Darkest Dungeon Vore Mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Darkest Dungeon Vore Mod

Postby Alice3hoping » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Maybe there could be several, one born from natural curse of hunger and the desire to eat, drawn to the hamlet for potential meals and treatment, the others are twisted experiments of the ancestor, dabbling in melding the ancient horrors of the darkest dungeon and the occult with humans who trusted to much, or slighted him to often.

The drider lurks in the warrens as a secret boss, lurking amongst the trees, she satiates her growing hunger on those unfortunate trespassers and native horrors. Her preferred method of attack is to ambush, binding foes in silk before biting with a potent venom. The paralytic takes a while to take effect, which is why she alternates from biting her ensnared prey and either wrapping or lashing out at the heroes. Once the paralytic has finished its work, the drider devours the hero whole and alive, moving on to his fellows as her abdomen grows larger with each prey digesting in her guts. Fortunately the driders pattern of attack is easy to counter with the expense of a torch to burn the silk binding the caccoon, or sliding it open with a blade. However unless an antivenom is used to clear the toxin, the paralysis will still take effect, and while not paralysing permenantly, it will hamper evasion and accuracy.

As for the naga... maybe She is an ally, or maybe she should be a boss, the serpentine mistress who once danced for the pleasure of the ancestor, now rendered half snake by her curse, with the ravenous appitite to match. Maybe she has several ways her quest can go, depending on your success or failure and decisions. Completing it and cleansing her curse transforms her into a shield bearer, completing the quest and not cleansing her curse completely leaves her as the naga. Failing the quest and not cleansing the curse at all transforms her into the Queen of snakes boss, a massive naga who will devour the heroes for their failure, using moves based on the moves of the naga.

The gourmand as a hero invoking a tarrare vibe is cool in a thematic way. The heroes all being screwed up tragic people, with the gourmand being someone who likely in fits of hunger devoured people they cared about. A dark craving that only the flesh of monsters or humans could satisfy. The hamlet offering a means to treat her affliction, or put it to use in a way that doesn’t commit innocents to her guts.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:08 am

I look forward to your sketches for sure, Lore isn't super important to me honestly with this though, so it doesn't have to be super thought out honestly. That can come later
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby Darksteelrob » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:39 am

the drider and naga could be as "heroes" so that you can restrict who can form a party with them, and my thoughts would be having one female and the other male perhaps
Darksteelrob
Been posting for a bit

Postby Alice3hoping » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:36 pm

Darksteelrob wrote:the drider and naga could be as "heroes" so that you can restrict who can form a party with them, and my thoughts would be having one female and the other male perhaps

you could, though i would have some monsterous boss varients that the heroes can encounter as well. nothing quite like fighting a giant snake or spider lady. question though would the drider or the naga be the male or the female.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:03 pm

Not a fan of male preds personally, so they'd probably both be female
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thunderclese4 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Alice3hoping wrote:Maybe there could be several, one born from natural curse of hunger and the desire to eat, drawn to the hamlet for potential meals and treatment, the others are twisted experiments of the ancestor, dabbling in melding the ancient horrors of the darkest dungeon and the occult with humans who trusted to much, or slighted him to often.

The drider lurks in the warrens as a secret boss, lurking amongst the trees, she satiates her growing hunger on those unfortunate trespassers and native horrors. Her preferred method of attack is to ambush, binding foes in silk before biting with a potent venom. The paralytic takes a while to take effect, which is why she alternates from biting her ensnared prey and either wrapping or lashing out at the heroes. Once the paralytic has finished its work, the drider devours the hero whole and alive, moving on to his fellows as her abdomen grows larger with each prey digesting in her guts. Fortunately the driders pattern of attack is easy to counter with the expense of a torch to burn the silk binding the caccoon, or sliding it open with a blade. However unless an antivenom is used to clear the toxin, the paralysis will still take effect, and while not paralysing permenantly, it will hamper evasion and accuracy.

As for the naga... maybe She is an ally, or maybe she should be a boss, the serpentine mistress who once danced for the pleasure of the ancestor, now rendered half snake by her curse, with the ravenous appitite to match. Maybe she has several ways her quest can go, depending on your success or failure and decisions. Completing it and cleansing her curse transforms her into a shield bearer, completing the quest and not cleansing her curse completely leaves her as the naga. Failing the quest and not cleansing the curse at all transforms her into the Queen of snakes boss, a massive naga who will devour the heroes for their failure, using moves based on the moves of the naga.

The gourmand as a hero invoking a tarrare vibe is cool in a thematic way. The heroes all being screwed up tragic people, with the gourmand being someone who likely in fits of hunger devoured people they cared about. A dark craving that only the flesh of monsters or humans could satisfy. The hamlet offering a means to treat her affliction, or put it to use in a way that doesn’t commit innocents to her guts.

These all sound like great ideas to me. I never really bothered to mod Darkest Dungeons before but I'd definitely get this. I also think the naga and the drider would work best as bosses because that way you only have to make a combat animation like most monsters in the game. Only heroes have idle and walk animations and that way you don't have to figure out how to animate it. The drider alone would be a nightmare and I don't know how to tackle it.
Thunderclese4
Been posting for a bit

Postby Talon13 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:44 am

Man I hope people do stuff with this...And do more than just oral vore >3>
Talon13
Participator

Postby Alice3hoping » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:31 am

I mean once a vore class or 2 can be worked out, we can make use of different kinds of vore. If we can figure out how to hold a character and give either healing or damage over time, more options will open up. For now I am mentally designing based on what we can currently do so far. This means the vore is always lethal. If We figure out how to do a ‘capture’ for an ally with specific effects for the captured, then we can have stuff like a pred maybe unbirthing an ally to provide healing, or having a risky buff option, where the ally becomes unable to be attacked, but takes damage over time while inside the stomach.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alice3hoping » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Note. I am not currently making this. It’s more me brainstorming ideas that others can take and use how they want. I want to see this completed, but I cannot code or make images worth a damn.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm on the same boat Alice, hence why if someone finds out or is willing to try for it im not scared of making it worth their effort, I know a lot of people just toss out ideas and hope and i dont wanna just be screaming out into the void and hoping, regardless of that fact i am happy that multiple people are tossing out their ideas and bouncing them off of each other, its nice to see that there is more interest than just my own out there in this.
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alice3hoping » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Okay. So anyways...I wonder if there should be more voracious enemies or characters.
If I was having a thematic area/expansion for them, I think I would go with a pseudo Greek/Roman feel. Maenads, Alraune, nymphs(or dryads), Scylla, centaurs, Arachne, Amazons, female giants/Cyclopes, and maybe ending with a final boss of the area clash with the bound goddess of hunger, who uses shape changing once she takes enough hits, going from a radiant looking woman bound in chains, to the unbound goddess taking up all 4 squares of the battle arena opposing the heroes, wielding many potent attacks and trying to devour her rescuers, believing they are merely pawns of the ancestor.

Ah yeah. The lore for the area is the mist shrouded island of erov was apparently visited by the ancestor at one point in time. What was once a community of relatively isolationist revellers and pagans was transformed when the ancestor decided to enact his will upon the populous and their religion. Using charms and eldrich Magic’s, he bound their goddess of the Revel and harvest inside a mausoleum and sealed her in, intending to starve her to death, before going wild with his Magic’s and experiments upon the people’s there, making many monsters, though he was forced to flee once the cult of the goddess, feeling the hunger and rage of their patron, tried to devour him alive. Now as his descendant, you Have been left with the task of resolving the situation.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rubiont-47 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:01 am

Sorry if I made peoples wait. But I forgot to tell. I taked a look that I should buy a special programm for 300$ to make animations for Darkest Dungeon and taken aback. I am not ready willing to pay such a price to make a single modification [v_v]
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game