Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.2.0 (Updated 05/22/20)

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 8:12 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:The Nymph would probably be the easiest mob to start with in terms of sprites, since it requires no edits to the existing player prey system and could literally just use the pre-existing belly sprites, but they're fairly rare of a mob and only get rarer come hard mode, which is why I didn't suggest them first.

It's a super easy one so I'll add it to the backlog!

Turbotowns wrote:That's an adorable new avatar Maroy!

Thanks!

DollyFailFail wrote:Frankly, I'd kinda hope for different enemies to be able to use different types of vore eventually, but I'm well aware that such a thing is wishful thinking and incredibly distant, especially since, what with not every type of vore being everyones thing, you'd need to have a way to stop enemies(possibly even individual enemies) from doing such a thing. So I'll be more than happy to just enjoy whatever we get.

It's a more long-term objective but that would definitely be the end-game of the mod, as it were. I'm not too worried about the configurations from an engineering standpoint, although the settings UI might end up absurdly dense :lol:

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Ah this is a fun development. I know there's a nude mod for terraria floating around out there, maybe that'd be good 'framework' to use for other types of vore eventually? And I either missed it or nobody mentioned it yet (probably the former) but custom death messages? <Playername> got gurgled by... or such like that.

That's a good callout, I'll see if I can track that down after I get these bugs stomped. And I'm pretty sure I read how to add those death messages so I'll get that added to the feature requests board!
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Fri May 22, 2020 8:15 pm

I found the mod for ya here: https://www.undertow.club/threads/terra ... -mod.8426/
Looks like it'll work better with Journey's End though from what I'm reading.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 pm

I... can't eat anything... at least, I can't eat the NPCs nor can I eat any squirrels or rabbits...

EDIT: can't eat zombies or eyeballs, and I can't feed myself to any NPCs.
The charms are broke. XD
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Yeah, from what I've heard for some reason the mod apparently starts with vore completely disabled, you have to manually re-enable it in the mod config menu
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I... can't eat anything... at least, I can't eat the NPCs nor can I eat any squirrels or rabbits.

Try checking the mod configuration in-game (Settings -> Mod Configuration -> Voraria: Settings) and make sure the correct items are checked. There's a bug where the settings default to off.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Alright...
Ah, yeah, here we are.

Thanks! ^^'
Turbotowns
???

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.2.1 (Updated 05/23/20)

Postby Maroy » Fri May 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Version 0.2.1 is released! This is mostly a bugfix patch to fix all of the issues you all uncovered today, but it does add the new Succubus NPC as a shopkeeper for vore-related items. Thanks for helping out and reporting issues!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Found another bug: After eating a mob and using the Shield of Cthulhu, the prey takes damage.

EDIT: Also, I got a suggestion: Let's say you let the nurse eat you. Wouldn't it make sense for her to "heal" you inside? It kinda makes sense :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WobblyWolfess » Sat May 23, 2020 2:46 am

Possible Bug: Nurses can heal those inside of the player/preds. I had a Nurse throw a bunch of syringes at me, ow x3x
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonlord » Sat May 23, 2020 3:58 am

Alright based on my ninety minutes test run of this mod as a player completely new to the game I've got these suggestions to make.

1. Either have the tutorial guy or the succubus explain a few of the mechanics to the player, I almost thought you couldn't escape as prey until I saw the video in here and had to run through the keyboard.
2. I think the digestion rate should either be nerfed or set to a sliding scale because its current rate of about five damage a second seems extreme to me.
3. Definitely need to make multiprey an upgrade as I get the feeling I shouldn't be leaping into a pit full of 7-9 antlion chargers and coming out of it with more hp than I went in with.
4. Is there any way to make it to where prey doesn't explode into gibbets around the pred?

Otherwise you seem to have a fairly good ground work laid out and I look forward to seeing what you do with this.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Sat May 23, 2020 4:48 am

Egads wrote:Found another bug: After eating a mob and using the Shield of Cthulhu, the prey takes damage.

Yup, I've noticed the same thing happens with other secondary sources of damage like minecarts. Apparently there's an open tModLoader bug for the inability to adjust special damage so hopefully that'll be fixable when they update for Terraria 1.4!
Egads wrote:EDIT: Also, I got a suggestion: Let's say you let the nurse eat you. Wouldn't it make sense for her to "heal" you inside? It kinda makes sense :D

A non-fatal variant of vore with a healing effect would be pretty a neat mechanic IMO, and the Nurse and maybe Dryad would be obvious choices to apply that to. I'll add it to the feature request board. Although apparently the Nurse can heal you anyway :lol:
WobblyWolfess wrote:Possible Bug: Nurses can heal those inside of the player/preds. I had a Nurse throw a bunch of syringes at me, ow x3x

Unfortunately it looks like this is another thing that can't be fixed through mods currently :( There's basically no way to control the town NPCs' attacks and affect their targets or damage.

Dragonlord wrote:Alright based on my ninety minutes test run of this mod as a player completely new to the game I've got these suggestions to make.
1. Either have the tutorial guy or the succubus explain a few of the mechanics to the player, I almost thought you couldn't escape as prey until I saw the video in here and had to run through the keyboard.
2. I think the digestion rate should either be nerfed or set to a sliding scale because its current rate of about five damage a second seems extreme to me.
3. Definitely need to make multiprey an upgrade as I get the feeling I shouldn't be leaping into a pit full of 7-9 antlion chargers and coming out of it with more hp than I went in with.
4. Is there any way to make it to where prey doesn't explode into gibbets around the pred?

Otherwise you seem to have a fairly good ground work laid out and I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Wow, thanks for the extensive feedback! I'll definitely be focusing on "game-ifying" and balancing the mechanics for the next big update. I added the Help menu to the Succubus largely as a placeholder but that would be a great place to add a few pages of instructions in addition to the blurbs in the thread post here. I'll be playing around with the digestion rate, healing rate, and prey cap, and probably tying all of them to an item progression tree so you'd need to upgrade the charms using increasingly rarer items to be more effective.

Unfortunately the giblets are a necessary consequence of needing to use the vanilla NPC death handling for item drops, but I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with some kind of workaround.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:07 am

Another suggestion for the future, is to potentially add a mini biome for the surface that arrives when the hallowed spawns in the world upon triggering hardmode. A valkyrie / angel village to complement our friendly succubus NPC as her sworn enemies. Or perhaps just as a wave-based event like the goblin army. They want to eat all of you and your NPCs to "purify" them. One of them could be a mage and act as a hallowed version of the corruptor enemy from the corruption.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Maroy » Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 am

ian66613 wrote:Another suggestion for the future, is to potentially add a mini biome for the surface that arrives when the hallowed spawns in the world upon triggering hardmode. A valkyrie / angel village to complement our friendly succubus NPC as her sworn enemies. Or perhaps just as a wave-based event like the goblin army. They want to eat all of you and your NPCs to "purify" them. One of them could be a mage and act as a hallowed version of the corruptor enemy from the corruption.

That does sound like a fun endgame event to help flesh out the "lore" of the mod! I'd need to do a lot of investigation to figure out how it'd all work but I'll definitely add it to the list for later down the line.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby WobblyWolfess » Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 am

Maroy wrote:
ian66613 wrote:Another suggestion for the future, is to potentially add a mini biome for the surface that arrives when the hallowed spawns in the world upon triggering hardmode. A valkyrie / angel village to complement our friendly succubus NPC as her sworn enemies. Or perhaps just as a wave-based event like the goblin army. They want to eat all of you and your NPCs to "purify" them. One of them could be a mage and act as a hallowed version of the corruptor enemy from the corruption.

That does sound like a fun endgame event to help flesh out the "lore" of the mod! I'd need to do a lot of investigation to figure out how it'd all work but I'll definitely add it to the list for later down the line.

I'm assuming the whole village thing would be out of the question though because biome conversion such as when the Hallow becomes a thing in a hardmode world is the equivalent to just painting the world a bit of a biome rather than placing new blocks.
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Sat May 23, 2020 5:45 am

WobblyWolfess wrote:I'm assuming the whole village thing would be out of the question though because biome conversion such as when the Hallow becomes a thing in a hardmode world is the equivalent to just painting the world a bit of a biome rather than placing new blocks.

That's true. if they're supposed to be angels/valkyrie though, maybe we could generate a new Hallow-themed floating island completely from scratch when hardmode starts? Then the mod would have full control over the layout.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmeetReaper » Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 am

you say there is no cap on how many prey you can eat but it seems to only let me eat one at a time :?
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am

I got two silly suggestions:

1- How about making the player say something (in the bottom left chat) when you eat something/digest something, etc. Maybe as an optional setting. :gulp:
2- You know how when you eat something you start regenerating health? Well, how about making that as a sort of "buff" that appears below the hotbar?
Other than that, this mod is awesome and I'm glad to see some bugs fixed! :D
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maroy » Sat May 23, 2020 12:29 pm

SmeetReaper wrote:you say there is no cap on how many prey you can eat but it seems to only let me eat one at a time :?

That's really bizarre. What version of the mod do you have? Do the settings in Settings -> Mod Configuration -> Voraria: Settings look correct?
Egads wrote:I got two silly suggestions:
1- How about making the player say something (in the bottom left chat) when you eat something/digest something, etc. Maybe as an optional setting. :gulp:
2- You know how when you eat something you start regenerating health? Well, how about making that as a sort of "buff" that appears below the hotbar?
Other than that, this mod is awesome and I'm glad to see some bugs fixed! :D

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'll add your first suggestion to the ideas board. Also, using the buff system to display all of the various active vore effects is a fantastic idea, I'll definitely give it a try!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Sat May 23, 2020 5:57 pm

Going to be a while before every last thing is implemented but I'm trying out some design ideas for the item progression and would love to get some feedback! In particular, I'm not sure what I can do to make the prey experience more interesting since it's not something I'm used to thinking about.

Charms: cause additional side-effects while equipped

Acid Charm: controls whether prey are digested or remain unharmed
Materials: metal bars, gels
Upgrades: improves digestion rate of prey

Hunger Charm: controls whether friendly predators digest players
Materials: metal bars, herbs
Upgrades: improves digestion rate for predator

Life Charm: controls whether digesting prey regenerates health
Materials: metal bars, life crystals
Upgrades: improves health regen while digesting prey and improves health regen for self while vored by a predator with the same effect

Mana Charm: controls whether digesting prey regenerates mana
Materials: metal bars, mana stars
Upgrades: improves mana regen while digesting prey and improves mana regen for self while vored by a predator with the same effect

Soul Charm: controls whether digested prey drop soul items on death
Materials: metal bars, souls
Upgrades: increases drop rate and adds additional rare drops

Talismans: tools for predators to vore others

Throat Talisman: player can oral vore others or regurgitate them
Materials: metal bars, amethyst gems
Upgrades: increases prey capacity, reduces struggle chance of prey

Breast Talisman: player can breast vore others or release them
Materials: metal bars, topaz gems
Upgrades: increases prey capacity and reduces struggle chance of prey

Bowel Talisman: player can anal vore others or shit them out
Materials: metal bars, ruby gems

Womb Talisman: player can unbirth others or give birth to them
Materials: metal bars, sapphire gems

Penis Talisman: player can cock vore others or ejaculate them
Materials: metal bars, emerald gems

Amulets: tools for prey to get themselves vored

Throat Amulet: player can force NPCs to oral vore them or regurgitate them
Materials: wood, amethyst gems

Breast Amulet: player can force NPCs to breast vore them or release them
Materials: wood, topaz gems

Bowel Amulet: player can force NPCs to anal vore them or shit them out
Materials: wood, ruby gems

Womb Amulet: player can force NPCs to unbirth them or give birth to them
Materials: wood, sapphire gems

Penis Amulet: player can force NPCs to cock vore them or ejaculate them
Materials: wood, emerald gems
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Woah, this is interesting! Wish you good luck!

Also, I got a devious idea in mind that revolves around the Succubus NPC:
How about making her give "daily quests" to the player? And those quests revolve around eating a certain NPC that she wants you to devour and digest. Afterwards, you claim your rewards from her. (Gold coins, maybe some Charm Upgrades (when they're available))
Although, you do have a lot of stuff to do, so I hope everything goes well for you. :lol:
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game