Willowood | A vore text RPG [Alpha 1.0.1 out now!]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Willowood | A vore text RPG [Demo 2 out now!]

Postby AFreshPupcake » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm

No-One wrote:As a thought, it might be nice to have an option in character creation for lamia/naga type characters, so that when asked what you would call your feet you can choose "tail" as an option.

I've just added this so that people can have the option, but I should make it clear that picking this option will lead to some grammatical issues. I write this game under the assumption that the player character will be humanoid, and since tail is singular, there will be places where it says things like "both tail". This would be a lot of work to go back and fix, but I figured having a slightly broken version of the option is better than not having it at all.

As a side note, if anyone else has any ideas for alternate hands, feet, and skins that I didn't think of for character creation, please suggest them!

I've also just uploaded a new patch which includes this small addition as well as a fix for the bug where multiple fights could happen simultaneously. Seeing as I've not gotten any more bug reports in a few days, I'm going to go ahead and begin working on new content. I'll still have a backup of Demo 2 on standby in case a bug comes up that absolutely needs to be fixed. Demo 2 is intended to be the last version of the game to be considered a demo. Updates from here on out will try to focus less on introducing concepts and instead take more focus on expanding and fleshing out the world, as well as chipping away at the main storyline.
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby No-One » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 am

AFreshPupcake wrote:
No-One wrote:As a thought, it might be nice to have an option in character creation for lamia/naga type characters, so that when asked what you would call your feet you can choose "tail" as an option.

I've just added this so that people can have the option, but I should make it clear that picking this option will lead to some grammatical issues. I write this game under the assumption that the player character will be humanoid, and since tail is singular, there will be places where it says things like "both tail". This would be a lot of work to go back and fix, but I figured having a slightly broken version of the option is better than not having it at all.

Thank you!
No-One
Participator

Postby Skeiron » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:45 pm

This game is very cute. I like it :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Twister231 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:39 pm

I've really enjoyed what this game has to offer so far and can't wait to see what's coming up! ^w^

I am curious though and I understand if this can't be answered but I am wondering what height and weight do we need to be for the various eaten and eating endings? :o
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruelin660 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 pm

I Really wished that you can change your stats for the combat, or having some kind of choice that can give you a benefit, like having hightened Reflex, which would let you get more time to act before times up, and maybe let you move around a little faster.
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby AFreshPupcake » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Twister231 wrote:I've really enjoyed what this game has to offer so far and can't wait to see what's coming up! ^w^

I am curious though and I understand if this can't be answered but I am wondering what height and weight do we need to be for the various eaten and eating endings? :o

Glad ya like it!! The conditions are different for each scene, but if ya tell me which ones you're tryna get the different versions for I can tell ya what their conditions are

Cruelin660 wrote:I Really wished that you can change your stats for the combat, or having some kind of choice that can give you a benefit, like having hightened Reflex, which would let you get more time to act before times up, and maybe let you move around a little faster.

The thief combat is fairly simple because the original concept for those quests was pretty barebones and it kinda developed out a bit from there. I was trying to see what I could do and I wasn't quite sure it'd work so I didn't wanna invest crazy amounts of effort into it. There's a place coming later in the game that I want to develop a separate combat system for, and that one I plan on having more complexity since I now know that my basic ideas work
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Twister231 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:56 am

AFreshPupcake wrote:I am curious though and I understand if this can't be answered but I am wondering what height and weight do we need to be for the various eaten and eating endings? :o

Glad ya like it!! The conditions are different for each scene, but if ya tell me which ones you're tryna get the different versions for I can tell ya what their conditions are

Well I've gotten the smallest and biggest variants (I hope) And I believe I got the medium variant by choosing 5 feet tall and medium weight. Don't know about the other 3 though.
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Suredo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:04 pm

this is amazing so far! Very excited to see where this will go.
Suredo
New to the forum

Postby ProtocolARC » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:40 am

I've really enjoyed this so I'm going to gush a little, guess I'll spoiler tag this in case somebody wants to discover all this for themselves.
Spoiler: show
I'm really interested in this type of text adventure game format for these stories, but it can be really difficult to find ones that hits all the right marks. I believe I hit the jackpot here. Let me write up a short list of just some of the things I loved. Willowood has a cavalcade of fun and quirky characters, take for example Maryanne, a diminutive mouse that believes she's a pirate, is fully dressed like one, and wields a trusty cutlass that is made of only the strongest of plastics. All this despite having not living anywhere near water. You'll find yourself squaring off against her and if you lose, no matter if you're a 9 foot tall lizard woman or a 2 foot short rabbit, she'll gobble you up all the same, short work for the pirate queen! Bliss. And that isn't to mention all the other bright and colorful inhabitants of Willowood, like a fuzzy dog bark-eep or a beaver baker who might be a little too attached to her day to day profit margin. Everybody seems to have a back story and things to learn about/help them with. Another huge plus is the hilarious sense of humor, the aforementioned Pupcake's got some golden lines and I was particularly fond of your player character's feelings regarding eating a hamburgie. Going about town, baking pies and helping the local law enforcement round up criminals, all while befriending the law abiding inhabitants is a joy. The combat is simple but effective, and let's the player character get in on gobbling up a few meals of their own. Speaking of, the character creator let's you play as just about anything you can imagine. And the immensely impressive part is the size and weight of your player character actually affects the description of how much difficulty you had gobbling/being gobbled. If you're a 3ft tall cat and you decide to wolf down a wolf (or is it two? :lol: ) you won't exactly be able to run around until they've been properly processed, which will of course attribute to your overall bulk. I also love the time mechanic, certain character's whereabouts changing with the time is just so very cool. It's all just wonderful, top notch stuff. And this philosophy right here
AFreshPupcake wrote:I'm glad you enjoy the approach I'm taking! My thinking with this game is that I want vore to actually have a struggle to avoid it involved in most cases. To me, I like vore content more if I didn't just press a button to make it happen. I like it to be a consequence of behaving without actively seeking it out, so that's what I'm trying to do with this game.
is what I'd love to see more of from this type of game.

In a future update, I'd love it if there was a short story epilogue after you've been gurgled without any charm charges left, maybe something along the lines of the perpetrating predator commenting on how your character stopped showing up after being ingested or perhaps they're asked if they happen to know just where your character might have ended up after they suddenly disappeared. The dialogue could even be affected by whether or not they considered you a friend or a near-stranger when they ate you. I'm also interested to see if there will be a more "permanent" solution to the respawning rogues that stalk the market place at night. :wink: I'm certain future updates will bring more character interactions and places to visit which I'm very much looking forward to. The characters are so fun and charismatic I can't wait to learn even more about them!

I was blown away by this and am elated I was able to stumble onto such a high quality story, you've done amazing work so far I can't wait to see more.
ProtocolARC
New to the forum

Postby AFreshPupcake » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Twister231 wrote:Well I've gotten the smallest and biggest variants (I hope) And I believe I got the medium variant by choosing 5 feet tall and medium weight. Don't know about the other 3 though.

What I mean to say is the limits are different for each scene, but you can generally get the middle-height version if you set yourself to 5 ft tall, 3-4 ft for short preds. As for the weight, your character's weight actually has little effect on the scene unfortunately, if I'd done this the amount of writing I'd have to do would've gotten really out of hand, but there is always at least one threshold the pred's weight can hit that changes the scene. You should always be able to get to it by doubling their default weight, which you can usually do by feeding 'em a particularly heavy player char once or twice.

Suredo wrote:this is amazing so far! Very excited to see where this will go.

ProtocolARC wrote:I've really enjoyed this so I'm going to gush a little, guess I'll spoiler tag this in case somebody wants to discover all this for themselves.

I was blown away by this and am elated I was able to stumble onto such a high quality story, you've done amazing work so far I can't wait to see more.

Thankya both for the super kind comments!! <3

It'll still be a while before I can get another update out, I've not been able to work on it nearly as consistently as I was when I was making the demos, but I have made some decent progress! I've gotten some new stuff done so far to expand what you can do in the town itself, I'm hopin' what I'm doin' can live up to expectations~
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Indighost » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Quick question before I try out this game, is it scat or no-scat, pred-pov or prey-pov?
Indighost
---

Postby AFreshPupcake » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Indighost wrote:Quick question before I try out this game, is it scat or no-scat, pred-pov or prey-pov?

To the first question, no scat. To the second, both but majority prey-pov
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Twister231 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 am

AFreshPupcake wrote:
What I mean to say is the limits are different for each scene, but you can generally get the middle-height version if you set yourself to 5 ft tall, 3-4 ft for short preds. As for the weight, your character's weight actually has little effect on the scene unfortunately, if I'd done this the amount of writing I'd have to do would've gotten really out of hand, but there is always at least one threshold the pred's weight can hit that changes the scene. You should always be able to get to it by doubling their default weight, which you can usually do by feeding 'em a particularly heavy player char once or twice.

Oh I know there are limits I was just asking what are the exact numbers for those limits. As I can't seem to find them, I probably haven't explored it as much as I should but knowing them would certainly be easier. ^^;
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:28 am

This is a rather interesting game. Sort of wish there was some more after being eaten play. Like maybe an item you can buy that allows you to be living fat for a while which can allow you to get a relation with some of the predators.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AFreshPupcake » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Twister231 wrote:
AFreshPupcake wrote:

Oh I know there are limits I was just asking what are the exact numbers for those limits. As I can't seem to find them, I probably haven't explored it as much as I should but knowing them would certainly be easier. ^^;

I can go through the game real quick and grab the height values for eact currently existing scene real quick, here

Spoiler: show
Player as prey:
Maple: <=3.5ft, >=7ft
Croc: >6.5ft
Gerald: <4ft, >7ft
Skoll/Hati: <5ft, >=8ft
Maryanne: <3.5ft, >6.5ft

Player as pred:
Gerald: <=3.5ft, >7ft
Skoll/Hati: <=4ft, >8ft
Maryanne: <=3ft, >6.5ft

Huh, there's fewer than I feel like I remember. Tell me if I've forgotten any, could just be because I've added a few since.
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Cruelin660 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm

did you got the < and > Backward with the
Player as prey:

Player as pred:
because if I'm not wrong about it, then there are some scenes by this chart which should be impossible to actually get since *Almost All* Literally contradict themselves out of existence?
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby AFreshPupcake » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:52 pm

Cruelin660 wrote:did you got the < and > Backward with the
Player as prey:

Player as pred:
because if I'm not wrong about it, then there are some scenes by this chart which should be impossible to actually get since *Almost All* Literally contradict themselves out of existence?

Nah those are just two different limits. It's meant to read as, you'll get a different scene below the first number, and a different scene above the second, and then Croc is the only one that only has one threshhold at the moment. Sorry I wasn't clear about that
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:04 pm

We-he-hell... THIS has potential!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Cruelin660 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 am

so It actually represent what your suppose for the vore scene, and they have Different scene for only just your height
Maple:3 <=3.5ft=Small Scene, >=7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Croc:2 >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Gerald: <4ft=Small Scene, >7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Skoll/Hati: <5ft=Small Scene, >=8ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Maryanne: <3.5ft=Small Scene, >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise

Player as pred:
Gerald: <=3.5ft=Small Scene, >7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Skoll/Hati: <=4ft=Small Scene, >8ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Maryanne: <=3ft=Small Scene, >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise

and if thats literally it, then weight is apparent that its meaningless, which kinda sucks
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby AFreshPupcake » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Cruelin660 wrote:so It actually represent what your suppose for the vore scene, and they have Different scene for only just your height
Maple:3 <=3.5ft=Small Scene, >=7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Croc:2 >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Gerald: <4ft=Small Scene, >7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Skoll/Hati: <5ft=Small Scene, >=8ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Maryanne: <3.5ft=Small Scene, >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise

Player as pred:
Gerald: <=3.5ft=Small Scene, >7ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Skoll/Hati: <=4ft=Small Scene, >8ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise
Maryanne: <=3ft=Small Scene, >6.5ft=Large Scene, Default Scene otherwise

and if thats literally it, then weight is apparent that its meaningless, which kinda sucks

Nono, the pred's weight affects it too, I just didn't list those because it sounded like the height thresholds were what they were looking for. Most scenes have one weight threshold, save for Maple's, which has two. I originally wanted it to be affected by both characters weights, but I found that adding any more variations creates more variants than I can realistically have all be at least somewhat unique. I try not to make myself write so many versions of a scene that I run out of ideas and end up making a bunch of boring ones lol, and each threshold I add pretty much doubles the amount that needs to be written.

I would do more were I capable of it, but I am one person and I only have so much time and creativity.
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game