Gauging interest in a pred-focused text RPG

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gauging interest in a pred-focused text RPG

Postby coldwar368 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:28 pm

sounds cool, pred only games are lacking
coldwar368
Been posting for a bit

Postby Delennd » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Pred girls hell yes!
Delennd
Been posting for a bit

Postby SkyLark » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 pm

*Thumbs up*
SkyLark
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 pm

We take these, i support this development.
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:33 pm

I've seen a lot of Main character being Pred and Prey content, but never Pred only. So let's see how this development goes. I'm interested in it! :-D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheStandardMan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 am

@PeckishPreggo

There are a lack of games focused on being a Predator, well MAINLY focusing on being a Predator. I will agree with getting the innards of your game set first. Nothing like releasing a demo and having the game set itself on fire internally from simply typing in "use drink dispenser" or "talk to Betty".

A College setting is a novel idea, lots of little details you can play with and locations you can add in. From what you want to do, it sounds like you are going with a Open University type with the ability to go to random locations off site seeing as you want to include a potential for being arrested for devouring a helpless school nerd.
Seeing as you are not going to add a "combat" system, instead focusing more on communication, I would recommend small details about body movement or positioning. Crossed arms, slouched posture, a facial reaction detail when choosing a selection for discussion. Body language is not really conveyed in most Quest games to great detail and it can be more informative more discreetly than just directly saying "Jill looks happy when you mention her shoes." Albeit simple detailing is easier, you'd be surprised how a little depth to emotional expression or physical expressions details can change a game.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 am

I'm curious and perhaps interested.

When you say "text" - does that just mean it lacks art but is otherwise like most RPG games with buttons, or does it mean the kind of game like Zork where you type USE KNIFE ON ROPE?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wetcardboardbox » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 am

I'm all for making. If this is a thing you wanna make then you do it. Power to ya and thanks for sharing with the F/F community!

However, I think if you wanna make something special then the text-adventure route is probably not for you. The sad truth is Quest/Twine offer a ton of functionality to those who learn to use them properly, so another text-adventure from someone who isn't a star writer is probably not gonna wow anyone (although I'd be delighted to be proven wrong if you're an amazing writer or make a free program better than Quest). My opinion (garbage it may be) would be to find some good collaborators for illustration and animation so whatever you make you can really use your programming skills to the fullest. Even without top-tier artists you could make something that'll be a staple for the community, like what Barbftr or the Skyrim/Fallout vore mods have been. Also, toggle-able M/M, M/F, or F/M or Other content is always appreciated by us gaybois, vorefujoshi and hetluvrs, but you do you.
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheStandardMan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

One does not have to be a "Star-Writer" to make a good quest game. Investment of time and willingness to pursue the goal get a game started, and persist throughout. As you continue to make a game you start getting more experienced with your own creativity and the level of depth to detail you go to. Once you understand those, then you can truly start to go further in to making the game more alluring, definitive and most importantly, attentive at keeping you hooked.

Granted, having someone else help you along the way does bolster the speed of which one goes, but everyone needs different types of help, and certain types of people not always mesh and can most indefinitely, ruin a desire to continue and complete a project such as a making a video game.
TheStandardMan
Been posting for a bit

Postby knonme21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm gonna be following this threed for awhile (unless you plan to make a new topic once you got something tangable?) But needless to say i'm intrested.
knonme21
New to the forum

Postby oldspice1212 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Though I prefer to have an M/F option for POV stories, I really would love to have more games/interactives from a predator perspective! As an exclusive pred myself, it can be a little difficult to find stuff.
oldspice1212
New to the forum

Postby sdaeeds » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 pm

I consider these two games the best examples of text based vore RPGs

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/13353103/

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18278200/

They are both furry games, but goddamn do they get the elements right. They're responsive if you try to contact them for source code.
sdaeeds
Been posting for a bit

Postby night22 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:19 pm

I'm behind this as well, too many games focus on being prey, and it's always just endless game overs in order to see content. If you need help proofreading I'm open to help.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bcdjcvsjhvjh » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:27 pm

deleted
Last edited by bcdjcvsjhvjh on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcdjcvsjhvjh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ayra42 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi there, is there still interest on this or is there not enough of it to actually wait for something? Because I still have a full interest there
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 pm

want it
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby CoffeeBurn » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:17 pm

I'm all for it. I love pred protagonist games. I'll be following pretty closely for updates.
CoffeeBurn
New to the forum

Postby Ranorak » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm not a fan of being prey so that means quite a few games on these forums aren't my thing. I don't mind if it's F/F only at all, you've got my vote. :)

Also I like the idea of getting to know your prey instead of just grabbing randoms.
Ranorak
New to the forum

Postby LoroB » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:33 pm

oh yes F/F pred gooo goo do it :gulp: :gulp: already starving over here
LoroB
Been posting for a bit

Postby folomo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

+1!
There are too few games with a pred character.
folomo
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game