Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.3.0 (Updated 05/26/20)

Postby Maroy » Fri May 29, 2020 12:22 pm

paperairplaneclip wrote:Hey! I've been looking for a bit and I'm still not sure, what materials are needed to craft a better throat amulet? The prey keeps escaping all the time :(

The current recipe is 5 metal bars (e.g. Iron Bars, Gold Bars, Crimtane Bars, etc.) and two Amethysts at any Anvil, with the rarity of the bars determining the power of the Amulet. I can rebalance this if needed
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Fri May 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Btw, hopefully in the next update, you'll do something about digestion damage. Because, uh... I'm having a hard time digesting hardmode enemys ^^;
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maroy » Fri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Egads wrote:Btw, hopefully in the next update, you'll do something about digestion damage. Because, uh... I'm having a hard time digesting hardmode enemys ^^;

Yup, I'll be changing the damage formula significantly because it's definitely not working past early game right now
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby KraGo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Do all enemies have a chance to eat you, even the small ones like corrupt bunnies and piranhas?
KraGo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Qu0rble » Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Are the bosses going to be able to be eaten if you use like a really rare resource, maybe the Luminite bars could make any mob in the game edible?
Qu0rble
New to the forum

Postby Younger99 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:32 pm

If possible maybe you could add custom predator npcs in a manner similar to the Starbound Vore Mod?
If not static predator objects X3
Younger99
Participator

Postby UrsolMajor » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am

Wolves, werewolves and unicorns would all be cool to see sprites for. :>
UrsolMajor
New to the forum

Postby Maroy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 am

KraGo wrote:Do all enemies have a chance to eat you, even the small ones like corrupt bunnies and piranhas?

Yes, but smaller, weaker enemies will be much easier to escape from.
Younger99 wrote:If possible maybe you could add custom predator npcs in a manner similar to the Starbound Vore Mod?
If not static predator objects X3

Theoretically, yes! I'm not good enough at sprite work to create NPCs from scratch but if someone else makes the sprites I can definitely implement them in the code.
UrsolMajor wrote:Wolves, werewolves and unicorns would all be cool to see sprites for. :>

Added to the list!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby kenny043033 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:51 am

*I wrote a translator*
Your mod is very good. I am very looking forward to the next update. So when is the next update?
kenny043033
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Sat May 30, 2020 12:02 pm

kenny043033 wrote:*I wrote a translator*
Your mod is very good. I am very looking forward to the next update. So when is the next update?

I don't have a specific date in mind yet, but I'm hoping to get a major update out in the latter half of this week!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby KraGo » Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Hey! I'm pretty good at sprite work. If you want, I'll make some NPCs for ya, or fool around with existing enemies to add a belly.
KraGo
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm

Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this project, but until disposal stuff is added I rather not go through the hassle of installing Terraria and then mod it.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Maroy » Sat May 30, 2020 1:55 pm

KraGo wrote:Hey! I'm pretty good at sprite work. If you want, I'll make some NPCs for ya, or fool around with existing enemies to add a belly.

The more the merrier! I'll PM you.
DarkPinkie wrote:Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this project, but until disposal stuff is added I rather not go through the hassle of installing Terraria and then mod it.

Fair enough! Scat disposal is on the roadmap for either this next release or the one after.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat May 30, 2020 3:04 pm

Have you considered the previously mentioned possible solution to the whole 'enemies that pass through things just dive off into the ground after eating you' issue?

ekadragon wrote:I think I've got a idea how you could ensure the enemy doesn't leave/dig away endlessly... have a code where it spawns a invisible target dummy that the enemy goes after constantly (that is also not able to be vored or otherwise damaged) so that the enemy will follow it's normal behaviour of trying to attack a viable target, then have the dummy 'die' and disappear when certain criteria are met (the vore completes, you break free or the enemy is somehow killed (by summons or other players) as potential criteria). Of course, this would also have to be under the priority for a enemy's normal leaving if by time of day (to prevent a boss or timed enemies like possessed armors being kept permanently there when it should leave when it becomes day etc).

I'd suggest also limiting this feature to enemies that pass through blocks of course. So stuff like worms and most bosses.

Also, the last part of it brings up an interesting point; what happens to enemies who leave at day if you're still inside them when day hits. Do they just wander off in a random direction endlessly(or until night at least) with you still trapped inside?

Edit: Also, since I'd assume you'll be having config options that let the player manually disable the different flagged groups of mobs/npcs from being able to vore, you should have it be possible to enable projectiles and inanimate NPCs(such as the crystal) to vore/be vored. You know, for the memes.
Last edited by DollyFailFail on Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheSignPainter » Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:Also, the last part of it brings up an interesting point; what happens to enemies who leave at day if you're still inside them when day hits. Do they just wander off in a random direction endlessly(or until night at least) with you still trapped inside?

They do, and I know this because I got softlocked after an Ice Queen I'd intentionally gotten myself eaten by during the day flew out of bounds. o3o
The game doesn't usually expect you to be near those enemies that much, so naturally there isn't much stuff for when the player's still near 'em.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat May 30, 2020 3:13 pm

TheSignPainter wrote:They do, and I know this because I got softlocked after an Ice Queen I'd intentionally gotten myself eaten by during the day flew out of bounds. o3o
The game doesn't usually expect you to be near those enemies that much, so naturally there isn't much stuff for when the player's still near 'em.

Ooh, I gotta admit, the idea of a pred eating you and then just leaving and carrying you off with them is kinda hot :oops:

Edit: Well, until the point where they get into a location where you can't see them anymore.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ekadragon » Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 am

DollyFailFail wrote:
TheSignPainter wrote:They do, and I know this because I got softlocked after an Ice Queen I'd intentionally gotten myself eaten by during the day flew out of bounds. o3o

Ooh, I gotta admit, the idea of a pred eating you and then just leaving and carrying you off with them is kinda hot :oops:

Edit: Well, until the point where they get into a location where you can't see them anymore.

The problem with that is if the player somehow gets free while out of bounds, it'd crash terraria, so we ideally want to avoid that happening. A failsafe for that sort of situation (like the worms and bosses etc) would be a good idea. Same if a enemy vanishes (either teleporting like the goblin invasion wizards or legit vanishing like the mobs in the eternia crystal challenges do if you win or lose.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun May 31, 2020 9:55 am

Unable to download the mod. The "Gofile" site is having trouble and just won't load properly.

EDIT: Finally loaded but....
"Upload does not exist"

Might I recommend using Mega or Dropbox?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Maroy » Sun May 31, 2020 12:32 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Unable to download the mod. The "Gofile" site is having trouble and just won't load properly.

EDIT: Finally loaded but....
"Upload does not exist"

Might I recommend using Mega or Dropbox?

Sure thing! I've updated the thread topic post to use Mega links.
DollyFailFail wrote:Have you considered the previously mentioned possible solution to the whole 'enemies that pass through things just dive off into the ground after eating you' issue?

I spent some time trying to implement that solution but it ended up not working out; most enemies seem to ignore the dummies. It did give me a different idea though that I'm pretty sure will work.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun May 31, 2020 12:52 pm

Decryption Key required. [I swear I feel as if LIFE is telling me to not get this mod.]
Ryan-Drakel
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game