The Howling (Twine) V00014B (31Dec2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00007 - Chapter 1 Complete

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Alternate source, you will have to download it and then open it for it to display properly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB9Rxh ... sp=sharing
Last edited by ouphe on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Persona59523 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:36 pm

Worked
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:51 pm

I give up.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Draupnir7 wrote:I give up.

From the research I've been doing on the save issue, it's storage based, which in turn is affected by the variables.
I'm going to be testing a few alternate ways of storing the variables so that it uses less storage and doesn't create issues for your saving.
You will have to give me a little bit to make sure my circumvention doesn't jack up anything else since it's going to rearrange core pieces.
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Ok, workaround for the Save Failed issue I've found.
If you're using Chrome: When you have The Howling open, hit F12 (Developer Tools), then click the Application tab, Local Storage, open it up and click file://. Your saves are listed there. If you right click and delete, then you can re-save. I've tried a few other tactics, one of which ended very poorly for every login I had saved in chrome >_<

I ran back and forth to build up data until I started to hit the save fail issue, and then that tactic seemed to work for allowing me to save again.

Please tell me if that works.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:52 am

I figured out my issue with lair resting, apparently it was just a display bug. Clicking "rest" in the lair does not update the HP display in the status bar on the left, but when I get into a fight, HP is full again.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines for the HP. The sidebar loads before the actual page does in terms of sequence, which is part of why I removed it from the Combat and Shop displays and have the combat status block and available gold respectively, because those stay real-time. Since rest is an in-page display, it won't update the sidebar until the next actual page load (moving away from your nap spot, interacting with an NPC, etc...).
I might be able to play with it a little to find a better display style so the sidebar stays real-time.
ouphe
Participator

Postby coldwar368 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 pm

So I have been playing and enjoying the game. I have ran into the save issue that was mentioned. From what I can tell it seems to happen after leveling up to 2. Once that happened I tried the chrome trick and it works partially. save 1 works but save 2 and 3 are no longer used. however after some point (Still working to figure out the point) save 1 also fails. That is really all i have found so far
coldwar368
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00008 - New Save System!

Postby ouphe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 am

NEW SAVE SYSTEM!
I got that little bastard fixed!
New system uses your copy/paste and leaves it up to you to maintain the save. Use a notepad or word document.
Yes, this does mean you can screw around with the information and mess up your save, but be warned that there is a check hidden in there to prevent that, so some information not matching will error out the load system.
This also means that people can share saves if they want to!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c19rjips ... .html/file

~~~V 00008
New Save System!!!!!!!!!
Bounty Hunters now require 250 notoriety to have a chance of encounter. The encounter table for them is also nicer, and the first tier, Hunters, have been weakened. The higher tiers are still brutal jackasses right now, until I get some solid update on that.
A few minor bug fixes
ouphe
Participator

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Need to share this in a google doc again
Persona59523
Participator

Postby ouphe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 pm

ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:42 am

If you click "Load game" and then "Cancel" the game says "Load successful" followed by "You are in your lair. It is 0." It probably shouldn't do that.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:58 am

I enjoyed this. Glad to have a save system. Memories are interesting. Wish more could be done with your lair and the people you start to collect :)

Will there be a way to end combat eventually that doesn't always result in the death of you or your target?

The Elven queen can be encountered multiple times, and I think you get a quest completion every time you turn it into encampment
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby ouphe » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Revx_Z: That's a quick fix, just means I need to change the check it does to prevent rampant save editing.

Zomulgustar: Thank you, I'll fix the queen so she is only available for one turn-in total. Regarding combat, I currently have it flagged so it gets classed as monster defeated, not killed, so that I can set up some future plans with needing to beat something in combat and then you can do whatever post-combat with the opponent, but right now every NPC you fight is flagged for combat being fatal. For the lair girls, there is some plot plans in the later chapters depending on what is happening with them, as well as other thoughts I have. For now they are only functioning as the consensual and non-consensual playthings, though there are some other variables that it should already be tracking on both Emma and Tanya (or whatever you renamed them). Morgana will also be one that we start to build up more relationship with, should you choose that path.
If you would like to share your thoughts regarding the combat question, or regarding the lair folks, then I will quite happily respond as well as see what I can do to add some of the suggestions depending on what they are.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Persona59523 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Any chance to eat people then throw them up at your lair, cause I have eaten all three snacks and can't do anything except carry them around.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Thadius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:59 pm

If you buy the tavern girl, save, and reload, she vanishes from your lair, even when collared. She probably shouldn't be doing that.
Thadius
New to the forum

Postby ouphe » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:40 am

@ Persona, I haven't put in anything about regurgitation yet, but I can see about something like that. Might cause a bit of trauma for the poor girls though.

@ Thadius, thank you. I'll see what's going on there.

@Everyone, I'm working on a bunch of things, since chapter 1 is stable(ish) I'm wanting to have a lot more stuff available when I post V00009, like some of the chapter 2 content areas completed, a few more quests, etc... in addition to the bug fixes you all have been awesome and found for me. In case it hasn't come across, thank you all immensely for your help in making this a fun, awesome game :)
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 am

> Are you for sale?-- I'd like a drink-- I'm hungry-- I need a quest
In the tavern there's these four options but they all seem to lead to the same dialogue screen of "How much for you?"
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 am

Yes, unfortunately Tavern is fairly incomplete right now.
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gjcgd20k ... .html/file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LdmsZ9 ... sp=sharing

~~~V 00009
Bug Fixes: Load error fixed. Elf Quest repeating fixed. Tanya (Tavern Girl) vanishing fixed.
Quest updates: You can now finish the sheep quest by finding some culprits in the cave.
Attackable NPCs at the Watch Tower
Tavern has increased/changed content
Cave has increased content
Some more memory scraps...
ouphe
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game