Centaur Hero (highatus)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What color should Creatsian's fur be

Default Brown
24%
Reddish Orange
15%
Brown
11%
Red
11%
Black
19%
Dark Grey
4%
Light Grey
9%
Cyan
8%

Total votes : 338

Re: Centaur Hero (IN DEVELOPMENT)

Postby Wollffett » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Looks like a fun game wish the protag could be Female/Herm but thats just my preference cant wait to see how it'll be :)
Wollffett
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Voted for reddish orange fur. Just posting to say red and cyan would also look great. I like vivid colors like that.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Jidane wrote:Don't forget about the human half. There's more belly space to fill ;P

I edited some centaur sprites for an older version of RPGmaker, so they won't work (and if they should, they would not look as good because of the limititations the older programs put on things). Was tricky, but fun to do. I like how these sprites allow for more detail than what I could work with.

Really like where this is going, keep it up!

That is true and something I might add in the future, but will leave it out for now to keep things a bit more simple as there is a decent amount needed to be added first.

Rubiont-47 wrote:Oh! Good to see a new developer! A little sad that you decided to use Rpng maker MZ chibi style for character instead of nice looking Rpg maker XP style. But still, would be happy to see your progress!

I choose to use the default style to keep things simple so I could get a demo done sooner, I also thought the older sprites would have been to small to fit the tiles but that appears to be not the case for xp, I am going to stay with MZs graphics for speed of development.

Wollffett wrote:Looks like a fun game wish the protag could be Female/Herm but thats just my preference cant wait to see how it'll be :)

There will be the option for the player to play between 6 differnet gender combinations, this feature will likely be limited to smaller sections of the world to cut down on how many duplicated events there are.

empatheticapathy wrote:Voted for reddish orange fur. Just posting to say red and cyan would also look great. I like vivid colors like that.

The main character as well as their family will have a reddish-brown coat, all the coat colors will be used for various NPCs so as to diversify there looks.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:44 pm

I will admit that when it comes to coding I dont know much, I do know that long If statement chains tend to slow games down and therefor should be avoided if possible, however I dont know how to do so beyond just putting it all in common events and only ever calling on it when it is needed. If anyone would like to look at my awful code and have a suggestion for how I could make it better that works with rpg maker I am all ears,
Spoiler: show

◆If:NSFW/SFW = 1
◆If:GENDER = 0
◆Control Variables:#0007 CVable = 1
◆Control Variables:#0008 UBable = 1
◆Control Variables:#0009 BVable = 1
◆Control Variables:#0010 AVable = 1
◆If:BELLY = 0
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(0), None

:End
◆If:BELLY = 1
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(1), None

◆If:BELLY = 2
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(2), None

◆If:BELLY = 3
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(3), None

◆If:BELLY = 4
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(4), None

◆If:BELLY = 5
◆Change Actor Images:Creatsian, None, Creatsian(5), None

◆If:BELLY = 6

◆If:BELLY ≥ 7

◆If:GENDER = 1
◆Control Variables:#0010 AVable = 1

◆If:NSFW/SFW = 0
◆If:GENDER = 0
◆Control Variables:#0007 CVable = 0
◆Control Variables:#0010 AVable = 0
◆If:BELLY = 0
◆If:BALLS = 0
◆If:DICKSHOW = 0

◆If:DICKSHOW = 1

◆If:BALLS = 1

◆If:BALLS = 2

◆If:BALLS = 3

◆If:BALLS = 4

◆If:BALLS = 5

◆If:BALLS = 6

◆If:BALLS ≥ 7

◆If:BELLY = 1

◆If:BELLY = 2

◆If:BELLY = 3

◆If:BELLY = 4

◆If:BELLY = 5

◆If:BELLY = 6

◆If:BELLY ≥ 7

◆If:GENDER = 1
◆Control Variables:#0008 UBable = 0
◆Control Variables:#0009 BVable = 0

◆If:GENDER = 2

◆If:GENDER = 3

◆If:GENDER = 4

◆If:GENDER = 5

This is just the code for changing the players walking sprites based on whatever state they are in, also I haven't placed the logic for the other genders besides standard male, so the finished code would be about 4 to 5 times longer.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm

So, so I’ve never actually used RPG Maker, so I don’t really know that much about it. I do have coding experience though, so a lot of my suggestions would include the use of pointers, which I’m not sure RPG Maker has.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Im not sure what a pointer is so I cant say if the engine has them or not.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Regardless, presumably the thing changing most often is just going to be the stomach size, with sex, NSFW, color, etc. Changing more rarely. I’m not sure how sprites are stored, but if you can have a list of sprites that only contain the different stomach size sprites for each sex, NSFW, color, etc, you can then set that list for a particular character and then choose the correct sprite from that limited list whenever belly size is changed.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:23 pm

This code will only be used for the player as they will be able to go into scenes and come out of them in multiple different combinations, the npcs on the other hand will be much more limited with how they start a scene and there for leave it as well, so the npcs will only ever have at most five lines of code to change their looks.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Garz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:17 pm

I love RPGMaker and basic coding within it, but I'm actually having trouble parsing the options here, haha.

I believe the intent for this is 'I need to change the MC's sprite, this determines which sprite to use'. Is that right?

It looks like you have 7 different belly sizes, and 7 different ball sizes, for 49 different base pictures?

Do your unbirth sprites look different than just a large belly? Likewise to anal vore and breast vore (Is BV 'breast vore'?) If the results look the same then that's good.

What does NSFW/SFW /do/? Do you have cockvore sprites that have a Safe for Work version or sommat?

The code will indeed be a bit long with '49 options' though, haha. I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to do - you list four variables and then don't seem to use them. I note 'dickshow' pops up, so is it actually '49 options with penis, 49 options without penis' for guys (and presumably herms)?

You may in fact have it done efficiently and I'm just misunderstanding, mind you. I would also do this via common events, although it may be easier to split the common events themselves by gender so you only run the one for the 49 options you need.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tetrahedra » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:28 pm

I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding too much scope creep with your project. Instead of worrying about making hundreds of different sprite and gender combinations for the playable character and on and on, I would focus on just making 1 set of sprites for the MC, setting up a basic starting town and 1 basic dungeon, with a quest that involves going to it and getting an item or something. If you spend too much time making sure every little scene works with every gender configuration you plan on including, it's gonna be tough to get this thing off the ground. Wishing you the best of luck as I'm very interested in where you go with this.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:29 am

Garz wrote:I love RPGMaker and basic coding within it, but I'm actually having trouble parsing the options here, haha.

I believe the intent for this is 'I need to change the MC's sprite, this determines which sprite to use'. Is that right?

It looks like you have 7 different belly sizes, and 7 different ball sizes, for 49 different base pictures?

Do your unbirth sprites look different than just a large belly? Likewise to anal vore and breast vore (Is BV 'breast vore'?) If the results look the same then that's good.

What does NSFW/SFW /do/? Do you have cockvore sprites that have a Safe for Work version or sommat?

The code will indeed be a bit long with '49 options' though, haha. I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to do - you list four variables and then don't seem to use them. I note 'dickshow' pops up, so is it actually '49 options with penis, 49 options without penis' for guys (and presumably herms)?

You may in fact have it done efficiently and I'm just misunderstanding, mind you. I would also do this via common events, although it may be easier to split the common events themselves by gender so you only run the one for the 49 options you need.

Some of the baffling decisions may be in part do to sleep deprivation as I hadn't slept for more then 24 hours when I started this chain of code. Yes Oral Anal and Unbirth are all intended to increase the BELLY variable, yes BV stands for breast vore and all the four variables I assume you are talking about are the ones ending in 'able', those where going to be called during any event that has vore to show/hide options based on what the player could do. NSFW/SFW is meant to disable all vore except oral and any sprites witch would be considered NSFW. DICKSHOW is me having forgot the word erection existed due to sleep deprivation, and would swap between sprites like the last two here.
Spoiler: show
line.png
line.png (4.72 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

You are right that splinting it down further would probably be a good choice as most of these lines would go unused whenever called, thank you.

Tetrahedra wrote:I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding too much scope creep with your project. Instead of worrying about making hundreds of different sprite and gender combinations for the playable character and on and on, I would focus on just making 1 set of sprites for the MC, setting up a basic starting town and 1 basic dungeon, with a quest that involves going to it and getting an item or something. If you spend too much time making sure every little scene works with every gender configuration you plan on including, it's gonna be tough to get this thing off the ground. Wishing you the best of luck as I'm very interested in where you go with this.

I was planning to for the first demo only have sprites for the male but was just setting some code for it as a future addition, that way I wouldnt have to redo any code or scripts when/if it is added and was also putting off creating those sprites till then as well. That was what was planed for the demo as well, 1 town, 1 dungeon, I was going to add a few quests just to make sure that any checks in the quest lines didnt break if a player was part way through multiple quests at once.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Garz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:13 am

Okay, let me see.

I think you're trying to do too much with each common event. It'll be a little more work up front, but you definitely should split this by gender so you only have to call the part(s) you need and not 'everything'.

Do note that this may in fact be a lot of work, so the above suggestion to reduce quantity is a good idea. (Also, I wasn't counting zeroes with my previous math - it's actually 8 of each size for 64 options. Yikes!)

Well!

I'd control 'Do you go into this menu' for the NSFW tag or various other things - just use these common events to change the MC's sprite, not to do additional logic. So for example, if you're having the MC have a 'devour' button in combat, put the logic on 'What kind of vore are you using' in /there/. So if the NSFW tag exists then just don't give them any effects that make their ball size go up from 0 so it never displays. (Or test in the attack list)

Of the two ways I can quickly see to accomplish this, I'm pretty sure you have the first one listed above. Cut out the extra tests, focus on just the 'Belly size & ball size' variables. Like so:

https://i.imgur.com/I3GVf78.png

Now, an alternate option is to use one variable to control both belly size /and/ ball size. So have the tens digit be belly, and the ones digit be ball (or vice versa or whatever). Then whenever you increase or decrease belly size, do it by tens instead of ones.

Thus for example, 25 would be 'Belly size 2, Ball size 5'. 70 would be "Belly size 7, Ball size 0".

For maximum lazy, whenver you have something reduce belly size (Thus -10), have it check 'will this bring the number below 0? If so, don't do it, belly size is 0 already'.

This then has the advantage that you won't have nested if loops, so it makes it harder to make a mistake and easier to fix mistakes. Downside is that you'll have to be careful when you add to belly size to do it in tens, and getting an individual value out is a little harder (and will require the mod command)

Here's an example of the second idea: https://i.imgur.com/rpJiQyi.png

Either way.. phew, 64 is a lot haha, and that's per gender. It may be worth cutting the visible growth sizes down to something like 'three', as '9 per gender' is a lot less than '64 per gender'. Whichever direction you go for, good luck!

(These examples are MV, but they should work pretty directly for MZ too, haha)

Edit: You could also make it 3 at first (0 or less, 1, 2 or more), and then later go increase when you have time once you have the game set.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Thank you Graz for the advice, I will be splitting the genders into there own separate events and at least for the first demo will cut the sizes down to smaller numbers.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:42 pm

I was wondering if there had been any progress made on this. Not to press you, you'd just been giving a lot of updates on what you were doing.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 am

invidiasyren wrote:I was wondering if there had been any progress made on this. Not to press you, you'd just been giving a lot of updates on what you were doing.
Yes progress has been made, loads of little things that are not easy to show really, What is currently needed now is the story line to be planned out and writing isnt my strong suit but I think I can make it compelling. The main problem I have is that I have very little free time and Im splitting it between two projects on this site, This and new sprites for MGR.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby 2230 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 am

This looks like a good concept, gonna keep an eye on it at the very least
New to the forum

Postby darknessblades » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:09 pm

What i would suggest to do is instead of the normal game over screen.
use a system similar to Nyan-adventures. where you Respawn at the last {sleep/save} location.

I would also suggest to add a Event gallery. so we can more easily find all events/scenes. {all events are Locked till you complete the game {unlock all crystal}

Maybe have Female/Male/futanari gender choice, and events change depending on what gender you are.

Since you said you do not know much about coding, i would suggest you to first make a Beta game/map, where the status change depending on event triggers.
{Have all status data shown as a debug list} {if cheat enigine works with MZ, we can see if there are breakable events} {MV has a cheat menu plugin}
darknessblades
Participator

Postby Qfrostah » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 am

Any updates on this one?
Qfrostah
New to the forum

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Qfrostah wrote:Any updates on this one?

Sure, the update is I have made no progress, things in my life have kept me from doing anything twords this and other things I've been meaning to for months, im now just starting to occasionally have time to work on stuff like this, but I don't think I will be working on this game, maybe later in the year I might come back to this, but its safe to say the game is dead before arrival, sorry
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game