Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want to see in 0.6?

More enemies
43%
More descriptions for current enemies
14%
More biomes
3%
More events
15%
Overhauled Character progression
15%
Stronger gameplay loop
10%

Total votes : 469

Re: Island 0.6 (Dec 14 2020)

Postby Vizix » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:47 pm

I guess by close I meant today. Check the first page for 0.6
Vizix
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:09 am

I'm still heavily amused by at least one description having your character's feet sucked inside first, yet the character in the Gif goes in head-first.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Jumani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:41 pm

This game is great,but i got 1 problem.I cant get to the "find water","rest" and "flee" buttons because Im unable to change window size.
Jumani
New to the forum

Postby darknessblades » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:32 pm

Pixelated Placeholder art?
or is it going to look better later.

Since it looks quite pixelated, which might be Horrible on High resolution displays
darknessblades
Participator

Postby Unicornwill » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:34 pm

Jumani wrote:This game is great,but i got 1 problem.I cant get to the "find water","rest" and "flee" buttons because Im unable to change window size.

Same.
Unicornwill
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vizix » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Jumani wrote:This game is great,but i got 1 problem.I cant get to the "find water","rest" and "flee" buttons because Im unable to change window size.

Unicornwill wrote:

Same.

Let me know if making the window resizable fixed this.

darknessblades wrote:Pixelated Placeholder art?

Since it looks quite pixelated, which might be Horrible on High resolution displays

It is pixel art, that's kind of it's thing. This style is the art direction I decided to go with and I think the handmade pixel work for this game fits the theme well.
Vizix
Participator

Re: Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Postby SapphireBloodscale » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:49 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else was running into an issue where certain backgrounds and certain monsters were just white blocks, and nothing else, and if so, how do I fix that?
SapphireBloodscale
New to the forum

Postby Vizix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:17 am

SapphireBloodscale wrote:I was just wondering if anyone else was running into an issue where certain backgrounds and certain monsters were just white blocks, and nothing else, and if so, how do I fix that?

Not every enemy or environment has artwork yet, so that is what you're running into.
Vizix
Participator

Postby SapphireBloodscale » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:31 am

Vizix wrote:
SapphireBloodscale wrote:I was just wondering if anyone else was running into an issue where certain backgrounds and certain monsters were just white blocks, and nothing else, and if so, how do I fix that?

Not every enemy or environment has artwork yet, so that is what you're running into.

Ahhhh. That makes sense. Thanks~!
SapphireBloodscale
New to the forum

Postby HavocLordX » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:12 am

SapphireBloodscale wrote:
Vizix wrote:

Ahhhh. That makes sense. Thanks~!

Looking forward to seeing the Slimegirl's Animation.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:09 am

Personally would prefer more fatal/digestion enemies. But decent game so far regardless!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Etherthedrake » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Personally would prefer more fatal/digestion enemies. But decent game so far regardless!

To each their own. I mean, the files are easily customizable if you really wanted to change things up for your preferences. Another solution could be to leave things vague so that nobody is really dissatisfied. Adding enemies in isn't too difficult, either - it's balancing them that's the tough part.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Nice demo! It feels a little abrupt when I click "Attack" and the combat screen disappears. I'm guessing this means I won, but it still makes me twitchy like combat crashed. Could you add a message to log saying "You defeated MONSTERNAME" maybe?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jumani » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Vizix wrote:

Unicornwill wrote:

Same.

Let me know if making the window resizable fixed this.

darknessblades wrote:Pixelated Placeholder art?

It is pixel art, that's kind of it's thing. This style is the art direction I decided to go with and I think the handmade pixel work for this game fits the theme well.

Yep,that fixed all the problems,thank you alot.
Jumani
New to the forum

Postby Enteresting » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:59 pm

So, loving the new update. Would like to make a recommendation if you're planning on going this route:

In regards to the Combat, your character always seems to be on an even footing with the enemy. If you're bringing in RPG elements, perhaps add in stats that can affect how well you fight your opponent? Such as dodging enemy attacks or having better chance to resist.

Also, if possible, having the enemies show up on map would be helpful for battling certain opponents or avoiding ones you don't like.

Lastly, will your character have equipment or a customisation option? So we can know what we look like?
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Daedra » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:40 pm

resizable window is great. Anyone had trouble with fast scrolling down text on loose?
Daedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jumani » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Enteresting wrote:So, loving the new update. Would like to make a recommendation if you're planning on going this route:

In regards to the Combat, your character always seems to be on an even footing with the enemy. If you're bringing in RPG elements, perhaps add in stats that can affect how well you fight your opponent? Such as dodging enemy attacks or having better chance to resist.

Also, if possible, having the enemies show up on map would be helpful for battling certain opponents or avoiding ones you don't like.

Lastly, will your character have equipment or a customisation option? So we can know what we look like?

I have same questions and actually one more-can we get any in-battle way to heal? Its really hard to play,when enemy repeat vore attack over and over again, slowly drying player health.
Jumani
New to the forum

Postby Vizix » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:14 am

Jumani wrote:
Enteresting wrote:So, loving the new update. Would like to make a recommendation if you're planning on going this route:

I have same questions and actually one more-can we get any in-battle way to heal? Its really hard to play,when enemy repeat vore attack over and over again, slowly drying player health.

There currently are, but I don't show them. After you win a battle your strength and fitness increase which is attack dmg, stabbings increase and both affect grab resistance. I probably won't have characters on the map because it would be pretty huge code and data structure rework. My design choice is that you are the character, i always have second person text and intentionally do not show them or gender them, so that would be counter to that mission.

For in battle healing I'm not sure if I want to add this. I think health management is now the last way to die. Food and water are now easy, and you can keep your stamina up to lower grab chance.
Vizix
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:31 am

Vizix wrote:
Jumani wrote:

There currently are, but I don't show them. After you win a battle your strength and fitness increase which is attack dmg, stabbings increase and both affect grab resistance. I probably won't have characters on the map because it would be pretty huge code and data structure rework. My design choice is that you are the character, i always have second person text and intentionally do not show them or gender them, so that would be counter to that mission.

For in battle healing I'm not sure if I want to add this. I think health management is now the last way to die. Food and water are now easy, and you can keep your stamina up to lower grab chance.

I've noticed it seems to be very small as opposed to large bonuses... okay, that's good to know. In regards to the stats at least.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby fireball3643 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:08 pm

It seems the download link doesnt work anymore. The mega page says the file was removed.
fireball3643
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game