The Last Elf of Silverwood, A Vore RPG (MAJOR NEWS!!!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Should I release a Mobile build?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 705

Re: The Last Elf of Silverwood, A Vore RPG (Version 1.2 Upda

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:16 am

Yoshi174 wrote:This game is not bad at all so far. Just needs some background pics/maps specific to characters that aren't the generic mouth/stomach.

Where is the "Dev Hideout?" Can't seem to find it.

For the background pics, I currently don't have the skills or means to make edits, so I'll have to wait on that.

The Dev's Hideout can be found currently in three places.
1. The far right corner of the Roseberry Inn downstairs in the prologue
2. In the exact same place in the ruined Inn.
3. Next to the Guild hall in Rivdelle.

Just go up the cracked wall in each place and walk straight. You'll warped right in.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby letmeinn0w » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:14 am

Nice work so far, but it's a shame that the disposal stuff is out.

Maybe my files are corrupt or something, but I'm getting an error about not being able to load a map when I go through the door at the back of the bar, and and error about not being able to load a background music file when I walk in to the kitsune cave.
letmeinn0w
Been posting for a bit

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:22 am

letmeinn0w wrote:Nice work so far, but it's a shame that the disposal stuff is out.

Maybe my files are corrupt or something, but I'm getting an error about not being able to load a map when I go through the door at the back of the bar, and and error about not being able to load a background music file when I walk in to the kitsune cave.

The door in the back of the tavern leads to a scrapped location, and I may have forgotten to remove the scene. Same with the music in the Wolf Den.

Thanks for pointing those out.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby GeisKhan » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:39 pm

Dillybar12345 wrote:The door in the back of the tavern leads to a scrapped location, and I may have forgotten to remove the scene. Same with the music in the Wolf Den.

Missing "Ship3.ogg" error on the overworld and character naming screen, "Town1.ogg" in the starting in, and "03_The_Calm.ogg" errors in the Silverwood Village Ruins and the guild, just going through my save files after updating to V1.2. Seems old saves are not compatible with the new version, they're trying to load the old music files, even though the new ones are playing. If you load an old save, return to the menu, and start a new game the errors will persist too, unless you close and relaunch the game.
GeisKhan
Somewhat familiar

Postby ChaosStar0 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:46 pm

I think I encountered a bug of some kind. I played up to the battle against the Demon Maid and after the fight was a game over screen and I was sent back to the title screen.

Edit: Redid the fight and everything went right. Maybe cause MC KO'd during the fight the first time?
ChaosStar0
New to the forum

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:18 pm

ChaosStar0 wrote:I think I encountered a bug of some kind. I played up to the battle against the Demon Maid and after the fight was a game over screen and I was sent back to the title screen.

Edit: Redid the fight and everything went right. Maybe cause MC KO'd during the fight the first time?

Could have accidentally used the Give Up skill with allows you to automatically lose to view the lose scene of you wished to.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:21 pm

GeisKhan wrote:
Dillybar12345 wrote:The door in the back of the tavern leads to a scrapped location, and I may have forgotten to remove the scene. Same with the music in the Wolf Den.

Missing "Ship3.ogg" error on the overworld and character naming screen, "Town1.ogg" in the starting in, and "03_The_Calm.ogg" errors in the Silverwood Village Ruins and the guild, just going through my save files after updating to V1.2. Seems old saves are not compatible with the new version, they're trying to load the old music files, even though the new ones are playing. If you load an old save, return to the menu, and start a new game the errors will persist too, unless you close and relaunch the game.

Yes. Unfortunately, old saves won't work. I decided to go back to using the base RPG maker music, but only the ones meant for MV's soundtrack, so no bonus content, still setting it apart from other big titles like Mysta's Myst 2. Sorry, but I recommend starting new games until further notice.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Re: The Last Elf of Silverwood, A Vore RPG (Version 1.3 Upda

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:26 am

New update is released! Come check it out!
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby iepie122 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:58 pm

Ok, in all honesty, this update was kinda lackluster. I don't normally make longer posts but I will make an exception because I thought the first update was kinda ok.

So talking about what really pained me about this update is both the facts that despite there being 7 new scenes, there were only 2 real unique scenes. The scene with the mage was the only real unique scene but even then it was rather short with a quick climax and no build-up. All of them were just really something which, to quote QD from evenicle :wink: "emptistories" stories as basic as possible. In your game this would mostly come to: "You get swallowed, you pass out, the end.". Even though this may be good for small side characters like the mage, this is done for all of the new scenes, which makes the bosses even worse than it already is.

So to talk more about the bosses, this is just pain incarnate. None of the moves you get are really special, and most of it is just spamming as much as possible. The bosses attacks and you attack back, no type weaknesses, no real special moves done by specific bosses, all are just sprite-swaps of the same template boss you fight 3 times in a row. The only real change of pace you get is that their health will become higher and higher, which isn't a good thing. Mind you, I don't dislike long bosses, I am a JRPG fan at heart, but whenever there is a long bossfight in any JRPG it is because they are special and you will have many different strategies to defeat them, making the fun part finding out which strategy works and which do not. A V-Game which really shows this concept well is "The chosen one" where you can't level-grind because levels are bound to certain specific encounters. This makes the game more fun though because you can earn new equipment from sidequests if you want, making it easier to defeat the next boss, but you can also charge right through to the next boss and try to defeat them anyways, because most of the times you can! The same also kinda applies to the normal enemy fights, because all encounters are with the same enemy with no variety at all, you just attack them and they die, this becomes even more annoying because you have no AOE moves yet which can speed up these encounters a lot if you get to a level where they are never killing you, which should be there tho because they would otherwise become as annoying as they are now.

All in all I think you should get the general idea I am trying to convey: as a V-game this game is bad because none of your scenes have any real difference between them, which differs from your first update, and as a normal game this is just a drag because the normal encounters can never be killed easily, even when you are at a level where they are no threat anymore. And both the enemies and the bosses have no real variety, because the normal encounters are only 1 enemy and the bosses have just been copy-pasted down to their vore scenes.

I hope this will help you make a more interesting game, because the first update was a lot of fun to play through even though it was a bit rough around the edges!
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:28 am

iepie122 wrote:Ok, in all honesty, this update was kinda lackluster. I don't normally make longer posts but I will make an exception because I thought the first update was kinda ok.

So talking about what really pained me about this update is both the facts that despite there being 7 new scenes, there were only 2 real unique scenes. The scene with the mage was the only real unique scene but even then it was rather short with a quick climax and no build-up. All of them were just really something which, to quote QD from evenicle :wink: "emptistories" stories as basic as possible. In your game this would mostly come to: "You get swallowed, you pass out, the end.". Even though this may be good for small side characters like the mage, this is done for all of the new scenes, which makes the bosses even worse than it already is.

So to talk more about the bosses, this is just pain incarnate. None of the moves you get are really special, and most of it is just spamming as much as possible. The bosses attacks and you attack back, no type weaknesses, no real special moves done by specific bosses, all are just sprite-swaps of the same template boss you fight 3 times in a row. The only real change of pace you get is that their health will become higher and higher, which isn't a good thing. Mind you, I don't dislike long bosses, I am a JRPG fan at heart, but whenever there is a long bossfight in any JRPG it is because they are special and you will have many different strategies to defeat them, making the fun part finding out which strategy works and which do not. A V-Game which really shows this concept well is "The chosen one" where you can't level-grind because levels are bound to certain specific encounters. This makes the game more fun though because you can earn new equipment from sidequests if you want, making it easier to defeat the next boss, but you can also charge right through to the next boss and try to defeat them anyways, because most of the times you can! The same also kinda applies to the normal enemy fights, because all encounters are with the same enemy with no variety at all, you just attack them and they die, this becomes even more annoying because you have no AOE moves yet which can speed up these encounters a lot if you get to a level where they are never killing you, which should be there tho because they would otherwise become as annoying as they are now.

All in all I think you should get the general idea I am trying to convey: as a V-game this game is bad because none of your scenes have any real difference between them, which differs from your first update, and as a normal game this is just a drag because the normal encounters can never be killed easily, even when you are at a level where they are no threat anymore. And both the enemies and the bosses have no real variety, because the normal encounters are only 1 enemy and the bosses have just been copy-pasted down to their vore scenes.

I hope this will help you make a more interesting game, because the first update was a lot of fun to play through even though it was a bit rough around the edges!

Damn. That was lengthy. However I understand. I was debating on whether to do a polish update for 1.4 or 1.5, but it looks like 1.4 it is. I appreciate the feedback very much, and I will do what I can to make the scenes more interesting and the bosses more unique. I am still new to game making, so this really helped.

Also, the lightning spell is AOE, as all enemies are effected by it.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby Tunknownusert » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:26 am

Fish person is suppose to be a vore scene right? But whenever I speak to this character, they just say "You're too old".
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:23 am

I forgot to mention that this scene can only be triggered of you have Iris in your party.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:12 pm

Is this a player prey only game?
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:12 pm

umakeisee wrote:Is this a player prey only game?

For the time being, yes.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Dillybar12345 wrote:

For the time being, yes.

Any plans to add a player pred option?
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:48 pm

umakeisee wrote:
Dillybar12345 wrote:

For the time being, yes.

Any plans to add a player pred option?

Indeed. I am currently doing a polish up update and a few Player pred scenes will be added.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:56 pm

Nice! I'll keep an eye out for it. It might be a good idea to add an option to turn down the fish woman vore scene after being told you'd have to join.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KyleWaterdrop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:57 pm

umakeisee wrote:Nice! I'll keep an eye out for it. It might be a good idea to add an option to turn down the fish woman vore scene after being told you'd have to join.

Good Idea.
KyleWaterdrop
Participator

Postby Facility0 » Tue May 10, 2022 10:42 pm

Found a bug! When I go to the wolf den after the end of the prologue, I keep getting a notification to play some sort of file every few seconds and it kind of breaks the game.
Facility0
New to the forum

Postby Facility0 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:10 pm

There's also the fact that I can't ask the npcs about what I'm supposed to do again if I breezed through the initial dialogue :/
Facility0
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game