RPG maker MV technical help for vore game.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

RPG maker MV technical help for vore game.

Postby Datstrudel » Fri May 01, 2020 2:49 am

I'm not sure if this would be the correct forum, but I need assistance with RPG maker mv. I basically want to have it where after the main character/party loses, it doesn't go to game over so I can do a post defeat vore scene. Any idea what I could do?
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: RPG maker MV technical help for vore game.

Postby Daichi777 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:43 am

In the event where you've put the battle processing command (page 3 under scene control, or just edit the existing battle processing command you've put in), there's an option box to tick called "can lose".

It'll then split and give you 'If win / If lose' options
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 am

I've tried that, but it goes straight to game over anyway. I have set my character to immune to knockout and that seems to work for now. Every fight you lose should end with vore in my game. So I think what I tried will work. Thank you for the suggestion though. :-D
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lawrence Craft » Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Datstrudel wrote:I've tried that, but it goes straight to game over anyway.

You're talking about the random encounter, that you can set in the map settings, right?
Daichi777 mentioned another kind of encounter, one that can be set with a event, and is visible on the map (at least if you give the event an image).

Datstrudel wrote:I have set my character to immune to knockout and that seems to work for now. Every fight you lose should end with vore in my game. So I think what I tried will work. Thank you for the suggestion though. :-D

Well, that could work like you intend.
In that case you need to set the conditions in the troop settings to "Actor HP <= 0%", that should trigger the scene.
You can write your whole scene in the troop settings.
But don't forget to set the "Abort Battle" or "Game Over" command at the end of your scene, otherwise the battle will go on after the end of the scene, and that is maybe not, what you intend.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Daichi777 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:02 pm

Lawrence Craft wrote:You're talking about the random encounter, that you can set in the map settings, right?

*Bangs head against wall* When you forget random encounters exist :lol: I was wondering why he said it didn't work hahaha
DISCLAIMER: Due to impersonation & defamation. My official accounts are only on: Patreon, GiantessCity, Aryion, DeviantArt, & Twitter.
Daichi777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Garz » Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 am

The easiest way is to not use the random encounter system, and instead put scripted encounters.

Either make them all visible on the map, or have 'invisible' floor event tiles that block set locations (or even move around). That way you can determine exactly what you want to have happen when you lose a fight, and can even put in a random number to make it a random encounter to your leisure (or change the ending depending on the encounter). If you still want the player to be able to grind, then have the events come back when you leave the room (Most likely via just moving them in the first place)

Slightly more difficult, you can put a common event that is set to parallel. Have it count your steps as you move, and implement random encounters that way. Both of these let you simply implement lose conditions.

Setting things in each in-battle event for when your HP falls below the minimum is another route. If you don't mind the gauges being backwards, the laziest way to do /that/ is to have everything do MP damage instead, then rename your MP 'Health' and rename your HP 'Energy' or sommat. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about suddenly game over-ing when you're trying to have alternate endings (although healing spells would be a little odd) Still, you'd have to make sure that battle event was copied to each battle formation you make.

Finally you may be able to find a script online (Yanfly, perhaps?) which can let you set a scene after a game over.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ScienceTiny » Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 am

After a quick search, I found this script: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ior.67022/

It seems pretty simple, but it appears to be exactly what you were asking for, as it lets you set a common event to run when the player loses. It seems like it's worth a shot, and there's even a demo project that you can download to see how it's used.
ScienceTiny
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game