Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Haven't done a poll in awhile, so... What do you think of the sphinx so far?

She's good.
66%
She's fine, but I want a new pred already
29%
Eh, she aight
2%
I don't like her.
3%

Total votes : 340

Re: Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.3.0

Postby reclusenutcase » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:49 am

Okay, so I just uploaded the update. there might be plans for a slight update, but that's mostly up in the air. Besides that, I think it should be fully functional. Then again, it's almost 2AM on my end, so I could be horribly wrong. There are 3 game overs with Celestia, but one of them is hidden and has a really short window to set off. There are also the 2 winning conditions with twilight as well. Hope you guys enjoy the update, and feel free to mention bugs and all that stuff.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.0

Postby Silhouette » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:14 am

Oof... and I thought the first one was hard.

So, I've spent some good time trying this new update; To be honest, it's rough.

Celestia can make several attacks at once, and does so quite often. Since almost all of the attacks require the shield to avoid taking massive damage and most of them are either hitscan or move so fast they might as well be unavoidable, this leads to the new shield stamina/overload effect occurring pretty commonly. In my experience, she tends to spam the horn laser, wall laser, and back to horn laser pretty frequently later in the fight, to the point where she can do two of the attacks just short of simultaneously, following up immediately with the others.

Similarly, she can summon the bag of bananas and immediately eat one before the player has a chance to act, healing an sizable amount of health without any chance to prevent it. She doesn't always immediately eat one, but it happens enough to be grouped in with the above to highlight what I think is probably one of the bigger issues: There doesn't seem to be enough of a minimum wait period between attacks or actions. It can and will roll pretty frequently to have actions immediately back to back, and with the stamina bar and her ability to heal large amounts, which kind of leaves the fight heavily in RNG territory until you get a set where she doesn't do this. There's definitely some "the difference between something being difficult and something being challenging", here.

Also, it might be a good idea to list which vore types are present in this boss fight: I'm pretty sure there's at least four outcomes, OV, UB, Winning, and the Hidden non-vore one. I might have gotten my wires crossed, but I was kind of hoping for a CV outcome based on some prior comments, but I don't think that got in, sadly. I've not actually beaten the fight, yet, so I'm not entirely sure what's after that point, but I've put a good amount of time in and I think I'm just gonna' skip it for now. Other than all of that, it's very polished and looks very nice otherwise. You've got a knack for this stuff, and the contribution to the community is always appreciated. =)
Silhouette
Participator

Postby scottypilgrim » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Heeey that was a lot of fun. I got both obvious vore endings and both winning endings but haven't figured out how to get the secret one yet. Was a lot of fun though, thanks for making this!
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:19 am

I like what's here. It's challenging but consistently beatable once you learn the tells and proper reactions. It's a pretty hectic, nail-biting fight.
And I love that we've got some unbirth in the game, complete with a focus on Celestia's orgasm. Really good stuff.
There's a lot of dialogue for different situations in the fight, and for winning/losing under different circumstances, which is all great. Hell, I wish there was even more. I especially like how Celestia's taunts become a little more vindictive when she's low on health. A lot of the text needs a proofreading though. Spelling and grammar errors abound.
Also I think Twilight doesn't have wings when she's on the ground.

I wish there was a UB victory for Twilight to turn that last table on Celly, or a willing prey victory, but that bit's just my own preferences.

About that secret ending: That meme is so old, the last time I saw it, somebody was in muh base, killing muh d00ds.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby jaded353 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:18 pm

i like the celestia fight, i've been playing it only a short time so far, and i feel like with practice it wouldn't be too hard to avoid or block attacks consistently, it feels so far like it just takes skill i haven't achieved yet, which is good ^^

that said, i haven't beaten it or gotten the secret ending yet, but i kinda do wish that for the unbirth scene, celestia would keep twilight in similar to her stomach scene, but that's just a matter of player preference ^^
jaded353
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firon » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm

jaded353 wrote:but i kinda do wish that for the unbirth scene, celestia would keep twilight in similar to her stomach scene, but that's just a matter of player preference ^^

I am in agreement with this....I do wish the unbirth segment went ALL the way
Firon
---

Postby SpuzzBunn » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:09 pm

Really good update, love the different options with Celestia. I swear there was supposed to be a CV ending though...
SpuzzBunn
Been posting for a bit

Postby reclusenutcase » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:15 pm

I wish there was a UB victory for Twilight to turn that last table on Celly, or a willing prey victory, but that bit's just my own preferences.

About that secret ending: That meme is so old, the last time I saw it, somebody was in muh base, killing muh d00ds.

by jaded353 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:18 pm
i like the celestia fight, i've been playing it only a short time so far, and i feel like with practice it wouldn't be too hard to avoid or block attacks consistently, it feels so far like it just takes skill i haven't achieved yet, which is good ^^

that said, i haven't beaten it or gotten the secret ending yet, but i kinda do wish that for the unbirth scene, celestia would keep twilight in similar to her stomach scene, but that's just a matter of player preference ^^

Hmm... I guess I should have considered this harder. I might look into a more involved unbirth scenario. Maybe, I can make a struggle mechanic that will make such a thing happen during the game over. I'll have to look it over and seek an artist for an ending image.

by SpuzzBunn » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 pm
Really good update, love the different options with Celestia. I swear there was supposed to be a CV ending though...

There was talks about that? It's been awhile since I looked at the string of comments. CV is always brings in mixed audience. I'll have to look things over and see what's possible. Though this is the last predator for this game, I wouldn't mind trying to meet a lot of requests for it before retiring the game.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpuzzBunn » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Yeah I don't really remember if it was this game or not, I just remember a lot of people asking for it at one point or another, either due to a poll, or due to you announcing that a new pred was gonna come. :?
SpuzzBunn
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:10 pm

reclusenutcase wrote: Though this is the last predator for this game, I wouldn't mind trying to meet a lot of requests for it before retiring the game.

Oh shit, this is the end?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:00 am

Alright, after finally putting some time aside, I got to playing the new update. As per usual with these games, I get my ass whooped the first several tries. But after trial and error and learning the patterns, I got a pretty consistent way of winning now. Though I haven't found that secret ending yet. I might be an uncultured swine for this particular reference, though, so that might be hindering my attempts at finding it out. I want to say it has something to do with the banana?

I really don't have any gripes. I liked it all. I guess it helps I got in after a patch, but everything that caused me trouble I was able to overcome.
As for requests....mmm, I can't think of any right now. New preds appear to be a no-go. I'd like to see some same size scenes, but given the battles here, it seems like that will most likely not happen. Which is a shame, cause I did have one in mind that incorporated both of those, but oh well. So I'll just leave the others here to suggest stuff. Anyway, good going, recluse.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:46 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
reclusenutcase wrote: Though this is the last predator for this game, I wouldn't mind trying to meet a lot of requests for it before retiring the game.

Oh shit, this is the end?

Well, not entirely. I like making these updates, but I don't make money off it, and I commission art to make it work which takes a lot of time, and after hearing construct 2 is going to end in July, I want to conclude any construct 2 projects before moving on to their new engine. I might conclude this game, but would love to make a successor to it. Maybe give a campaign, and not just be boss to boss. I'll find out when I move onto construct 3.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Just4comments » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:15 am

Could we get a hint for what move creates the small window for the secret ending?
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

Postby peteian » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:52 am

Was the cockvore going to be / already added in the Chrysalis fight? Or am I remembering wrong?
peteian
---

Postby jaded353 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:40 am

Just4comments wrote:Could we get a hint for what move creates the small window for the secret ending?

i too would like a hint actually please ^^;
jaded353
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:09 am

jaded353 wrote:
Just4comments wrote:Could we get a hint for what move creates the small window for the secret ending?

i too would like a hint actually please ^^;

It's something you click during a time when Twilight can't shoot.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby jaded353 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:16 am

well, aside from learning that you can drag around the character icons in the chrysalis fight, i still can't seem to figure it out ^^; (was trying both fights since i couldn't find anything in the celestia one and was unsure if it might have been for crysalis instead)

edit; finally found it! :D
jaded353
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Iris0 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 am

jaded353 wrote:well, aside from learning that you can drag around the character icons in the chrysalis fight, i still can't seem to figure it out ^^; (was trying both fights since i couldn't find anything in the celestia one and was unsure if it might have been for crysalis instead)

What did you find?
0Iris0
New to the forum

Postby gamemaster1236 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:11 pm

jaded353 wrote:well, aside from learning that you can drag around the character icons in the chrysalis fight, i still can't seem to figure it out ^^; (was trying both fights since i couldn't find anything in the celestia one and was unsure if it might have been for crysalis instead)

I, too, am curious.
Can I haz Pred nawo?
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Just4comments » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:14 pm

I found the secret! It’s nothing kinky, just unexpected and quite funny.
Just4comments
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game