Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod)

Postby Maroy » Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm

WobblyWolfess wrote:Suggestion for the Predator Charm and multi prey situation: Upgradable Charm, the basic free one one prey, and progression of materials will make it much better and more efficient. Switching between if you want a better, faster digestive charm or a more prey charm.

Either that or a leveling system similar to that of Fallout Vore

I like the idea of the upgradeable charm a lot! I'm thinking maybe some combination of item progression and vore level progression.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby WobblyWolfess » Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Maroy wrote:
WobblyWolfess wrote:Suggestion for the Predator Charm and multi prey situation: Upgradable Charm, the basic free one one prey, and progression of materials will make it much better and more efficient. Switching between if you want a better, faster digestive charm or a more prey charm.

Either that or a leveling system similar to that of Fallout Vore

I like the idea of the upgradeable charm a lot! I'm thinking maybe some combination of item progression and vore level progression.

A good compromise! Has both aspects!

Either way I'm very happy to see this mod come to light, been wanting something like this for a real long while and I'm thankful for your work!
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Maroy wrote:Town NPC preds
Difficulty: 3/5
Requesters: ian66613
Comments: Since we can't add new dialogue options, I'm planning on implementing this via a "Prey Charm" item that when held makes the closest town NPC chase and eat the player.

I'm gonna feed the party girl SO MANY TIMES!

-------------------------------------------

EDITS:

Also... it's pretty suicidal to try to eat hostile mobs, as you take rapid damage from the contact.

And it seems we can "eat"... something... when I used it near some rocks.
I can't eat anything else, I can't barf this up, and nothing's being digested.

Luckily quitting and getting back in seems to reset things... Not that there's anything wrong with a big, gurgly, perma-belly.

...Also also... while unusual for the context... having the base boss theme(my favorite song in the game) play while we're digesting someone/thing... ain't half bad. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Maroy » Thu May 21, 2020 3:47 am

Turbotowns wrote:Also... it's pretty suicidal to try to eat hostile mobs, as you take rapid damage from the contact.

And it seems we can "eat"... something... when I used it near some rocks.
I can't eat anything else, I can't barf this up, and nothing's being digested.

Luckily quitting and getting back in seems to reset things... Not that there's anything wrong with a big, gurgly, perma-belly.

...Also also... while unusual for the context... having the base boss theme(my favorite song in the game) play while we're digesting someone/thing... ain't half bad. XD

Most of these bugs will be fixed in the next update! Thanks for the heads-up.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Thu May 21, 2020 3:51 am

Might want to clarify in the OP that tmodloader doesn't currently work with the newest version of Terraria, and neither does this mod.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 am

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:Might want to clarify in the OP that tmodloader doesn't currently work with the newest version of Terraria, and neither does this mod.

Good idea; I'll add that!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:13 am

You could add a "Soul Vore" accessory that allows you to consume something and poop out a random soul item (from hard+ mode progression.) If you consume an NPC with the item, they won't respawn for 7 in-game days rather than just one day or same day. You could create a custom Succubus NPC that sells that and other vore-related items. Oncey ou have the ability to become prey, she could also randomly eat you if you come near her.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 am

If I may make a simple request, I'd certainly hope that, if NPC Preds is a made a thing, there's an option to set what NPCs can actually do it. Either by gender or individually or whatever. Because like, I'd like to be prey to the various girls, but the not so much any of the several beardy grandpa's(whom there are more of than girls, somehow).
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rumir » Thu May 21, 2020 6:52 am

Turbotowns wrote:Will eating the guide summon the wall of flesh? XD
(joke, not a serious question)

Non fatal vore the guide, then regurgitate him into the lava in hell.
In theory, everyone could develop a game.
It may not be the best game, but it is a game after all.
Rumir
New to the forum

Postby Maroy » Thu May 21, 2020 12:48 pm

ian66613 wrote:You could add a "Soul Vore" accessory that allows you to consume something and poop out a random soul item (from hard+ mode progression.) If you consume an NPC with the item, they won't respawn for 7 in-game days rather than just one day or same day.

That's a great way to imitate soul vore and won't be too much of a pain to implement; good idea! For simplicity's sake I'm leaning towards an item progression of various Charms, starting with Predator and Prey Charms, so I'd probably implement this with a Soul Charm available in hard mode that adds the drop to any prey you digest.

ian66613 wrote:You could create a custom Succubus NPC that sells that and other vore-related items. Oncey ou have the ability to become prey, she could also randomly eat you if you come near her.

I was planning on making a custom shopkeep NPC already, but I wasn't sure what appearance to use for them. A succubus would be perfect!

DollyFailFail wrote:If I may make a simple request, I'd certainly hope that, if NPC Preds is a made a thing, there's an option to set what NPCs can actually do it. Either by gender or individually or whatever. Because like, I'd like to be prey to the various girls, but the not so much any of the several beardy grandpa's(whom there are more of than girls, somehow).

For the initial version of NPC preds, you'll need to use a Prey Charm directly on an NPC to get them to eat you (changing their AI to chase/attack you led to some really buggy behavior). So you'll only get eaten by NPCs you directly ask to! If I add the ability for the NPCs to randomly eat you later, I'll make sure there are settings for gender at the very least.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Thu May 21, 2020 2:49 pm

yes! finally I've been waiting for so long!
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby scrumpy80 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 pm

I thought I'd just mention, if you're still experimenting with making mobs and or bosses eat the player, you might want to look to the Wall of Flesh's mechanics. It has the power to drag the player towards its mouth(es) should they somehow get behind it, so if there's a way to repurpose that code it could be a good start.
scrumpy80
New to the forum

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.2.0 (Updated 05/22/20)

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 6:01 am

Version v0.2.0 is here! Let me know if you run into any bugs, or if you'd like to see additional changes to the features implemented in this release.

Changelog

Change: Replace "Vore" item with something more lore-friendly
Difficulty: 1/5
Requesters: None
Comments: Replaced with a "Predator Charm" item. Same functionality and crafting recipe as before.

Feature: Multiple prey at once
Difficulty: 4/5
Requesters: Shimakaze, GrabrielTMM
Comments: First rollout has no cap on the number of prey. There's a new UI panel under the hotbar listing any prey you are currently carrying.

Feature: Predator/prey/digestion settings
Requesters: DollyFailFail
Comments: The Mod Configuration menu in-game now has settings for male and female players, male and female NPCs, and other mobs for determining whether each can be a predator, prey, digest others, or be digested.

Feature: Town NPC preds (plus barebones mob preds)
Requesters: ian66613
Comments: I implemented this via a "Prey Charm" item that can be used on NPCs to make them swallow the player. This also works on non-town NPCs, but they will not swallow the player otherwise and don't have any custom belly sprites.

Feature: Separate male/female sound effects
Requesters: Nomad_Zeke
Comments: Added an alternative burping sound for female characters.

Feature: Belly swallow animation
Requesters: None
Comments: Smoothly animates the belly from empty to full or full to empty when swallowing or regurgitating. I think it adds a nice bit of polish.

Bug: Prey can take damage and die without being digested
Difficulty: 2/5
Reporters: Gendor
Comments: Prevented hitregs for all NPC <-> Player, NPC <-> NPC, and Player <-> Player attacks if either involved entity is currently swallowed. There might be other edge cases of taking damage that would need to be fixed still.

Bug: Boss music plays while digesting
Reporters: Turbotowns
Comments: Tested with music turned off so I didn't even notice the music changed. The mod temporarily flagged digesting mobs as bosses so they wouldn't despawn, but that change was no longer necessary.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am

I seem to have found a bug: Let's say you've devoured a mob and digested it. You take a bit of damage before the mob dies.
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CaptainSalty » Fri May 22, 2020 11:21 am

HamoodyTheWolf wrote:I seem to have found a bug: Let's say you've devoured a mob and digested it. You take a bit of damage before the mob dies.

I have the same issue aswell.

Btw, love the mod.
Very very glad someone made a vore mod for this game.
BKS
CaptainSalty
New to the forum

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:33 am

HamoodyTheWolf wrote:I seem to have found a bug: Let's say you've devoured a mob and digested it. You take a bit of damage before the mob dies.

Ack, you're right. I've added it to my bug list!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm

I really like the mod so far but I have some questions and a few requests... could you add new monsters and different vores2, and I noticed the monsters don't have bellies when you feed yourself to them so I was wondering if bellies are already going to be added to the mod?
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Maroy wrote:

Ack, you're right. I've added it to my bug list!

Good luck!

And btw, after you fixed it, hopefully you'd give us a small update about it because "eating mobs and taking damage before you digest them" kinda ruins the mod. Nonetheless, this mod is super fun and I can't wait to see where this goes. :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Blueordo » Fri May 22, 2020 2:47 pm

I don't have terraria, was interested in getting it and now that there's a vore mod for it? Even more likely so.

just want to know if there's only oral vore, and if being swallowed is animated or it's just "you magically teleport into the belly" type of stuff.
Blueordo
New to the forum

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 2:49 pm

I hope that someday soon I'll actually have Terraria so I can see the mod in action
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game