Island 0.5 (Nov 1 2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

What do you want to see in 0.6?

More enemies
83
39%
More descriptions for current enemies
36
17%
More biomes
7
3%
More events
35
16%
Overhauled Character progression
34
16%
Stronger gameplay loop
19
9%
 
Total votes : 214

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Ryuuenzan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:56 pm

So, just tried playing, and I can attest, the game is currently unplayable. the reason being is the player spawns inside a lake, consistantly due to the constant map. Reloading the map does not seem to fix this.
Ryuuenzan
New to the forum
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 am

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 pm

The map is generated per save, so you can delete biomes.txt and or edit biomes.txt.
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby DawiKhazzad » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:23 am

I'm having trouble trying to test new mobs that I'm making. I have tried simply copying lines of code and only changing flavor text, but that appears to keep all encounters from working at all. Any advice?
User avatar
DawiKhazzad
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:07 am

It starts up fine, but how do you move around? Everything is at 0 too, including HP.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
User avatar
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???
 
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Ishpeming, Michigan

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:52 am

DawiKhazzad wrote:I'm having trouble trying to test new mobs that I'm making. I have tried simply copying lines of code and only changing flavor text, but that appears to keep all encounters from working at all. Any advice?

So if I had to guess without looking I would assume it's probably that you are missing or have a comma where you shouldn't in the enemy or the event array. Which files are you editing? If you want you can send me them and I'll take a look. In move sets and in the event array only the last entry doesn't have a comma after it. It could also be that your brackets are mismatched.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote: >.> It starts up fine, but how do you move around? Everything is at 0 too, including HP.


That's really strange, I'm not observing this on my end, but you should be able to press R to restart if you are in a gameover.
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby DawiKhazzad » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:15 pm

lolcp123 wrote:So if I had to guess without looking I would assume it's probably that you are missing or have a comma where you shouldn't in the enemy or the event array. Which files are you editing? If you want you can send me them and I'll take a look. In move sets and in the event array only the last entry doesn't have a comma after it. It could also be that your brackets are mismatched.


Figured it out, thanks.
User avatar
DawiKhazzad
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:41 am

The slower healing rate combined with random events taking out chunks of health make recovery nearly impossible once you start taking damage.
User avatar
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Enteresting » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am

A suggestion for the game, have a location where your character can use as a resting spot, that can recover health in a small chunk (say 10 health per button press at the cost of 25 Health and Stamina)
Enteresting
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Enteresting wrote:A suggestion for the game, have a location where your character can use as a resting spot, that can recover health in a small chunk (say 10 health per button press at the cost of 25 Health and Stamina)


That is a good idea. I assume you mean at that cost of food and water?
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Enteresting » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:05 am

lolcp123 wrote:
Enteresting wrote:A suggestion for the game, have a location where your character can use as a resting spot, that can recover health in a small chunk (say 10 health per button press at the cost of 25 Health and Stamina)


That is a good idea. I assume you mean at that cost of food and water?


Yeah. And if possible, have a house of sorts where you can manage stuff, like found goods, equipment and tools, and so on.
Enteresting
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby SmeetReaper » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:56 am

i cant seem to play the game at all it runs showing the unity thing then a green brown and white map pops up with a box labled log and another box with what looks like stats and everything is at 0 and im unable to do anything
SmeetReaper
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Enteresting » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:46 am

SmeetReaper wrote:i cant seem to play the game at all it runs showing the unity thing then a green brown and white map pops up with a box labled log and another box with what looks like stats and everything is at 0 and im unable to do anything


Try pressing R to restart. The black square is your character and the biomes are the different coloured squares.
Enteresting
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby HavocLordX » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am

Got a couple of Sprite Issues

1) Cave Succubus, Pantheress, And Huntress Elf Don't Appear, Sprite-wise.
User avatar
HavocLordX
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:04 pm

That is expected behavior, I don't have sprites for every character. Currently only for beach elf, wood elf, marsh fairy.
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Krieg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Hey! Trying to get it to work but I have an ultrawide monitor so the text box during encounters goes over the fight/rest buttons. Any chance to have the game not start up in full screen mode and/or change the resolution?
Krieg
Participator
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:29 pm

I'm fairly new to the graphical scaling / UI stuff so I think the easiest there would be to launch windowed. I'll look into that for the next patch, does pressing CRTL + Space or any of the F keys make it windowed for you?
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby HavocLordX » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm

lolcp123 wrote:I'm fairly new to the graphical scaling / UI stuff so I think the easiest there would be to launch windowed. I'll look into that for the next patch, does pressing CRTL + Space or any of the F keys make it windowed for you?


lemme try that out. hang on.

Edit: No Sprites still on Cave Succubus, they don't show up, AT ALL.
User avatar
HavocLordX
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Krieg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:38 pm

lolcp123 wrote:I'm fairly new to the graphical scaling / UI stuff so I think the easiest there would be to launch windowed. I'll look into that for the next patch, does pressing CRTL + Space or any of the F keys make it windowed for you?


Heyas and thanks for the info, sadly it did not work however!
Krieg
Participator
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Enteresting » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:58 am

HavocLordX wrote:
lolcp123 wrote:I'm fairly new to the graphical scaling / UI stuff so I think the easiest there would be to launch windowed. I'll look into that for the next patch, does pressing CRTL + Space or any of the F keys make it windowed for you?


lemme try that out. hang on.

Edit: No Sprites still on Cave Succubus, they don't show up, AT ALL.


lolcp123 wrote:That is expected behavior, I don't have sprites for every character. Currently only for beach elf, wood elf, marsh fairy.


^ there's your answer.
Enteresting
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby lolcp123 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:08 pm

Released 0.5! Read the changelog!

HavocLordX, game should launch windowed now so hopefully you can give it a shot.
User avatar
lolcp123
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atlantean, avath, Blackviper318, BlackWillow73, CarnivorousVixen, chance10, ChaosDDragon, dagar, FishWithLegs, genericusername, Hatred123, HavocLordX, Hiddenmoo, hwitb, hyperguy55, Knifebot, lilo9zza, Mach11chocobo, maw247, McWolfstance, MGQFakeHeroJosh, mr_dawg, PhoenixNinja23, Ryan-Drakel, septer8, Seption, ShieldHero, Starkiler, Sulac, unwantedcap, vanderlan, xdouLv116, yko, yoyo02222803