Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.2.0 (Updated 05/22/20)

Postby GREGOLE » Fri May 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Gave this a try, got into the game. Was really fun! Nice and smooth, feels organic, only occasional bugs. Thought I'd call attention to this though, in case you wanna do something with it.

While spelunking through the caves, I got ambushed by what I THINK was a devourer. Worm monster where each individual segment has its own ID. I managed to hit it with the swallow attack, but was still killed. When I respawned with a full belly, the thing's body and tail were still hanging out of my mouth, continuing to do damage until I managed to regurgitate it.

Not sure if that counts as a bug or just a bit of hilarity, but it seems worth bringing up.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 3:30 pm

I'd assume it was a bug, but honestly, it sounds pretty funny and realistic. Mayhaps you should have continued hitting the parts with the charm until you ate the whole thing?
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WobblyWolfess » Fri May 22, 2020 4:13 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:I hope that someday soon I'll actually have Terraria so I can see the mod in action

I'll probably record some footage of it in a bit just to show you in its current state!
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Mega-response incoming! TL;DR bugfix patch coming very soon.

HamoodyTheWolf wrote:And btw, after you fixed it, hopefully you'd give us a small update about it because "eating mobs and taking damage before you digest them" kinda ruins the mod. Nonetheless, this mod is super fun and I can't wait to see where this goes. :D

Yup, I totally agree! Glad you like what you can see what you're not getting splatted though :lol: I'll have a new patch out within the next couple of hours to address these bugs.

princejaxonhellsing wrote:I really like the mod so far but I have some questions and a few requests... could you add new monsters and different vores2, and I noticed the monsters don't have bellies when you feed yourself to them so I was wondering if bellies are already going to be added to the mod?

Not sure what you mean by different vores ^^;

Setting up belly sprites for every monster will take a ton of time, and to be honest my sprite art skills are pretty lackluster, so I'll have to add them gradually on a case-by-case basis. Are there any ones in particular you'd like to see belly sprites for? I'll prioritize whatever people ask for!

Blueordo wrote:just want to know if there's only oral vore, and if being swallowed is animated or it's just "you magically teleport into the belly" type of stuff.

Only magical teleporting oral vore for now, unfortunately. I'm not great at sprite animations, and I've found that Terraria sprites are so small to begin with it's hard to add detailed animations with so few pixels. I'm open to suggestions (or help, I suppose, if anyone's interested in contributing art)!

DollyFailFail wrote:I hope that someday soon I'll actually have Terraria so I can see the mod in action

Glad you're interested! I'll see if I can record a gameplay tutorial/trailer later to show off the mod in action.

WobblyWolfess wrote:I'll probably record some footage of it in a bit just to show you in its current state!

That would be awesome! I'd love to link something like that in the thread post if you're up for it; my screenshotting skills are pretty lame.

GREGOLE wrote:While spelunking through the caves, I got ambushed by what I THINK was a devourer. Worm monster where each individual segment has its own ID. I managed to hit it with the swallow attack, but was still killed. When I respawned with a full belly, the thing's body and tail were still hanging out of my mouth, continuing to do damage until I managed to regurgitate it.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think about the segmented worm-type monsters. I'm sure mod support for those is an absolute disaster since the game probably treats each segment as a different mob ^^; I'll definitely add it as a bug and do some more investigation there.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby WobblyWolfess » Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm

I will say though, the configuration seems to start off as completely off by default, is that intended?

Recording footage now!
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 4:45 pm

WobblyWolfess wrote:I will say though, the configuration seems to start off as completely off by default, is that intended?

^^; Guess I have another bugfix to add to this next patch!
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I've started tracking all of the feature and bug requests here to make it easier for you all to follow the status of development: Trello: Voraria Development If you don't see something on the board, or have any questions, feel free to ask them here in this thread!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby WobblyWolfess » Fri May 22, 2020 5:29 pm

I've recorded a little footage, but it's not a lot, still gonna take some time to upload on my awful internet but this should be at this link when it's finished!

https://youtu.be/ob9js6Lwuh8
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 5:34 pm

If I may, I'd suggest that the best place to start with mob bellies would either be Harpies or Slimes. Slimes are the most common enemy type in the game, and you can basically just re-use the same sprite with different colors for slimes of the same size. At the same time though, they may ironically be more complicated because you'd expect the player character to be visible inside, which would require a modified system from other mobs.

Meanwhile Harpies, well, they're basically just a classic monster girl, so they're undoubtedly going to be popular, and they're rather common enemies to boot.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WobblyWolfess » Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Video is finally ready though, sorry it's not like the most amazing quality but it's a little demonstration of what's currently available!
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Fri May 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Maroy wrote:Mega-response incoming! TL;DR bugfix patch coming very soon.

HamoodyTheWolf wrote:And btw, after you fixed it, hopefully you'd give us a small update about it because "eating mobs and taking damage before you digest them" kinda ruins the mod. Nonetheless, this mod is super fun and I can't wait to see where this goes. :D

Yup, I totally agree! Glad you like what you can see what you're not getting splatted though :lol: I'll have a new patch out within the next couple of hours to address these bugs.

princejaxonhellsing wrote:I really like the mod so far but I have some questions and a few requests... could you add new monsters and different vores2, and I noticed the monsters don't have bellies when you feed yourself to them so I was wondering if bellies are already going to be added to the mod?

Not sure what you mean by different vores ^^;

Setting up belly sprites for every monster will take a ton of time, and to be honest my sprite art skills are pretty lackluster, so I'll have to add them gradually on a case-by-case basis. Are there any ones in particular you'd like to see belly sprites for? I'll prioritize whatever people ask for!

Blueordo wrote:just want to know if there's only oral vore, and if being swallowed is animated or it's just "you magically teleport into the belly" type of stuff.

Only magical teleporting oral vore for now, unfortunately. I'm not great at sprite animations, and I've found that Terraria sprites are so small to begin with it's hard to add detailed animations with so few pixels. I'm open to suggestions (or help, I suppose, if anyone's interested in contributing art)!

Glad you're interested! I'll see if I can record a gameplay tutorial/trailer later to show off the mod in action.

WobblyWolfess wrote:I'll probably record some footage of it in a bit just to show you in its current state!

That would be awesome! I'd love to link something like that in the thread post if you're up for it; my screenshotting skills are pretty lame.

GREGOLE wrote:While spelunking through the caves, I got ambushed by what I THINK was a devourer. Worm monster where each individual segment has its own ID. I managed to hit it with the swallow attack, but was still killed. When I respawned with a full belly, the thing's body and tail were still hanging out of my mouth, continuing to do damage until I managed to regurgitate it.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think about the segmented worm-type monsters. I'm sure mod support for those is an absolute disaster since the game probably treats each segment as a different mob ^^; I'll definitely add it as a bug and do some more investigation there.

I meant different vores like different vore type like av cv n stuff
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby NamiSan » Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Maroy wrote:[*]More to come! Comment here on the discussion thread with feature requests or bug reports.[/list]

Yo, I would love to see the breast vore type in your mod I don't know if it would be hard for you to do it, or if you even would accept to try to add it :silly:
NamiSan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 6:45 pm

WobblyWolfess wrote:Video is finally ready though, sorry it's not like the most amazing quality but it's a little demonstration of what's currently available!

Looks great! I added a link to it to the first post, if that's okay with you.

DollyFailFail wrote:If I may, I'd suggest that the best place to start with mob bellies would either be Harpies or Slimes. Slimes are the most common enemy type in the game, and you can basically just re-use the same sprite with different colors for slimes of the same size. At the same time though, they may ironically be more complicated because you'd expect the player character to be visible inside, which would require a modified system from other mobs.

Meanwhile Harpies, well, they're basically just a classic monster girl, so they're undoubtedly going to be popular, and they're rather common enemies to boot.

Great suggestions! I''ve added them to the feature requests board. Slimes will be an interesting edge case that probably won't be useful for most other preds, but light on graphics work since it'd just be scaling the slimes up and rendering the player sprite inside them, unless I'm missing something. Harpies shouldn't require many code changes but they'll definitely need a new belly sprite due to the angles involved. Both very doable!

princejaxonhellsing wrote:I meant different vores like different vore type like av cv n stuff

NamiSan wrote:Yo, I would love to see the breast vore type in your mod I don't know if it would be hard for you to do it, or if you even would accept to try to add it :silly:

Gotcha! I'd love some help brainstorming approaches for these. I'm mostly an oral kind of gal but I definitely want to support everyone's preferred vore methods too. I'm thinking I'll need a "slot" system to track which body part each prey is being held in, but the underlying vore/digestion mechanics should be fairly universal.

For anal vore, since I can't change or add player poses for custom animations, I could probably try to do something with the new sitting pose coming in 1.4 and do a "slide down the prey's body" bit, although that'll look weird for prey that are larger than the player. Adding any kind of ass expansion would be really hard with so few pixels to work with. In the meantime, I'd probably just change the "swallow" sound effect to something more appropriate for anal vore and use the rest of the oral vore mechanics as-is.

Change some sound effects and flavor text, and unbirth could probably use the same graphics and mechanics as anal vore, plus the potential for some more exotic mechanics like healing, regression and cum digestion.

Breast vore is probably doable using new layered sprites for each breast and having them grow/shrink, like how the belly works currently. Wouldn't work with armor/clothing, and would probably be a bit oversized/hyper-sized due to sprite size, but definitely not impossible! This one I think will be especially tricky to apply to non-human NPCs to try to make everything line up correctly.

Cock vore would definitely be another layered sprite. This one should probably have two separate sprites and animations, for the actual cock vore and for expanding/shrinking the balls. Also would need to be oversized/hyper due to the small sprite size. Cum digestion could be a fun ability too, although I'm hesitant to turn this into a full-on sex mod.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby WobblyWolfess » Fri May 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Maroy wrote:
WobblyWolfess wrote:Video is finally ready though, sorry it's not like the most amazing quality but it's a little demonstration of what's currently available!

Looks great! I added a link to it to the first post, if that's okay with you.

DollyFailFail wrote:If I may, I'd suggest that the best place to start with mob bellies would either be Harpies or Slimes. Slimes are the most common enemy type in the game, and you can basically just re-use the same sprite with different colors for slimes of the same size. At the same time though, they may ironically be more complicated because you'd expect the player character to be visible inside, which would require a modified system from other mobs.

Great suggestions! I''ve added them to the feature requests board. Slimes will be an interesting edge case that probably won't be useful for most other preds, but light on graphics work since it'd just be scaling the slimes up and rendering the player sprite inside them, unless I'm missing something. Harpies shouldn't require many code changes but they'll definitely need a new belly sprite due to the angles involved. Both very doable!

princejaxonhellsing wrote:I meant different vores like different vore type like av cv n stuff

NamiSan wrote:Yo, I would love to see the breast vore type in your mod I don't know if it would be hard for you to do it, or if you even would accept to try to add it :silly:

Gotcha! I'd love some help brainstorming approaches for these. I'm mostly an oral kind of gal but I definitely want to support everyone's preferred vore methods too. I'm thinking I'll need a "slot" system to track which body part each prey is being held in, but the underlying vore/digestion mechanics should be fairly universal.

For anal vore, since I can't change or add player poses for custom animations, I could probably try to do something with the new sitting pose coming in 1.4 and do a "slide down the prey's body" bit, although that'll look weird for prey that are larger than the player. Adding any kind of ass expansion would be really hard with so few pixels to work with. In the meantime, I'd probably just change the "swallow" sound effect to something more appropriate for anal vore and use the rest of the oral vore mechanics as-is.

Change some sound effects and flavor text, and unbirth could probably use the same graphics and mechanics as anal vore, plus the potential for some more exotic mechanics like healing, regression and cum digestion.

Breast vore is probably doable using new layered sprites for each breast and having them grow/shrink, like how the belly works currently. Wouldn't work with armor/clothing, and would probably be a bit oversized/hyper-sized due to sprite size, but definitely not impossible! This one I think will be especially tricky to apply to non-human NPCs to try to make everything line up correctly.

Cock vore would definitely be another layered sprite. This one should probably have two separate sprites and animations, for the actual cock vore and for expanding/shrinking the balls. Also would need to be oversized/hyper due to the small sprite size. Cum digestion could be a fun ability too, although I'm hesitant to turn this into a full-on sex mod.

Video's all yours! I hope to make better footage when I can, just currently I didn't have a world set up for it plus the mod is still in its early stages!
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheSignPainter » Fri May 22, 2020 7:15 pm

This is a pretty neat little mod you have going here! Surprised that anyone other than myself was interested enough in this to take a swing at a mod for it.
Quick little bug thing I noticed, though: digested NPCs don't actually drop any loot, nor is there any way to make them do so. Is this intentional? And if so, will there be a way to get loot from your prey in the future?
Either way, it's a lovely start and I'm definitely hoping to see more of it.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm

TheSignPainter wrote:This is a pretty neat little mod you have going here! Surprised that anyone other than myself was interested enough in this to take a swing at a mod for it.
Quick little bug thing I noticed, though: digested NPCs don't actually drop any loot, nor is there any way to make them do so. Is this intentional? And if so, will there be a way to get loot from your prey in the future?
Either way, it's a lovely start and I'm definitely hoping to see more of it.

Glad you're interested! That's definitely a bug, oops. I'll make sure it's fixed in the next patch!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm

The Nymph would probably be the easiest mob to start with in terms of sprites, since it requires no edits to the existing player prey system and could literally just use the pre-existing belly sprites, but they're fairly rare of a mob and only get rarer come hard mode, which is why I didn't suggest them first.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 22, 2020 7:39 pm

That's an adorable new avatar Maroy!
Also, HOLY CROW, so much stuff!
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm

Frankly, I'd kinda hope for different enemies to be able to use different types of vore eventually, but I'm well aware that such a thing is wishful thinking and incredibly distant, especially since, what with not every type of vore being everyones thing, you'd need to have a way to stop enemies(possibly even individual enemies) from doing such a thing. So I'll be more than happy to just enjoy whatever we get.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Ah this is a fun development. I know there's a nude mod for terraria floating around out there, maybe that'd be good 'framework' to use for other types of vore eventually? And I either missed it or nobody mentioned it yet (probably the former) but custom death messages? <Playername> got gurgled by... or such like that.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game