Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v8 out Oct 19th)

Postby Kavvanshrike » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Have I mentioned that using honeyselect to make your own poses and characters was a great idea? Because it is and well done on all the effort it must have taken(and will continue to take) on getting nice weight gain for MC and other preds.
User avatar
Kavvanshrike
Participator
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Voremora » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:46 pm

How do you active the large size for Manda? I see in the files there a third breast size where she's at the bar but I can't figure it out
Voremora
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby GooInABox » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 am

Voremora wrote:How do you active the large size for Manda? I see in the files there a third breast size where she's at the bar but I can't figure it out

The large size image is a leftover from earlier in development when I generated the images first and then wrote the scenes around them. For one reason or other I didn't write any scenes for Manda's third size at the bar as the game ends shortly after she digests you, so it's unused.
User avatar
GooInABox
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Kavvanshrike » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm

add manda's breasts to the faq. I think that's the third time its been asked? myself included
User avatar
Kavvanshrike
Participator
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Draupnir7 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:10 pm

So, the broken lock.
I'm not sure it's working like it's supposed to just yet. Or, I'm very sure it's not working like it's supposed to just yet.
Without a visual representation - which I don't how hard it be to implement, so I'll say nothing aside from this - I can't tell which number 'wheel' I'm working on. Sometimes it'll stay on the one I just changed, sometimes I'll tell it to move right one after a guess but it'll have reset and wind up on the same 'wheel', sometimes it won't move at all and I'll wind up accidentally trying the same combination again. Hell, sometimes I'll try spinning the first wheel three or four times consecutively (after moving it right then left, just to try to make sure I'm on the first dial) and I'll wind up with an entirely different number than last time, despite only hitting left and right once each.
The difficulty option is moot, because half the time whatever changes I'm trying to make are out of my hands.
Draupnir7
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby GooInABox » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 am

Draupnir7 wrote:So, the broken lock.
I'm not sure it's working like it's supposed to just yet. Or, I'm very sure it's not working like it's supposed to just yet.
Without a visual representation - which I don't how hard it be to implement, so I'll say nothing aside from this - I can't tell which number 'wheel' I'm working on. Sometimes it'll stay on the one I just changed, sometimes I'll tell it to move right one after a guess but it'll have reset and wind up on the same 'wheel', sometimes it won't move at all and I'll wind up accidentally trying the same combination again. Hell, sometimes I'll try spinning the first wheel three or four times consecutively (after moving it right then left, just to try to make sure I'm on the first dial) and I'll wind up with an entirely different number than last time, despite only hitting left and right once each.
The difficulty option is moot, because half the time whatever changes I'm trying to make are out of my hands.


Right, the lock puzzle. I do believe I should return to that puzzle and add some sort of graphical representation so that player's don't get stuck as easily. For now though, I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the puzzle works (or you can just boost your luck stat and use the cheat option on the puzzle): You aren't working on any one 'wheel' at any time, and each of the buttons control a different 'wheel' all on their own by ramping the note up in pitch before overflowing and returning to the deepest pitch note. The four-digit number representation is best observed as four 1-digit numbers in sequence. Hit a certain button, and you'll see the digit in the ones/tenth/hundredth/thousandths place tick up. Hit that same button again, and it will tick up again by one, unless it becomes greater than 9 in which case it will buffer down to 0 (or 1 in the case of the first note, as that's part of the programming logic behind the scenes). There is no moving left or right, you're just ticking different number places up.

Here's the original puzzle I based mine off of, if it gives any visual idea of how the puzzle should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBhCZgKbjE although in the case of my puzzle, the notes don't reset to their default after a failed attempt and they start in the middle pitch of sounds (represented by 5, or 5555).
User avatar
GooInABox
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 am

I haven't run into any bugs while testing, just wanted to say that the player portrait getting curvier makes the game hit even better than it already did. I appreciate the work you do on this game both from the perspective of someone who wants more player-as-pred stuff as well as from a person who wants vore from someone who in general writes well. The dialogue in this game is really fun and the actual vore is wonderfully descriptive. Digestion itself is a little scanty, but I think that's more just based on the nature of the near-instant gurgling that happens in this.

Keep up the good work. I know making these things are a slog but as long as you keep putting them out I'm sure I'll keep enjoying them.
User avatar
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 am

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Klyen2000 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm not sure if this bug is already reported so I just gonna drop it:

At the beginning of the adventure the main character spawns in a cave where you have to grab for the orb in order to get further.
However I decided to go without it to the next room, of course the game wouldn't let me and put me back but unfortunetly I was then in the water next to the entry and stuck or on the grey wall with the dinosaur bones where I was able to go around but couln't get back to the ground to continue the adventure --> so also reload on that part.

That's all on bugs I could find, great game so far I really like it and if it's not to much work/trouble please put a visual screen for the harpy chest onto the player screen that would be a huge help =)
Klyen2000
New to the forum
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby GooInABox » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:42 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:Have I mentioned that using honeyselect to make your own poses and characters was a great idea? Because it is and well done on all the effort it must have taken(and will continue to take) on getting nice weight gain for MC and other preds.

Thank you! I originally picked up HoneySelect because I saw a Gif of a breast expansion sequence in the character creator. Then I realized it came with an animation studio, and now here I am. HS has it's flaws and skill barriers, sure, but at least it has more character variety at a whim than something like Source Film Maker where every other NSFW animation involves femscout or Ms. Pauline.

Reaverbot wrote:I haven't run into any bugs while testing, just wanted to say that the player portrait getting curvier makes the game hit even better than it already did. I appreciate the work you do on this game both from the perspective of someone who wants more player-as-pred stuff as well as from a person who wants vore from someone who in general writes well. The dialogue in this game is really fun and the actual vore is wonderfully descriptive. Digestion itself is a little scanty, but I think that's more just based on the nature of the near-instant gurgling that happens in this.

Keep up the good work. I know making these things are a slog but as long as you keep putting them out I'm sure I'll keep enjoying them.

Thank you! I know the digestion scenes are a bit bland, and that's something that I'm kicking myself over as I went to the opposite extreme of Nyan Adventures where the digestion scenes were too long in my opinion, but I'm glad to hear that the rest of my writing is decent.

Klyen2000 wrote:I'm not sure if this bug is already reported so I just gonna drop it:

At the beginning of the adventure the main character spawns in a cave where you have to grab for the orb in order to get further.
However I decided to go without it to the next room, of course the game wouldn't let me and put me back but unfortunetly I was then in the water next to the entry and stuck or on the grey wall with the dinosaur bones where I was able to go around but couln't get back to the ground to continue the adventure --> so also reload on that part.

That's all on bugs I could find, great game so far I really like it and if it's not to much work/trouble please put a visual screen for the harpy chest onto the player screen that would be a huge help =)

Whoops, I recently expanded a couple of maps to fit the expanded 16x9 screen ratio, and I thought I adjusted all of the relevant events to make sure that player doesn't get moved to old coordinates, but it looks like I missed a few. I've made the bug fixes in my development version for that particular instance, and it will roll out with the next update when I get around to shipping more content. Thanks for finding that!
User avatar
GooInABox
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Game is great so far, To be honest i see that i think your game is able to get to the point of Nyan Adventures easily with how almost everyone is edible barring a few exceptions.

As for you using HS its a interesting choice to say an i like it although as a ocd person sometimes i feel a bit eh about 3d models an shaders. otherwise it makes sence allows you to make many cense in a short amount of time its your own work an art so you can credit less peoine an more control over what you want.

As for the digestion sequences yeah the writing needs work but i like it as just like in nyan adventures or patchas question they take time an if you dont digest prey before the next it can ruind specieal sequences.

Keep up the awesome work.
Матрешка!
User avatar
Dotsu
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:31 am

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9 Testing version out

Postby Draupnir7 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 pm

GooInABox wrote:Right, the lock puzzle. I do believe I should return to that puzzle and add some sort of graphical representation so that player's don't get stuck as easily. For now though, I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the puzzle works (or you can just boost your luck stat and use the cheat option on the puzzle): You aren't working on any one 'wheel' at any time, and each of the buttons control a different 'wheel' all on their own by ramping the note up in pitch before overflowing and returning to the deepest pitch note. The four-digit number representation is best observed as four 1-digit numbers in sequence. Hit a certain button, and you'll see the digit in the ones/tenth/hundredth/thousandths place tick up. Hit that same button again, and it will tick up again by one, unless it becomes greater than 9 in which case it will buffer down to 0 (or 1 in the case of the first note, as that's part of the programming logic behind the scenes). There is no moving left or right, you're just ticking different number places up.

Here's the original puzzle I based mine off of, if it gives any visual idea of how the puzzle should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBhCZgKbjE although in the case of my puzzle, the notes don't reset to their default after a failed attempt and they start in the middle pitch of sounds (represented by 5, or 5555).


Aaahkay, got it. I read 'combination lock' and I wouldn't have guessed it'd be a... what, a compass-point pattern, would you call it? Bit of fiddling to work out which direction was which number and it didn't take any time at all. Thanks for the explanation.
Draupnir7
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Previous

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abrud, aem, AngelOfTaxes, Bennie5, blacklight412, Brpdchainsaw, catryu, DASexual, dawunas, HeadZ349, Hellastorm, jada2, lypo, Maltior, Malware1234, mortenlynild, naert, NAZVIV, NekoYuki, NewtypeN1, Omnomplus, Orangetyper, RDashiee, SalVados, secretish, soclose213, SoSlender, starhotbar, Thornix, Younger99, yuyira