Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/12/30

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:13 am

In Gorge I think the words septillion and sextillion should be swapped. Since septillion is larger than sextillion. I think they were miss ordered is in numbers.js
User avatar
NobodyOfAnyMatter
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:40 am

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby chemicalcrux » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:08 am

NobodyOfAnyMatter wrote:In Gorge I think the words septillion and sextillion should be swapped. Since septillion is larger than sextillion. I think they were miss ordered is in numbers.js


Yep, I thought I'd fixed that, but it turned out I had missed the swap. It's fixed in the nightly version of the game, and v0.0.5 should be out sometime soon.

(well, it is out now, along with 0.0.6)
User avatar
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby betacygni » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:29 am

Hmm, Satiate doesn't seem to actually play any sound for me. When selecting a story, it pops up a dialog with "Couldn't open the database?". The game itself is completely playable, though.

This happens in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and for both the nightly and stable versions. (Edge doesn't pop up the database dialog, only Firefox does.)
User avatar
betacygni
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:38 pm

betacygni wrote:Hmm, Satiate doesn't seem to actually play any sound for me. When selecting a story, it pops up a dialog with "Couldn't open the database?". The game itself is completely playable, though.

This happens in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and for both the nightly and stable versions. (Edge doesn't pop up the database dialog, only Firefox does.)


Edge is gonna' be like that until it switches to chrome's browser engine; its implementation of IndexedDB, which I use to store all of the audio files, is kinda janky.

Firefox should be working, though - I just tried it and it seems fine. I don't see an obvious way to allow or block storage..perhaps try it in a private/incognito window?
User avatar
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby betacygni » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:52 am

chemicalcrux wrote:
betacygni wrote:Hmm, Satiate doesn't seem to actually play any sound for me. When selecting a story, it pops up a dialog with "Couldn't open the database?". The game itself is completely playable, though.

This happens in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and for both the nightly and stable versions. (Edge doesn't pop up the database dialog, only Firefox does.)


Edge is gonna' be like that until it switches to chrome's browser engine; its implementation of IndexedDB, which I use to store all of the audio files, is kinda janky.

Firefox should be working, though - I just tried it and it seems fine. I don't see an obvious way to allow or block storage..perhaps try it in a private/incognito window?


Hmm. I tried in a Firefox private window and it still didn't work; but then I attempted it using the "disable all addons/Safe Mode" option, and then it worked fine.
There's only a couple addons I think could be the culprit, e.g. ublock origin and NoScript. While I had given your site full permissions, apparently that wasn't good enough, and I had to run Firefox with no addons whatsoever.

preview edit: what. now it works even with the addons turned on (but after giving permissions.) Fuck if I know, but I guess for anyone else who runs into the problem: try running it in no-addon mode?
User avatar
betacygni
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby gullvy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:44 am

I've had a bunch of fun with Feast, and especially with Stroll. Basically any stuff that allows me to play as pred is wonderful. If you're looking for help with writing scenes for Feast, I wouldn't mind helping out!
User avatar
gullvy
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby chemicalcrux » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:32 pm

gullvy wrote:I've had a bunch of fun with Feast, and especially with Stroll. Basically any stuff that allows me to play as pred is wonderful. If you're looking for help with writing scenes for Feast, I wouldn't mind helping out!


Glad you're enjoying 'em!

Feast is going to get mangled a fair bit to make it more of an RPG and less of a freeform text adventure. On the plus side, that should make it a lot more straightforward to make simple enemies for it.
User avatar
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:57 pm

I don't really care about this Fen thing showing up in these games, but the games themselves are pretty neat.
My favorite as a concept is Gorge, which is actually a pretty decent clicker game for being so simple and unfinished.

Comments:
Stroll: Neat, but it's not much of an actual game, more like a simple toy. I really wish the game would track your character's capacity, rather than stuffing 8725834927 characters into your 3' character's vagina without any trouble.
Feast: I've always been a sucker for these games. A little disappointed it's a prey game, but that's my personal preference. Also I remember one character GM fiat-ing my character who had better stats by a long shot into a fetish I don't like, but it's been a while and I don't remember the details, sorry. Next time I play this, I'll look around to see if I can figure out if it was bad math, or if I misclicked something.
Gorge: Unf. Actually really neat, I played it to what I'd call a softcap, since I had bought everything that could be feasibly bought within a year of playing. It could definitely use a "rebirth" function to earn some kind of reset currency or something; maybe could use a few more upgrades to make the weaker "buildings" more useful, too, since despite the game giving you upgrades to make older buildings stronger, pretty much the only building relevant the whole game is whatever's a the bottom of the list.
Satiate: Didn't play, sorry.

(EDIT: removed some irrelevant bits of this post.)
User avatar
AnonymousRandomAnon
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 am

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby Gibet » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Ooh, I'm a big fan of your audio projects. I'll definitely give these games a try, too!
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
User avatar
Gibet
Participator
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:57 pm
Location: The Hall of Heroes

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Mon May 11, 2020 1:41 am

Going missing for months is something vastly more worrying than it used to be, thanks to the virus going around.
What was once "is the game abandoned?" "did the dev burn out?" is now "maybe the dev died from the virus?"
Kinda spooky. I've got a few devs I follow that just went missing the last couple months and I get really nervous wondering if they're okay, or if it's just plain ol' dev burnout.
User avatar
AnonymousRandomAnon
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 am

Re: Stroll/Feast/Gorge/Satiate - Text Games - Updated 2019/1

Postby nukers1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:35 am

Stroll is pretty fun
nukers1
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 am

Previous

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alberth122, CatTroyTheStranger, DarkRain, Deegamer20, Dolsilyol, InuyashalovesKagome, Mazodin, msbund, nnnddt, ragnyan, Roaringhex, sjkd34, sulfhydrylbystrite, TerraD, theprinceh, thewatcherwhowatches