DevouRIment Rimworld mod?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

DevouRIment Rimworld mod?

Postby falcious » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Does anyone know what happened to it? I'm just curious is all, i saw it here like, a few days ago but now its gone
falcious
New to the forum

Re: DevouRIment Rimworld mod?

Postby wolf2121 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:01 pm

to summarise :

Author get insulted by a toxic user, for not include male vore in DevourRIment.
Then he wanted to close devourment female and male enabled.
Eka intervened
His topics mods disappeared.

And now, no one wants to talk about it anymore.
wolf2121
New to the forum

Postby falcious » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Fair enough, thanks
falcious
New to the forum

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Alternative, slightly more detailed summary:

1. Author with toxic history returns after five year absence, bringing some mods presumably made for personal use, including DevouRIMent, which continue to uphold the quirks of the author's design (such as so many checks to make sure the predator is a woman that they actively slow the game down).
2. Author claims more mods will come, but the truth of these claims is dubious, as some of the mods mentioned would accomplish things beyond the skill of the most talented animator communities working on Skyrim and Fallout 4.
3. After about a day of grateful reception, those who still harbored ill will towards the author from before begin antagonizing the author. It wasn't just one person, though there was a particularly spirited individual who has since recognized they were a bit harsher than they needed to be.
4. Author brings attention to Devourment Male & Female Enabled for Skyrim by way of issuing a cease and desist order (informally, I would presume).
5. Eka intervenes and tells everyone to ignore author's order and continue as before, discussing the matter in private with the author.
6. Threads for author's new mods, as well as a discussion thread in response to the cease and desist, are locked, presumably by Eka in the interest of keeping drama down.
7. The next day, those threads are gone.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby falcious » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:14 pm

I hope to see this mod again, even if it has to be remade by another author
falcious
New to the forum

Postby rez » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm

There is still a rimworld vore mod the discussion about it moved to discord, I'll go ahead and post a 24 hour link, https://discord.gg/n8bm4U check it out if you want.
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:24 pm

In a similar way I'm bummed I missed the kingmaker mod. Probably the only way I'd get that game. I'm sure people got the mods downloaded though
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Hansony » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Alternative, slightly more detailed summary:

1. Author with toxic history returns after five year absence, bringing some mods presumably made for personal use, including DevouRIMent, which continue to uphold the quirks of the author's design (such as so many checks to make sure the predator is a woman that they actively slow the game down).
2. Author claims more mods will come, but the truth of these claims is dubious, as some of the mods mentioned would accomplish things beyond the skill of the most talented animator communities working on Skyrim and Fallout 4.
3. After about a day of grateful reception, those who still harbored ill will towards the author from before begin antagonizing the author. It wasn't just one person, though there was a particularly spirited individual who has since recognized they were a bit harsher than they needed to be.
4. Author brings attention to Devourment Male & Female Enabled for Skyrim by way of issuing a cease and desist order (informally, I would presume).
5. Eka intervenes and tells everyone to ignore author's order and continue as before, discussing the matter in private with the author.
6. Threads for author's new mods, as well as a discussion thread in response to the cease and desist, are locked, presumably by Eka in the interest of keeping drama down.
7. The next day, those threads are gone.

Surprisingly fair, most people here tend to summarize it in ways that makes him out to be a big asshole when according to him he made a requirement for others to work with his mod that they don't add male compatibility... IF that is true then it seems perfectly reasonable that he got angry when others didn't respect that.
The case is a bit hard to judge since it kind of depends on whether he borrowed open source code or if he made everything from the bottom up and the fact that it's all work deriving from an actual copyrighted work (skyrim) makes it even harder to probably judge...
From what I know about coding law, he was basically in the right to ask that HIS code no longer be used in the "females and males enabled" mod, BUT if that mod simply added functions which interacted with existing functions in his mod then he don't have ground for his demands... so it's kind of complicated but what we can say is that Eka have talked with him and the situation right now seem to be that the mods stay up and he have left the forums (maybe?)
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:26 pm

I don't know a whole lot, but I do know enough on coding, coding related law, and various other stuff. From what I've been able to gather it doesn't seem like he filed the original skyrim devourment code under any CC license or copyrighted it. As a result it is technically legal to do whatever with the original code you want to (baring literally just stealing it like that one fishing mod during the paid mods stuff on steam). Modding communities vary from game to game in their unspoken rules (more common courtesy) and one general unspoken rule/common courtesy is across just about all modding communities is to ask the original author for permission, if the original author can't be reached then you ask the next in line who has the source code. If no one can be reached to ask then it's largely considered abandoned and possibly abandon-ware. It's also massive common courtesy to always give credit to the original mod author, and is a good sign if they don't that they're quite questionable.

Now with that laid out, he essentially has no say anymore on the skyrim devourment. It had been abandoned by the original mod author for about/over 5 years, he could not be reached at all. This is well enough time that the code for the mod should have changed enough that it is technically no longer his code anymore also it would've been considered abandoned. The result is that when he said "cease and desist" that it's either an annoyance at best and at worst an open threat.

Onto the rimworld devourment mod. From what I've seen it's quite common that when you download a rimworld mod it comes with the rimworld mod's source code at least via steam workshop (devouriment doesn't). I can see this being this way because of 2 things, 1: most people will still credit the original mod author and/or ask for permission before, 2: It's stupid easy to get the source files from the dll. Further on the dll file thing, I got bored and decided to check the source code to see how easy it would be to allow males to work in it, since there was no source code I took about 5 minutes to look up how to disassemble a dll, got brought to the modding tutorial section for rimworld and it listed a few programs, after that I disassembled devouriment to see how easy it was to add/change stuff to it, after a check through it I found that only 1 check did it's purpose to check if a pawn can vore, it was a simple change from pawn.gender = Female to pawn.gender = Male baring weird stuff (male having unbirth). Needed to get a few other dll that the mod required (hugslib, harmony) and after changing and recompiling/assembling it worked perfectly fine with only males being able to and females not.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby wolf2121 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Alternative, slightly more detailed summary:

He claims he will do an animation swallow for skyrim.

Well, you know, someone has already made a good animation swallow for skyrim. In Skyrim Capacity Vore: SCV 0.3 Beta. Didn't know to use properly though, and isn't not a paired animation like the default hug animation. Maybe it can be modified to make it paired, personally I don't know enough for this. Maybe the author of this mod will make another release in the future.
wolf2121
New to the forum

Postby Darksteelrob » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:48 am

Is there any chance of a rimworld vore mod showing up, after this whole shit show?
Darksteelrob
Been posting for a bit

Postby whatif12 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 am

I'd say there is a good chance of a rimworld vore mod showing up.
As someone mentioned earlier there is a discord where they decompiled the DevouRiment dll and made some modifications and can download said version.
Additionally I decided to I started working on my own version of a rimworld vore mod. Dont know if Ill get around to completing or posting it but if no one else picks it up I probably will.
whatif12
New to the forum

Postby aperson1234567890 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Could we get another link to that Discord discussion?
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby rez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 pm

I think the reason there in no thread about the effort to keep the mod going is that the people involved are waiting till the storm blows over so to speak.

Ether way here's another link for now https://discord.gg/9yyrMc
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sublime » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Don't mean to necro, but anyone got word on when its coming back or a link? I just picked up the game.
Sublime
Been posting for a bit

Postby SmeetReaper » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 pm

there still is i think a topic thing for this on the forum i found it when Google this supposed mod as i never knew about it but when i went to the page it said i was not authorized to view it i would like to test this rimworld mod and whatever this kingmaker thing is
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kavvanshrike » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:31 pm

The post right above yours provides a link to a more private place to access it. As for an official one don't hold your breath, after the "incident" the mod author has gone dark and I find it incredibly unlikely that he will be prepared to distribute any public mods on Ekas ever again. As for its distribution by someone else? I wouldn't recommend it, in any other modding community redistributing someone else's mod without the original author's permission is a bannable offense. I hope that when a vore mod does pop up that it has its own name, assets and isn't just piggybacking code off of devouRIMent so we can avoid any more "incidents".
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby SmeetReaper » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:The post right above yours provides a link to a more private place to access it. As for an official one don't hold your breath, after the "incident" the mod author has gone dark and I find it incredibly unlikely that he will be prepared to distribute any public mods on Ekas ever again. As for its distribution by someone else? I wouldn't recommend it, in any other modding community redistributing someone else's mod without the original author's permission is a bannable offense. I hope that when a vore mod does pop up that it has its own name, assets and isn't just piggybacking code off of devouRIMent so we can avoid any more "incidents".

actually that links no longer valid
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kavvanshrike » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:19 pm

SmeetReaper wrote:

Ah right you are, best bet on that front is to dm someone who posted the link to the discord and hope they see it and give you an updated link. (also not part of the discord either but from what I've heard someone has tweaked with devouRIMent to allow males and is sharing it privately which is perfectly acceptable conduct imo)
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby cheese130 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:06 pm

SmeetReaper wrote:
Kavvanshrike wrote:The post right above yours provides a link to a more private place to access it. As for an official one don't hold your breath, after the "incident" the mod author has gone dark and I find it incredibly unlikely that he will be prepared to distribute any public mods on Ekas ever again. As for its distribution by someone else? I wouldn't recommend it, in any other modding community redistributing someone else's mod without the original author's permission is a bannable offense. I hope that when a vore mod does pop up that it has its own name, assets and isn't just piggybacking code off of devouRIMent so we can avoid any more "incidents".

https://discord.gg/TDNM37j
heres a link for you that should work indefinitely
cheese130
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game