Gulp Quest MV V 0.04 out! Original game ported (14/05/2021)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

What should be the mark for the Update 0.2?

Entirety of the Maid Cafe (mainly individual scenes, akin to the slime girl)
263
60%
Main Girls' scenes and Story (focusing on the development of the plot)
123
28%
Maps and Fights (create the next 3 overworld maps and put at least a monster or a scene in each of them)
54
12%
 
Total votes : 440

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby VVV » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:05 am

that is as far as the game goes so far
VVV
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Cl3F » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:38 am

Wait, so is there another version that has more? Like the the bee girls, or the polite woman? Or am I getting different vore games confused?
User avatar
Cl3F
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby jimmin190 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Cl3F wrote:Wait, so is there another version that has more? Like the bee girls, or the polite woman? Or am I getting different vore games confused?

No there is another version that has those Bee girls and the polite woman? This version was supposed to go beyond what the last version stopped at.
jimmin190
New to the forum
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Ryuuenzan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm

From what i understand, this was a full recreation. the game is still under development, BUT the update that finishes the recreation and expands it is still on the way.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dragonitas » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm

I have had trouble focusing on advancing development of the next version, but the game is being worked on nontheless. The current version (0.02) is just a placeholder so people can see how the new aesthetic of the game compared to the original is.
The first "true" release 1.00 will include the following:
- Content from the original Gulp Quest 1.09 updated to MV
- Reworked combat system without level ups.
- New content: 2 new (but mostly empty) areas (crossroads and Maid Cafe outside) including a new scene with a new character
- Additional features: Woman characters will have larger sprites than Male characters to represent their height difference.
User avatar
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Soroxas77 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Dragonitas wrote:I have had trouble focusing on advancing development of the next version, but the game is being worked on nontheless. The current version (0.02) is just a placeholder so people can see how the new aesthetic of the game compared to the original is.
The first "true" release 1.00 will include the following:
- Content from the original Gulp Quest 1.09 updated to MV
- Reworked combat system without level ups.
- New content: 2 new (but mostly empty) areas (crossroads and Maid Cafe outside) including a new scene with a new character
- Additional features: Woman characters will have larger sprites than Male characters to represent their height difference.

That's cool. I always wondered why the females didn't look larger than the males.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Monopolus » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Dragonitas wrote:I have had trouble focusing on advancing development of the next version, but the game is being worked on nontheless. The current version (0.02) is just a placeholder so people can see how the new aesthetic of the game compared to the original is.
The first "true" release 1.00 will include the following:
- Content from the original Gulp Quest 1.09 updated to MV
- Reworked combat system without level ups.
- New content: 2 new (but mostly empty) areas (crossroads and Maid Cafe outside) including a new scene with a new character
- Additional features: Woman characters will have larger sprites than Male characters to represent their height difference.


Are there any feasible release dates in the near future..? Or will it take a while?
User avatar
Monopolus
???
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Younger99 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:15 am

Dragonitas wrote:I have had trouble focusing on advancing development of the next version, but the game is being worked on nontheless. The current version (0.02) is just a placeholder so people can see how the new aesthetic of the game compared to the original is.
The first "true" release 1.00 will include the following:
- Content from the original Gulp Quest 1.09 updated to MV
- Reworked combat system without level ups.
- New content: 2 new (but mostly empty) areas (crossroads and Maid Cafe outside) including a new scene with a new character
- Additional features: Woman characters will have larger sprites than Male characters to represent their height difference.

Nice to hear keep up the good work!
User avatar
Younger99
Participator
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Tunknownusert » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 pm

extremely short, but good content thus far. Maid scene was pretty good ^.^
Tunknownusert
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dudeox05 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 pm

I picked up a "pretty ring" which is showing up as a Key Item. Any clues what it's for?
Dudeox05
Participator
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Monopolus, It will take a while, but I am working on the game. I will say that I've hit sort of a wall because to make death scenes for random encounters I need to utilize a plug-in that I cannot bring back from the original game. I will ask around and search the web in my free time to look for a solution to this issue. Other than that the current scenes outside of combat encounters have been finished, and work on the future scenes with Chrstelle and the new girl has been commenced.

Understand that this is just a side project for me, I do have other priorities even if I desire to finish this game, and work on it will be slow. But I will make sure it is of quality at the very least, and do my very best to keep it alive.
User avatar
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Ryuuenzan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm

If i might make a suggestion, you could always make most fights an optional thing as a placeholder. not sure how others would react to this, but you could always have a few characters representing fights move about (remove the random battles), allowing players to avoid fights, but also giving chances to see those scenes. Not sure if it is feasible, if people would even want this, or if it would be simple to change, but it IS something to consider, at least.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Ryuuenzan, I have been debating a few ideas, seeing how battles never were the main interest in the first place, I will make a poll one of these days when I have the ideas I most like clearly visualized in my head and I believe I'd be ready to implement them.
User avatar
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby anonpls » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:23 pm

A primitive solution but, you could remove combat encounter scenes completely by turning combat encounters in story encounter scenes. Battle scenes seem to be commonly seen as hard to balance anyway. Still feeling the need writing a battle then you could script one. Where choices you make during the encounter or even before the encounter determine you survival, or lack of it.
anonpls
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:52 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dragonitas » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:52 pm

anonpls, Yes that is one of the solutions I had inind for it. I will make a poll soon to ask you guys about what you'd like.
User avatar
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Horserax » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:23 pm

How do i play this game? i downloaded the file from the link, but i cant seem to open it. im confused.
~For the Glory of Waifus~
User avatar
Horserax
New to the forum
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Archangel64 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:38 am

Horserax wrote:How do i play this game? i downloaded the file from the link, but i cant seem to open it. im confused.

U need RPG Maker MV not VX Ace or other
User avatar
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Lawrence Craft » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Archangel64 wrote:U need RPG Maker MV not VX Ace or other

No, you don't need any additional software to play an RPG Maker MV game.
I'm sure he means, that he can't extract the files from the archive.


Horserax wrote:How do i play this game? i downloaded the file from the link, but i cant seem to open it. im confused.

The game has been archived with 7Zip.
7Zip is free to download and use.
Simply download and install the program.
With 7Zip you can also extract WinRAR and WinZip files.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
User avatar
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:33 am

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Dragonitas » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:44 am

An update to the poll has been made and I will happily answer any questions anybody has. I apologize for the lack of content but I had (and still have) to deal with personal issues as well as having to reimagine how the game would look like since a lot of what I had planned in advance would need to be, at the very least, changed in a minor way. The good news are, I suppose at least, that without a combat system I won't have to worry about balancing at all which means I will only have to work on scenes which, although they take longer and are more complex to write themselves, aren't as convoluted and hard to work on as a moveset, theme, statline, etc from a monster encounter that would have to line up with items unlocked by the main character at different points of the story. WHICH leads me to my next point:

If you've taken enough time to read my message thus far, now that a balance for encounters won't be needed, would you like the game to take a more open approach to the story? Similar to Mysta's Mist Adventure 1 and 2? My only fear is that by taking that approach Gulp Quest may become a bit too similar to the formula of those games in execution, even if the worlds are vastly different.
Let me know what you think of that.
User avatar
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: Gulp Quest MV Version 0.02 out! (28/09/2020)

Postby Archangel64 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:49 am

Dragonitas wrote:An update to the poll has been made and I will happily answer any questions anybody has. I apologize for the lack of content but I had (and still have) to deal with personal issues as well as having to reimagine how the game would look like since a lot of what I had planned in advance would need to be, at the very least, changed in a minor way. The good news are, I suppose at least, that without a combat system I won't have to worry about balancing at all which means I will only have to work on scenes which, although they take longer and are more complex to write themselves, aren't as convoluted and hard to work on as a moveset, theme, statline, etc from a monster encounter that would have to line up with items unlocked by the main character at different points of the story. WHICH leads me to my next point:

If you've taken enough time to read my message thus far, now that a balance for encounters won't be needed, would you like the game to take a more open approach to the story? Similar to Mysta's Mist Adventure 1 and 2? My only fear is that by taking that approach Gulp Quest may become a bit too similar to the formula of those games in execution, even if the worlds are vastly different.
Let me know what you think of that.

it shouldn´t be to much like mma/mma2 and it shoulnd´t have a to long story line, i would say an relationchip system would be nice or something like that
User avatar
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm
Location: Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a0939195124, AbsoluteVL, cappotell2, DerpyDany2, ExplorerofBellies, Flooploop, HungryBlueDragon, lenny101, lilo9zza, MegaMewtwoX3, metalman777, mlpbrony1, NewtypeN1, Platinumvore6779, Ragedkill, SephirothTheLegend, Tyrlidd, Verilo, vore2412, Xotiar