Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Persona59523 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:33 pm

So can't download the game because chrome thinks it dangerous or something. Got anything to help with that?
Persona59523
Participator

Postby NeedADispenserHere » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:42 pm

That's very great ! Can't wait to have more preys to play with
NeedADispenserHere
New to the forum

Postby Ziedine » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

I have found 1 bug when i click in enter (digestion) and I run when she digests it remains in permanent digestion

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F36C850
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:16 pm

For the missile launchers, I did consider that - it'll take some reworking of the vore code to account for a second possible enemy type as prey, but that was inevitable as soon as I started adding more enemies beyond those two anyway. I may make it so you have to acquire a powerup before eating the robotic enemies though!

Last thing, do let me know if you think indigestion happens too often! I did my best to find a sweet spot of not being outright frustrating while still not making you too powerful just by remaining full for the added defense and such, but part of it IS still reliant on rng, and of course carrying 2 struggling prey will make it happen more often than just the one ;p

Glad you enjoy it otherwise!!

for the making edible enemy part how about scaling it with HP? since samus' health works with HP it could be done the same way for enemys, if i'm not mistaken making it health based with digestion damage over time would make easier.

for the second part, well sometimes it happens twice in a row but other than that it feels balanced to me
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:26 pm

If you sprint while running left, you can't jump. If you sprint while running right, you can. Which is the intended behavior?
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Persona59523 wrote:So can't download the game because chrome thinks it dangerous or something. Got anything to help with that?

This is likely due to chrome detecting it to be a file that has not been downloaded frequently and is by an unknown publisher - there should be an option to click "advanced settings" or something similar and choose download anyway. Promise there are no viruses!

Zbeubyx wrote:
for the making edible enemy part how about scaling it with HP? since samus' health works with HP it could be done the same way for enemys, if i'm not mistaken making it health based with digestion damage over time would make easier.

for the second part, well sometimes it happens twice in a row but other than that it feels balanced to me

I'm not quite sure I get what you mean, could you describe it another way?

Ziedine wrote:I have found 1 bug when i click in enter (digestion) and I run when she digests it remains in permanent digestion

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F36C850

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug myself, how exactly did it happen for you? And were you able to get it to happen again if you tried?

Shugoki wrote:If you sprint while running left, you can't jump. If you sprint while running right, you can. Which is the intended behavior?

I noticed this when I switched computers that I was developing the game on - at first I thought I'd somehow broken it, but I figured out it's actually strangely enough an issue with the keyboards - I upgraded mine to one with more anti-ghosting which now has no problem sprint jumping to the left, so I imagine that must be your issue. I also found though that this is also due to the alt key being the sprint key - even on the older keyboard it worked if I changed the sprint key, so next update I'll be sure to add in another key to trigger sprinting for those who have this issue.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:33 pm

I meant to give every enemy a set amount of HP they’d lose while being in the player’s stomach, and once they hit 0 HP we’re free to start digestion (or absorption) , I don’t code so I don’t know if it would actually help making new enemies edible easier or not, I’m making this suggestion in case it does makes things easier
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Zbeubyx wrote:I meant to give every enemy a set amount of HP they’d lose while being in the player’s stomach, and once they hit 0 HP we’re free to start digestion (or absorption) , I don’t code so I don’t know if it would actually help making new enemies edible easier or not, I’m making this suggestion in case it does makes things easier

Ahh gotcha! It wouldn't be easier in terms of code but I do like the take on it, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby EddyS » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:50 pm

So I just played your game to the finish and I must say this exceeded my expectations in a very good way. I loved the game, although as you can see by the length of this reply I do have a few things to say.
I'm gonna put my thoughts into 2 short segments: Pros and Cons.

Pros:
1. Really good animations so far. It feels smooth to play as Samus and in general it looks really good for a first release.

2. Gameplay is decently challenging, especially the missile launchers. Such a shame you can't eat them, would be cool if they took 2 spaces instead of 1.

Cons:
1. I encountered one strange mechanic which was that when I was carrying 1 prey, the struggle mechanic happens WAYY too often. It once occurred 3 times in a row within like 10 seconds with only 1 prey. Somehow when I had 2 prey the struggling mechanic occurred less frequently than when I had 1 prey. I think the RNG is messed up for the struggling mechanic, you should make it so that 1 prey struggles less often than 2 prey.

2. This is a subjective con, but if this game is supposed to be same size vore, I personally think Samus' belly should be bigger for each prey she swallows. The way I see it, the 1 prey belly should be the same size as Samus' upper body. I usually use that as a reference.
You don't have to fix this since it only really bothers me slightly and it's probably an insane amount of work to have to rework the size of the belly sizes again. But if you have nothing else to do you could do this if possible (and if you're willing to ofc), otherwise just work on expanding the game I'd say, i.e. adding new enemies, more mechanics and more challenging levels... etc.

Also I have a few suggestions, so I'll type them here below:

Suggestions:

You could add icons for each status effect that's active. Currently I think there's no way to know that you have indigestion so having an icon to know when you have indigestion would be extremely useful. Also if you plan to add more status effects like indigestion in the future, making an icon to show when the status effect is active is a good thing to keep in mind.

2. You could add more sounds for things like detection, i.e. when an enemy spots you, maybe also when an enemy loses sight of you. I think it'd would make the gameplay more immersive and interactive.

3. You could make the health packs even scarcer than they already are to make the gameplay a little more challenging. That way you are encouraged to swallow enemies for HP rather than getting an HP pack to heal yourself to full HP.

And yeah that's about it for my reply. I'm really looking forward to future updates of this game. I wish you good luck and a bright future with this game :-D
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:So I just played your game to the finish and I must say this exceeded my expectations in a very good way. I loved the game, although as you can see by the length of this reply I do have a few things to say.
I'm gonna put my thoughts into 2 short segments: Pros and Cons.

Pros:
1. Really good animations so far. It feels smooth to play as Samus and in general it looks really good for a first release.

2. Gameplay is decently challenging, especially the missile launchers. Such a shame you can't eat them, would be cool if they took 2 spaces instead of 1.

Cons:
1. I encountered one strange mechanic which was that when I was carrying 1 prey, the struggle mechanic happens WAYY too often. It once occurred 3 times in a row within like 10 seconds with only 1 prey. Somehow when I had 2 prey the struggling mechanic occurred less frequently than when I had 1 prey. I think the RNG is messed up for the struggling mechanic, you should make it so that 1 prey struggles less often than 2 prey.

2. This is a subjective con, but if this game is supposed to be same size vore, I personally think Samus' belly should be bigger for each prey she swallows. The way I see it, the 1 prey belly should be the same size as Samus' upper body. I usually use that as a reference.
You don't have to fix this since it only really bothers me slightly and it's probably an insane amount of work to have to rework the size of the belly sizes again. But if you have nothing else to do you could do this if possible (and if you're willing to ofc), otherwise just work on expanding the game I'd say, i.e. adding new enemies, more mechanics and more challenging levels... etc.

Also I have a few suggestions, so I'll type them here below:

Suggestions:

You could add icons for each status effect that's active. Currently I think there's no way to know that you have indigestion so having an icon to know when you have indigestion would be extremely useful. Also if you plan to add more status effects like indigestion in the future, making an icon to show when the status effect is active is a good thing to keep in mind.

2. You could add more sounds for things like detection, i.e. when an enemy spots you, maybe also when an enemy loses sight of you. I think it'd would make the gameplay more immersive and interactive.

3. You could make the health packs even scarcer than they already are to make the gameplay a little more challenging. That way you are encouraged to swallow enemies for HP rather than getting an HP pack to heal yourself to full HP.

And yeah that's about it for my reply. I'm really looking forward to future updates of this game. I wish you good luck and a bright future with this game :-D

Thanks so much for the feedback!!

First about the indigestion - any time you're rendered immobile (besides from starting or finishing digestion) is actually indigestion, any struggling that happens is just animation and doesn't interrupt control (minor point but just wanted to clarify!)

As far as how often it happens, it actually DOES have a lower chance to happen with only one prey, but rng is truly a cruel mistress XD. That being said, I do agree it's rather frustrating when it happens multiple times in a row the way it can - I'll need to see about at least adding a sort of cool down to it to keep it from happening multiple times, and probably tweak the odds of it happening in general.

About the belly size, I actually agree with you - the reason I made it a bit smaller than it probably would be was since I planned to make 3 and probably 4 prey possible, and wanted to have room to grow (literally), especially as those larger belly sizes can start to be problematic for keeping animated while the player can still move/shoot/crouch and etc. I already felt like I was getting close to the size limit for 2 prey since I'm working with 128x128 size sprites, but I may be able to work around this more in the future.

I like the idea of icons for status effects! I'd like to have a lot more polish and detail in the bud/levels in general, including an "alertness" level showing how alert enemies in the area are and further detail.

I'm super glad you enjoyed the game though!! Especially with the animations, my skill as an artist has always mostly been a bit sub par or maybe par at best. I've always loved vore games that don't skimp on having more detailed animations/visuals though and really wanted to push for that with my own, so hearing that people like them is awesome! :D
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby EddyS » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:34 pm

firebolt2526 wrote: About the belly size, I actually agree with you - the reason I made it a bit smaller than it probably would be was since I planned to make 3 and probably 4 prey possible, and wanted to have room to grow (literally), especially as those larger belly sizes can start to be problematic for keeping animated while the player can still move/shoot/crouch and etc. I already felt like I was getting close to the size limit for 2 prey since I'm working with 128x128 size sprites, but I may be able to work around this more in the future.

I think you can work around the belly size:
You could make swallowing enemies even more risky than it already is. So when you swallow the 3rd prey you're almost immobile i.e. you move incredibly slow and you can't jump, but you can still shoot and crouch although you wouldn't be able to move when crouching (so in a way Samus would just sit if you crouched). The 4th prey would make you completely immobile (besides maybe being able to crouch/sit), but at the same time it'd be animated to show the struggling and stuff like that. This way the game would be really challenging to play because voring the enemies is a double-edged sword: You'd have to really think about if you want to swallow a 3rd prey or a 4th prey since you could die from it, but since you'd be increasing the risk of voring enemies you'd have to also increase the reward. I would make vore restore more HP if it were this risky and maybe some other temporary status effect for managing to digest 3-4 enemies, like a damage bonus or speed bonus, something like that.

But I'll leave that decision up to you. Thanks for the reply and thanks for making this game. Once again I'm really looking forward to see future updates. Good luck :-D!
EddyS
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:03 am

Out of all the games I've looked into on this website, this one might be my favorite. I have not encountered any glitches, and all enemies are decently difficult to face. That being said, I think most of us agree that if the player is going to prey, than I do not want to meet a single enemy in the game that cannot be eaten. What I'm saying is if we need to pick up abilities and upgrades to gobble up more incredible enemies, then I'm super okay and excited for that.

I'm not an animator, but I might have a few ideas:
- A ranged grapple that pulls enemies, items, and projectiles into Samus' maw.
- A sphere mode that when standing still, acts like Snake's cardboard box with a sneak attack.
- A dash attack that can gobble multiple enemies BUT must be used with an empty stomach and after eating them completely immobilizes the player (Samus lies on a bean bag belly) depletes stamina, and Samus must digest them completely before she is able to move again.
- If it is not too much to ask, can we get some emotes in the game? Being able to manually have Samus belch may be trivial, but it would be fun (recall South Park: The Fractured But Whole where the player can fart at any time; kind of like that), oh and when the stomach is empty, her tummy rumbles hungrily.
daeway
Participator

Postby Ayra42 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:53 pm

daeway wrote:Out of all the games I've looked into on this website, this one might be my favorite. I have not encountered any glitches, and all enemies are decently difficult to face. That being said, I think most of us agree that if the player is going to prey, than I do not want to meet a single enemy in the game that cannot be eaten. What I'm saying is if we need to pick up abilities and upgrades to gobble up more incredible enemies, then I'm super okay and excited for that.

- A sphere mode that when standing still, acts like Snake's cardboard box with a sneak attack.
- A dash attack that can gobble multiple enemies BUT must be used with an empty stomach and after eating them completely immobilizes the player (Samus lies on a bean bag belly) depletes stamina, and Samus must digest them completely before she is able to move again.
- If it is not too much to ask, can we get some emotes in the game? Being able to manually have Samus belch may be trivial, but it would be fun (recall South Park: The Fractured But Whole where the player can fart at any time; kind of like that), oh and when the stomach is empty, her tummy rumbles hungrily.

I for one agree with you’ve just said
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby Circle0Trick » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm

mechanics and gameplay are SOLID. Very nice.
Thank you for posting
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:34 pm

daeway wrote:Out of all the games I've looked into on this website, this one might be my favorite. I have not encountered any glitches, and all enemies are decently difficult to face. That being said, I think most of us agree that if the player is going to prey, than I do not want to meet a single enemy in the game that cannot be eaten. What I'm saying is if we need to pick up abilities and upgrades to gobble up more incredible enemies, then I'm super okay and excited for that.

I also agree with this, being able to play with your belly or burping would be a very welcome addition to the game, as it sits for me the gameplay is very fine where it is. Another thing from a different post about the 3-4 prey and being immobile and stuff, a good reward there could be if you manage to reach max capacity and digest them all you could have some form of permanent growth? (IE. bigger breasts/butt/belly) I know that leads to more sprite work which could be taxing, but its something that came to mind.
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonno » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Can I see the spritesheet for this game?
Anonno
Somewhat familiar

Postby kongpow » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Nice job on this, I'll be looking forward to future updates!
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:09 am

Do you have any guidelines for people interested in developing sprites? Like what resolution do you want or what animation sets you need for potential enemies/objects/alternative player characters or if anything has to be a certain number of frames?
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby GoldenKuji » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 am

For guidelines, the resolution should be 128x128, especially for the animations.
There's lots of animation sets involved: walking, attacking, idle, alert, jumping, hitstun, etc.
Also, it might be worth it having some sort of set up to draw the animations by hand instead of by mouse...
GoldenKuji
New to the forum

Postby lurker474 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:15 am

Just found this thanks to GoldenKuji's latest art and I've got to say I'm very impressed by this! Great work so far!
lurker474
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game