Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v8 out Oct 19th)

Postby Kavvanshrike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Have I mentioned that using honeyselect to make your own poses and characters was a great idea? Because it is and well done on all the effort it must have taken(and will continue to take) on getting nice weight gain for MC and other preds.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Voremora » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:46 pm

How do you active the large size for Manda? I see in the files there a third breast size where she's at the bar but I can't figure it out
Voremora
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 am

Voremora wrote:How do you active the large size for Manda? I see in the files there a third breast size where she's at the bar but I can't figure it out

The large size image is a leftover from earlier in development when I generated the images first and then wrote the scenes around them. For one reason or other I didn't write any scenes for Manda's third size at the bar as the game ends shortly after she digests you, so it's unused.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Kavvanshrike » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm

add manda's breasts to the faq. I think that's the third time its been asked? myself included
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:10 pm

So, the broken lock.
I'm not sure it's working like it's supposed to just yet. Or, I'm very sure it's not working like it's supposed to just yet.
Without a visual representation - which I don't how hard it be to implement, so I'll say nothing aside from this - I can't tell which number 'wheel' I'm working on. Sometimes it'll stay on the one I just changed, sometimes I'll tell it to move right one after a guess but it'll have reset and wind up on the same 'wheel', sometimes it won't move at all and I'll wind up accidentally trying the same combination again. Hell, sometimes I'll try spinning the first wheel three or four times consecutively (after moving it right then left, just to try to make sure I'm on the first dial) and I'll wind up with an entirely different number than last time, despite only hitting left and right once each.
The difficulty option is moot, because half the time whatever changes I'm trying to make are out of my hands.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 am

Draupnir7 wrote:So, the broken lock.
I'm not sure it's working like it's supposed to just yet. Or, I'm very sure it's not working like it's supposed to just yet.
Without a visual representation - which I don't how hard it be to implement, so I'll say nothing aside from this - I can't tell which number 'wheel' I'm working on. Sometimes it'll stay on the one I just changed, sometimes I'll tell it to move right one after a guess but it'll have reset and wind up on the same 'wheel', sometimes it won't move at all and I'll wind up accidentally trying the same combination again. Hell, sometimes I'll try spinning the first wheel three or four times consecutively (after moving it right then left, just to try to make sure I'm on the first dial) and I'll wind up with an entirely different number than last time, despite only hitting left and right once each.
The difficulty option is moot, because half the time whatever changes I'm trying to make are out of my hands.

Right, the lock puzzle. I do believe I should return to that puzzle and add some sort of graphical representation so that player's don't get stuck as easily. For now though, I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the puzzle works (or you can just boost your luck stat and use the cheat option on the puzzle): You aren't working on any one 'wheel' at any time, and each of the buttons control a different 'wheel' all on their own by ramping the note up in pitch before overflowing and returning to the deepest pitch note. The four-digit number representation is best observed as four 1-digit numbers in sequence. Hit a certain button, and you'll see the digit in the ones/tenth/hundredth/thousandths place tick up. Hit that same button again, and it will tick up again by one, unless it becomes greater than 9 in which case it will buffer down to 0 (or 1 in the case of the first note, as that's part of the programming logic behind the scenes). There is no moving left or right, you're just ticking different number places up.

Here's the original puzzle I based mine off of, if it gives any visual idea of how the puzzle should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBhCZgKbjE although in the case of my puzzle, the notes don't reset to their default after a failed attempt and they start in the middle pitch of sounds (represented by 5, or 5555).
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 am

I haven't run into any bugs while testing, just wanted to say that the player portrait getting curvier makes the game hit even better than it already did. I appreciate the work you do on this game both from the perspective of someone who wants more player-as-pred stuff as well as from a person who wants vore from someone who in general writes well. The dialogue in this game is really fun and the actual vore is wonderfully descriptive. Digestion itself is a little scanty, but I think that's more just based on the nature of the near-instant gurgling that happens in this.

Keep up the good work. I know making these things are a slog but as long as you keep putting them out I'm sure I'll keep enjoying them.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Klyen2000 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm not sure if this bug is already reported so I just gonna drop it:

At the beginning of the adventure the main character spawns in a cave where you have to grab for the orb in order to get further.
However I decided to go without it to the next room, of course the game wouldn't let me and put me back but unfortunetly I was then in the water next to the entry and stuck or on the grey wall with the dinosaur bones where I was able to go around but couln't get back to the ground to continue the adventure --> so also reload on that part.

That's all on bugs I could find, great game so far I really like it and if it's not to much work/trouble please put a visual screen for the harpy chest onto the player screen that would be a huge help =)
Klyen2000
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:42 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:Have I mentioned that using honeyselect to make your own poses and characters was a great idea? Because it is and well done on all the effort it must have taken(and will continue to take) on getting nice weight gain for MC and other preds.

Thank you! I originally picked up HoneySelect because I saw a Gif of a breast expansion sequence in the character creator. Then I realized it came with an animation studio, and now here I am. HS has it's flaws and skill barriers, sure, but at least it has more character variety at a whim than something like Source Film Maker where every other NSFW animation involves femscout or Ms. Pauline.

Reaverbot wrote:I haven't run into any bugs while testing, just wanted to say that the player portrait getting curvier makes the game hit even better than it already did. I appreciate the work you do on this game both from the perspective of someone who wants more player-as-pred stuff as well as from a person who wants vore from someone who in general writes well. The dialogue in this game is really fun and the actual vore is wonderfully descriptive. Digestion itself is a little scanty, but I think that's more just based on the nature of the near-instant gurgling that happens in this.

Keep up the good work. I know making these things are a slog but as long as you keep putting them out I'm sure I'll keep enjoying them.

Thank you! I know the digestion scenes are a bit bland, and that's something that I'm kicking myself over as I went to the opposite extreme of Nyan Adventures where the digestion scenes were too long in my opinion, but I'm glad to hear that the rest of my writing is decent.

Klyen2000 wrote:I'm not sure if this bug is already reported so I just gonna drop it:

At the beginning of the adventure the main character spawns in a cave where you have to grab for the orb in order to get further.
However I decided to go without it to the next room, of course the game wouldn't let me and put me back but unfortunetly I was then in the water next to the entry and stuck or on the grey wall with the dinosaur bones where I was able to go around but couln't get back to the ground to continue the adventure --> so also reload on that part.

That's all on bugs I could find, great game so far I really like it and if it's not to much work/trouble please put a visual screen for the harpy chest onto the player screen that would be a huge help =)

Whoops, I recently expanded a couple of maps to fit the expanded 16x9 screen ratio, and I thought I adjusted all of the relevant events to make sure that player doesn't get moved to old coordinates, but it looks like I missed a few. I've made the bug fixes in my development version for that particular instance, and it will roll out with the next update when I get around to shipping more content. Thanks for finding that!
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Game is great so far, To be honest i see that i think your game is able to get to the point of Nyan Adventures easily with how almost everyone is edible barring a few exceptions.

As for you using HS its a interesting choice to say an i like it although as a ocd person sometimes i feel a bit eh about 3d models an shaders. otherwise it makes sence allows you to make many cense in a short amount of time its your own work an art so you can credit less peoine an more control over what you want.

As for the digestion sequences yeah the writing needs work but i like it as just like in nyan adventures or patchas question they take time an if you dont digest prey before the next it can ruind specieal sequences.

Keep up the awesome work.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 pm

GooInABox wrote:Right, the lock puzzle. I do believe I should return to that puzzle and add some sort of graphical representation so that player's don't get stuck as easily. For now though, I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the puzzle works (or you can just boost your luck stat and use the cheat option on the puzzle): You aren't working on any one 'wheel' at any time, and each of the buttons control a different 'wheel' all on their own by ramping the note up in pitch before overflowing and returning to the deepest pitch note. The four-digit number representation is best observed as four 1-digit numbers in sequence. Hit a certain button, and you'll see the digit in the ones/tenth/hundredth/thousandths place tick up. Hit that same button again, and it will tick up again by one, unless it becomes greater than 9 in which case it will buffer down to 0 (or 1 in the case of the first note, as that's part of the programming logic behind the scenes). There is no moving left or right, you're just ticking different number places up.

Here's the original puzzle I based mine off of, if it gives any visual idea of how the puzzle should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBhCZgKbjE although in the case of my puzzle, the notes don't reset to their default after a failed attempt and they start in the middle pitch of sounds (represented by 5, or 5555).

Aaahkay, got it. I read 'combination lock' and I wouldn't have guessed it'd be a... what, a compass-point pattern, would you call it? Bit of fiddling to work out which direction was which number and it didn't take any time at all. Thanks for the explanation.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby RBRD » Thu May 27, 2021 10:34 am

First of all, I congratulate you on the excellent game.
The number of alternatives and solutions for each scene, in addition to all kinds of different interactions, depending on who you met before, or who is with you, is fantastic.
I really loved it.

Second, I got to know your game thanks to the Journeyman list, just like some others.

Third, but not least, will Maybel have any interaction at the bar in the future?
RBRD
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Thu May 27, 2021 4:23 pm

RBRD wrote:First of all, I congratulate you on the excellent game.
The number of alternatives and solutions for each scene, in addition to all kinds of different interactions, depending on who you met before, or who is with you, is fantastic.
I really loved it.

Second, I got to know your game thanks to the Journeyman list, just like some others.

Third, but not least, will Maybel have any interaction at the bar in the future?

I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far! It's been something of a challenge to write in many of the different possible relevant variations a scene could have (it never made sense to me in RPGs when a scene acts like your followers don't exist), but I'm glad it's paid off.

For the list, I was going to wait until I got Chapter 1 out and the game (or at least the chapter) was out of Beta before I submitted it for the master list myself, but I guess someone beat me to the punch on that. No hard feelings on the submitter, I guess I'll just have to get off of my lazy bum and get Chapter 1 completed and out of Beta quicker so that the new influx of people that primarily obtain games from the list have a better first impression of Amalgamation.

As for Maybell, I think I've fully implemented her for Chapter 1. She might show up in Chapter 2, but I still don't have a solid plan of what all (or even most) of the scenes in Ch.2 will be like until I actually shift my main development focus out of Chapter 1 once I finish the objectives listed in the Roadmap. I guess we'll both find out, as Chapter 2 will have a bar in the new area.

---
And while I'm here, I'll go ahead and showcase my graphical solution for the harpy puzzle box that will come bundled with the next eventual update in the near future. It looks ugly, but it'll hopefully get the job done:
Spoiler: show
HarpyPuzzleUpdate.gif
(You may need to open the GIF in a new tab for it to play.)
GooInABox
Participator

Postby RBRD » Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm

GooInABox wrote:
RBRD wrote:First of all, I congratulate you on the excellent game.
I really loved it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far! It's been something of a challenge to write in many of the different possible relevant variations a scene could have (it never made sense to me in RPGs when a scene acts like your followers don't exist), but I'm glad it's paid off.

For the list, I was going to wait until I got Chapter 1 out and the game (or at least the chapter) was out of Beta before I submitted it for the master list myself, but I guess someone beat me to the punch on that. No hard feelings on the submitter, I guess I'll just have to get off of my lazy bum and get Chapter 1 completed and out of Beta quicker so that the new influx of people that primarily obtain games from the list have a better first impression of Amalgamation.

As for Maybell, I think I've fully implemented her for Chapter 1. She might show up in Chapter 2, but I still don't have a solid plan of what all (or even most) of the scenes in Ch.2 will be like until I actually shift my main development focus out of Chapter 1 once I finish the objectives listed in the Roadmap. I guess we'll both find out, as Chapter 2 will have a bar in the new area.

---
And while I'm here, I'll go ahead and showcase my graphical solution for the harpy puzzle box that will come bundled with the next eventual update in the near future. It looks ugly, but it'll hopefully get the job done:
Spoiler: show
HarpyPuzzleUpdate.gif
(You may need to open the GIF in a new tab for it to play.)

Understood.
The most important thing is to work at your own pace, in your own time.

Well, on the one hand, what a pity they burned the start, but on the other, how nice, or it would take longer to discover this game, haha.

I agree with you when you say that you find it strange that followers are ignored almost all the time, and that's a hell of a differentiator that your game has.
I like Lilith's comments, hehe.
RBRD
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sat May 29, 2021 2:59 am

Hi, I've tried downloading v9 but everytime I do, it closes the whole page and download before it can finish. Why?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Sat May 29, 2021 3:36 am

Souls6 wrote:Hi, I've tried downloading v9 but everytime I do, it closes the whole page and download before it can finish. Why?

I'm assuming you're attempting to download from the MEGA link? I've received a couple of complaints about that particular download service not working sometimes (it works for me, but I've got the dedicated MEGAsync desktop tool on my computer to assist with the download).

Have you also tried to download the game through the alternative MediaFire link here? As long as you close out whatever pop-up window the site gives you after you click the download button, it should probably work better than MEGA.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Adventurer2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:21 pm

I want to comment and say that I have enjoyed this game.

One thing that I have liked, is that unwilling isn't really all that unwilling. Everyone is mostly accepting when it happens.
Lilith is such a very fun and well written character.
In general the lore, story , and characters are great. There was a lot of thought put into this.

All the big breasted characters though was not personally my thing. As a result I ended up turning off all images. Thanks for providing that option. The game works fine with images turned off, except though for combat. It doesn't show the enemy characters in combat. So that much is a bug.

One question I have is if there is any future benefit planned for keeping some of the characters around. (I mean other then the obvious of Lilith and the witch at the tent, which the game made very clear had future roles.) I mean some decisions I made was keeping the blacksmith around, since if there will be a war it is good for the town to have a blacksmith. I didn't want to eat the town guard, since I don't want to leave the town defenseless. Not to mention some rich people would make good future friends.
Adventurer2
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:10 am

Adventurer2 wrote:I want to comment and say that I have enjoyed this game.

One thing that I have liked, is that unwilling isn't really all that unwilling. Everyone is mostly accepting when it happens.
Lilith is such a very fun and well written character.
In general the lore, story , and characters are great. There was a lot of thought put into this.

I'm glad that you've been enjoying the game!
Adventurer2 wrote:All the big breasted characters though was not personally my thing. As a result I ended up turning off all images. Thanks for providing that option. The game works fine with images turned off, except though for combat. It doesn't show the enemy characters in combat. So that much is a bug.

It's not so much a bug as it is a quick workaround. The full image censor works by running a script that constantly runs and erases any images that appear on screen almost instantly (which is probably extremely bad programming in terms of computer resource usage and reliability, but I digress). However, this script doesn't touch the battle actor images, so in order to keep those hidden as well I just fade out the screen and fade it back to normal after the battle is done. The GUI should still be usable while the screen is faded out, so it does its job of censoring the images with minimal impact on the rest of the game. There's probably a way for me to replace those images with something else in-game, but that would probably require a custom solution for each battle while I can just copy-and-paste the fade-in-fade-out solution for every battle with little to no customization needed between different battles.
Adventurer2 wrote:One question I have is if there is any future benefit planned for keeping some of the characters around. (I mean other then the obvious of Lilith and the witch at the tent, which the game made very clear had future roles.) I mean some decisions I made was keeping the blacksmith around, since if there will be a war it is good for the town to have a blacksmith. I didn't want to eat the town guard, since I don't want to leave the town defenseless. Not to mention some rich people would make good future friends.

I guess that depends on how the game progresses through the next chapters. A couple of characters will be planned to pop up between chapters if they're still around, so there's at least that reason to keep them around. Otherwise, we'll both have to wait and see what I do with my characters in chapter 2 and beyond.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Adventurer2 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 pm

GooInABox wrote:It's not so much a bug as it is a quick workaround. The full image censor works by running a script that constantly runs and erases any images that appear on screen almost instantly (which is probably extremely bad programming in terms of computer resource usage and reliability, but I digress). However, this script doesn't touch the battle actor images, so in order to keep those hidden as well I just fade out the screen and fade it back to normal after the battle is done. The GUI should still be usable while the screen is faded out, so it does its job of censoring the images with minimal impact on the rest of the game. There's probably a way for me to replace those images with something else in-game, but that would probably require a custom solution for each battle while I can just copy-and-paste the fade-in-fade-out solution for every battle with little to no customization needed between different battles.

This, I think is something you don't really need to worry about. You don't need to find workarounds for the combat images, you can just leave them in as normal. I mean I turned images off because those overly large breasted women were not my thing. But that doesn't mean they need to be eliminated everywhere, just where it was quick and practical. Seeing the large breasted fairy in the battle where you duel her for example will be fine. No need to do work arounds for that. Being a Fetish game, we can just mentally gloss over the things we don't like.

But One setting I would like (but only if it is easy for you) is the ability to turn off weight gain for the main character.
Adventurer2
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:40 pm

Adventurer2 wrote:This, I think is something you don't really need to worry about. You don't need to find workarounds for the combat images, you can just leave them in as normal. I mean I turned images off because those overly large breasted women were not my thing. But that doesn't mean they need to be eliminated everywhere, just where it was quick and practical. Seeing the large breasted fairy in the battle where you duel her for example will be fine. No need to do work arounds for that. Being a Fetish game, we can just mentally gloss over the things we don't like.

But One setting I would like (but only if it is easy for you) is the ability to turn off weight gain for the main character.

The full censor option was originally meant for people who might be playing the game in a not-so-private setting, which is why it goes for the nuclear option and tries to disable every 3D image regardless of how SFW or NSFW it might be in order to not give anyone passing by any ideas unless they lean over and start reading the text. I guess it's also for people who want to upload stuff to YouTube, but YouTube doesn't always care if there are 3D boobs being uploaded so who knows.
(And I just remembered the censor script doesn't affect movie files. One more quick fix to make...)

As for the weight gain disabling option, there's already cheats in the game that you can freely scale the character's weight to whatever you want if you think they're too heavy or too skinny. In terms of putting a cork on any changes to the weight entirely, the only way I can think of implementing this easily would be to add another "nuclear"-type script that takes in the character's current weight upon activation and just constantly runs in the background in parallel over and over again to keep assigning the player's weight to that number so that any other manual variable changes to the weight are instantly overwritten. This is Yandere Dev-levels of bad programming, but given that this is an optional cheat and most systems should be able to handle a looping script or two at the very least, it should be fine. I'll try to add it and bundle it with the next eventual update.
GooInABox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game