Unbridled Hedonism V8D

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Unbridled Hedonism V8D

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 am

So, for those who don't know me, I'm Aurilika, and I've been working on Vore War for more than a year at this point. https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=53707 Here's my newest game, Unbridled Hedonism. It's a game with AI driven characters on a map with no particular goal other than pleasure. The name is a reference to the default scenario, where characters indulge in pleasures (sex or vore) as they wish. You can make adjustments to enable or disable sex or vore as desired. It's loosely like the sims, where you are controlling a single character and any character you're not controlling is controlled by the ai. There's a variety of sexual and vore content, and interaction text is customizable.

The game will continue to get content and features added, and improve the AI. Player input will also help decide on the direction the development heads.

The list of longer term goals:
Spoiler: show
More Variety / Detail in Vore / Sex scenes (including option for pleasuring prey)
Improved AI
Anthros/Creatures
Improving UI
More interactions
Modding
Graphics - I want to add this, but it limits options. For example, any new race added would need its own graphics, and I'm not a good artist. I could import graphics from vore war, but that also limits options, as races would be restricted to ones that already exist, and limit hair colors, hair styles, etc.
Alternate maps (One interesting one that was suggested is an rpg town, where adventurers and monsters in a dungeon are generated periodically)

Recent Changelog

Spoiler: show
V8D:
Added a PrefersAction trait, that greatly reduces the character's want to be endoed, and moderately increases the want to be digested.
Tweaked the Vore Digestion Interest stat to have more effect. Really low levels will be lower, mid-range levels will be about the same, and maxed out values will be significantly more interested.
Fix for the PersistantBeggar trait missing part of it's information, so it would cause exceptions when hovered over.

V8C:
Added a PersistentBeggar trait that enables the persistent begging towards a player from before V8B. This trait is actually disabled by default as people are likely to be frustrated by it (but it was requested)
Added a slider to affect how effective the attempting to free prey action is. Note that prey that haven't been fully consumed are significantly easier to free.
The repeat last action command can also repeat skipping a turn (the wait button).
Fixed an exception if you tried to open the template editor on an old savegame. Again.
Fixed an exception caused by trying to load from templates mid-game if you hadn't entered the start game screen that session.
Fixed a bug where the logic for looking for a sex partner would ignore sexual orientation or cheating levels, though it was very rare under normal circumstances because the romantic relationship had to be high enough.
Fixed a bug where template characters added were using the wrong predator odds slider (the one on the start screen, instead of the one for the template)
Fixed an issue with the charmer trait where it was reversed for some interactions.
Fixed a newly introduced bug where you could hit two directions at the same time and go faster.
Fixed an error in the map editor where undoing the placing of dorm rooms would look like it got rid of them but they'd still be saved with the map.
Fixed a couple of UI text typos
The tile effect for sex happening in a tile has been replaced by a better quality graphic, supplied by Flame Valxsarion
Fixed being able to repeat the waiting action after being permanently digested.
Fixed a bug where low sex drive wasn't slowly decreasing horniness over time
Greatly lowering the average arrival time will now lower the current arrival time if it's greater than what's possible. I.e. If you lower it from 100 turns on average to 10 when there's 75 turns remaining, it will re-randomize it to be near 10, instead of waiting 75 more turns for the next pop before switching to ~10.
(Updated Auri to properly specify her new stats instead of randomizing them - She was also being hit by that 'Fixed a bug where saved characters weren't recording their version properly' bug in 8A)

V8B:
Fix for the tooltips not showing up in the gender editing screen.
Changed the logic for failed begs and spares where having the odds of 0 wouldn't count as a beg, which was intended so you can't waste your chances, but the flip side was an AI would ask repeatedly for a character with 'unyielding' or that was an endo dominator and it wouldn't lower their odds since it wasn't 'counted'. That should fix excess begs. I could've gone for a more complicated hybrid solution, but this keeps it simpler, and players should know not to try something with 0% odds.
Fixed a bug where letting the AI decide when asked about willing/unwilling would advance a turn and bring up the same prompt.
Fixed a bug that could cause strength to rise or drop sharply after a digestion when flexible stats was on. (It would move based on the voracity stat, instead of using the strength stat)
Fixed a bug where you could use the key commands to move even while being eaten or during sex.
Fixed a bug where the compliment appearance interaction would cause relationship levels to fluctuate wildly, due to a bug.
Starting sex will no longer let you repeat an action that's not sex related (which would usually end up ending sex)
Changed the Talk/tease/taunt prey options so that they also work if the actor is eaten. This was requested, and I think it doesn't add any text weirdness. Actually there were even a few interactions already made for it that couldn't possibly occur.
Fixed the odds to free being totally messed up and usually being 0, due to a bug.
Fixed that viewing the info for a prey you had finished swallowing would display some information twice.
The offer self interactions will now properly show their odds when displayed during sex.
If the mouse cursor is over a scrollbar in the main view when you start dragging, it will only drag the scrollbar and not the game world. Also the world should no longer drag when the menu is up. I experimented with not dragging when over any ui element, but that felt restrictive to me, but I could put that as an option if people want it.
Fix for preywait text not matching the mood properly.
Fix for the digestion log sometimes not tracking betrayals properly.
Prey digestion willingness now uses a proper set of descriptive words, instead of the pred loyalty's set.
Fixed a bug where it didn't actually increment turns properly so the prey willing ask to be let out or ask prey to be digested wouldn't trigger.

V8A:
Fixed an issue where if you started having sex with someone who was performing some sort of self action (showering, masturbating), they would still think they're doing that as well, and would sometimes prioritize that over sex.
Fixed some exceptions related to having characters that were eaten from before version 8 not having the expected information for the updated digestion log. (only happened for characters that were already prey). Any characters like that will now no longer throw exceptions, but the extra information for them will be somewhat inaccurate. Considering no new characters will be created with this condition, it will sort itself out soon enough.
Updated the logic a bit for prey being freed. Freeing a prey will now try to free the person currently being consumed for that location first before trying to free anyone inside. Also, it used to be that if a prey was freed, the current consume action was automatically canceled. Now, if the unit being freed is coming out of the same location, both prey will be freed, otherwise, a prey being freed won't interrupt the current consuming action. This applies to most sources of being freed (prey escaping, or another person freeing the prey. Manually releasing prey will still also cancel any consumption, because that's considered doing an unrelated action.)
Hopefully fixed a crash related to the digestion log screen.
Fixed the repeat key not allowing repeating the prey wait command while dead.
Fixed some excess text if you used the repeat key to repeat a sex action, also fixed it being usable to do actions the current position didn't allow.
Fixed an issue where if you started a new game the continue action panel would still be up from your previous game, including partially locking your movement for one turn if you were being eaten.
Fixed an exception related to trying to change the race of an old character.
Fixed an exception if you tried to open the template editor on an old savegame.
Fixed an issue where the variable editor would remain in two column mode after viewing a template personality, which would create a graphical mess.
Fix for the randomized/non randomized being reversed. Also new template personalities default to having everything randomized instead of nothing. (I'm assuming it's more likely that people want to lock a few things, instead of locking most things. )
Fix for the on-screen template in the start character screen not enabling the custom personality button when it should.
Fixed a bug where saved characters weren't recording their version properly, causing them to think they needed to be ported between versions which changed/reset certain bits of their data. (You'll need to load them, fix them and save them to have them properly saved. - The relevant bits of data that it was resetting are the 4 vore interests, extroversion, quirks and traits, and prey digestion interest)
Fixed a typo that left a reference to the balls in a stomach related line, and some other minor text issues.
Fix for the testing world button being visible in the release version (I had turned it on when I was adjusting the layout and didn't turn it back off)
Fixed an unused variable that was mislabeled, and showed up as a second 'anal vore interest' in character's personalities.

V8:
New Content / Features:
Added a system for character templates. It allows you to create several templates in the style of that slot in the bottom left corner of the start game screen and then assign them weights and use them on that screen or mid-game. For example you could have a 50% chance of spawning a lesbian female, a 40% chance of spawning a random male that's willing prey, and a 10% chance of spawning a random vore expert. Each game carries a copy of the templates, since they're relatively compact, and that allows different games to use different sets.
Added a 'Prey Digestion Willingness' stat to better control character's personalities. It basically operates as a straight reduction in how much a character wants to be digested, controlling how likely they are to ask for it, or how likely they are to agree with it.
Added Digestion Bias, and Endo Bias to the game settings. They both default to one, and affect how likely predators are to want that respective thing. Affects the odds relative to each other, as well as the total amount of it. I.e. if Digestion bias is 1.5, the odds would increase 50% from the predator's side (So, the likelyhood they would choose to do it, or the likelyhood they would agree if the prey asks, but doesn't change how much prey want it (at least for now)).
Added a couple of options to highlight tiles that sex or disposal are happening on, similar to how the highlight vore tiles thing worked, with a user replaceable graphic.
Can now change a character's race with the character editor, allowing you to change races mid-game or on generated characters. When you change races you can have it just randomize the race specific values (like tail color), or completely randomize the appearance of that character. This also allows you to re-randomize the appearance of a character without changing the race if desired.
Added a miscellaneous info page to characters that's going to be used for some miscellaneous things that don't really have an in-game effect. The first thing there is a requested variable showing how many turns the character has been in the game. There's also the total weight gain and total weight loss, only displayed if there is any. Also the total number of incoming / outgoing swallows for all of the vore types, and the total digestions.
Added a key that will either keep doing your current streaming action (like talking or exercising), or will repeat the action you performed last turn if you're not. Basically a convienience to easily do the same action again even if the list of actions shifts around, or even lets you look around before hitting it to repeat the same action with the person you're interacting with without reselecting them.
Slowed down the default healing rate, and added a fast healing rate quirk.
Added ResilientBody and EasyToDigest Quirks, that make prey digest slower or faster than normal. Also added the preyPheromones quirk that makes others more likely to eat them. (I thought maybe I'd do tasty and they'd remember what the person tastes like to pick on them again, but that brought up questions about the other vore types, so opted for something simpler.)
Rolled in a few mods from NightStormWolf
Can now specify traits that will always be assigned to a race when creating a race, that don't count against the slots for a particular person. I.e. you can make all female demi-foxes charmers.
An update for the digestion log that allows it to display a lot more info, though all of it is optional.
Support for some more text options, such as putting a ! before one of the interactions to capitalize it (such as [!ActorHis])
The ability for interactions to check the vore type between the actor and the target
Conditionals for indentifying the other types of rooms.
Added support for a EatenHealthy portrait, for prey above 50% health. For use if you want to have a progression image between healthy and dead.
Added [ActorOfferedSelf] and [TargetOfferedSelf] to the list of conditionals, allowing interactions to use that data to determine if the prey was the one that initiated the vore.
Added an option to enable 'player vision' that only shows you people on tiles your character can see, and doesn't let you target anyone outside of vision range or provide any way of knowing their location.
Can now shift-right click on a destination to automatically move each turn until you arrive at your destination. Note that this can be hazardous to your health.
Can now set the theoretical caps for weight gain and height gain. They've always existed but were hard coded for 800 lbs and 96 inches. Growth slows down as it approaches this value and doesn't exceed it. I.e. a 300 lb person with the limit set to 800 would only gain (500/800) 67.5% of the weight they could gain.
The move towards interaction used by a player now has a bit more logic, if you move towards someone and they end up moving towards your previous square, it will move to back to that square so that you're in the same square, effectively cancelling your move. Though you could still be interacted with in the other square for part of your turn before the person your following's turn starts.
Can now claim empty/abandoned Dorm rooms when inside them, which gives up your former room. A better system will probably come at some point.

Changes / Bug fixes:
Changed the portrait order so Full is above Horny - If you want the old way back as an option, let me know, but I have a feeling that most people would prefer it this way.
Reworked the way turns worked slightly behind the scenes. This should fix the issue where sometimes while skipping it would skip past the player turn and very rarely lead to a stack overflow.
Fixed a bug where you could partially reclothe and then continuing showering if you were showing before reclothing.
Cleaned up some text issues where prey in the balls would sometimes use text that referred to them as being in a belly.
Fixed a bug where if you had set the prey willingness threshold to 1, choosing to be willing prey as the player wouldn't actually make you willing.
Health now regenerates whenever you're not being digested, instead of only when you were not inside of someone. (So endoed characters will gradually recover if damaged)
Beg now works the same way as convince to spare, where the AI will only ask the player once per vore to avoid being annoying. (The odds fell each time they asked, but it could still feel kind of streaky if they asked 3 times in the first 10 turns)
Characters who are fully willing (above the willing threshold) should now no longer trigger the unexpected digestion dialogue under any circumstances. Eating prey inside of prey could sometimes get that slightly confused.
If a character is permanently digested while the focus of observer mode, or if the player character is digested, it will automatically attach the 'vision' to them, instead of just switching to having no focus. (So you'll see events based on them instead of seeing no events.)
Improved the logic for vision due to some issues that having the vision visible revealed (which affects what interactions you can see)
Introverted characters are now more likely to choose their room as a random destination, instead of wandering around outside.
Fixed a bug that caused predators to alternate turning digestion on and off for a prey they really didn't want to digest, instead of stopping it and not starting it again. Knowing that they have the prey's permission, they are more likely to turn it back on if they get to that point, but it should no longer change wildly on a turn to turn basis.
Fixed some issues with hunting for prey that would diminish their effectiveness. (After locking on to a target, they wouldn't necessarily move towards them in the first turn, and also wouldn't eat them even if they were in the same square already, but behaved as they should for any turn after that)
Preds can now ask for digestion during sex in a more logical way (I.e. it's more likely to happen because it isn't behind blockers it shouldn't be (like requiring them to want to endo the person to ask to digest them))
Fixed up some dialogue where unwilling endo lines from the predator's side usually assumed the prey was willing. Now the happy type lines are gated behind being willing, and the matter of fact lines will be used for unwilling endo prey. For example "[TargetName] smiles happily, enjoying the sensations of being within [ActorName]'s warm belly". would no longer occur during unwilling, but "[TargetName] is still in good health, [ActorName] has no intent to digest them." would.
Fixed a bug where if you died as the controlled character and then switched characters with reformation disabled, it wouldn't properly get rid of your character, causing them to linger on in relations and wouldn't stop someone from dating that character.
Opening the modify character screen now defaults to having the player controlled character selected, if one exists.
Improved the logic on the variable editor a bit. If there's a value that's far outside of bounds on a slider, the slider bounds will temporary change to include to that variable, instead of moving it to the closest variable in bounds. I.e. if you open it on someone who hasn't showered in thousands of turns, opening the variable editor wouldn't force that back to only -1 Cleanliness. (So it keeps the slider in a reasonable range normally, but also avoids changing the data on its own)
Fixed a bug where one way friendship increases (such as being complimented) weren't scaled by the game's friendship multiplier.
Upgraded the portrait system so it will only load all of the portraits for a character the first time it tries to draw one for that character. (So basically the images for a character will only be loaded if they're in the game). This removes slow loading times if you have a huge batch of images, and also avoids loading ones that it doesn't need. Right now it doesn't bother trying to unload images for simplicity, but that can be added later on if people run into that as an issue.
The stomach growl interaction can no longer trigger on a dead character.
Corrected the team logic to match the way it should be: It prevents digestion, but not endosoma. Also fixed some logic errors in the 'Predator Tier Also Restricts Endo' option that caused it to not behave in the correct way when using endo.
Added a little bit of logic so that the variable editor (modify character) recognizes Height/Weight and converts to metric if that's enabled.
When someone tries to forcefully vore you, it now uses the standard 3 way dialog box with the third option for ai decide, to unify it with the rest of the interactions.
Should have hopefully fixed the final bugs that enabled character states to sometimes persist when they shouldn't. (i.e. a permanently digested character that was re-added to the game). It should also attempt to purify saved and named characters from previous versions, stripping out any bits of data that were mistakenly saved with it (like relationships, etc, most of these wouldn't have an in-game effect but are just wasted space, but some would have negative effects on the game.)
When someone tries to eat you it now displays the vore type. If you have the debug option for showing intentions on it will also display whether they intend to digest you or not.
It's now possible for players and AI to eat characters that are digestion immune, but AI will figure out they're immune, spit them out and not try to eat them again, at least not with the intent to digest.
Fixed a bug where Endo dominators set to hold forever would also ignore begs from prey being digested, instead of just endo prey.
Added a button to reset to the base default options for settings or trait weights, instead of your saved defaults (like you'd opened the game for the first time).
Added an option for characters to be placed in a random dorm room, instead of the next one internally.
Fixed a bug where saved characters sometimes didn't cross versions correctly.
Fixed a bug where a high sex drive was no longer increasing horniness due to a typo on a fix from 7A.
Fixed a few small miscellanous bugs I'm just going to lump together into one entry.

UHV4.jpg

I decided to do this project after seeing the wish for sims vore mods (though this approaches it from a different angle because I'd rather work with the freedom you don't get when doing a mod, plus you get the nuance of text rather than a simple animation). There didn't seem to be any freeform vore games that I could find that actually tried to simulate other characters, instead of having all of the content just be a scripted interaction when the units met. The other influence is arena based games, like Nightgames, or Pandemonium. Part of this game is based on an old private project I was working on before picking up development of Vore War, called Society. That ran into issues with graphics and UI that I'm able to work through now that I know my way around Unity. Speaking of, unity is probably not the best choice for this project, but I'm sticking with what I know.

Download links (Updated February 26th, 2021)
All versions should be save compatible, if they aren't it's an issue that I'll be fixing. Due to continued issues with Mediafire, files are now hosted on Mega. Let me know if alternate sources are needed.
Win 32 bit - https://mega.nz/file/kWwzxADb#x9rqZb0-7D5nPSAKWBJr8DLd0MlvSNLmpeHtdzMnfj4
Win 64 bit - https://mega.nz/file/gKhDmaJC#SxU2haEvnsfQoTZETyNHOUgZuUmGvZcPTh1RzJ3Sh0E
Mac 64 bit - https://mega.nz/file/YW4Dma7Y#FOS5O76swGZnLmGagbDtHBdFyIPB7Aw3p-5ku9KjWRE
Linux 64 bit - https://mega.nz/file/1WwjQaRb#jHtxeMoHCMVHEsdWStbDZATsbvqBiMAYyzKuEQc_-xs

The source code is also available if you want to check it out. https://mega.nz/file/xK5RCSQI#d7v4ztdjwXRXTUSm9O3aU5MTGmCaUUvwDyKbJgL7jLQ

Discord Link - https://discord.gg/fgsrCnW

I now have a patreon, though it's fairly basic to increase the cut I get from it, and because I'm not sure if I have anything of value to offer for this game, yet. Later on as the game gets more developed I may have some sort of tier benefits, but right now the focus is just on general improvements. https://www.patreon.com/Aurilika
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V1

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:57 am

Ok, do I can definitely say that I'm very interested in this game. I can see this being something of a really great vore world simulator. So I'm all for it.

I'll start with what I like. The game is pretty open ended, you can roleplay how you want. I like the customization of each character. What you have so far is really good.

As much as I've played, I haven't had the AI just randomly eat people. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I think it'd be cool to just be going around and someone has a full belly of prey.

I definitely think graphics will be a good addition. I'd personally say just use vore war graphics for now, or keep it to just a few species to start.

This is definitely a good start. The UI is a little confusing, but I assume you have lots of plans going forward. I like it a lot so far.
Datstrudel
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 am

Well Hel-LO!
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
Turbotowns
---

Postby Anesthetic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 am

OK. So currently I think this game should be titled:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IN-TRO-DUCTIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously if you have the number of characters maxed out the first bit of the game is just a MASSIVE chunck of introductions. It is also HARD as hell to follow individual characters.

If i might suggest, Include the Alphabet as sprites, then have each of the characters get assigned the first letter of their name as their sprite, so you can keep track of where they've gone.
Last edited by Anesthetic on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VLover552 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:18 am

dang if only it was not no nut November I would love to check out this game as it seems really cool lol
VLover552
Somewhat familiar

Postby Katar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 am

I really love the concept. However I would suggest focusing on one thing at the moment in terms of content. I know everyone and their cousin are going to want to have their own special race added to the game but I think focusing in would help fantastically.

I would suggest focusing in on this university setting for the moment [The mechanics don't have to be only useful for that, but in terms of initial plans most things would be geared around that idea.] I would suggest limiting the races to literally just human. Everything worried or cared about for the first few updates is ONLY for that setting. It simplifies graphics especially in terms of variety. The university setting would also allow you to only have 1 base uniform and undergarments with coloring options and maybe a few additions like ties/whatever. Hair styles, facial expressions, etcetera all focused on ONLY that human aspect.

The university setting could be fleshed out more with mechanics that could be used in future updates. I.E. Teachers = A way to shift your sliders. Faculty = Various Shops. Parents = resource nodes.

A mechanic I think may prove neat would be to have two different types of NPCs. The first being these custom made ones [Stronger, more interactions, more influential to the world, more experience on eating them, etc.] and filler [Just random NPCs that wander around that have simple interactions and serve as EXP farms or drains on the world for things you want like maybe they drain shops of items. Having it so that NPCs require to visit these locations and socialize to gain their desires / needs with interactions with primary NPCs providing more bonus but maybe have it limited somehow?

The university setting should be kinda Hogwarts esque in the idea that it may be separated by different "factions" and all the characters you make are part of your faction. This would be symbolized by different color gradients graphically and eventually maybe mechanically. [I.E. RED GROUP = Player group. This could be used as the school faction to an adventuring guild to even just your immediate family. While BLUE GROUP = Prey students / monsters / adventurers.]

Two immediate suggestions I would like to see is a simple graphical representation like literally a larger circle with a color representing either gender or faction or friendship level [Maybe their colors would all be random at first but they would start to shift color towards their own friend groups making cliques. Player color would stay the same]. Also I'd like it if two units couldn't occupy the same space. So maybe hallways would be 2 spaces wide and rooms would be like 6x4.

But overall this is very nice and has a good initial framework for future things to be built. Initial focus is a good idea along with simple graphics to represent the states of characters.
Katar
Been posting for a bit

Postby RakeVuri » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 am

This is fun to mess around with so far. If you're thinking about non fatal vore, I'd recommend tying it into the flirting or sex system somehow. Push someone between your legs as a part of playing with them, and if vore's accepted or folks have a high friendship with you, they might not panic seeing you walking around with someone inside you.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby komaru » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:53 am

Looks great for a start, you have my interest!
komaru
???

Postby thespyfurry69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:43 am

I like this , especially the option for disposal ,not many v games have that
thespyfurry69
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brezzerk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:38 pm

I like this the concept so much, the are sometimes that I'd like to suggest, I think that be cool if the intentions be hide or be an option... also when someone is vore could have some options, like struggle, scream as well submit or beg, it could be affected by friendship or charisma... maybe an option to add more npc after someone vanish.
Anyway I like the game so much, sorry for bad english
Brezzerk
New to the forum

Postby Randulf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:55 pm

I like the open ended approach, adds a lot of degree of freedom
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alesleo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:22 pm

I really like this. As others said, it's a great tool for roleplaying. I second the option to hide intentions so you have to ask yourself if they want to lead you to
their room for sex ot to eat you (even though for now it seems they always eat you).

While sprites could be cool I'd like a choice for not having them. After a couple of games I went full R34 with names, so sprites would break the illusion :D
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Madmaxman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:05 pm

Liking it so far. However, at a certain point all relationships stop progressing. This issue reliably happens, but I'm not sure what the trigger is.
Madmaxman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Datstrudel wrote:Ok, do I can definitely say that I'm very interested in this game. I can see this being something of a really great vore world simulator. So I'm all for it.
I'll start with what I like. The game is pretty open ended, you can roleplay how you want. I like the customization of each character. What you have so far is really good.
As much as I've played, I haven't had the AI just randomly eat people. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I think it'd be cool to just be going around and someone has a full belly of prey.
I definitely think graphics will be a good addition. I'd personally say just use vore war graphics for now, or keep it to just a few species to start.
This is definitely a good start. The UI is a little confusing, but I assume you have lots of plans going forward. I like it a lot so far.

The AI does eat people, but right now they only do it if they can lure someone back into their room, or if the person's prey willingness is high enough that they are considered willing prey (and thus don't fight back, or cause other people to try and intervene). They don't risk it in the open right now, though that will probably be in sooner or later.
Yeah, I consider the UI as one of the weak points, but I plan to upgrade it as I get suggestions for making it better.

Anesthetic wrote:OK. So currently I think this game should be titled:
so many introductions
Seriously if you have the number of characters maxed out the first bit of the game is just a MASSIVE chunck of introductions. It is also HARD as hell to follow individual characters.
If i might suggest, Include the Alphabet as sprites, then have each of the characters get assigned the first letter of their name as their sprite, so you can keep track of where they've gone.

Yeah, that's part of the legacy from my society game. I was torn because it makes sense that you'd meet someone first, but it also kind of gets in the way, so I'd totally be up for removing that if people are frustrated by it. I will be putting in a better way to track individuals on the map as soon as I determine it, alphabet or different colors seem like the two best canidates

Katar wrote:I really love the concept. However I would suggest focusing on one thing at the moment in terms of content. I know everyone and their cousin are going to want to have their own special race added to the game but I think focusing in would help fantastically.

I would suggest focusing in on this university setting for the moment [The mechanics don't have to be only useful for that, but in terms of initial plans most things would be geared around that idea.] I would suggest limiting the races to literally just human. Everything worried or cared about for the first few updates is ONLY for that setting. It simplifies graphics especially in terms of variety. The university setting would also allow you to only have 1 base uniform and undergarments with coloring options and maybe a few additions like ties/whatever. Hair styles, facial expressions, etcetera all focused on ONLY that human aspect.

The university setting could be fleshed out more with mechanics that could be used in future updates. I.E. Teachers = A way to shift your sliders. Faculty = Various Shops. Parents = resource nodes.

A mechanic I think may prove neat would be to have two different types of NPCs. The first being these custom made ones [Stronger, more interactions, more influential to the world, more experience on eating them, etc.] and filler [Just random NPCs that wander around that have simple interactions and serve as EXP farms or drains on the world for things you want like maybe they drain shops of items. Having it so that NPCs require to visit these locations and socialize to gain their desires / needs with interactions with primary NPCs providing more bonus but maybe have it limited somehow?

The university setting should be kinda Hogwarts esque in the idea that it may be separated by different "factions" and all the characters you make are part of your faction. This would be symbolized by different color gradients graphically and eventually maybe mechanically. [I.E. RED GROUP = Player group. This could be used as the school faction to an adventuring guild to even just your immediate family. While BLUE GROUP = Prey students / monsters / adventurers.]

Two immediate suggestions I would like to see is a simple graphical representation like literally a larger circle with a color representing either gender or faction or friendship level [Maybe their colors would all be random at first but they would start to shift color towards their own friend groups making cliques. Player color would stay the same]. Also I'd like it if two units couldn't occupy the same space. So maybe hallways would be 2 spaces wide and rooms would be like 6x4.

But overall this is very nice and has a good initial framework for future things to be built. Initial focus is a good idea along with simple graphics to represent the states of characters.

Yeah, I was planning to do the same sort of thing as Vore war, where I've got some stuff in mind, but letting the community somewhat determine the priorities.
Yeah, for a while at least, humans, and possibly some demi-humans would be the goal, with anything more complicated waiting until some more of the basics are ironed out.
I'm still torn on the graphics part, I want to avoid spending too much of my time on that instead of improving gameplay in general.
Yeah, classes had been mentioned as a potential way to improve various sliders. It could probably be considered a vore school like appears in some other games on this site, like Saint Millunina's vore academy. Teachers could also serve as more powerful students, that usually don't take advantage of their superiority.
Having secondary npcs is probably a good idea, that gives a source of potential other food. That was one of the points I spent some time thinking about, and the reason that the friendship system is kind of simplistic right now. If you've got well fleshed out characters and they all die quickly, that doesn't make for the greatest experience (at least to me). That's why I was thinking that adding vore without digestion would be a higher priority, to get more vore in there without grinding the population down too fast, but still leaving room for some digestions.
Speaking of other locations, right now the cafeteria and showers are the main public attractions, the cafeteria because people need to eat, and the showers because I'm a pervert. Classes would be another one, but I wasn't really sure what other types of locations to have.
Factions might be a good idea to have, probably optional, but makes for some interesting mechanics. They could have separated dorms, and would probably automatically get along better with members of their own faction.
Yeah, the factions add another wrinkle for telling units apart. I'll definitely have a better system in for the next release for telling people apart, as I imagine some people want even higher populations as well (Right now the population is limited to the number of dorm rooms, 12).
As for not having two unit occupy the same space, I'm not sure about that, I think that would kind of become a mess (with hallways regularly blocked off) unless hallways were at least 3 units wide, but then it would take a long time to get anywhere.
Thank you for the compliment and the feedback.
RakeVuri wrote:This is fun to mess around with so far. If you're thinking about non fatal vore, I'd recommend tying it into the flirting or sex system somehow. Push someone between your legs as a part of playing with them, and if vore's accepted or folks have a high friendship with you, they might not panic seeing you walking around with someone inside you.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Trying to make it more acceptable without making it so acceptable that you're just digesting unwilling people out in public.
komaru wrote:Looks great for a start, you have my interest!

Thank you.
thespyfurry69 wrote:I like this , especially the option for disposal ,not many v games have that

Thank you. That would probably be a little down the road, and someone else would have to write it since it's not for me, but I'm certainly not opposed to having it in there.

Brezzerk wrote:I like this the concept so much, the are sometimes that I'd like to suggest, I think that be cool if the intentions be hide or be an option... also when someone is vore could have some options, like struggle, scream as well submit or beg, it could be affected by friendship or charisma... maybe an option to add more npc after someone vanish.
Anyway I like the game so much, sorry for bad english

Ah, yeah, I will add more options, and it makes sense that the opinion could change. Right now it effectively just enters two paths, unwilling and willing, unwilling yells out before they're swallowed, but the options could have an effect in addition to creating different dialogue.

Randulf wrote:I like the open ended approach, adds a lot of degree of freedom

Thank you, I felt like this would be an interesting thing to try, no matter how it turned out.

Alesleo wrote:I really like this. As others said, it's a great tool for roleplaying. I second the option to hide intentions so you have to ask yourself if they want to lead you to
their room for sex ot to eat you (even though for now it seems they always eat you).

While sprites could be cool I'd like a choice for not having them. After a couple of games I went full R34 with names, so sprites would break the illusion :D

Well, they can lead you for sex too, or at least they're supposed to (though it would be at high relationships, and possibly only when they're already horny), but it makes sense that I should hide some of the information under a debug mode toggle, so I'll get that added.

Madmaxman wrote:Liking it so far. However, at a certain point all relationships stop progressing. This issue reliably happens, but I'm not sure what the trigger is.

They stop changing at all? There is a maximum that it slows down as it approaches. Right now this is 'close friends' for friendship and 'lovers for romantic. Right now there's only 3-4 positive names for both of those, for lack of a better term progression system.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Oh, I'm REALLY excited to see where this goes! Though, possible bug: After getting the population down to 2, flirting with the last cutie, and fucking her, she went to her room, AND NEVER CAME OUT, I used the skip 200 button several times, and she eventually started starving(and getting tired despite being in her room), I had to go up to her room, and ask her to follow me(And then I fed myself to her). XD
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

Turbotowns
---

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Oh, I'm REALLY excited to see where this goes! Though, possible bug: After getting the population down to 2, flirting with the last cutie, and fucking her, she went to her room, AND NEVER CAME OUT, I used the skip 200 button several times, and she eventually started starving(and getting tired despite being in her room), I had to go up to her room, and ask her to follow me(And then I fed myself to her). XD

Ah, I'll check into that. I think she might have thought she was leading you back to her room, but that should time out if you're not actually following her.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Madmaxman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Madmaxman wrote:Liking it so far. However, at a certain point all relationships stop progressing. This issue reliably happens, but I'm not sure what the trigger is.

They stop changing at all? There is a maximum that it slows down as it approaches. Right now this is 'close friends' for friendship and 'lovers for romantic. Right now there's only 3-4 positive names for both of those, for lack of a better term progression system.

Yes, they completely stop changing.

Edit: I can also confirm that I've seen NPCs go into their rooms and never come out.
Madmaxman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alesleo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Madmaxman wrote:Edit: I can also confirm that I've seen NPCs go into their rooms and never come out.

Happened to me too, I suspect they try to sleep but for some reason they can't. A temporary fix is to control them momentarily, go to sleep and then exit their room, they should work again.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Of the items in the list, my top three desires are, from highest to lowest priority:
- Nonfatal vore
- Alternate modes of vore
- Multiprey
Image Image
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:13 pm

When they're "moving to a specific tile", like "9,5", I have NO IDEA where that is, I tried going by "columns,rows"; which would put the shower, for example, at "1,6"... but then it said it was "3,?"(don't remember, I'll edit it in if I see it again.)! maybe have the numbers outside the map, so we know WHAT tile the coordinates refers to?

Also, I hope there's like, a notification when someone else gets eaten. Even if I'm nowhere near(cause it'll likely be in someone's room, and I'd have to be right outside their door, to find out(EDIT: Nvm, being outside their room doesn't give me anything, I guess if they succeed, they get away scot free, can't stop it, nor enjoy it)).

Another bug.
I'll let this chat log speak for itself(But say that it involves Patricia(Ruth tried eating for 2 turns ago, while Adora was talking to me))
wishywashi.PNG
Last edited by Turbotowns on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Turbotowns
---

Next

Return to Vore game