Monster Girl Dreams...

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Monster Girl Dreams...

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:27 pm

I've recently been playing a game called Monster Girl Dreams (great game highly recommend it)

And I found out that it has full modding support!
So I was wondering if there was anyone around who might be able to do a Vore Mod (crazy idea I know)

This is the link to the download, everything needed for modding is included when you download the game under "ModdingDocs"
https://threshold.itch.io/monster-girl-dreams

Even still it's a great game and would recommend playing it, even if you don't want to/can't mod it.
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Re: Monster Girl Dreams...

Postby Marshall59 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:25 pm

Honestly, the game seems pretty good and well done. What i don’t know is if someone is up to make a Vore mod to it. I am just leaving a comment here because i also would like to see that mod happening, but also don’t have any skills for it.
Marshall59
Been posting for a bit

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Oh yeah the game is amazing by itself I just wouldn't mind having the option of vore added.

While I'm here I guess I should also mention that the game is an rpg, and like most games it tends to get grindy. So for any potential modders, or if you just wanna progress as fast as possible, there are cheat mods available for **download**, though it doesn't unlock all scene's immediately, it'll definitely help ease the time you have to put into the game

https://monstergirldreams.fandom.com/wiki/Category:List_Of_Mods
Last edited by FlamingFoxu5000 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby eleventh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 pm

People are *selling* cheat mods for that game? You edit like two lines in a text file and you can just rocket through the game.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:59 pm

I...dunno why I said purchase lol. Must've blanked out. But no, they don't actually cost anything, free to download and use, sorry about that!
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nouvi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 pm

eleventh wrote:People are *selling* cheat mods for that game? You edit like two lines in a text file and you can just rocket through the game.

Are you perchance referring to the name of the mod "Dirty cheats, done for free"? Because that's just a joke name.
I've been following the game on two different forums for nearly a year and a half, and have no knowledge of any paid mods. On the contrary, I believe Threshold has made a comment at some point that mods are to be free.

*nvm, didn't read that one word in Flaming's post.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 pm

You're all good! Little extra confirmation never hurt anyone.
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby ian66613 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:13 pm

I honestly also wouldn't mind a shrinking scenario mod. Though making it would require remaking a lot of scenes. It could open up a lot of vore opportunities though, such as nipple/breast vore. Or cleavage "vore" with Vivian just keeping you in her cleavage until you manage to pass an incredibly high struggle check. Or perhaps accidentally getting put into an alcoholic beverage to be drunk by one of the ladies.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 am

Very true! I was also thinking about something with the Manticore's Tail Pussy. She talks about how it can eat food items sooooo.
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:50 am

The possibility for a vore mod for this sounds intriguing but I am no modder so I can't say for sure.
Younger99
Participator

Postby LurKing » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:18 am

Just leaving a comment here so I can check the thread later, b/c this definitely interests me
LurKing
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 am

I decided to go onto their Discord, and ask about if we could add special effects, like the zooming pulse effect, or the pink flash, etc.

In the ModdingDocs homepage.html (make sure to extract the whole html folder where the moddingdocs resides) search for VFX. You'll get this daunting documentation:

A full log of what transpired in the modding-help discord chat for what I asked is below:

Code: Select all
coldreactiveToday at 11:06 AM
The moddingdocs didn't seem to go over this at all, so I'm asking here: Can we make mods cause screen effects? Such as zooming in on a character, positioning their art, make that semi-transparent zoom pulse effect that certain scenes have, etc?

BookWyrmToday at 11:07 AM
The framework is there, so I dont see why not

coldreactiveToday at 11:08 AM
Yes, but since the docs didn't go over it at all, do I just need to learn how renpy works? Or something else?

KaaToday at 11:08 AM
search for 'vfx' on docs, that lists functions for pulsing and some visual effects
zoom ins are just separate images you show instead of the regular portrait, you can look into sofia's file on how to do that
its not actually the game scaling the asset or anything

coldreactiveToday at 11:11 AM
Okay, thank you. A fair few people on a few communities were considering on making mods for this game, as the game didn't have their specific desire :P
And the docs didn't specifically point it out via a link to the VFX section it seemed

Valentin CognitoToday at 11:12 AM
Mods outside the Discord? That's something I'd like to see!

coldreactiveToday at 11:13 AM
It probably wouldn't be in the scope of the main game though, and they can be rather, different fetishes... that's for sure.

KaaToday at 11:13 AM
the docs are indeed a bit unfinished, mostly in regards to skill creation

coldreactiveToday at 11:13 AM
I commented on the itch.io page for the game about one

KaaToday at 11:14 AM
feel free to ask for help here

coldreactiveToday at 11:15 AM
The other fetish though is something not a lot of people are comfortable with, even in the R18 gaming community and fetish communities.
So I decided not to mention it

KaaToday at 11:15 AM
also nothing stops you from adding different fetishes into mods, that's what mods are for :ImpDominant:
the main question is 'does MGD as a framework let me do my fetish' and not 'will people play my weird fetish mod'
cause, for example, with extreme size difference you mentioned i am not certain combat can make sense

coldreactiveToday at 11:16 AM
Which is why it would be specific to scenes only :V

KaaToday at 11:17 AM
how to defeat big madam with cock if you're the size of her leg/finger/toenail/whatever
yeah

Aurum | Pokemon ChampionToday at 11:17 AM
the answer is yes, people will play your weird fetish mod
plenty of people like the same thing as you

KaaToday at 11:17 AM
yeah that's what i was implying :ImpDominant:

coldreactiveToday at 11:18 AM
The mod could simply just turn off all random fighting encounters (even ones explicitly chosen via exploration) anyway, unless a specific monster girl would be able to sense you in that form. And if they did, it might just trigger a scene, rather than a fight.
Which is why a size scenario mod would be better suited as a full on DLC or main-game sized mod.

KaaToday at 11:21 AM
:SalarisThink: i guess that's kinda possible, even without delving into code mods. swap the entire game cast with your desired giant ladies using new monster files and additions to existing monster files
so yeah, definitely doable but is a ton of work cause you gotta provide content on the same scale as the main game, more or less

coldreactiveToday at 11:22 AM
Probably the easiest way to start making this mod would be to make an isolated event though. Such as having a spell go off on you in town by accident and a certain someone finding you immediately to keep you safe. cough Vivian cough
We'll see how it turns out though. Thanks.

feltcutemightcleanlaterToday at 11:52 AM
@coldreactive

Doc/Reference/Asset/VFX.html#playmotioneffect

Would contain viewport manipulations. Any vfx you see used by the base game can be done by mods.

As the docs detail, Threshold develops the games content in the text format json. He is doing it in the exact same way as modders, beyond being able to expand the functionality as he needs it. This is why the modding system is so robust.

Additionally, character positioning is meant to be set once in a monster json. Positioning is done automatically from there based on how many characters are on screen. Their order is decided by their listing in Doc/Reference/EventOnly/SpeakersSpecific.html#displaycharacters.

If functionality is missing, Threshold has always been open to suggestions from modders in #suggestions-chat.

Events and adventures should give you the control you need for encounters and the likes, there's no explicit need to use the grimoire for an existing or custom location.
vfx and sfx overall is still in its infancy of use by the game so suggestions for how that should develop would be especially relevant, I'm sure.
Panning would be difficult, as it sounds that's what you're after
But I'd definitely see the appeal of that functionality.

Just so you know, there's a list of will and won't be added to the game posted by the developer here: https://monstergirldreams.blogspot.com/ ... 85a4332564 (Vore is something that will not be in the main game.)
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Oh wow! Amazing stuff.
butts
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby NightRoller » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:24 am

Commenting because the concept looks cool, and I want to see whether this goes anywhere
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:35 am

I am also curious about the game too, and it looks awesome!
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby BlackWillow73 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:10 pm

curious
one disaster bisexual ready for a meal
BlackWillow73
New to the forum

Return to Vore game