Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:12 pm

I wonder if beating the levels under certain conditions could reward different skins?
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Whisper92 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi, I just signed up for this site after stumbling across your project on Youtube. Looking forward to trying it out. I got it to run, which is pretty impressive for my dumb boomer ass.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:11 am

Who's this lovely woman?
daeway
Participator

Postby Ranacha » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:12 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:Glad you like it!! :D For the time being I'll probably stick with the current size to see how it ends up looking when it comes time to do all the 2 prey bellies and beyond, but the good news is with how I'm designing the sprites now they'll be easier to go back and edit in the future so it wouldn't be too terribly hard to tweak later on.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Very, very, VERY NICE! Looks so smooth and clean and both the momentum and size looks perfect! BTW are we still playing as Samus or your OC next update?

Thank you!! OC Next update, you'll find out more about her once the update drops.

After getting an estimate for the belly volume like how Frakass did in their Levels series I'd say the belly size is about bang on. I would definitely avoid going too big too quickly, especially if your sprites are size limited. Too often I see hugely oversized bellies where they're supposed to have eaten just 5 but have a belly that could fit closer to 50! It's one of my little pet peeves, though I don't know if it bothers many others..
Ranacha
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vorelover23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:05 am

daeway wrote:Who's this lovely woman?
[ https://aryion.com/forum/download/file.php?id=288235 ]

Samus with a different color. You know how smash recolored some characters to give variety to two of the same character? I think the creator intends to do either the same, or the change of color as an upgrade to samus’ abilities.
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Vorelover23 wrote:
daeway wrote:Who's this lovely woman?
[ https://aryion.com/forum/download/file.php?id=288235 ]

Samus with a different color. You know how smash recolored some characters to give variety to two of the same character? I think the creator intends to do either the same, or the change of color as an upgrade to samus’ abilities.

Actually not quite - while of course visually inspired by Samus, it is not her - this is Mia, who will be taking the place of the player character once her sprites are finished!

Ranacha wrote:After getting an estimate for the belly volume like how Frakass did in their Levels series I'd say the belly size is about bang on. I would definitely avoid going too big too quickly, especially if your sprites are size limited. Too often I see hugely oversized bellies where they're supposed to have eaten just 5 but have a belly that could fit closer to 50! It's one of my little pet peeves, though I don't know if it bothers many others..

Just like having unrealistically small bellies bothers me, unrealistically large ones do as well xD Doing my best to keep it accurate!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:31 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Actually not quite - while of course visually inspired by Samus, it is not her - this is Mia, who will be taking the place of the player character once her sprites are finished!

Surprised at how fast you decided to change the player model so soon, personally I had hope to play as Samus for a bit longer but your game your rules.

Ranacha wrote:After getting an estimate for the belly volume like how Frakass did in their Levels series I'd say the belly size is about bang on.

Frakass is best off as a refence especially since he use a basic weight average for those panels which doesn't work well here, compared the thicc Sentries to the thin Dashers. So long as it looks like she is around the size expected from her prey belly count I think it will turn out all right. DraconicSyntax knows we will chime in if we think something is off (for better or worse... :silly:)
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vorelover23 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:42 pm

So samus is Not the focus of the story? Interesting... Like the model by the way.
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Surprised at how fast you decided to change the player model so soon, personally I had hope to play as Samus for a bit longer but your game your rules.

I wasn't going to until later originally, until I realized just how bad my original sprites/animations were. Tried to ignore it at first, but realized quick it was going to bother me on infuriating levels until I fix it, and making any new player sprites in the meantime would be wasted work as long as I had to redo them anyway.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Frakass is best off as a refence especially since he use a basic weight average for those panels which doesn't work well here, compared the thicc Sentries to the thin Dashers. So long as it looks like she is around the size expected from her prey belly count I think it will turn out all right. DraconicSyntax knows we will chime in if we think something is off (for better or worse... :silly:)

For better or for worse! XD
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Oh ya it's been 1 full year since you first posted about this project so congrats! :-D
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:35 pm

So is the preview with the color swap going to be how your character will look in the game? Or do you have a few other visual changes in mind? Like when you said once their player sprites are finished, is that just talking about the animations or visual looks? Or both?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Whisper92 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi, so here is my reaction to the project.

I do wish that I could help you out in some way, but i know I can’t do so because i cant make any art assets or code. Also, I want everything that I say to be taken with the added caveat that I do not truly know how difficult it would be to implement the changes or how hard a switch may be to make. Also, i have not read through all of the forum, so I could be restating what others have said or going over rehashed talking point. Sorry in advance.

So, to start, it booted up easily and I got the hang of the controls very quickly, even if I had to keep the readme open to double check the controls. I mention this because I am not a computer guy, and it has been over a decade since I played a pc game (console fag).

Aesthetically, i like the proportion you are using, it reminds me of the intro to MIB2, which is great. I can only imagine what 4 people will be like. Hopefully it won’t be too immersion breaking. But that brings me to my only real complaint. I think you need to ask yourself how important of a gameplay mechanic the vore will be, because I don’t know if the gun can kill an enemy. I never really tested it too hard, but it seemed like after i shot a guard 10 times they would only get stunned, and I was put in a few situations where I was either trapped or placed in a position where i couldn’t eat due to too many enemies shooting or i already had 2 on me and I had to try to do the passive digest or i couldn’t swallow an enemy without getting hit. (In the second level, I was trapped in the rocket hall with a dasher that fell through the hole with me and I died).

So that would bring me to my only real suggestion, to add in a second gun or, what I would assume would be easier, add in a lethal charge shot mode. I tried to farm bullets from the gonk/ missle droids and i felt like i was in a position where i had to take a hit to get my bullets to hit the robot. Maybe a charge shot will blow up the missiles and pass through to the enemy. I think adding that could further enrich the gameplay and add in for other elements. Immediately, i could see a trade off that shooting/vaporizing someone would be quicker, louder, but removes them as a resource.

On my first playthroughs, i was usually using the guards up asap whenever i got one, but on my latest, i tried to experiment playing with two in me to see what the game was like, and besides taking less damage, i didn’t really see a purpose, which makes me think there may be a lethal option coming. As a final note, i agree with someone else who said there should be a nonlethal kick move for if you run out of ammo. Something that can kill a bot or stun a guard if you have no ammo and are waiting on the passive digest to end.

In that same run, i was also having difficulty making many of the jumps while full, which makes sense, but i am not sure if it was a subtle sign to drop them before continuing or if i was just bad. Maybe a superjump could be installed if you want there to be an option to complete the main objective while big (More on that in a minute).

Now, i was going to mention a few things about the main character model, but i read that you’re going to change it in the future, so i am going to hold my criticism and just give the praise. I love all of the little expressions and movements your gave to the character. The different movements and ripples on the suit to the smug bitch expressions are all great and i hope they stay. The zoom button was a great addition and i expect more expressions as time goes on.

Story:
Now, i see you’re trying to keep it simple, but i have a few suggestions for the story and the name of the game.

I think that there should be a more subtle name than just “vore platformer”. I’ve seen some suggestions, but I would propose using a play in words using “nom”. I think you could use Nom as an acronym for something like “Project N.O.M” or “Operation N.O.M”, and have nom stand for the ship, like Nom stands for “Nebula Observation Megastructure.”

Also, i see that “escape from the lab” is simple enough for a storyline, but I think that you could add in a textcrawl under a lore tab in the menu to write a better setup. Samus was experimented on with alien artifacts and escaped containment and now is out for revenge or something like that.

Personally, i think that your character should be trying to get IN to the ship rather than just escape. I think that making Samus a galactic cop or bounty hunter out for revenge would give it a better mood, or as I personally suggest, make her the space equivalent of a Federal Air Marshal. She was on board a flight carrying passengers and cargo through a dangerous part of space when the bad guys captured the ship with the intent of stealing the cargo and ransoming or experimenting on the passengers, and throughout the game it is your job to rescue the crew, like it can be a secondary objective or collectible in each level.

Suggestions (wish list):

So, here are just some suggestions or things I would hope to see in the future. You are free to use any of these idea if you would like.

Can we eat the gonk droid/ missile robot to get more ammo but would cause indigestion more often ? In general, i think making more edible robot enemies would be good as well.

How about an “officer” enemy that has higher shields and strength (cant be vaporized) but will hold door keys, and the way to obtain the key is to digest the enemy and then spit out the key?

Is there going to be an enemy that needs to be blown apart and individual parts eaten in order to be defeated?

I think i read somewhere you were planning on adding more abilities related to energy from meals (idk what the are, but maybe a dash attack, fire belch, or maybe a super jump?). Now, this would probably be a pain in the ass to animate, but instead of making it stored as ambient weight gain or a hud meter/bar, how about making it show based on her chest? Be it a light device based on its color or just how big her boobs are?

I think you should add in vending machines that can be blown up and spit out food and drinks. I think that would be fun by making them genetically modified super fruits, like blue bananas, red watermelon, orange apples, etc. but while i’m at it, add in “super antacids”, which will prevent indigestion for a short time.

I see you had a stamina boost in the game. If i may, I would suggest adding in another temporary powerup. You find big batteries, like those powering laser doors. When you find them, you have the option to press use and you will get a bunch of bullets for your gun, or you can hit ctl and she will eat the battery, digest, and get a temporary energy shield.

You said in the OP you wanted to add in rpg elements. Now, i dont know if you are thinking about making it like an evolution type thing based on meals, but in think you could also just use money and a kiosk to buy gene mods. If you eat enemies you get less money than by shooting them, but as a funny powerup, you could find a floating livestream cam, and for a minute, you get dramatically more money for devouring enemies, encouraging risky play as well as constantly digesting enemies manually rather than using them as armor.

I think you said somewhere you were going to add taunts, I like the idea of that (ie, checking her nails, chewing gum and blowing bubbles, burping) but i think that it would be an interesting mechanic to use a burp-on-command (+1 in stomach or use ability energy) as a decoy to lure guards away from their post without alerting them.

Next, kind of like the powerups in Doom, i think a rage powerup would work in this game to mix up encounters. You touch a red energy ball in an arena-esque fight and Samus becomes a red gluttony demon; not invincible, but digesting immediately and regenerating health super fast without the need to stun enemies normally. This could also be included in boss fights, were damage can only be done in this form, so you need to survive until a machine generates the power up.

Also, as a fun idea, for micro enemies that pilot robots, when their mech is destroyed, how hard would it be to have them retreat to holes in the wall where they can get into another mech, essentially respawning until the driver is killed?

If you need ideas for enemies, I would suggest possibly adding something like the Pinky Demon from Doom as well as those Viper Snek alien ladies from XCOM2. In relating to that, are you going to make enemies that are more or less than the standard size guards in regards to stomach space?

Another enemy idea. For a boss fight, i think that a giant plant enemy would be cool. Building up to it, you encounter vines and whips in vents or blocking doors that need to be blown/ chewed through, and then in the end you fight a big plant built into the background that you need to rip apart bulb by bulb until its dead.

This one is personal, but could you make a secret level or stage thats a parody of the classic arcade Donkey Kong game? In the end, Princess peach gives you an upgrade and then you can leave... or you can eat peach for the lolz.

I see earlier that you mentioned you are going to use an OC named Mia. I may as well suggest a name i was thinking of, Brynhildr,(Bry for short) from German folklore. It kind of reminded me of a name you would find in an NES game, but you can do whatever you want, man.

I see you are changing the character model, which is fine, but i hope that you add in different variants or costumes as unlocks or options. I have no idea if you plan to keep this as a passion project or to make it public, but all I have to say is that I’ve come to appreciate the blonde Samus stand in. If you’re looking for skin suggestions or ideas of characters with a similar build, I would suggest:
The original sprite girl
A brunette baseball hat wearing tomboy
Red head glasses intellectual
Jill Valentine re5 Battlesuit
Lara Croft Wetsuit from Tomb Raider Underworld
Serleena MIB2
Widowmaker (talon skin) and Dva from Overwatch
Cortana from Halo
And my favorite, a turkey costume.... get it? Because she gobbles people up? Like a turkey?

...I’ll show myself out.

anyway, good luck on your project . I wish there was more I could do.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whisper92 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:06 am

Just found a bug.

Eat 2 guards, hit enter, wait for the bones to be spat out, then hit enter again and it will be stuck in the first animation again and the game will kinda crash. You cant move but the first part of the animation will begin and loop.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:05 am

Whisper92 wrote:...Also, i have not read through all of the forum, so I could be restating what others have said or going over rehashed talking point...
DraconicSyntax I think this should be reason enough to move the FAQ and Readme tabs to above the download link with a please read first sign in front of them. Along with adding info about the stunnable only enemies ATM.

No disrespect Whisper and I'll try to repeat some of the answers to what you asked because it have bin discussed over a lot about the game so far. Just a friendly reminder all of this is still a early alpha so A LOT is still being made by one person ATM.

Whisper92 wrote:So, to start, it booted up easily and I got the hang of the controls very quickly, even if I had to keep the readme open to double check the controls...
DraconicSyntax wrote:- Part of my original intent with the current layout is to have something amenable to people who wanted to play with WASD controls - however, I think in favor of having a single more unified layout I'll probably scrap that in favor of just arrow keys for movement, freeing up the left side of the keyboard more for other commands.

Whisper92 wrote:...But that brings me to my only real complaint. I think you need to ask yourself how important of a gameplay mechanic the vore will be, because I don’t know if the gun can kill an enemy...On my first playthroughs, i was usually using the guards up asap whenever i got one, but on my latest, i tried to experiment playing with two in me to see what the game was like, and besides taking less damage, i didn’t really see a purpose...
DraconicSyntax wrote:That's the plan - this next update I'm hoping to evolve the gameplay a bit with a few different things first though, which should hopefully give the game and its difficulty a lot more depth. I want to put a more dramatic focus on the difference in gameplay when you're empty vs carrying prey - while empty you are faster, more agile, quieter, and do less damage/take more damage, but while full you are much louder, have much more tank-like defense, and more damage through damaging abilities. The addition of momentum should also help sell that a lot and change how playing both ways feels, and this way I shouldn't have to rely on ever increasing enemy complexity at least in every scenario to keep the challenge present.

Whisper92 wrote:...and I was put in a few situations where I was either trapped or placed in a position where i couldn’t eat due to too many enemies shooting or i already had 2 on me and I had to try to do the passive digest or i couldn’t swallow an enemy without getting hit. (In the second level, I was trapped in the rocket hall with a dasher that fell through the hole with me and I died).
The level are alpha stage more proof of concept right now so expect roughness here and there.

Whisper92 wrote:...I tried to farm bullets from the gonk/ missle droids and i felt like i was in a position where i had to take a hit to get my bullets to hit the robot.

There's a trick you can practice to hit them then quickly without getting hurt.
Jumpingbananaboat wrote:-Like when you're on the same floor as the missile bots they will walk closer to fire there will be a window to quickly kneel and shoot between the missiles to damage it before eating the missiles and repeating.

Whisper92 wrote:In that same run, i was also having difficulty making many of the jumps while full, which makes sense, but i am not sure if it was a subtle sign to drop them before continuing or if i was just bad.
Yes belly size drags you down more and more and cost more stamina to run.

Whisper92 wrote:Story:
Now, i see you’re trying to keep it simple, but i have a few suggestions for the story and the name of the game.
DraconicSyntax wrote:I've got a title in mind I believe, just working on the acronym for it. More actual story content will be released once I have more time to get to it.

Whisper92 wrote:Can we eat the gonk droid/ missile robot to get more ammo but would cause indigestion more often ?
Also, as a fun idea, for micro enemies that pilot robots, when their mech is destroyed, how hard would it be to have them retreat to holes in the wall where they can get into another mech, essentially respawning until the driver is killed?

:!: AY! I was here first so don't you steal my ideas! :twisted: JK But yes I suggested something like that too. Great minds think alike and all that... I'm in favor of the tiny mecha spawn idea also.
Jumpingbananaboat wrote:I know you got a lot of suggestions but if you do go the robots are tinys now what about later on Samus gets the option to ether destroy the mecha and get a few tiny out of it or she could eat it whole and get a decent amount of ammo from it but no health. With negatives like she can't eat anything else till she digests or increase chance in indigestion and starts to auto digest.

Whisper92 wrote:...In relating to that, are you going to make enemies that are more or less than the standard size guards in regards to stomach space?
DraconicSyntax wrote:-No set size groups thus far beyond the standard humanoid size and the drake size, though size groups will likely become more prominent as more enemy varieties are added.

Page 3 onwards starts the player reviews and suggestions that will help get you up to speed with how thing are being planned.
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:[...a lot of stuff]

Yep, you covered most things how I would have answered, appreciate it!!

In general though, yes the vore system is being reworked to also better play with an actual health system for the enemies as well as melee attacks that will serve to do real damage and not just temporarily stun. I do also finally have the title worked out, which is actually rather similar to what Whisper suggested! The story itself has also had a good amount of thought put into it and I'm settled on a direction to take it, it's really a matter of just getting to a point where I can start physically adding it to the game. I'll also see about the mech respawn, that's a good idea!

In response to a few other things:

Whisper92 wrote:Just found a bug.
Eat 2 guards, hit enter, wait for the bones to be spat out, then hit enter again and it will be stuck in the first animation again and the game will kinda crash. You cant move but the first part of the animation will begin and loop.

Surprised this wasn't found sooner! Fixed for the next update.

Whisper92 wrote:How about an “officer” enemy that has higher shields and strength (cant be vaporized) but will hold door keys, and the way to obtain the key is to digest the enemy and then spit out the key?

Already been pre-planning a very similar idea!

Whisper92 wrote:I think i read somewhere you were planning on adding more abilities related to energy from meals (idk what the are, but maybe a dash attack, fire belch, or maybe a super jump?). Now, this would probably be a pain in the ass to animate, but instead of making it stored as ambient weight gain or a hud meter/bar, how about making it show based on her chest? Be it a light device based on its color or just how big her boobs are?

I've been throwing around ideas for more visual representations than more additions to the hud, so possibly but not certain - especially since yeah, it would be a LOT to animate as it means an entire extra set of variant sprites. Weight gain in general is most likely to debut before anything else if we get to that point though.

Whisper92 wrote:I think you should add in vending machines that can be blown up and spit out food and drinks. I think that would be fun by making them genetically modified super fruits, like blue bananas, red watermelon, orange apples, etc. but while i’m at it, add in “super antacids”, which will prevent indigestion for a short time.

I see you had a stamina boost in the game. If i may, I would suggest adding in another temporary powerup. You find big batteries, like those powering laser doors. When you find them, you have the option to press use and you will get a bunch of bullets for your gun, or you can hit ctl and she will eat the battery, digest, and get a temporary energy shield.

I like the vending machine idea, and the ideas of other temporary powerups - I'll be sure to keep them in mind! The idea for a rage powerup of some sort as well is tempting to play with.

Whisper92 wrote:You said in the OP you wanted to add in rpg elements. Now, i dont know if you are thinking about making it like an evolution type thing based on meals, but in think you could also just use money and a kiosk to buy gene mods. If you eat enemies you get less money than by shooting them, but as a funny powerup, you could find a floating livestream cam, and for a minute, you get dramatically more money for devouring enemies, encouraging risky play as well as constantly digesting enemies manually rather than using them as armor.

I'm not sure just how RPG-esque I'd be getting, but the idea of upgradable perks for at least the vore system is very plausible and an idea I like it a good bit. The livestream cam idea could be fun too, but I'll have to lay some other groundwork (like taunt moves in general) before considering how to use that.

Whisper92 wrote:If you need ideas for enemies, I would suggest possibly adding something like the Pinky Demon from Doom as well as those Viper Snek alien ladies from XCOM2.

The XCOM2 vipers were also something I was considering as inspiration for one of the next alien enemies, as I've been considering a lamia-like enemy of sorts.

Whisper92 wrote:I see you are changing the character model, which is fine, but i hope that you add in different variants or costumes as unlocks or options. I have no idea if you plan to keep this as a passion project or to make it public, but all I have to say is that I’ve come to appreciate the blonde Samus stand in. If you’re looking for skin suggestions or ideas of characters with a similar build, I would suggest:
The original sprite girl
A brunette baseball hat wearing tomboy
Red head glasses intellectual
Jill Valentine re5 Battlesuit
Lara Croft Wetsuit from Tomb Raider Underworld
Serleena MIB2
Widowmaker (talon skin) and Dva from Overwatch
Cortana from Halo
And my favorite, a turkey costume.... get it? Because she gobbles people up? Like a turkey?

...I’ll show myself out.

anyway, good luck on your project . I wish there was more I could do.

Plenty of good skin selections - again, would be nice, but lots of work to be done before I can really start considering other new skins unfortunately!
Thanks for your support though, glad you like the game :)
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi. Not sure if im making a direct response, but oh well.

“ The story itself has also had a good amount of thought put into it and I'm settled on a direction to take it, it's really a matter of just getting to a point where I can start physically adding it to the game.”

Well, i’m not sure if you are planning on making a comic book/ slideshow FMV intro, but Ion Maiden/ Fury pretty much shoved its backstory in the hints tab on the menu. I dont know if you would just consider doing the same and say” backstory” or “lore”.

I personally think the livestream camera idea is kinda funny based on the simp phenomena, like she has an army of fanboys emptying their wallets whenever she swallows someone. Anyway, i was thinking that a floating eye camera could serve as that, and at the end of its use she swallows the camera too.

One last thing. When you mentioned the upgrades, i kind of had a thought. Maybe certain enemies (robots in particular) aren’t edible until you unlock certain upgrades? That would make the point of upgrading more important.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Whisper92 wrote:
I personally think the livestream camera idea is kinda funny based on the simp phenomena, like she has an army of fanboys emptying their wallets whenever she swallows someone. Anyway, i was thinking that a floating eye camera could serve as that, and at the end of its use she swallows the camera too.

One last thing. When you mentioned the upgrades, i kind of had a thought. Maybe certain enemies (robots in particular) aren’t edible until you unlock certain upgrades? That would make the point of upgrading more important.

Oh yes, the ability to eat entire robot enemies will be a later powerup at the very least. The other stuff with the webcam is stuff I'll have to put more thought into especially once I create some kinda experience or cash system for use in upgrading skills to begin with. As far as the story goes, it'll more or less be told through/during the actual game, besides maybe some slideshow intro stuff at the beginning, but may depend.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:01 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:So is the preview with the color swap going to be how your character will look in the game? Or do you have a few other visual changes in mind? Like when you said once their player sprites are finished, is that just talking about the animations or visual looks? Or both?

This is more or less the final look of the character for the time being, I'm mainly working on the animations right now.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Vorelover23 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Is this going to be like castlevania, metroid, hollow knight, and bloodstained in that you can come back to previous area’s you cleared if you need things? Would be great if you can respawn edible enemies every time you “swap screens”.
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Vorelover23 wrote:Is this going to be like castlevania, metroid, hollow knight, and bloodstained in that you can come back to previous area’s you cleared if you need things? Would be great if you can respawn edible enemies every time you “swap screens”.

Eventually yes, though there's some setup required to make that work properly.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game