New rpg “Scarta” in development

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

New rpg “Scarta” in development

Postby Saesalen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am

Hey guys, I’m currently making my first game in rpgmaker mz called Scarta.

In the game you play as Maia, a young adventurer setting out to take down the queen Archabella who has taken over most of the land and killed and devoured any who oppose her. Maia, with her ability to eat her foes (only those she sees deserve it), and her allies she meets along the way, must travel to the city of Gerrial and get the proper help to defeat the evil queen.

The game is coming along well so far and I expect to release a playable version sometime next month, and I expect it to be done maybe late 2020 or early 2021. The reason the timing is a little long is because I want to make sure it’s good, polished and enjoyable for everyone to play.

In the game I’ve decided to go with set battles instead of random encounters, because I personally find random encounters to be kind of annoying in rpg’s. But if you guys prefer random encounters be sure to let me know and I’ll implement them. Anything you guys want to see, just leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do, rpgmaker mz allows for a lot of cool stuff and all kinds of unique settings and the ability to make tons of characters with the new and improved custom character generator, so I want to put lots of variety and content in this game, though a lot of stuff in it won’t be very advanced (like with photoshop and stuff), as this is my first game, and I don’t really have time to learn it as school is taking up most of my headspace right now. And from what I’ve seen, using photoshop without being good at it just makes things really corny and honestly, immersion breaking in rpgs. So I don’t want to use it unless I’m really confident with it. But with mz, and the ability to make a pretty much infinite amount of unique characters, I won’t need to use 3rd party stuff at all. But in games I make in going forward, I’ll definitely import assets if needed.

This is my first game, but I really am enjoying making it and after I’m done with this one, I’ll definitely make more in the future. I’ll keep the updates coming and I hope you guys like it when it comes out, thanks.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Re: New rpg “Scarta” in development

Postby Observer888 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am

Looking forward to it
Observer888
Been posting for a bit

Postby ketchup » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am

Sounds exciting! What kind(s) of vore will it feature?
ketchup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:50 am

If you like set battles I say go with it.
It allows you to balance easier.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby vgove » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm

sound interesting
vgove
Participator

Postby Saesalen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 pm

ketchup wrote:Sounds exciting! What kind(s) of vore will it feature?

Mostly just oral and some absorption, though I might do some anal too
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm

any futa/herm or just females and/or male characters
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Saesalen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:31 pm

Persona59523 wrote:any futa/herm or just females and/or male characters

I’ll try to include some futa/trans scenes because I know a lot of people are into it, but the question is how I’m gonna do it like getting a cock sprite or art into the game. I’ll try my best but no guarantees though.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 am

A heroine that slays her enemies by gobbling them up?
Most interesting...
daeway
Participator

Postby slaggaX4 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm

I like the sound of this, if it is going to be mostly or completely set battles. is the leveling system going to be set as well, or will there be little side quests for those who want to grind up to a maximum level?
slaggaX4
Been posting for a bit

Postby Crazyman536 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:34 am

If random encounters aren't your thing, but you want to give players the option of more battles, then you could include an npc, item on the map or skill that summons an enemy. I'd personally recommend the npc or item on the map since navigating to the skill repeatedly in rpg maker games tends to be annoying. And if the matter of balance is a issue, you could make the summon enemies give around 1/5 the exp that the non-random encounters give.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby Saesalen » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:08 am

slaggaX4 wrote:I like the sound of this, if it is going to be mostly or completely set battles. is the leveling system going to be set as well, or will there be little side quests for those who want to grind up to a maximum level?

If it’s random I’ll include a leveling system, but I’ve kinda been thinking with set battles about leaving the character at one level and just granting skills that do more and more damage and items that increase stats, as it’s way easier to balance the game that way. And there is already sidequests in the game so those will definitely be a thing. But I’m doing the battle system last though, so it’s up in the air right now.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saesalen » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 am

Crazyman536 wrote:If random encounters aren't your thing, but you want to give players the option of more battles, then you could include an npc, item on the map or skill that summons an enemy. I'd personally recommend the npc or item on the map since navigating to the skill repeatedly in rpg maker games tends to be annoying. And if the matter of balance is a issue, you could make the summon enemies give around 1/5 the exp that the non-random encounters give.

Solid idea, I’ll keep this in mind.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby gargar » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 am

Looking forward to it, bro :)
gargar
New to the forum

Postby daeway » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 pm

So who's Mala? Character wise, I meant.

Also, in terms of the vore content, are we getting pred scenes? If so, will it be less than prey scenes?

I ask because these RPG's on Eka's Portal usually has the main character in more prey scenes than pred scenes.
daeway
Participator

Postby Saesalen » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:59 pm

daeway wrote:So who's Mala? Character wise, I meant.

Also, in terms of the vore content, are we getting pred scenes? If so, will it be less than prey scenes?

I ask because these RPG's on Eka's Portal usually has the main character in more prey scenes than pred scenes.

Scenes will be 50/50 and Maia is sort of easygoing and sarcastic.
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby vgove » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 pm

do you have an image of Mala yet?
vgove
Participator

Postby Saesalen » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 am

vgove wrote:do you have an image of Mala yet?
Attachments
protag.png
protag.png (36.12 KiB) Viewed 7948 times
Saesalen
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:07 am

Cool image
daeway
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:45 am

CUTIE! *ahem*

I really like the sound of this! Always love me some player pred!
Turbotowns
???

Next

Return to Vore game