Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Postby Maroy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:43 am

Sif wrote:
kenny043033 wrote:scat may be hated by some people. Please turn ON/OFF function

Given how this mod has thus far been developed to cater to as many preferences as it feasibly can, with the config giving toggles for sounds, fatal/non-fatal and who can do what to who, I'm sure that won't be an issue should it ever be implemented.

Yup, each vore type once implemented will be fully configurable based on a tag filtering system for determining what types creatures can be preds and what types can be prey.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Question: with the new system, there's no more "x is struggling" message, is that intended or a bug? This was using the charm to have a friendly eat you. Also, in the situation, I have 200 mana and some boosting items to around 240, it seems that it's constantly ticking down and refilling while inside a friendly.
Also a thought related to friendly vore: since it still takes several tries to escape, would it be viable to struggle, then talk to them and get a special response like "Ooh, that felt good, do it again!" or "Aww, you want to leave so soon?"

Also when eating prey (tested on slimes so far) they hit 1 hp and just...stop? until the blue bar is full then they die. That a bug or part of the contest system?

I also think I'm doing this wrong, the only predators i disallow are "male, zombie, skeleton, eye" and have just been sitting a pit with 6 slimes and none have tried to swallow me so far. Only things i turned off otherwise were farting.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Firon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Nomad_Zeke wrote:I also think I'm doing this wrong, the only predators i disallow are "male, zombie, skeleton, eye" and have just been sitting a pit with 6 slimes and none have tried to swallow me so far. Only things i turned off otherwise were farting.

apparently all mobs without a female model are labelled as male
Firon
---

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Hrm...I'll try that. thanks.

Edit: OK minor annoyance with that, bats, lol. But it did work.
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Drago5598 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:07 pm

If I may suggest/ask something. Do you plan to go as far as making this more compatible/balanced with other mods such as Calamity etc? It would probably be a far future thing but it is something to add on to this in my opinion. Im not 100% sure on how the coding/mod developing is for TmodLoader but I believe you could just take the code from your base mod and make a calamity dependent version of it. It is your choice on how you want to do it of course! Cool mod altogether~
Drago5598
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Firon wrote:
Nomad_Zeke wrote:I also think I'm doing this wrong, the only predators i disallow are "male, zombie, skeleton, eye" and have just been sitting a pit with 6 slimes and none have tried to swallow me so far. Only things i turned off otherwise were farting.

apparently all mobs without a female model are labelled as male

Hmmm, I wonder, if I can find a mod that changes the slimes to slime girls(haven't even looked yet, just now thought of it, but I HOPE it exists), would that turn them to "female", or would that require a little extra work for compatibility?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Egads » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:43 am

So after playing with the mod, I noticed a few things:
First off, the "Interactions" settings menu doesn't seem to work right. Even if you enable/disable something, it's still in its default state.
And second, I don't know if this is intentional, but bosses seem to eat me also :lol:
Edit: Apparently, with the Eater of Worlds and Skeletron, you can eat some of their parts. I don't think that's supposed to happen.
Last edited by Egads on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:49 am

Can we not eat animals anymore? like squirrels, bunnies, and birds?
Wait? I can still eat worms...

Well, I found a mod that turns the slimes into girls, as well as other mobs: "Monster Girl Enemies".

...Apparently it doesn't have a thread, it's only in the browser. But I stumbled upon a thread about a slimegirl npc that never came to fruition but learned of another mod: "Assorted Crazy Things"(which has a thread), that adds slimegirls to be pets by catching them in nets and can even dress them up in different gear. Don't know if they replace the normal slimes though... doesn't say. I think I'll go with the Monster GIrl Enemies one, personally.

Also... it appears unequipping the charm from the hotbar(even with the intent to merely move it to a different slot), while you have prey in your stomach is a BAD idea, and the whole game freezes.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Did you change "can be prey" settings? I had no trouble with that

Also apparently the bees from the queen bee can vore you.... lol
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby dur » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Egads wrote:So after playing with the mod, I noticed a few things:
First off, the "Interactions" settings menu doesn't seem to work right. Even if you enable/disable something, it's still in its default state.
And second, I don't know if this is intentional, but bosses seem to eat me also :lol:
Edit: Apparently, with the Eater of Worlds and Skeletron, you can eat some of their parts. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Are you saving the config after you change something? I was having the same issue I think when it turns out I wasn't pressing the save config button at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I would like to suggest a new item for the mod. Just like there's cloud in a bottle/blizzard in a bottle/etc. I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if there was a scat in a bottle (name not final) that you could charge up after digesting prey. So you could have like a maximum of a triple jump if you store enough charges but if you don't eat anything you'll be shit out of luck. You could probably get away with just changing the cloud/blizzard effects to be brown if it's possible. I've attached one of the potentially many possible situations players could run into with each other if such an item is implemented.

Great mod by the way.
Attachments
9000 hours ms paint.png
dur
New to the forum

Postby Maroy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Question: with the new system, there's no more "x is struggling" message, is that intended or a bug? This was using the charm to have a friendly eat you. Also, in the situation, I have 200 mana and some boosting items to around 240, it seems that it's constantly ticking down and refilling while inside a friendly.

Yep, that's intended because otherwise you would get spammed by dozens of messages every second when you had a number of prey swallowed and it got pretty ridiculous. There's some issues with mana and health buffed past max that I still need to look into.
Nomad_Zeke wrote:Also a thought related to friendly vore: since it still takes several tries to escape, would it be viable to struggle, then talk to them and get a special response like "Ooh, that felt good, do it again!" or "Aww, you want to leave so soon?"

Should be possible to track that, yep! I'll add a task for that.
Nomad_Zeke wrote:Also when eating prey (tested on slimes so far) they hit 1 hp and just...stop? until the blue bar is full then they die. That a bug or part of the contest system?

That's intended, kinda confusing in some instances but helps balancing digestion rate separate from damage.

My bad, I didn't have time to finish separating male from genderless mobs so they all are flagged as male for now-- will definitely be fixed and new tags added in the next release!
Drago5598 wrote:If I may suggest/ask something. Do you plan to go as far as making this more compatible/balanced with other mods such as Calamity etc? It would probably be a far future thing but it is something to add on to this in my opinion. Im not 100% sure on how the coding/mod developing is for TmodLoader but I believe you could just take the code from your base mod and make a calamity dependent version of it. It is your choice on how you want to do it of course! Cool mod altogether~

I want to get a couple major features complete first before releasing a "v1.0.0", and then I'll spend some time specifically on mod compatibility. I know Calamity and Thorium are big ones!
Turbotowns wrote:Hmmm, I wonder, if I can find a mod that changes the slimes to slime girls(haven't even looked yet, just now thought of it, but I HOPE it exists), would that turn them to "female", or would that require a little extra work for compatibility?

It wouldn't work out-of-the-box since there's no standard format for tags that I can pull from other mods, but I think I can add custom config settings for specifying the tags of NPCs and mobs from other mods by hand, for now. Once I start doing specific mod compatibility patches I'll see what I can hard-code in
Turbotowns wrote:Can we not eat animals anymore? like squirrels, bunnies, and birds?
Wait? I can still eat worms...

Might be a config issue, but there really should be a tag specifically for animals/critters, I'll make sure that gets added!
Turbotowns wrote:Also... it appears unequipping the charm from the hotbar(even with the intent to merely move it to a different slot), while you have prey in your stomach is a BAD idea, and the whole game freezes.

Yikes, that's a really bad bug. I'll get that prioritized ^^;
dur wrote:Also, I would like to suggest a new item for the mod. Just like there's cloud in a bottle/blizzard in a bottle/etc. I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if there was a scat in a bottle (name not final) that you could charge up after digesting prey. So you could have like a maximum of a triple jump if you store enough charges but if you don't eat anything you'll be shit out of luck. You could probably get away with just changing the cloud/blizzard effects to be brown if it's possible. I've attached one of the potentially many possible situations players could run into with each other if such an item is implemented.

Great mod by the way.

That comic is hilarious! Definitely seems like a fun item concept too, I'll add it to the backlog!
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 am

Some parts of bosses seem to eat you, like the Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, and the Wall of Flesh. Is that intentional? :lol:
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voreforever » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 am

Perhaps altering the toilet item, or creating a new one; if an NPC finishes digesting you, and there's one in close proximity, they'd go over and sit on it, maybe with custom text, so it'll be optional. People don't have to put down the item if they don't want disposal. (Maybe it allows you to reset your scat-in-a-bottle charge, without using it?)
Voreforever
Participator

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:27 am

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this mod having a lot of fun.

Also, having gotten to finally decide to quit futzing around and go hardmode, there's a lot of enemies that are undead and can still eat you, mummies/ghouls and the like. Shadow flame apparitions from goblin army are particularly annoying in this regard.
I also noticed if you're using a drill and something swallows you, they'll continue to take damage from it, I'm assuming it's unintentional, but it's kinda funny and works in my mind.
I 'd have some requests for belly sprites but dont want to add too much more to things
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby ian66613 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:11 pm

Not sure if this is reported, but enemies that can travel through blocks can eat you (Such as plantera's limbs) and when you escape while in a block, you can't escape or be eaten again unless you mine out blocks in your sprite's location. You can of course teleport away with a magic mirror/etc.

It's really hard to fight bosses with lots of limbs (Such as skeletron's hands or the moon lord's floating eyes) since they constantly re-eat you within a second after you escape them.

I'd also recommend making lamia (if they're part of your mod) move slower on land if they aren't currently chasing something (including when you've been consumed.)
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby oliverrook » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Just found a bug: Being eaten by enemies can let you bypass the jungle temple door.
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

Postby Snek » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 pm

oliverrook wrote:Just found a bug: Being eaten by enemies can let you bypass the jungle temple door.

Nothing new here lol, people break into the temple in vanilla already
Snek
New to the forum

Postby KraGo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Snek wrote:Nothing new here lol, people break into the temple in vanilla already

At this point they should just let us eat the door itself.
KraGo
Been posting for a bit

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm

I had an idea to where you could add more town npc's but they give you quests, like there would be a werewolf town npc that could give you a quest to eat a lot of a specific npc type and once you eat the amount you come back to the npc and they reward you with vore loot and money, and they give you a pet that's like themselve's so you can have them follow you around and they can eat things too
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 pm

oh and another idea for npc's to be able to have multiple prey
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game