Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:06 am

AngelofHell64 wrote:Regarding the new poll I feel like the rear, hip, and thigh weight gain is a bit lackluster compared to the breast gain. From the characters we've seen so far there have already been some pretty large hourglass figures(such as Rosa for one thing, sans the pregnant belly) with butts and boobs of about equal size or at least close to it. Having the butt be so absolutely dwarfed by the breasts at max size seems a bit odd to me is all.

I completely agree. I feel that either it should be possible the booty to grow as comically huge as the breasts, or the breasts' maximum size should be smaller to match the booty.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Persona59523 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 am

Any chance that the puppet will grow a dick? Cause I thinking she might be able to do that.

Also how does one eat the captain? Cause I want to eat her.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby snamekom » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:16 am

How can I open a scene with the gatekeeper Teth?
snamekom
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 am

Persona59523 wrote:Any chance that the puppet will grow a dick? Cause I thinking she might be able to do that.

Also how does one eat the captain? Cause I want to eat her.

Not implemented yet.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby blaziken » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:18 am

just found out there's book about you know, how people in that world were born
kinda uh unexpected to see them grown up just like that while in the mother's belly
which explain those oversized stomachs
guess that mean no childhood phase eh

the book is on bookshelf in the house where you meet elf with green hair that live alone at the first forest
blaziken
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 am

@AngelofHell64 & @empatheticapathy
A couple of people were worried about the player looking a little too fat, so I slimmed those down from what I was originally thinking for the maximum weight. I'll see what the results are in a week (right now there's almost equal votes for me to implement a bigger and smaller maximum weight, go figure) and I'll go from there.

@Persona59523
-If I do implement that, I would have to add it as something "the puppet" will be able to switch on and off at will for scenes.
-You can't eat the captain at the moment, maybe in Chapter 2.

@snamekom
There's two ways to eat Teth; you can either
Spoiler: show
eat the lost cowgirl that Sasha's looking for, beat and eat Sasha, then eat Teth all in one sitting, or you can not eat Teth after the fight with Sasha and eat some cowgirls with her instead. After the scene, you can go to Teth and she'll be a willing meal.

@blaziken
I know it's a little bit weird, but I wanted to shake up a few aspects of the world so that the player can more easily empathize with the main character's fish-out-of-water feeling, and I also wanted to give a real explanation for why there won't be any little ones running around given what kind of game this is (and I don't feel comfortable writing or illustrating that kind of content). There's still a sort of "childhood phase" where the newborn acts somewhat crazy with mood swings and memory loss, but most of the people you'll run into are past that stage.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Ryuu27 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:58 am

Hi, i like that game ^^; , I just find it a bit unfortunate that this is instant digestion (but it's my personal taste). I think auto save is not useful.
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby GrayLotus » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 am

I've really been enjoying this game so far! It's really impressive the quality and quantity of content you've been able to put into this so far, and I'm looking forward to what you do in the future.

I did notice a couple of bugs that I haven't seen anyone else mention:

I've had Maybell be added to the soul 'collection' in the tent, even when I haven't eaten her. She just shows up there after I've done her walk around Petra.

I've also had the background music in Petra change after finishing the first interaction with the fountain girl (where she reveals she's a spy). Both getting her training and trying to eat her result in that. I'm not sure about this one, since I've had trouble reproducing it. I've had it skip to the middle of the current track, change to the middle of a new track (the bar music), and usually it also gets quieter. I'm honestly at a loss about what's happening with it, and I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby R3X » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Just a stray thought about the maximum weight, since the poll (at time of post) is rather split, how about adding and item to either limit max weight or lose some already gained for those who prefer smaller sizes ?
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:34 pm

@Ryuu27
The autosave is just an added feature that might be able to revert someone's progress if they clicked on the wrong choice by accident and they don't want to go back to their previous manual save made an hour ago. Not everyone will have use for it, but it will come in handy for others.

@GrayLotus
-Thanks for finding that Maybell bug, I accidentally had her switch set up to the brown-haired elf in the bar, but I've corrected that and the patch will roll out with version 5 (whenever that is).
-I was messing around with dramatic music pauses for the fountain girl, but I couldn't get the mood right so I removed most of the code. The keyword being "most", as I accidentally left in the line of code that resumes whatever music was 'saved' last. Thanks for finding that!

@R3X
Not a bad idea for the limiting item, but I'll need to decide how to best implement it (should the player use it to access the higher weights or should they use it to remove the higher weights, etc.). As for the weight loss, there's already an item in the game (the spell that converts weight into mana from either the forest fairy or the Catian trading caravan) for weight loss, but I may also add a non-spell way for the player to drop weight in Chapter 2.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 pm

In Petra, on the cliff surrounding the town hall, there's three bits of long grass, and you can just walk right through the cliff in the spots where those are.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby elions » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Why can't I save the game?
https://prnt.sc/r0e6n7
elions
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:52 pm

@empatheticapathy
Just fixed it in my development version, thank you for finding it.

@elions
You will need to actively select the file to interact with the load/save/delete options. I think you currently just have it hovering at the moment. Try clicking twice on the file you want to save your game in, and the text at the top should change from "Please select a file slot" to "Saves the current progress in your game." and once that's highlighted go ahead and click on the word "save". Press the esc key to go back if you select the wrong file.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby PeckishProgrammer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Just tested on Linux, since I happen to be using it at the moment. I can open the game, but sadly it crashes when I select new game. I'll give the game another try next time I'm on Windows. If you're interested, I can provide the C stacktrace, but I can't imagine Linux support is very high on your list of priorities at the moment.
PeckishProgrammer
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Teth?
I don't remember encountering anyone named Teth....
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby poldenski » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:30 pm

excellent game so far cant wait to see the next chapter
poldenski
Somewhat familiar

Postby snamekom » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 pm

@GooInABox
Thank you. :D

@ Ryan-Drakel
Teth is literally the first character to meet us at the entrance to the city Petra. ^^;
snamekom
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:06 pm

snamekom wrote:@GooInABox
Thank you. :D

@ Ryan-Drakel
Teth is literally the first character to meet us at the entrance to the city Petra. ^^;

oh the guard in red.... How the hell do you get her to join you??
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm

@Ryan-Drakel
-Funny enough, I anticipated Teth's name being forgotten easily as it's not mentioned that much. I think Captain Vara even breaks the fourth wall slightly somewhere in her dialog about her.
-As for eating Teth, I posted the answer above in a spoiler. It involves dealing with
Spoiler: show
Sasha's lost cowgirl

@PeckishPreggo
Thanks for testing that out for me, unfortunately I don't think I can make use of the logs as I don't have any Linux machines currently set up to test out deployment.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Now I'm asking how you get her to join you.
Ryan-Drakel
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game