these two things). So I went ahead and put it in! Check the changelog for more details on all of what's new. ^^ Sorry I wasn't able to put in as many vore scenes as I hoped, but the toggles really took up most of the time and willpower I had to get to work.

On top of that, I'm taking requests for characters/scenes/kinks to fill the last three cells of the Slaver's room!


Update 9 (1/15/20)
  • TOGGLES. I promised them, and they're here! You can now toggle disposal and graphic digestion off if that's not your thing; you can access the toggles by a key item in your inventory (which the game will now alert you of), and this affects every scene in the game so far (and will affect every scene going forward). Yes, this includes the Arena fights! I've removed the ability to pick whether or not you can dispose or not from the scene that had it, and going forward, this will determine which outcome you get. This was honestly pretty complicated to put in and took me forever, so there's probably inevitably going to be parts that I've missed or aren't working right even with me trying to test each scene; please let me know if you find any! Hilariously, rewriting the scenes was short and easy; it's coding this to work properly that was an issue.
  • I've added an FAQ to the front post and cleaned up the post in general; yeah this isn't really game-related, but it kinda needed an overhaul. If you have any suggestions for what other things I can clean up on it, let me know.
  • New poll up! Vote on the species of the final party member.
  • Fixed up some typos in the game I found and made some sound effects less off sounding. I also put mats in front of doors on the ground floor, since there's now doors on both sides of the hallway. I've also done a bit of UI changing; let me know if you'd rather it be changed back.
  • The Below's first floor is complete! Both missing monsters have been added, being the boss monster Ceberus, who knocks you up, and a different werewolf encounter where you're used as cum for them fucking each other. I'm not sure how I should do floors of the Below in the future. Should I release them as I complete scenes, and just put in the tags for what's actually there, or should I completely finish the floor before allowing you access to it?
  • You get paid for children! How much depends on how much the monster is worth, but it's a way to make money if you don't mind getting knocked up. You end the pregnancy by interacting with the picture in your room.
  • Also added pregnancy as a "status". It just has an orb icon, but I hope to sometime get it one that looks more like pregnancy (like a torso with a swollen stomach).
  • The bard is now available in the Training Grounds as a cock transformation scene! He'll offer to turn you into his dick, though he seems open to the idea of letting you do the same to him. However, in order to make him willing to let you top him, you'll have to do a favor for him first (which, along with the scene, is not yet in the game and will be added later on).
  • Removed the book vendor.
  • The Slaver has been completely redone. I was never happy with what I had set up for him, so I decided to fix it. He's been given his own area now, down in the hall with the other merchants. There are three empty cells that I'm taking community OCs/characters/kink suggestions for! In his place is a small "lounge". I'm not sure what I want to do with this yet, but I'm happy to take suggestions!
  • Minorly fixed up the imp, so now if you decline and then talk to him again, you don't have to go through the whole talk.
  • Added another minigame: Match Card Lottery! This is basically a scratchcard minigame; match three cards, get a reward. There's a couple of special items in there that you can only get from this lottery, as well as a way to get Crystal Shards and some more gold!
  • The Garden has now been added! Some special, plant-based scenes will occur here, along with more feral-like scenes; not many people maintain this thing. You can also collect herbs here for later use, as well as a special Glimmer Herb restoration item. Herbs regrow after a little while of play. Right now, only the Glimmer Herb is in the Garden, but the others will be added once I figure out their uses.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby tgcidolfus » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm

when trying the match card lottery I always receive a failed to load image error

"Failed to load:img/matchcard/card_back.png"
tgcidolfus
Participator
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 pm

tgcidolfus wrote:when trying the match card lottery I always receive a failed to load image error

"Failed to load:img/matchcard/card_back.png"

That is incredibly strange, because that usually means there's a missing img (specifically, it's not finding the card back to load) but I tried the lottery repeatedly and never got that error. If I load up my side of the game, it works perfectly fine, too, without any problem.

Is this from a fresh download?

EDIT: Found the error... and it's a bizarre one. For some reason, when I made a normally-playable version of the game, it completely omitted the entire folder in images that was set up for the Match Card Lottery. I... literally do not know why it did that, or how it did that, because I have never had RPG Maker MV ever do that before. I THINK I figured out how to fix it, but it'll take it a bit for the fixed version to upload.
Last edited by BrokenButterfly45 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby Benevorlent » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:44 pm

What is a Gijinka? I'm having trouble googling what the term means.
User avatar
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Benevorlent wrote:What is a Gijinka? I'm having trouble googling what the term means.

Oh, it's the term I've always heard for people with ears/tails/horns, but not actually furry. Google is kind of confusing for it -- the more accurate term is probably "kemomomini", but like I've said, I've always heard "gijinka" forever, so I just inherently default to that.

Like, for instance, "Gijinka Fox" would be a human-looking character that has fox ears instead of human ears and a fox tail, but is otherwise not furry.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby wanderer59 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 pm

download link is not working? The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
wanderer59
New to the forum
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 pm

wanderer59 wrote:download link is not working? The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

That's because I was fixing an error. Speaking of which!

Fixed version is up, and I found out the problem. Whenever I make a deployment version of the game (that is, that people can play), I pick the option to omit unused files so the size is smaller. However, for some reason, RPG Maker does not associate files used with plugins as used, and so it'll just... take them out. I'm adding plugins to give myself more possibility, but I think I found a way around this, so we'll see how it works.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Velabeth Arena [Update 9 (1/15/20)] TOGGLES NOW EXIST

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

Okay, guys, sorry, but I'm discontinuing this and I'm not sure I'll be making anything to replace it.

I appreciate all of you guys, so much, who did care and liked it, but when every update has gotten basically no response at all (and the most recent one, which was extremely tedious and exhausting to make work right, getting ACTIVELY none), I just can't keep going on this.

Now, I knew M/M content was not going to be the most popular. I accepted that. But I didn't expect to get basically nothing. You should make something because you enjoy making it, and I did enjoy this game, a lot! But when you make stuff for others to enjoy, and you get nothing back but a void... yeah, it pretty much cuts your will to keep making it. And for a game like this, it's hard, it's intensive, it requires so much to get it to work right. And when it feels like no one's interested... yeah, it's hard to motivate yourself to keep going.

I had given serious thought to making an inverse of this game, a prey-based one with predator options to see if that did better, but honestly, I'm just not the type who can work in a situation where I get basically no feedback at all. That's just how I am, apparently! And making this game taught me that and taught me that some combination of the game just wasn't appealing, which... people like what they like, can't be helped! But some creators can't work without anything coming back in, too. It's a shame, I liked it, but... yeah, this just won't work.

I hope you guys who did enjoy it find something else you can do and enjoy. I will be available for hire for anyone who'd like to get more detailed versions of my writing, or even if someone wants me to code a game for them! Have a good day.
User avatar
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: discontinued

Postby Anonymous111 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Okay, guys, sorry, but I'm discontinuing this and I'm not sure I'll be making anything to replace it.

I appreciate all of you guys, so much, who did care and liked it, but when every update has gotten basically no response at all (and the most recent one, which was extremely tedious and exhausting to make work right, getting ACTIVELY none), I just can't keep going on this.

Now, I knew M/M content was not going to be the most popular. I accepted that. But I didn't expect to get basically nothing. You should make something because you enjoy making it, and I did enjoy this game, a lot! But when you make stuff for others to enjoy, and you get nothing back but a void... yeah, it pretty much cuts your will to keep making it. And for a game like this, it's hard, it's intensive, it requires so much to get it to work right. And when it feels like no one's interested... yeah, it's hard to motivate yourself to keep going.

I had given serious thought to making an inverse of this game, a prey-based one with predator options to see if that did better, but honestly, I'm just not the type who can work in a situation where I get basically no feedback at all. That's just how I am, apparently! And making this game taught me that and taught me that some combination of the game just wasn't appealing, which... people like what they like, can't be helped! But some creators can't work without anything coming back in, too. It's a shame, I liked it, but... yeah, this just won't work.

I hope you guys who did enjoy it find something else you can do and enjoy. I will be available for hire for anyone who'd like to get more detailed versions of my writing, or even if someone wants me to code a game for them! Have a good day.
i get that your discontinuing the game but do you really have to remove the download link
Anonymous111
New to the forum
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: discontinued

Postby ian66613 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:i get that your discontinuing the game but do you really have to remove the download link


Some people don't want to share assets, or let others continue their work. (It's really easy to extract RPG Maker games so that you can put them back into the editor again. Like I did with Mashiro's Exploration Record/Log when I was trying to translate it originally. It still would've been way easier to just port the game to the later RPG Maker engines and remake it from scratch.)
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch fairy boy. NOW WITH IMAGE FINALLY)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
User avatar
ian66613
---
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: discontinued

Postby Talon13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm

I mean I wish I'd known about this. Removing the download link is really a dick move.

As far as getting no responses a lot of people here might be a little jaded cause project on here tend to just vanish so people will wait a bit before getting invested ^^;
Talon13
Participator
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 am

Re: discontinued

Postby ian66613 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Talon13 wrote:I mean I wish I'd known about this. Removing the download link is really a dick move.

As far as getting no responses a lot of people here might be a little jaded cause project on here tend to just vanish so people will wait a bit before getting invested ^^;


I've come to expect the majority of projects failing, or taking an undefined hiatus. So I don't complain or point it out anymore. You shouldn't either.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch fairy boy. NOW WITH IMAGE FINALLY)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
User avatar
ian66613
---
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: discontinued

Postby nukers1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 am

Talon13 wrote:I mean I wish I'd known about this. Removing the download link is really a dick move.

As far as getting no responses a lot of people here might be a little jaded cause project on here tend to just vanish so people will wait a bit before getting invested ^^;

This, i wanted to play the game again and now i cant
nukers1
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bemmer60, caoman, Djinman, gjaamsesr, HungryNacho, Njux, SinowZoa, sologunfire1, SoLongLurk, TheFetishBeast, Xeon55, zenox81