Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Postby TaurenDevourer » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

TheSignPainter wrote:
VLover552 wrote:quick question will there be higher tier swallow necklaces with the higher tier bars and bigger belly sizes with more prey and such down the line?

Yeppers peppers, that's in the plans!...and the Trello, which has been mentioned like 5 times in the past 24 hours. Please look at it. ;o3o

I would if I could see where the link is. I can't find it in the OP.

Also, turns out trying to take your throat amulet off your hotbar when you have a full belly sorta soft-locks the game. Could we maybe get equipment versions that just always work?
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby TaurenDevourer » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

TheSignPainter wrote:
VLover552 wrote:quick question will there be higher tier swallow necklaces with the higher tier bars and bigger belly sizes with more prey and such down the line?

Yeppers peppers, that's in the plans!...and the Trello, which has been mentioned like 5 times in the past 24 hours. Please look at it. ;o3o

Also, turns out trying to take your throat amulet off your hotbar when you have a full belly sorta soft-locks the game. Could we maybe get equipment versions that just always work?
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby Maroy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:38 pm

TaurenDevourer wrote:
TheSignPainter wrote:

That bug will be fixed in the next update! For reference, the item on the Trello board is here.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby 3rasvok » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Will disposal affect creatures as well (if a monster eats the player)? What about post-vore animation support if someone wants to make them?
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maroy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:22 pm

3rasvok wrote:Will disposal affect creatures as well (if a monster eats the player)? What about post-vore animation support if someone wants to make them?

Yep, disposal applies equally to players and NPCs/mobs! Animation support for anything other than belly overlays is generally iffy due to the sheer number of sprites that would need to be modified, unfortunately :/ Hoping to at least use the sitting sprite from Terraria 1.4 as a squatting sprite for anal vore and disposal, but that's not currently possible using what's available in the latest version of tModLoader.
Author of Voraria (a Terraria vore mod). See the current status of Voraria development at the Trello board!
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Was wondering if there could be a compatibility for the gilded enemies and etc like the gilded bat, slime, slimeling, gilded lycan, the innocent, the starved, soul corrupter, infernal hound, hag's, lycan, sol priestess, raging minitaur, and bat's from the thorium mod
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:27 pm

and I was wondering there could be a custom sprite's for the calamity mod town npc's and enemies (not all of them)
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maroy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:41 pm

I have some placeholder tasks for Calamity and Thorium support and those are definitely my top priorities for mod compatibility, but I want to get some other major features and decent coverage of vanilla creatures done first before promising any mod support.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby 3rasvok » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Thanks for putting in the creatures first, and implementing vore into the gameplay. It's something the vore mod for Starbound failed to do.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby RandomSnivy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:07 pm

One thing that could be nice if it's not too much trouble is giving players transformed into a werewolf that new werewolf belly too.
RandomSnivy
New to the forum

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Maroy wrote:I have some placeholder tasks for Calamity and Thorium support and those are definitely my top priorities for mod compatibility, but I want to get some other major features and decent coverage of vanilla creatures done first before promising any mod support.

ah ok
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby PanD109 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 pm

I would like a function that will determine which types of creatures can be pred and which can't be pred (if someone does not like the pred type). E.g:
Female Pred (Driad, Harpy, Lamia, Female Zombie, Nymph, etc.)
Male Pred (Guide, Desert Spirit, Witch Doctor)
Slime Pred
Worm Pred (Giant Worm, Tomb Crawler, etc.)
Critters Pred
Animal Pred (Unicorn, Flying Snake, Flying Fish, etc.)
PanD109
New to the forum

Postby Maroy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:04 pm

DanielK108 wrote:I would like a function that will determine which types of creatures can be pred and which can't be pred (if someone does not like the pred type). E.g:
Female Pred (Driad, Harpy, Lamia, Female Zombie, Nymph, etc.)
Male Pred (Guide, Desert Spirit, Witch Doctor)
Slime Pred
Worm Pred (Giant Worm, Tomb Crawler, etc.)
Critters Pred
Animal Pred (Unicorn, Flying Snake, Flying Fish, etc.)

Already works this way! You can set certain tag combinations to be allowed or disallowed using mod configuration. Make sure you're using the latest version of Voraria.
Maroy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Those have mostly been assigned already. In the current iteration most ambiguous enemies are 'male' - but in future revisions it'll be much more like what you're saying with customized toggles. I should know, I compiled that for Maroy. See the Trello board for most current classifications, which as of the whatever-upcoming-revision is decided upon (presuming they all are used as such) can be any combination of: Town NPC, Male, Female, Genderless, Bats, Hornet, Zombie, Skeleton, Undead, Worm , Beast, Reptile, Eye, Slime, Construct, Plant, Ambient, Fish, Insect, Flying, Mimic, Projectile, Boss

Also - I couldnt' find it for Calamity, but if someone had a source with monster IDs and such I could jump-start on that for future work.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby TheSignPainter » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Those have mostly been assigned already. In the current iteration most ambiguous enemies are 'male' - but in future revisions it'll be much more like what you're saying with customized toggles. I should know, I compiled that for Maroy. See the Trello board for most current classifications, which as of the whatever-upcoming-revision is decided upon (presuming they all are used as such) can be any combination of: Town NPC, Male, Female, Genderless, Bats, Hornet, Zombie, Skeleton, Undead, Worm , Beast, Reptile, Eye, Slime, Construct, Plant, Ambient, Fish, Insect, Flying, Mimic, Projectile, Boss

Also - I couldnt' find it for Calamity, but if someone had a source with monster IDs and such I could jump-start on that for future work.

You won't find source for Calamity; it isn't open source. Furthermore, modded NPC, item, and projectile IDs are not constant and have to be handled a different way than vanilla IDs. There exist tools to make this easier (one such tool is the mod "Which Mod Is This From?", specifically its technical names feature for tiles, NPCs, and items), but that's not the point.
I'm working on preliminary tums, vore dialogue, and other such things for a few Calamity entities (namely, Cirrus and the Bandit) for the next update, although I imagine Maroy wants most of 'em to wait until Voraria itself is in a more complete state.

Patience is a virtue, friend. There are arguably bigger fish to fry than othermod compat at the moment.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 pm

I won't argue that. I'm aware of bigger problems to solve, but it would simply save maroy some work if it could be handled like vanilla. I volunteered to help specific dialogue, but no word on that yet, so if that's requested I'm happy to help, otherwise I'll somewhat patiently wait to be called on.

I'm not much use in the code department, so if I can put data to be easily translated into code I'm happy to do that too, hence the calamity question
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby oliverrook » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:34 am

Hey, I noticed you're going to let us put in tags to enemies from mods in the config. Would it be ok if I made a bunch for some of my favorite mods and then posted them here? That way people could have at least partial mod support without having to spend hours going through enemies from mods.

Also, another suggestion:
Have a message on world startup saying what all the default config options are, that way players aren't surprised when things happen and know to config the mod to their liking before hand.

EDIT:
Nomad_Zeke wrote:I won't argue that. I'm aware of bigger problems to solve, but it would simply save maroy some work if it could be handled like vanilla. I volunteered to help specific dialogue, but no word on that yet, so if that's requested I'm happy to help, otherwise I'll somewhat patiently wait to be called on.

I'm not much use in the code department, so if I can put data to be easily translated into code I'm happy to do that too, hence the calamity question

If you want to make an addon or compatibility with Calamity, you don't need the source code, only the names/ids of the functions and objects in it, which are easy enough to get if you use a dev mod like Modder's Toolkit, along with using debug features in Visual Studio.
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:05 am

Yeah that's a possibility... but as stated before i imagine vanilla terraria is a higher priority before expansion mods. I might try that... other things currently taking priority.. though you can bet as soon as Maroy drops the new update I'll be all over it.

I know removing the death chunks is further out... though I wonder if it's been done before as another mod. I'll probably look into it later.
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Question based in trello board... for currently doing at the bottom... is that saying if you die to digestion you lose all that stuff permanently? If so can that be toggled? Seems like it'd be a line between medium and hard core. Not permanent death but setback a bit
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby AtmosRobot » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:38 pm

I have a weird question. As I'm playing this mod, I'll be digging underground and minding my own business when suddenly I'll hear someone/something offscreen swallowing another entity. It's usually something very distinctly to the left or to the right of my character. For the life of me, I can never figure out what mob is doing that. Does anyone what what I'm talking about?
AtmosRobot
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game