Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby snowkid0011 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Thank you:)
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that I'm still behind on getting the rest of the images done for Kaya and the rest of the manor update. Getting privacy and time away from my family to have 3D naked women rendering on my screen has been more difficult than I thought.

The good news is that I've been working on some other stuff in the meantime in terms of the RPG Maker engine among other things. Enough stuff that I'm going to release another pre-release version. Off the top of my head, here's the major changes:
-Say goodbye to the old Game Overs that booted you to the main menu. Now when you die, or are otherwise incapacitated, the game will automatically load what I call an emergency or strategic autosave. Do you want to jump down Manda's throat but don't want to redo the entire drinking contest? Now you can, and the game will zap you right back to before you made that fatal choice! Lose a fight and die? The game will try to zap you back to a spot before the fight in most cases, or otherwise it will zap you back to the beginning of the fight to try again. Yes, this means that it may be possible to be softlocked in a loop if you are woefully unprepared for a scuffle, but that's hopefully what the old room-to-room autosaves and manual saves are for.
-Thanks to more contributions by an anonymous pixel artist, more patrons at the bar have had their pixel sprites enhanced. This includes the two rival mercenaries and the two elves upstairs. Tialha in Chapter 0 has also received an enhancement.
-Is the player growing too big for your liking? You can now lock in a max size in the cheat menu (accessible through your key inventory).
-The harpy puzzle box has undergone a major visual overhaul to make it easier.
-The maid in Kaya's manor is now able to be eaten during her table conversation, if you have the right item available...
-Bug fixes. I wish I kept a list, but I didn't. One of them was the bug that got you stuck in the wall in the first cave, another was that party members stayed dead after battles (they should go back to 1hp after fights now).
-Minor updates to The Mirror.

Anyways, Mediafire and Mega are both uploading as I'm typing this. Mediafire is at 32%, Mega is at 51%. You will want to download the v9Early5 version for the above changes once it's available. I'm leaving v9Early4 up just in case I börked something up bad. Again, this version is Windows only at the moment. Please let me know if you run into any bugs due to the new features or any of the old features or scenes.

Edit: I've been made aware of some bugs regarding the emergency save system, including a scene with Manda where the old Game Over screen still persists. I'm looking into fixing those today, and I'll upload the bug fixes when I can.
Edit 2: A hotfix is being uploaded as I type. It should fix the Manda issue, as well as a severe issue where things would just break completely after an Emergency Reload.
GooInABox
Participator

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version o

Postby DarkoikMistical » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm

I know that this was probably answered, but can you hire Lilith outside of skipping chapters and how can you do it if you can?
DarkoikMistical
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:45 pm

DarkoikMistical wrote:I know that this was probably answered, but can you hire Lilith outside of skipping chapters and how can you do it if you can?

You can pick Lilith up by going to the Temple (the white and blue building on the South side of Petra) and try going up the ladder.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby GrandDegen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:56 am

Can you make your player herm in this game?
GrandDegen
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:39 am

GrandDegen wrote:Can you make your player herm in this game?

Not yet. I have plans for that in Chapter 3.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby DankMemesAndCreams » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:45 pm

GooInABox wrote:-Say goodbye to the old Game Overs that booted you to the main menu. Now when you die, or are otherwise incapacitated, the game will automatically load what I call an emergency or strategic autosave. Do you want to jump down Manda's throat but don't want to redo the entire drinking contest? Now you can, and the game will zap you right back to before you made that fatal choice! Lose a fight and die? The game will try to zap you back to a spot before the fight in most cases, or otherwise it will zap you back to the beginning of the fight to try again. Yes, this means that it may be possible to be softlocked in a loop if you are woefully unprepared for a scuffle, but that's hopefully what the old room-to-room autosaves and manual saves are for.

Huzzah! I'd consider this to be probably the best QoL change you could've added. Good luck with working in private; I'm in a very similar situation myself.
DankMemesAndCreams
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:06 pm

Been doing an "eat everyone I possibly can" run and must say am impressed with the results. With hints about possibly meeting the queens of two queendoms, I'm guessing you will have the option to either bring letters back and forth between them or convince each queen to be consumed by you. If not, and you like the idea, write that down.

I also found a bug in the forge/bar when you talk to the blacksmith there are situations where you talk to her and the images of Nona Me and the blacksmith don't go away even after leaving the conversation.

Finally, if the idea of your character is that she can become whatever she eats, I think it would behoove you to make it possible to actually do so. While looking in a mirror, in addition to delineating soul points, you should have control over your body so that whatever species (You read about in the book of species found in the library) you have previously eaten you can make their features appear on you. So if you had say eaten a fairy you can make tiny wings appear on your back, if you had eaten a cow girl you can have horns appear on your head and so on. Could even be beneficial such as gaining harpy wings and giving you a fast travel option but only to places you've visited. Might cause certain npcs to react to you since those traits aren't often seen on anything but the species you had consumed.

...I only just realized with this line of thinking if you ate an alpha female, such as the guard in the tower or bandit you can't find yet, you could theoretically impregnate a woman who would then give birth to another amalgamation. Thereby slowly but surely creating an army of them and becoming a force to be reckoned with. Of course, there's nothing to stop one of the amalgamations from eating the others after deciding to be an army of one. The others would likely put up no resistance due to agreeing with the reasoning and willingly be consumed. Scholars of the world would be in a frenzy studying you from afar, afraid to get too close.

Yeah, I freak myself out sometimes when my mind goes off like that. Anyway, hope you like my random thoughts and that the bug I mentioned gets fixed.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:08 am

I am so super glad that this is still being worked on.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Mentioned it to the creator, but I'll talk about it here anyway: At the moment there is a way to break the "time rewind" system put in place if you lose a fight and "upgrade" an npc. While on the hunt to collect wood you do so by either finding logs or cutting down trees when you get in a fight where a tree silently judges you and nothing else. If you surrender to the tree, you get probably the only GAME OVER screen you will ever see at the moment. When I told GooInABox about this, they seemed utterly baffled anyone would do such a thing. So whence the next update comes around it will likely get addressed somehow, making the time to get an actual GAME OVER is now before this oversight is dealt with.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DarthTrajan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:16 pm

This is a great game! While I'm not a personal fan of the massive boobs that most characters have, I like the writing and all of the scenarios that the player character can get themselves into. The progression also feels great. I know that if a fight is too hard for me, chances are that I can just go on another path for a bit to get strong enough to beat that fight, whether through buying more items or getting soul points. When I was playing, though, I did run into one bug. If you interact with the chest again after eating Hael, it starts the cutscene all over again, which will give you a second soul point as well. Other than that, though, the run was bug free!
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 pm

DarthTrajan wrote:This is a great game! While I'm not a personal fan of the massive boobs that most characters have, I like the writing and all of the scenarios that the player character can get themselves into. The progression also feels great. I know that if a fight is too hard for me, chances are that I can just go on another path for a bit to get strong enough to beat that fight, whether through buying more items or getting soul points. When I was playing, though, I did run into one bug. If you interact with the chest again after eating Hael, it starts the cutscene all over again, which will give you a second soul point as well. Other than that, though, the run was bug free!

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report! I was able to find and fix the issue that you encountered. As for the breasts, Chapter 2 should have smaller sizes on average for most of the NPCs.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 pm

GooInABox wrote:
DarthTrajan wrote:This is a great game! While I'm not a personal fan of the massive boobs that most characters have, I like the writing and all of the scenarios that the player character can get themselves into. The progression also feels great. I know that if a fight is too hard for me, chances are that I can just go on another path for a bit to get strong enough to beat that fight, whether through buying more items or getting soul points. When I was playing, though, I did run into one bug. If you interact with the chest again after eating Hael, it starts the cutscene all over again, which will give you a second soul point as well. Other than that, though, the run was bug free!

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report! I was able to find and fix the issue that you encountered. As for the breasts, Chapter 2 should have smaller sizes on average for most of the NPCs.

Is that before or after you "lose" a fight and enhance their bodies?

...I feel like such a troll for just typing that.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DarthTrajan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 pm

GooInABox wrote:

You're welcome! I'm always happy to help, especially with free games such as this. Please keep up the good work!
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fr4nk » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:18 pm

I'm loving this game and looking forward to the next updates. I would like to ask some questions:

1) Will there be more animated scenes in the future like the elf dance?

2) While I was looking through the image folder find PetraWenchEat 1, 2 and 3, are they already in the game? if yes how do i trigger the scene?

3)Do the mercenaries in the bar have any scene?

(Sorry for any mistake, English is not my main language)
Fr4nk
Been posting for a bit

Postby masterrrrr » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Any news of a new mac version coming?
masterrrrr
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Fr4nk wrote:I'm loving this game and looking forward to the next updates. I would like to ask some questions:

1) Will there be more animated scenes in the future like the elf dance?

2) While I was looking through the image folder find PetraWenchEat 1, 2 and 3, are they already in the game? if yes how do i trigger the scene?

3)Do the mercenaries in the bar have any scene?

(Sorry for any mistake, English is not my main language)

1.) The elf dance was an "out of the box" animation that came with the studio program, and it will probably be a good long while before I can create anything of matching quality. Still, I hope to be able to create my own animations as my skills improve, and I have submitted a few items in my gallery that showcase some of my improvements in creating custom animations from scratch.

2 and 3.)
Spoiler: show
Buy some sleeping poison from the Catian trader in her tent, and then talk to the waitress and distract her. You should get a prompt that will initiate a scene.

masterrrrr wrote:Any news of a new mac version coming?

I'm planning on releasing the Mac and Linux versions when I finalize the 9.5 release, but in the meantime I could use some assistance with compatibility testing. I've been pushing RPG Maker to the limits of what it's supposed to do through scripting, and I'm worried that some of the scripts that I am planning to potentially add to the game may break non-windows versions. I don't have any Mac or Linux machines lying around, so I'll need the input from testers. More information in the next paragraph:

More about the project: The game contains 8 tests, each of which tests a different script function that has either recently been introduced in the latest Amalgamation versions or I'm considering adding to future versions for various narrative reasons (particularly the negative chapters). Some of these tests involve basic file read/write capability and internet connectivity. Please keep in mind that my intentions are not malicious: I'm not trying to write a virus. All file manipulations will stay within the bounds of the game file structure, and no personal or impersonal information will sent or retrieved through the internet. The tests are self-contained, so you may skip those that you are not comfortable with running.

The link to the project is here: https://mega.nz/folder/PplwRJJD#o_x3Nwz2OAO8Q00DmeFkCQ
No mediafire mirror unfortunately as I have no space to upload there at the moment.
There is currently no official survey for feedback, but if you do download and run the project and encounter issues with a particular test, please let me know. If a test runs perfectly, that's also valuable information. Thank you in advance.

And to answer the million dollar question of why I'm testing these scripts which go outside the scope of the main game executable, let's just say I was inspired by OneShot and I want to build off some of the features from that game. The project files are also unencrypted, so if you have a copy of RPG Maker MV and want to take a look at some of the scripts for your own projects, you are free to do so.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Bunnicula » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Suggestion for an alternate ending to act 1 when items are being inspected:

Feign Legitimate Ignorance - "It was part of a crystal embedded into a wall, one of the pieces broke off and I've been using it as a torch ever since."
This path would feign total ignorance and thus prove assemblage of innocence of a gullible person who's very new to the world.

Tell the whole story - Designation for termination route

Lie wholeheartedly - "I found it in a cave, by a red slime girl who I defeated, whatever the original shard was it's gone now. I've been using it as a torch since my torches expired deep into exploring the cave."
Lie wholeheartedly would have 2 routes based on if you consumed the slime girl in the cave or not.
Consumed blue slimegirl: The guards will slowly connect the dots.
Left blue slimegirl alone: The guards will not have evidence that you lied, suspicion be entirely, %100 damned.
Bunnicula
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Bunnicula wrote:Suggestion for an alternate ending to act 1 when items are being inspected:

Feign Legitimate Ignorance - "It was part of a crystal embedded into a wall, one of the pieces broke off and I've been using it as a torch ever since."
This path would feign total ignorance and thus prove assemblage of innocence of a gullible person who's very new to the world.

Tell the whole story - Designation for termination route

Lie wholeheartedly - "I found it in a cave, by a red slime girl who I defeated, whatever the original shard was it's gone now. I've been using it as a torch since my torches expired deep into exploring the cave."
Lie wholeheartedly would have 2 routes based on if you consumed the slime girl in the cave or not.
Consumed blue slimegirl: The guards will slowly connect the dots.
Left blue slimegirl alone: The guards will not have evidence that you lied, suspicion be entirely, %100 damned.

The red orb shard was not the main giveaway in this case, although it did assist the White Winter Watch officer in recognizing that the main character was an Amalgamate. Even if the main character tried to lie, the Officer (but perhaps not the low-rank guards) has been trained and instructed to identify and deal with Amalgamates, as all Amalgamates have pale white skin and bright red eyes. The Snow Striders themselves have pale skin (hence the initial confusion of the Amalgamate for one of their own), but by nature Snow Striders don't have a natural red eye color. As for why the Officer is able to recognize Amalgamates, and why it took them awhile to identify the player as one in the first place, that's information to be revealed in the next chapter.

I'm not quite sure what the logic is behind your red slime girl and blue slime girl storypaths. The guards and officers have never seen the inside of the cave before, so whether the player is lying, telling the truth, ate the slime girl, or left the slime girl alone, it's all inconsequential.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby RedX132613 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:14 am

Any update?
RedX132613
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game