2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:40 pm

daeway wrote:Out of all the games I've looked into on this website, this one might be my favorite. I have not encountered any glitches, and all enemies are decently difficult to face. That being said, I think most of us agree that if the player is going to prey, than I do not want to meet a single enemy in the game that cannot be eaten. What I'm saying is if we need to pick up abilities and upgrades to gobble up more incredible enemies, then I'm super okay and excited for that.

I'm not an animator, but I might have a few ideas:
- A ranged grapple that pulls enemies, items, and projectiles into Samus' maw.
- A sphere mode that when standing still, acts like Snake's cardboard box with a sneak attack.
- A dash attack that can gobble multiple enemies BUT must be used with an empty stomach and after eating them completely immobilizes the player (Samus lies on a bean bag belly) depletes stamina, and Samus must digest them completely before she is able to move again.
- If it is not too much to ask, can we get some emotes in the game? Being able to manually have Samus belch may be trivial, but it would be fun (recall South Park: The Fractured But Whole where the player can fart at any time; kind of like that), oh and when the stomach is empty, her tummy rumbles hungrily.


Awesome to hear!! I'm glad you're enjoying it ;p
I will definitely keep these features in mind! I do also really enjoy the idea of having a taunt of sorts, why go to all the work of catching prey if you can't tease a bit?


kongpow wrote:Nice job on this, I'll be looking forward to future updates!


Thank you!! Love all the work you've put into devourment btw, that mod was my first real dip into vore games and I'd honestly go as far as to say it's what originally inspired me to make my own vore game like this.

Anonno wrote:Can I see the spritesheet for this game?


I don't actually have a full spritesheet - I've been putting them together in Aseprite and exporting them as seperate PNG images for import to Game Maker, so I've never had a reason to have them all collected on a typical sheet. I may see about putting one together though, would possibly be good as like a gallery option in game!

wetcardboardbox wrote:Do you have any guidelines for people interested in developing sprites? Like what resolution do you want or what animation sets you need for potential enemies/objects/alternative player characters or if anything has to be a certain number of frames?


I will see about editing the main post to include a sort of template for what I'd be looking for for sprites, but in general:
GoldenKuji wrote:For guidelines, the resolution should be 128x128, especially for the animations.
There's lots of animation sets involved: walking, attacking, idle, alert, jumping, hitstun, etc.
Also, it might be worth it having some sort of set up to draw the animations by hand instead of by mouse...

The biggest thing to note here is really the 128x128 size (though I may have large scale monster enemies bigger than this, most the enemies will be 128s). There are plenty of different overall sprites needed for each enemy, which again I'll try and include in the edit. Good news is there's really not any restrictions on how many frames the animations are - there are a couple that I'd have minimum numbers of frames for (mainly running, I try to use a good 8 frames for that to keep things looking smooth). Animations are hardly ever gonna be too long except for gameplay purposes perhaps!

lurker474 wrote:Just found this thanks to GoldenKuji's latest art and I've got to say I'm very impressed by this! Great work so far!

Glad you enjoy it!! GoldenKuji has done some great art I've seen and was a fantastic help in making the first main enemy :)
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Shugoki » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm

One thing that sorta messed with my head that I forgot to mention before: I didn't see anything mentioning how many prey you can eat at once. The limit SEEMS to be 2, and projectiles don't seem to expand your belly, but I'm not certain if I'm missing something or not.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
User avatar
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Shugoki wrote:One thing that sorta messed with my head that I forgot to mention before: I didn't see anything mentioning how many prey you can eat at once. The limit SEEMS to be 2, and projectiles don't seem to expand your belly, but I'm not certain if I'm missing something or not.


Yes, current limit is 2, and projectiles on their own won't expand your belly!
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Shugoki » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:53 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:
Shugoki wrote:One thing that sorta messed with my head that I forgot to mention before: I didn't see anything mentioning how many prey you can eat at once. The limit SEEMS to be 2, and projectiles don't seem to expand your belly, but I'm not certain if I'm missing something or not.


Yes, current limit is 2, and projectiles on their own won't expand your belly!


Thought so. Making the first area into a tutorial that explains this would probably make things clearer. Though, in true metroidvania fashion, I wonder if upgrades that let you eat more enemies would be feasible?
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
User avatar
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Shugoki wrote:
firebolt2526 wrote:
Shugoki wrote:One thing that sorta messed with my head that I forgot to mention before: I didn't see anything mentioning how many prey you can eat at once. The limit SEEMS to be 2, and projectiles don't seem to expand your belly, but I'm not certain if I'm missing something or not.


Yes, current limit is 2, and projectiles on their own won't expand your belly!


Thought so. Making the first area into a tutorial that explains this would probably make things clearer. Though, in true metroidvania fashion, I wonder if upgrades that let you eat more enemies would be feasible?


That's the plan! And yes, a more proper tutorial is something I'm looking to add as well.
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Shugoki » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:34 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:That's the plan! And yes, a more proper tutorial is something I'm looking to add as well.


Image
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
User avatar
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 am

My first thought was pretty much: "Hey, those enemies look like stabby Haydees." I likey. Just downloaded the game, about to try it out at last!
k thanks for reading something I said
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Whilikers » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:09 am

This looks amazing, how did I first find this now?
Whilikers
New to the forum
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 3:37 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am

Hm!
Gives me an 'Evolved FUbN' looking at the screenies.
User avatar
Ryan-Drakel
---
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:20 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Hm!
Gives me an 'Evolved FUbN' looking at the screenies.


I did draw a bit of inspiration from that game admittedly!
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:36 pm

As requested, I've gotten all the player sprites finally compiled into a single viewable sheet now for those interested!
Attachments
Full spritesheet.png
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Jed » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Hiya, I found out about this game through the sprite post.

I am having one major issue with the game, before I even played it:

The game is not Mac compatible.

I kinda expected this, but held out my hopes. Any plans to make the game Mac compatible later down the line, or even just a Mac version?
Jed
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 am

Jed wrote:Hiya, I found out about this game through the sprite post.

I am having one major issue with the game, before I even played it:

The game is not Mac compatible.

I kinda expected this, but held out my hopes. Any plans to make the game Mac compatible later down the line, or even just a Mac version?


Ah, thanks for pointing this out!

The license I have for my engine actually allows me to build the game for Mac as well, so I believe making a Mac version should be as simple as changing some build settings, but I'll have to check to be sure. I'll try and get that figured out soon though!
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby pichu534 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Does anybody have an estimation as to when 0.2 will come out? I'm really excited to see more of this game!
pichu534
New to the forum
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby pichu534 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Is this game still being developed, or has it stopped?
pichu534
New to the forum
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Enteresting » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:20 pm

pichu534 wrote:Is this game still being developed, or has it stopped?


As far as I know it's still going. Making a Spritesheet and then working it into the game is pretty challenging.
Enteresting
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:48 pm

pichu534 wrote:Is this game still being developed, or has it stopped?


Yep, still being developed, just slow work!
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Been shadowing this site for years now and this game has finally convinced me to join just so I can give my review because I like where this is going.

Likes:
-The sprites are fine, nice detail and clean movement
-The field of view is good, horizontally you can see far enough ahead and have enough time to react. Vertically not as much and seeing how different heights effect your movement options maybe you could make the game screen into a box, give all sides the same distance?
-After auto digestion finishes and Samus burps out bones they can collide with a drone and knock it back a bit and freeze it for a second or so before chasing again. That's supposed to happen? Keep it, kind of funny and might be useful if the player gets cornered. Also the bone will go through laser walls as well.
-I like how you can shoot through laser walls but neither missiles or drones can get through. Probably can use that as a future level mechanic later on.
-Like when you're on the same floor as the missile bots they will walk closer to fire there will be a window to quickly kneel and shoot between the missiles to damage it before eating the missiles and repeating.

Observations:
-On Samus's idle frame I feel her back foot should be on the same pixel level as the front foot as right now it looks as if her back foot is clipping through the floor she’s standing on.
-It's a shame that even crawling behind unalerted drones Samus is still spotted before she can get close enough for a stealth devour. I hope that’s possible because it plays into the stealth aspect more.
-Regarding the drone’s grabbed boxes: In the alerted/chase phase, standing on the same platform the grabbed box and the grabbed range is fine and their attack frames I can understand that you take damage from all sides, (unless Samus is in her invincible frame where she can eat them). Some frames feel like they have no grabbed box such as their falling state and when you get the jump on them by falling on their heads regardless of their alert state you can't eat them. (I tried jumping onto them while pressing eat in their unalert and alerted states and even if I aligned perfectly I never ate them. Tried a few different times for them to fall into Samus’s mouth only for them to hit the floor and revert to their chase state before I could eat them.) :oops: Nvm mind I now noticed Samus doesn't have a falling devour frame so that’s probably why, though I noticed that if you were underneath a falling drone and pressed eat without moving they still weren’t eaten till the eat button was pressed again.
-Noticed if Samus and a drone fall and they are next to the wall the drone might lightly clip into the wall and act like they are on a platform and stay there. Getting them to chase you seems to fix this as they fall onto the next platform.
-No indication that we could double jump so put that in the training lvl/intro lvl for new players.
-I got 3 drones to fall in the first pit of the level and they couldn't get out so I couldn’t finish eating them before being interrupted and had to leave them. Just a head up for future lvl design.
-Regarding the bone burp thing, the drone that was hit changed back to its unalerted frame for the time it was frozen but still was in its chase phase after recovering.
-If an enemy falls onto a laser it doesn’t return to its starting point but it seems to be removed from the level. Just a heads up if you plan to put an eaten enemies counter.

Suggestions:
-Samus’s sprite, while it looks nice, is a bit small on screen to see her finer details. Maybe add a button to zoom in to see her animations better?
-I know you just flip her sprite for running left/right animations but do you think making separate side frames would be too much? Empty Samus doesn’t make no difference but when she has a belly her firing hand will be back hand while her front hand rubs her stomach or something?
-I tried to do a no capsule run for fun and it got me thinking, later on what about having a no health run hard mode type deal? What do you think about making the health capsule button interactive instead of touch to use? Hell you can even reuse the missile eating animation, making them a risk if you're being chased.
-Since we have a limited ammo count, maybe Samus could have a weak melee attack or combo that takes a sec to stun enemies and can only be used for when she's out of ammo.
-Earlier some suggested about enemies having health before their digested, if you do add enemy health that needs to be whittled away what about eating projectiles to help weaken those already eaten with diminishing returns the more Samus ate. (Ex: 1 enemy in the stomach gets 10 damage for every eaten missile, 2 enemies spread the damage to 5 and so on.)
-Thinking about the stealth mechanic, what if there’s a bonus to how fast you eat enemies by how alert they are? Like eating an alerted enemy is the same amount, devouring a surprised/noticed enemy before ! is gone, speed it up by a ⅓ ,and if you eat a unalerted foe they go down ½ faster?
-How about making prey with an alert phases have different colors? Maybe black when they are unalerted and turn blue when they notice you and then red when they chase.
-Both drones and Samus fall at the same speed even if she's stuffed with 1+ prey, any chance to change that?
-Hopefully future level designs will have sections that are crawl spaces. Would be a good way to do alt stealth routes.
-Think it's possible to have a button to move the screen a bit further up,down, left, or right while Samus stands still to scope out around her?

All in all a great concept so far and I'll be checking regularly to see how it goes.
Jumpingbananaboat
New to the forum
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby firebolt2526 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Been shadowing this site for years now and this game has finally convinced me to join just so I can give my review because I like where this is going.

Likes:
-The sprites are fine, nice detail and clean movement
-The field of view is good, horizontally you can see far enough ahead and have enough time to react. Vertically not as much and seeing how different heights effect your movement options maybe you could make the game screen into a box, give all sides the same distance?
-After auto digestion finishes and Samus burps out bones they can collide with a drone and knock it back a bit and freeze it for a second or so before chasing again. That's supposed to happen? Keep it, kind of funny and might be useful if the player gets cornered. Also the bone will go through laser walls as well.
-I like how you can shoot through laser walls but neither missiles or drones can get through. Probably can use that as a future level mechanic later on.
-Like when you're on the same floor as the missile bots they will walk closer to fire there will be a window to quickly kneel and shoot between the missiles to damage it before eating the missiles and repeating.

Observations:
-On Samus's idle frame I feel her back foot should be on the same pixel level as the front foot as right now it looks as if her back foot is clipping through the floor she’s standing on.
-It's a shame that even crawling behind unalerted drones Samus is still spotted before she can get close enough for a stealth devour. I hope that’s possible because it plays into the stealth aspect more.
-Regarding the drone’s grabbed boxes: In the alerted/chase phase, standing on the same platform the grabbed box and the grabbed range is fine and their attack frames I can understand that you take damage from all sides, (unless Samus is in her invincible frame where she can eat them). Some frames feel like they have no grabbed box such as their falling state and when you get the jump on them by falling on their heads regardless of their alert state you can't eat them. (I tried jumping onto them while pressing eat in their unalert and alerted states and even if I aligned perfectly I never ate them. Tried a few different times for them to fall into Samus’s mouth only for them to hit the floor and revert to their chase state before I could eat them.) :oops: Nvm mind I now noticed Samus doesn't have a falling devour frame so that’s probably why, though I noticed that if you were underneath a falling drone and pressed eat without moving they still weren’t eaten till the eat button was pressed again.
-Noticed if Samus and a drone fall and they are next to the wall the drone might lightly clip into the wall and act like they are on a platform and stay there. Getting them to chase you seems to fix this as they fall onto the next platform.
-No indication that we could double jump so put that in the training lvl/intro lvl for new players.
-I got 3 drones to fall in the first pit of the level and they couldn't get out so I couldn’t finish eating them before being interrupted and had to leave them. Just a head up for future lvl design.
-Regarding the bone burp thing, the drone that was hit changed back to its unalerted frame for the time it was frozen but still was in its chase phase after recovering.
-If an enemy falls onto a laser it doesn’t return to its starting point but it seems to be removed from the level. Just a heads up if you plan to put an eaten enemies counter.

Suggestions:
-Samus’s sprite, while it looks nice, is a bit small on screen to see her finer details. Maybe add a button to zoom in to see her animations better?
-I know you just flip her sprite for running left/right animations but do you think making separate side frames would be too much? Empty Samus doesn’t make no difference but when she has a belly her firing hand will be back hand while her front hand rubs her stomach or something?
-I tried to do a no capsule run for fun and it got me thinking, later on what about having a no health run hard mode type deal? What do you think about making the health capsule button interactive instead of touch to use? Hell you can even reuse the missile eating animation, making them a risk if you're being chased.
-Since we have a limited ammo count, maybe Samus could have a weak melee attack or combo that takes a sec to stun enemies and can only be used for when she's out of ammo.
-Earlier some suggested about enemies having health before their digested, if you do add enemy health that needs to be whittled away what about eating projectiles to help weaken those already eaten with diminishing returns the more Samus ate. (Ex: 1 enemy in the stomach gets 10 damage for every eaten missile, 2 enemies spread the damage to 5 and so on.)
-Thinking about the stealth mechanic, what if there’s a bonus to how fast you eat enemies by how alert they are? Like eating an alerted enemy is the same amount, devouring a surprised/noticed enemy before ! is gone, speed it up by a ⅓ ,and if you eat a unalerted foe they go down ½ faster?
-How about making prey with an alert phases have different colors? Maybe black when they are unalerted and turn blue when they notice you and then red when they chase.
-Both drones and Samus fall at the same speed even if she's stuffed with 1+ prey, any chance to change that?
-Hopefully future level designs will have sections that are crawl spaces. Would be a good way to do alt stealth routes.
-Think it's possible to have a button to move the screen a bit further up,down, left, or right while Samus stands still to scope out around her?

All in all a great concept so far and I'll be checking regularly to see how it goes.


Glad you enjoy it, and appreciate the feedback! Honestly there's a lot to unpack here (in a good way).

-The offset foot height was to originally give a more 2.5D experience to the game, but as that's not how I've organized ANY of the rest of it, I'll probably revert it to your suggestion, at least next time I do a good bit of work on the player sprites.
-True line-of-sight detection is next on my list for planned updates, which should help the stealth experience a lot - enemies won't be able to see you through walls, on different elevations, or if they're not facing you once I have this working.
-I actually never considered this, but having ways of either dropping on enemies (or them on you) to eat them sounds like a cool idea as well, I'll add it to my list for sure.
-There are still a few issues with enemies clipping into terrain, I believe I've already worked out a temp fix for the time being, but it'll still need a better one for later updates.
-A tutorial area will be planned as well, eventually!
-Yes, currently laser pits will outright kill most enemies currently - I considered them being replaced back on a ledge like the player is, but it's not a terribly simple matter and also felt weird gameplay-wise (not to mention they usually just immediately jump into the pit again).

-The zoom option would be rather nice, I'll try and have that in the very next update! I've battled with the game resolution and not breaking sprite sizes for so long though that I'm not entirely sure how likely it is I can get it working, but it *shouldn't* be too terrible.
-Having separate sprites between right/left would be nice, but something to consider much later down the line after larger more central features have been added.
-Making the capsules interactives instead would be a good idea, again something to keep in mind for a later update!
-Some kind of melee move is definitely planned as a powerup soon as ammo is limited, and likely the ability to eat every enemy at least with certain powerups.
-Having set health pools for enemies would be a neat feature, but there's a LOT that would have to go into the setup of something like that, not to mention trying to keep it properly tracked and bug free could be a nightmare. It is something I've thought about, but a very distant plan at the moment.
-Different speeds for eating less alert enemies I also like the idea of - there's a lot of fleshing out that can be done with the stealth system as a whole, which I plan on adding incrementally through updates.
-Different gravity for different levels of fullness would be cool and easy, but can change how a lot of platforming works since your jumps would be more limited. I'll experiment a bit with it and see what I can come up with!
-Crawl sections are definitely planned, just need to work out the code that prevents you from standing in crawl spaces as that currently gets the player permanently stuck in the walls :silly:

Thanks again for the feedback!
Give me another few years and I'll think of a decent signiture.
User avatar
firebolt2526
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby Tsuuuruya » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Yo!

In the long-term goals you said that one of your objectives is to incorporate enemy predators into the game that can eat the player, which sounds super exciting!
Will we be seeing any of that anytime soon?
User avatar
Tsuuuruya
New to the forum
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5256457, Alsnapz, ArgobargSoup, bellyfan7104, Black_Knight, bover5, Cpulewdvirus, Crid, Cyberneticous, dakkanub, jawswhite, Mab17, Netjak, PotatoFarmer, Psycho_wolvesbane, sithis, SludgeStrider, SnackPup, SomethingIncoherent, spartaa, TheMystique, theskorpionkid, Xeon55, xyk2ku