Domain: Animation and art style changes (5/25/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Domain

Postby MiaNoms » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Tilalumtar wrote:I am actually seconding the suggestion of making saving accessible everywhere.

Also I have mixed feelings about those real-images-mix, where you edit those mouths in and stuff.
It's sorta freakin' me out. Does someone else think so?

Either way, if that's something you really can't or don't want to change, then go on with it.
I myself am enjoying the comedic parts of the game. They are quite something :3

I'll change the save system outside of Domains to save anywhere. Since this first Domain is pretty linear/short with only one event, the one save point should be ok. I'll have multiple save points in future Domains, as the one I'm working on right now is about 3x's the first one's size, and chapter two will have 2 Domains of that similar size. So expect about 6 save-points in the next chapter, followed by a "save anywhere" section.

You're also not the first to bring up the mouth thing. I thought it was cool lol, but it's an easy enough edit. Once this thread gets a bit more traction, I'll create a poll about changing it. I don't have any other monsters/characters/players ect that use that or that will (unless you count the breast animations,) so even if it stays, it'll only be on the one character.
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby nullstuff » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Love this so far! Seems like a fun plot line, gameplay is well paced, combat/befriending system is cool, all around a good time. I think this was mentioned above, but the only thing that kinda weirded me out was the RL picture/sprite combos. When you used just a RL image (Froge boob attacks) or just sprites (Froge vore) it was awesome, but something about the resolution change between sprites and pictures added a bit of an uncanny valley effect. I don’t want to focus too much on that though, because it honestly was a very small part of a game I overall enjoyed very much. Can’t wait for chapter two! (Especially seeing that AV is on the “possibly in the future” list!)
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby MiaNoms » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I like how you used the world "uncanny," Null. I actually created a sprite set for Mia early on in production while I was playing around with photoshop, and it came out so horrific I actually thought of putting this Frankenstein's monster in as a sort of "nightmare realm" monsters lol (this beast will never actually see the light of day :lol: )...seems pretty across the board on the mashup of the real mouth on the sprites, so I'll recreate those animations and upload a new version in the coming days. Those animations in particular will take a while since I need to not just animate a mouth(s), but also the characters within.

I ended up using a real mouth because I didn't want to steal anyone's artwork. We all know there's a ton of great artists when it comes to mouths out there, so if any want to volunteer a few of their pieces to allow me to sample from, I'd gladly add your name to the credits. It just doesn't seem right for me to pluck anything without permission though, which has made so much of this difficult. I'm not the best artist as is, and my tablet/laptop that I use to animate doesn't have a stylist/mouse, so I've been getting creative with what material I use and how I can effectively build/transform said material into worthwhile sprites/animations using just a touchpad and my fingers.

As far as the AV goes, I definitely am good with adding it, but none of the characters I'm building atm make use of it. For now, it's more likely going to be something requested via patreon. I'm working on my first character commission add on, and I'll reveal that character once it's finished. I don't want to spoil too much yet, especially since the commissioner hasn't gotten a peak yet!
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby Redpod » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 pm

the main character is prey or pred?
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby Archangel64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:50 am

Redpod wrote:the main character is prey or pred?

Prey
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DetonaTuto » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 am

I absolutely LOVED everything I've seen so far! The 4th wall breaks, the animations, the characters, the burps, EVERYTHING! :gulp: I can't wat to see more! :D I would support you on patreon if I could, but unfortunately I live in Brazil, which means I don't get pain in dollars. Plus, I don't have much money anyway :lol: Still, please keep up the awesome work! And don't worry about taking your time with this game either. I would much rather wait for a well-made thing than get access to a poorly made thing that could have used more time in the oven, if you know what I mean. (Looking at you Anthem!) Also, unbirth with absorption sounds like a great idea!

My point is: keep it up!
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

One possibility is that a few monsters could unbirth Molly and run, leading to the hero needing to solve a puzzle to corner said monster and get her back. Or even go in after her to provide the strength needed to escape, like fighting the cervix from within the womb/vagina.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Tilalumtar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 am

MiaNoms wrote:I'll change the save system outside of Domains to save anywhere. Since this first Domain is pretty linear/short with only one event, the one save point should be ok. I'll have multiple save points in future Domains, as the one I'm working on right now is about 3x's the first one's size, and chapter two will have 2 Domains of that similar size. So expect about 6 save-points in the next chapter, followed by a "save anywhere" section.

You're also not the first to bring up the mouth thing. I thought it was cool lol, but it's an easy enough edit. Once this thread gets a bit more traction, I'll create a poll about changing it. I don't have any other monsters/characters/players ect that use that or that will (unless you count the breast animations,) so even if it stays, it'll only be on the one character.

Yeah, I would actually suggest to only use pixle art, like the ones from "Demon Angel Sakura" (I think the stomach edits are from DAS, right?).

Still, thanks for your answer, I am looking forward to the updates. Loving where the game is going so far :3
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby MiaNoms » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Redpod wrote:the main character is prey or pred?

Prey atm, but future chapters will feature control of different characters, at least two of which I plan on giving pred abilities.

DetonaTuto wrote:Also, unbirth with absorption sounds like a great idea!

My point is: keep it up!

Thank you! I'm currently working on an unbirth character that will feature absorption. I expect the sprite set(s) and animations to take a few days. I can usually put 2-3 hours of work into this a day, so that's just an estimate.

sizehunter wrote:One possibility is that a few monsters could unbirth Molly and run, leading to the hero needing to solve a puzzle to corner said monster and get her back. Or even go in after her to provide the strength needed to escape, like fighting the cervix from within the womb/vagina.

That's going to be an occasional dynamic, though I don't expect it to come into play anytime soon.

Tilalumtar wrote:
Yeah, I would actually suggest to only use pixle art, like the ones from "Demon Angel Sakura" (I think the stomach edits are from DAS, right?).

Still, thanks for your answer, I am looking forward to the updates. Loving where the game is going so far :3

The stomach edits sorta came from a game called fromage. I say "sorta" because I didn't exactly rip them straight from the game, but heavily referenced/studied them. It's hard to rip things directly from another persons work for multiple reasons (mostly pride for myself lol...,) but also because most assets like that are not made publicly available, and to combined them with assets from Domain would take far more work than my current method. It's probably slower to start, but makes longer animations quicker to pull-off.
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Way too much text with no option to skip it. This is especially irritating considering the game encourages the player to repeat their actions.
I'd also like to suggest a submit command, or other way to skip right to being defeated in battle. It takes too long to get to the vore.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby tigercloud » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:42 pm

You can't win that fight. It's purely to give Rex false hope. If you listen to the dialog after Mia swallows Molly, she pretty much flat out states that the whole "tutorial" was just her messing with you and eating Molly. The only way past Mia is to escape her during the chase scene. As for the saving thing, I can probably change it to save anywhere outside of Domains if enough people complain. I'm old school and like save points, myself.

I have the Problem, when you run away (The way you just came), which isnt that hard, the Barriers are closed again. I tried it several times but it seems, its not possible to go away.

Overall I think a Skip-Dialogue button would be cool, since when its much try & error as here, the Dialoge is just the first time interesting but after reading the same dialog 3 times it gets a bit in the way of try to go further =)

I'm not much into RPGMV, but I think you could restart the player at some place when they "lose the game" instead of get you back to the title. For the failed Encounter a Variable could set to true, which skips all dialogue for this encounter, which would avoid all the pre-read dialogue~ So people would see the Dialogue only the first time

Just an idea how to solve it, can't tell if you could even add a "skip dialogue button" to RPGMV, but I guess I never saw such thing in RPGMV.
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby therusted » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:53 pm

i like your game

any plans for adding full tour?
therusted
Somewhat familiar

Postby MiaNoms » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Way too much text with no option to skip it. This is especially irritating considering the game encourages the player to repeat their actions.
I'd also like to suggest a submit command, or other way to skip right to being defeated in battle. It takes too long to get to the vore.

This is a story as much as it is a game, so there's going to be a lot being said. I skipped a submit option, because I find the fun in the battles being the prolonged struggle and animations of the characters being eaten. I can add a submit option easy enough though for people who don't actually want to play I guess lol. I'm also working on just making webm's/gifs of the vore for people like that. Also, once you beat a chapter, you get access to the gallery which is completely textless. I could add textless battles to the gallery as well pretty easily.

tigercloud wrote:
I have the Problem, when you run away (The way you just came), which isnt that hard, the Barriers are closed again. I tried it several times but it seems, its not possible to go away.

Overall I think a Skip-Dialogue button would be cool, since when its much try & error as here, the Dialoge is just the first time interesting but after reading the same dialog 3 times it gets a bit in the way of try to go further =)

I'm not much into RPGMV, but I think you could restart the player at some place when they "lose the game" instead of get you back to the title. For the failed Encounter a Variable could set to true, which skips all dialogue for this encounter, which would avoid all the pre-read dialogue~ So people would see the Dialogue only the first time

Just an idea how to solve it, can't tell if you could even add a "skip dialogue button" to RPGMV, but I guess I never saw such thing in RPGMV.

The barriers come back up if you solved the puzzle incorrectly. It makes it seem like the answer works no matter what you do, but it's a trap designed to catch people who aren't paying attention. Switch which puzzle piece goes in each spot and they won't come back.

Once you're out of a Domain, you regen upon death instead of a game over. The idea behind a Domain is that death within is "real," while death outside is not. Also I'm not interested in adding a skip dialog button, because as I mentioned above, this is a story as much as it is a game, and it takes away a lot of the hard work I put in. I can definitely make work arounds for the battles to make the vore faster though for people who just want to skip. Also, if you skip all optional dialog, you can finish the entire game in 5 mins or less, so I give a lot of opportunities for people who don't want to read to power through already as is, considering engaging with all the game has to offer extends the first chapters length to closer to 45 mins.

therusted wrote:i like your game

any plans for adding full tour?

Sort of. I do have plans in the distant future to have an interactive internal "dungeon" that will take you through virtually the entirety of a certain monster girl, with the goal of making it all the way back out the way you came in.
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tilalumtar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:46 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Way too much text with no option to skip it. This is especially irritating considering the game encourages the player to repeat their actions.

tigercloud wrote: I have the Problem, when you run away (The way you just came), which isnt that hard, the Barriers are closed again. I tried it several times but it seems, its not possible to go away.

Though I think the "skip dialogue button" won't be that necessary once you can save whenever you want to.
I agree with the "too long to get to vore" argument, though also that would be done with a "Give up" Skill, damaging your own party enough to just skip to such scenes.

Wouldn't really want the game to be less story telling as I enjoy it very much and to be too forward by just throwing vore to people anytime it can.
So just implementing those two (for either player optional) options would fix it, don't you think so, too? :3

(Just brabbling about my ideas)
Last edited by Tilalumtar on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Tilalumtar wrote:
Though I think the "skip dialogue button" won't be that necessary once you can save where you want to.
I agree with the "too long to get to vore" argument, though also that would be done with a "Give up" Skill, damaging your own party enough to just skip to such scenes.

Wouldn't really want the game to be less story telling as I enjoy it very much and to be too forward by just throwing vore to people anytime it can.
So just implementing those two (for either player optional) options would fix it, don't you think so, too? :3

(Just brabbling about my ideas)

I don't think the dialogue should skipped anyway, but after reading the same dialogue 3 or more times it start get a bit annoying^^ I don't talk about to get to the Vore-Scene, I just talk about when you try the same boss/enemy multiple time the dialogue until you can try the enemy again gets a bit exhausting, since I already know it

I know many games with a "Give-Up" skill and always found that strange, why should someone give up a fight when they fighting for living or dead? I think a "give-up" skill is not needed, if you want to lose, there are enough ways to do it. But it could unlock the H-Scene* in some kind of Bestiary, where you can watch already seen H-Scenes* again~ (Like in Monster-Girl-Quest)

*H-Scene = Vore-Scene or any losing Scene/s per enemy
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby scottypilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:26 pm

There's already a gallery with scenes without the dialogue. You have to click on the save crystal, cancel the save and then check out the gallery.
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:45 pm

A 'give up' or 'submit' skill would be nice simply because it takes forever to lose a battle on purpose, and in a vore game, losing is a big part of the appeal.
Saving anywhere would make most of the dialogue, wordy though it is, no longer a problem, yes.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby MiaNoms » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:41 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:There's already a gallery with scenes without the dialogue. You have to click on the save crystal, cancel the save and then check out the gallery.

This is something I feel like people are somehow missing. As long as you've seen the "End: Chapter 1" screen/scene, you should be able to select to enter the gallery to review any animation you want. After thinking on a full-on "submit" option, due to the unique battle system, there's a chance this could cause crashes/bugs, since it would skip over cues/switches. It would be possible to add the option to lower your HP to 50% which causes the enemy to target Molly without causing any issues (I think,) but a full on "skip-dialog" option is just way too much to be able to implement during a normal battle for a few reasons, the biggest of which is that one of the main ways to "defeat" your enemies is through, well, dialog and Rex's "Talk" ability and not actually fighting! As I said earlier, probably the best options I could add without causing a massive bug-storm would be to add textless battles to the gallery, and add an item/skill that lowers HP to half. I'd likely have to make the skill only appear on the first turn though, because if Rex's HP gets too low, it triggers a weakened state, and that state shares the same animation as him being eaten.

It is worth noting that the only enemy that is planned to take a long time to drain Rex's HP is Froge. I feel like people have skipped over the parts where Mia explains that Froge is pathetically weak, and the only way to actually lose would be "on purpose." Enemies in future Domains will all act as boss monsters, and you'll likely find you're getting vore scenes whether you try to or not!

Lastly, when I release an update (which probably won't be for another week or so) I will change the save option to save anywhere unless it's within a Domain. While getting recaught by Mia could be annoying I suppose, there's actually something like 5 or 6 endings after that point, all with unique dialog/animations, so it's pretty difficult to get the same exact dialog unless your spamming X. Also, future Domains will have multiple save points, but not save anywhere, because the choices you make within a Domain will effect not only that current chapter, but branch you off into other Domains/endings to the entire game. Depending on how you play, you will see different monsters, get different party members, visit different areas, ect that someone else playing the exact same game a little differently wouldn't see. There will likely be at least 6 different endings to this when everything is said and done.
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby maxreboo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 pm

I can't get out from the first scene. How to open the two doors? They are missing pieces, but I can't find them. Is there a special key or somethin?
maxreboo
New to the forum

Postby MiaNoms » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 pm

maxreboo wrote:I can't get out from the first scene. How to open the two doors? They are missing pieces, but I can't find them. Is there a special key or somethin?

You need to pick up the two slabs. Here are a couple of pics with their locations circled. Beware: putting them in the wrong locations will activate a trap...
Attachments
hint.png
hint2.png
MiaNoms
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game