2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:38 am

Hi, got a minor suggestion.

When you do the manual or active digest, can the animation lock near the end so people don’t accidentally reset the animation if we don’t hold shift for long enough? I got near the end where I thought it was over with a few times and let go, only to have to restart from the beginning. I was thinking a good spot would be after she slaps her gut, or maybe just at the half way point, where it will restart for the people who accidentally hit the button but long enough for the people who actually want to perform the function?

Also, I was considering two things that I feel should be shared.

To sort of tie the “rage” powerup and the upgrade system together, I was considering that maybe the powerup will be a temporary bypass to the top upgrades and then some. Hypothetically, imagine that the stock stomach capacity is 2, and the max you can upgrade to is 4 as well as varying other perks like eating a missile bot or a mech is a later perk, or passive digest doesn’t have a burp, or certain vore abilities or enhancements are available later. Well, when you activate the powerup, you get access to those as well as perks like immediate digestion, damage boss enemies, faster healing, etc. it may be an interesting way to tease later upgrades while also being a unique mechanic.

Secondly, I had an idea when I was caught in a rough spot with a missile bot and a guard on me, and I had an idea that may be interesting as an ability. Think of it like a kirby style blowjob ability. Assuming a sort of special ability and energy function is added into the game, then once you unlock/ upgrade this, you have an ability that acts as a “super swallow” that bypasses stamina but at the cost of energy. Instead of just protecting the top half of her body in front of her, Samus opens her mouth and causes a whirlwind/ blackhole that will suck in anything that she can swallow for 2 seconds that gets in contact with her front before eating it. So, say you had two guards on you with an empty stomach and 100 rockets in flight, you could back yourself into a corner and activate it and absorb the two pursuers as well as all of the rockets that hit in the 2 seconds.

Consequences could be 1. Sound, its not a stealth option. 2, that trying to suck up too much (an enemy you cant eat like a robot without edible robots perk, a enemy that is too big, or 3 guards when your max is 2) will cause you to puke them out or be stunned. And 3, it immediately causes indigestion afterwards.

You probably have more than enough to do already, but i just wanted to share in the event that it is helpful.
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby daeway » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:13 am

Eating the Drake would be a treat. Imagine this, Mia (the badass heroine of the game) swallows up the Drake and lies on top of a bean bag belly. She's totally relaxed as the Drake punches about in the fleshy prison, and Mia can passively keep the beast in her belly; maybe the tail pokes out and she just gulps it back down. The idea is to have a sense of triumph and feel powerful; something that is very rare on this website what with all the games being more about the prey content.
Image
User avatar
daeway
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:48 am

Whisper92 wrote:...I got near the end where I thought it was over with a few times and let go, only to have to restart from the beginning. I was thinking a good spot would be after she slaps her gut, or maybe just at the half way point, where it will restart for the people who accidentally hit the button but long enough for the people who actually want to perform the function?...
Had the same problem and thought about this as well but this has been address.
DraconicSyntax wrote:- I was thinking the same thing about manual digestion a bit before releasing the update - however, again with the rework to the vore system, I may actually keep it at about the length it is for balance purposes (or I may still shorten it - will have to see how things come together).


Whisper92 wrote:...To sort of tie the “rage” powerup and the upgrade system together, I was considering that maybe the powerup will be a temporary bypass to the top upgrades and then some... it may be an interesting way to tease later upgrades while also being a unique mechanic.
You saying each level should have it's own gimmick?

daeway wrote:Eating the Drake would be a treat. Imagine this, Mia (the badass heroine of the game) swallows up the Drake and lies on top of a bean bag belly. She's totally relaxed as the Drake punches about in the fleshy prison, and Mia can passively keep the beast in her belly; maybe the tail pokes out and she just gulps it back down. The idea is to have a sense of triumph and feel powerful; something that is very rare on this website what with all the games being more about the prey content.
Yep unfortunately there seems to be more of a tilt toward prey games then preds which is why this game attracted my attention so much. Also for the drake there can be a build up to first meeting it like the early levels in which we see it blocked off with no route to it. ( It can also help fill in areas with large amount of walls in them.)
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry Banana Boat, me boomer no have skill to use fancy html.

“ You saying each level should have it's own gimmick?”

I’m sorry, what do you mean by that? I was trying to talk about a hypothetical upgrade system and a powerup that will let you go full power+ for a few seconds. Would you mind clarifying what you meant?
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Sorry Banana Boat, me boomer no have skill to use fancy html.

“ You saying each level should have it's own gimmick?”

I’m sorry, what do you mean by that? I was trying to talk about a hypothetical upgrade system and a powerup that will let you go full power+ for a few seconds. Would you mind clarifying what you meant?

Level with their own gimmicks or level gimmicks are a term when in a game with defined actions and playsets has a section of a level or the level itself suddenly introduces a new way to play that you learn and use through out that section but it never becomes a part of your arsenal and may never reappear outside that level again. EX: A forest lvl where you mainly jump across gaps and enemies suddenly has you come across a area block off by damaging thorns. You then quickly learn about burning the dry branches with fire to cross that section and may never be used again later on or even in that same lvl.
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
Whisper92 wrote:Sorry Banana Boat, me boomer no have skill to use fancy html.

“ You saying each level should have it's own gimmick?”

I’m sorry, what do you mean by that? I was trying to talk about a hypothetical upgrade system and a powerup that will let you go full power+ for a few seconds. Would you mind clarifying what you meant?

Level with their own gimmicks or level gimmicks are a term when in a game with defined actions and playsets has a section of a level or the level itself suddenly introduces a new way to play that you learn and use through out that section but it never becomes a part of your arsenal and may never reappear outside that level again. EX: A forest lvl where you mainly jump across gaps and enemies suddenly has you come across a area block off by damaging thorns. You then quickly learn about burning the dry branches with fire to cross that section and may never be used again later on or even in that same lvl.



No, not really. That sounds like a pain in the ass. I mean, boss fights and the leadup for sure, but not to that extent.
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Ah ya makes sense, but it sound more down the line stuff ATM unless DraconicSyntax finds some more coding help. (which sadly I can't do otherwise I would have offered.)
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Yeah, i too wish I could be more helpful, but I cant do so directly. I know that it comes off as annoying or just pie in the sky wishful thinking, but I’ve found that as a creator, you can find inspiration in unusual places and sometimes you may find the solution to something before you even knew you had a problem. I have no expectation to be taken seriously (my last interaction with an indie dev was a complete twat) but i feel that sharing an idea may be useful.

Being honest, this is a fetish game, but the way I see it, this could be pretty great as long as people remember the “game” part instead of focusing on the fetish.
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Hi, got a minor suggestion.

When you do the manual or active digest, can the animation lock near the end so people don’t accidentally reset the animation if we don’t hold shift for long enough? I got near the end where I thought it was over with a few times and let go, only to have to restart from the beginning. I was thinking a good spot would be after she slaps her gut, or maybe just at the half way point, where it will restart for the people who accidentally hit the button but long enough for the people who actually want to perform the function?


Can do! I'll make a note of that.


Whisper92 wrote:To sort of tie the “rage” powerup and the upgrade system together, I was considering that maybe the powerup will be a temporary bypass to the top upgrades and then some. Hypothetically, imagine that the stock stomach capacity is 2, and the max you can upgrade to is 4 as well as varying other perks like eating a missile bot or a mech is a later perk, or passive digest doesn’t have a burp, or certain vore abilities or enhancements are available later. Well, when you activate the powerup, you get access to those as well as perks like immediate digestion, damage boss enemies, faster healing, etc. it may be an interesting way to tease later upgrades while also being a unique mechanic.


Plausible, however it would mean the rage ability wouldn't be added till much later when I actually have the other powerups for it to grant access to ready.

Whisper92 wrote:Secondly, I had an idea when I was caught in a rough spot with a missile bot and a guard on me, and I had an idea that may be interesting as an ability. Think of it like a kirby style blowjob ability. Assuming a sort of special ability and energy function is added into the game, then once you unlock/ upgrade this, you have an ability that acts as a “super swallow” that bypasses stamina but at the cost of energy. Instead of just protecting the top half of her body in front of her, Samus opens her mouth and causes a whirlwind/ blackhole that will suck in anything that she can swallow for 2 seconds that gets in contact with her front before eating it. So, say you had two guards on you with an empty stomach and 100 rockets in flight, you could back yourself into a corner and activate it and absorb the two pursuers as well as all of the rockets that hit in the 2 seconds.


Also plausible, I like the idea. Another thing for The List.

daeway wrote:Eating the Drake would be a treat. Imagine this, Mia (the badass heroine of the game) swallows up the Drake and lies on top of a bean bag belly. She's totally relaxed as the Drake punches about in the fleshy prison, and Mia can passively keep the beast in her belly; maybe the tail pokes out and she just gulps it back down. The idea is to have a sense of triumph and feel powerful; something that is very rare on this website what with all the games being more about the prey content.


That was always my issue with most the games here - the ones that focus on pred perspective or gameplay are very few and far between, and prey games often times don't get to have as substantial gameplay because being "prey" is sort of the lose condition for most games, so you have to lose to enjoy the vore aspect of the game.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Ah ya makes sense, but it sound more down the line stuff ATM unless DraconicSyntax finds some more coding help. (which sadly I can't do otherwise I would have offered.)

Whisper92 wrote:Yeah, i too wish I could be more helpful, but I cant do so directly. I know that it comes off as annoying or just pie in the sky wishful thinking, but I’ve found that as a creator, you can find inspiration in unusual places and sometimes you may find the solution to something before you even knew you had a problem. I have no expectation to be taken seriously (my last interaction with an indie dev was a complete twat) but i feel that sharing an idea may be useful.

Being honest, this is a fetish game, but the way I see it, this could be pretty great as long as people remember the “game” part instead of focusing on the fetish.


Appreciate the sentiment still! Surprisingly the coding is actually not something I need extra help for - a lot of the new systems, features, and reworks I have planned I've already written the pseudo-code for and have simple enough systems for me to handle, it's just the fact that before pretty much any coding can be done, there are always more sprites that are needed first. Thus far my time spent on this game has been about 4:1 in terms of time spent on art assets vs time spent coding and bug fixing, and even with everything planned it's still looking to be 3:1 even after I've completed the main player sprites needed for next update. Sooner or later though, I'm planning on opening a donation pool so I can pay past artists for their help and hire future artists hopefully, which would help speed updates much more.

On a side note, I'm really excited for the player sprite update! I think you'll all enjoy it a lot, the new sprites are such a huge improvement over the old in so many ways.
User avatar
DraconicSyntax
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Ah shit, fucking reply didn’t work. Ill retry.

“ Plausible, however it would mean the rage ability wouldn't be added till much later when I actually have the other powerups for it to grant access to ready.”

Maybe you could add in the general rage mechanics or attributes for us to test and then add in the enhanced abilities later?


“ Thus far my time spent on this game has been about 4:1 in terms of time spent on art assets”

Interesting, but I can see why it would take so long being that everything is hand drawn.


“ the ones that focus on pred perspective or gameplay are very few and far between, ”

Personally, I see most games like this are just interactive flash animations, which i think are just a waste of time. I like your project because theres an actual game to it as well as suiting my fancy.

I look forward to further updates.
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:50 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Ah shit, fucking reply didn’t work. Ill retry.

“ Plausible, however it would mean the rage ability wouldn't be added till much later when I actually have the other powerups for it to grant access to ready.”

Maybe you could add in the general rage mechanics or attributes for us to test and then add in the enhanced abilities later?


“ Thus far my time spent on this game has been about 4:1 in terms of time spent on art assets”

Interesting, but I can see why it would take so long being that everything is hand drawn.


“ the ones that focus on pred perspective or gameplay are very few and far between, ”

Personally, I see most games like this are just interactive flash animations, which i think are just a waste of time. I like your project because theres an actual game to it as well as suiting my fancy.

I look forward to further updates.


I'll look into the rage stuff when I get the chance, we'll have to see. Yeah though, can't use any animation interpolation with pixel art so everything has to be done manually haha.
I did enjoy a decent number of the flash interactives, but given flash will be unusable in 4 days yeah making anything in it now would unfortunately be a waste of time. I do agree though that I've always enjoyed vore games that have more actual game worked into them, like Echidna Wars or FUbN or even the devourment mods. Puts a lot more appeal into them beyond just the visuals you get.

Oh also, if you click the quote button on the top right of someone's comment, it'll get everything ready for you syntactically! If you want to only quote specific parts of the comment, you just need to move around those bracketed /quotes around what you want to quote (quote username first, /quote last for each section of quote).
User avatar
DraconicSyntax
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby EngilbertSig3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Hey again. There hasn't been any reply here in 2 weeks, so I wanted to ask you a question I've had burning in my mind for a bit. This question is an ambitious one, but would you be willing to share one 2 prey sprite with us? I know you literally just started working on them recently, but if you have anything at all that you're willing to share then I'm super excited to see what you have so far. If not, then I'm totally fine with that. I'm very patient, I can wait until the update comes out.
EngilbertSig3
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:02 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Hey again. There hasn't been any reply here in 2 weeks, so I wanted to ask you a question I've had burning in my mind for a bit. This question is an ambitious one, but would you be willing to share one 2 prey sprite with us? I know you literally just started working on them recently, but if you have anything at all that you're willing to share then I'm super excited to see what you have so far. If not, then I'm totally fine with that. I'm very patient, I can wait until the update comes out.



NO! Make us wait and the payoff will be greater!




I’m mainly kidding, but in the same vein, i am wondering if you have a rough date planned for the next update?
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Whisper92 wrote:
EngilbertSig3 wrote:Hey again. There hasn't been any reply here in 2 weeks, so I wanted to ask you a question I've had burning in my mind for a bit. This question is an ambitious one, but would you be willing to share one 2 prey sprite with us? I know you literally just started working on them recently, but if you have anything at all that you're willing to share then I'm super excited to see what you have so far. If not, then I'm totally fine with that. I'm very patient, I can wait until the update comes out.



NO! Make us wait and the payoff will be greater!




I’m mainly kidding, but in the same vein, i am wondering if you have a rough date planned for the next update?


When I updated the post saying I was now working on the 2 prey sprites, I realized shortly after I still had to do the manual digest animation, so I haven't technically started on the 2 prey sprites yet :silly:

Currently I'm also in the process of moving back to uni, so it'll be another day or so before I can get back to work, but things have otherwise been going well! Originally I was largely going to be copying my original sprites mostly frame for frame, just improving/cleaning up the actual character model itself and making the belly size adjustments, but it quickly evolved into more than that, such that I'm effectively remaking every animation from the ground up (though still loosely referencing the originals - some animations I have changed a little more though to make better sense with the new vore system, though the new vore system won't be coming out in the same update). The new animations are a hugeee improvement over the old in so many ways now though (at least in my own opinion), so I'd really love to show you all but at the same time I think it'll be fun to wait to see them all! There's roughly 3 times the number of unique frames per animation besides a few of the base ones that didn't need more - though even the run animation has twice the number of frames now, and actually looks like proper running! (And oh my god crawling looks natural now too instead of a like a cryptid pinwheeling around)

Considering I've gotten all the base animations done and can use the 1 prey animations as a base for the 2 prey anims, the rest should go generally quicker, then all I'll need to do is resync the sounds for the new animations and update the title screen and it'll be ready - assuming first few weeks of classes don't do me in, I'd say the update should be out before the end of the month most likely.
User avatar
DraconicSyntax
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby EngilbertSig3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:53 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:When I updated the post saying I was now working on the 2 prey sprites, I realized shortly after I still had to do the manual digest animation, so I haven't technically started on the 2 prey sprites yet :silly:

Currently I'm also in the process of moving back to uni, so it'll be another day or so before I can get back to work, but things have otherwise been going well! Originally I was largely going to be copying my original sprites mostly frame for frame, just improving/cleaning up the actual character model itself and making the belly size adjustments, but it quickly evolved into more than that, such that I'm effectively remaking every animation from the ground up (though still loosely referencing the originals - some animations I have changed a little more though to make better sense with the new vore system, though the new vore system won't be coming out in the same update). The new animations are a hugeee improvement over the old in so many ways now though (at least in my own opinion), so I'd really love to show you all but at the same time I think it'll be fun to wait to see them all! There's roughly 3 times the number of unique frames per animation besides a few of the base ones that didn't need more - though even the run animation has twice the number of frames now, and actually looks like proper running! (And oh my god crawling looks natural now too instead of a like a cryptid pinwheeling around)

Considering I've gotten all the base animations done and can use the 1 prey animations as a base for the 2 prey anims, the rest should go generally quicker, then all I'll need to do is resync the sounds for the new animations and update the title screen and it'll be ready - assuming first few weeks of classes don't do me in, I'd say the update should be out before the end of the month most likely.


Well alright. I was kinda hoping to see just one sprite of the 2 prey belly so we could see how big the 2 prey belly is... but if your decision is to make us wait until the update is out then so be it. I trust that you'll make the 2 prey belly big enough to meet my expectations.

I'm glad that everything's going so well for you and I'm surprised that the update is coming out so soon, I really thought it would come out in March-April so this is a pleasant surprise.

Good luck with the rest of the sprites,
EngilbertSig3
EngilbertSig3
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:55 pm

EngilbertSig3 wrote:Well alright. I was kinda hoping to see just one sprite of the 2 prey belly so we could see how big the 2 prey belly is... but if your decision is to make us wait until the update is out then so be it. I trust that you'll make the 2 prey belly big enough to meet my expectations.

I'm glad that everything's going so well for you and I'm surprised that the update is coming out so soon, I really thought it would come out in March-April so this is a pleasant surprise.

Good luck with the rest of the sprites,
EngilbertSig3



I'll see how they go when I start making them, and if I'm unsure about how they're looking I'll be sure to ask for some opinions here!

Yeah though, since break started I've been putting a good 6-10 hours daily on the sprites except for these past few - I'd been itching to start the new sprites for a good while while working on the previous update, and then shortly after I started these I just really wanted to be able to work on the new vore system/momentum/etc so I've been trying to get through them as quick as possible (while still making them look good).
User avatar
DraconicSyntax
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 pm

In case y'all wanna see the layers and frames that go into some of these new animations...
(this one is 77 frames, 73 of which are unique - in total 22 hours of work)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
User avatar
DraconicSyntax
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA v0.2.2

Postby Whisper92 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:In case y'all wanna see the layers and frames that go into some of these new animations...
(this one is 77 frames, 73 of which are unique - in total 22 hours of work)




I literally have no idea what this is, but i’m impressed.
Whisper92
New to the forum
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Previous

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alex960406, blueshadow, Bluetongue, clockwork3x, cr63121, deathsbane18, Dragonlord, gamer411, Go312on, greenknight98, GRimdaniel22, Hank97089, hellgirm, HighElder2277, hoshokuhime, InvalidArgument, jimothybarnes, Journeyman, mnbvpoiu, Noblet3mp, nolae77, oga760, pootis101, potatopops0324, PrismLaser, Reiko, Seption, Shadowlyger, SpuzzBunn