Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor!

Postby AngelofHell64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:So... we've finally made it... More or less.

Devourment Dialogue v3.0!

It has all the content from previous versions, plus a little bit of extra. There was a bit more stuff that I wanted to add, but I decided there was no point in delaying it when it's completely playable. It has all of the good stuff - Sleeping in preds, getting imprisoned in guards stomachs, accidentally getting digested. There's also the start of some new stuff. Just a bit of a taste, but now whenever you swallow an NPC they will make a comment once they're in your stomach, and very occasionally prey in your stomach will make random comments just as you are out and about. This is pretty rare though because I don't have much content for it yet, and it's all for Endoed prey. But I decided that there was no point in making people wait any longer for me to start adding new stuff, so hopefully you'll see some future updates for this version pretty soon. I do have few things I'd like to get done in the near future - adding user suggestions to dialogue, expanding on prey making comments without needing you to activate them (and also prey making comments as well), and as you can tell I still haven't bit the bullet on changing the mods name. So hopefully that stuff will be added soon.

All of this would not have been possible without the assistance of InsaneRobot. They helped me break out of my mind prison and added a lot of the dialogue to the mod. If it wasn't for them, I'm not sure I would have had the motivation to get this done so... soon.

Soon is relative in this case.

Regardless, I'm just now realizing I never actually credited them like I intended to in the MCM so whoops. That will be added in the next update.

Speaking of which, I have a few ideas for what I'm going to pursue in the near future, and I may make a poll for it, but I would appreciate suggestions. What I'm currently thinking is:
  • Continue to expand dialogue
  • Add more dialogue where the prey or pred speaks without being prompted by the player.
  • Make little scenarios of dialogue - for example prey falling asleep in the players stomach, or asking to be digested.
  • Update Burps and Bellies. I think I can actually rework the old version fairly quickly, the one problem is that I actually had an idea for completely revamping the way the mod works entirely to deal with some of the annoyances I've had in the past with it. But that might take a bit more time, and effort than I currently have available.

Again other suggestions are always appreciated.

I can't seem to get any version of this mod to work with Refactor. The front page says it should have an MCM menu but I don't see anything like that nor do I see anything looking like new dialogue for anyone.
AngelofHell64
Participator

Re: Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 am

The chat options don't seem to appear if the target is already digesting someone else or has someone in their belly ... Is there a way to fix that or force the dialogue ?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Farfanuggen wrote:Stuck on an endless loop with the same person after sleeping in their stomach. No matter who I approach it always goes back to Adrianna.

Can I get more details on what exactly is happening? And are you having the issue on a new game or on an old game?

crazytf2 wrote:do you think making some compatibility patch for gherking mod

As I've stated that is something that has been brought up, but it's currently out of my hands.

Mastert3318 wrote:Quick question. Does this newest version work with Devourment Refractor?

Yes. That is the point lol

AngelofHell64 wrote:I can't seem to get any version of this mod to work with Refactor. The front page says it should have an MCM menu but I don't see anything like that nor do I see anything looking like new dialogue for anyone.

Are you installing it with a mod loader, such as Vortex or Mod Organizer? I'm realizing that attempting to install it manually will require additional steps that I forgot to mention (I was tired).

MelonBoobies wrote:The chat options don't seem to appear if the target is already digesting someone else or has someone in their belly ... Is there a way to fix that or force the dialogue ?

You should recieve different dialogue options if a person has prey. How are you trying to talk to them, and is this a new or old save?
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Mastert3318 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:24 pm

How much dialogue is supposed to be in the conversation menus? Because I'm only getting a few lines that are all the same. Just the "want to eat you" or "eat me" and the "I'm going to let you out"
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:33 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:
Farfanuggen wrote:Stuck on an endless loop with the same person after sleeping in their stomach. No matter who I approach it always goes back to Adrianna.

Can I get more details on what exactly is happening? And are you having the issue on a new game or on an old game?

crazytf2 wrote:do you think making some compatibility patch for gherking mod

As I've stated that is something that has been brought up, but it's currently out of my hands.

Mastert3318 wrote:Quick question. Does this newest version work with Devourment Refractor?

Yes. That is the point lol

AngelofHell64 wrote:I can't seem to get any version of this mod to work with Refactor. The front page says it should have an MCM menu but I don't see anything like that nor do I see anything looking like new dialogue for anyone.

Are you installing it with a mod loader, such as Vortex or Mod Organizer? I'm realizing that attempting to install it manually will require additional steps that I forgot to mention (I was tired).

MelonBoobies wrote:The chat options don't seem to appear if the target is already digesting someone else or has someone in their belly ... Is there a way to fix that or force the dialogue ?

You should recieve different dialogue options if a person has prey. How are you trying to talk to them, and is this a new or old save?

It's an old save and I'm using the "h" key since from what I can tell, it isn't in the actual dialogue box ..?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm guessing I need to make a new save don't I ? :(
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:26 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:I'm guessing I need to make a new save don't I ? :(

Potentially. But it's helpful to know if creating a new save makes it work properly because if that doesn't fix it then there's definitely a problem.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:

Potentially. But it's helpful to know if creating a new save makes it work properly because if that doesn't fix it then there's definitely a problem.

I guess we'll see but yeah ... the only options that were showing up were the "I'm gonna let you out", the general agree and disagree as well as some of the guard lines...

Still will be a pain torestart after I had made so much damn progress but whatever lol

Edit: Oh and the innkeeper "private room" ones
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Farfanuggen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:28 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:

Dunno, hard to explain other than that when I go to sleep in a stomach, only sometimes now not every time, anything vore dialogue related gets stuck on that person I slept in. Doesn't matter if I reload a save or exit out of the game and come back in. I have to fully disable the mob, save without it loaded and then reactivate it again to get the dialogue to not be frozen. It's a new-ish save that I started and haven't even done the first major quest in Whiterun yet.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:31 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
Chiaroscuro wrote:

I guess we'll see but yeah ... the only options that were showing up were the "I'm gonna let you out", the general agree and disagree as well as some of the guard lines...

Still will be a pain torestart after I had made so much damn progress but whatever lol

Edit: Oh and the innkeeper "private room" ones

So I'm a bit uncertain because that definitely isn't all of the dialogue, but I think you might also be looking for dialogue that is not currently there. Some of the stuff is a little bit bare bones at the moment, since I mostly purged content that was added by other people in the old versions of devourment. That means that all the stuff with taunting or playing with your prey isn't really there at the moment. Personal tastes, but I found the very generic lines where you like ask your prey to pleasure you etc, kind of boring personally. Mainly because they always resulted in the same thing and once you've read it once, it's not super interesting anymore (my personal opinion). What I've kind of doing is stripping some of that stuff away and instead adding random scenarios where, for example the prey will start masturbating on their own, or will ask you to digest them, or will fall asleep, etc. That's what I'm working on adding now. If people want more of the generic taunts and stuff added back in, I'll see what I can do.

So while there is more dialogue than you seem to be finding, parts of it are going to randomly happen, not just dialogue options whenever you talk to your prey.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:49 am

Maybe ..? Is all the dialogue from the "new responses to new dialogue" google doc in it ? Because whenever i eat someone, the only option i get is to let them out which doesn't even trigger regurgitation and even when i get eaten by a lover, I still get the generic responses...
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:34 am

I'm still in helgen but I swallowed a stormcloak soldier and when I hit the keybind to talk to him in my stomach, the only option I get is "I'm going to let you out"

Edit: Just read the last part of your text and that makes sense ... But how often does it happen in general then ?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:14 pm

I'm just gonna simplify this entire "problem" and ask if it would be possible to see all the dialogues that are currently in the game ? Like the chat options and such. That way I could tell you if I have all of them and I was just being a dumb dumb or I indeed am missing some of them
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:I'm just gonna simplify this entire "problem" and ask if it would be possible to see all the dialogues that are currently in the game ? Like the chat options and such. That way I could tell you if I have all of them and I was just being a dumb dumb or I indeed am missing some of them

So I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I think you currently are seeing everything that is currently there. Like I said I was planning on adding a lot more dialogue (including stuff from the suggestions) in the coming week. However, I think there's just a big chunk of basic dialogue, that I just completely forgot to add. Basically I was copying everything over from the old mod into a google doc, and for some reason several dialogue branches just didn't get added. So when I got done with everything that I had written out, I was just like "Okay, that's done. Let's go work on finishing up the other parts." So yes, there is actually a significant chunk missing now that I'm looking at it. I'll try to get that fixed ASAP.
Last edited by Chiaroscuro on Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:49 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:I'm just gonna simplify this entire "problem" and ask if it would be possible to see all the dialogues that are currently in the game ? Like the chat options and such. That way I could tell you if I have all of them and I was just being a dumb dumb or I indeed am missing some of them

So I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I think you currently are seeing everything that is currently there. Like I said I was planning on adding a lot more dialogue (including stuff from the suggestions) in the coming week. However, I think there's just a big chunk of basic dialogue, that I just completely forgot to add. Basically I was copying everything over from the old mod into a google doc, and for some several dialogue branches just didn't get added. So when I got done with everything that I had written out, I was just like "Okay, that's done. Let's go work on finishing up the other parts." So yes, there is actually a significant chunk missing now that I'm looking at it. I'll try to get that fixed ASAP.

That explains a lot ! Don't worry it happens to the best of us, just confused me quite a bit. Glad to know we managed to figure out what was wrong though lol !
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm

You also mentioned that Regurgitation wasn't working. So I had primarily been using an old version of Refactor to make my mod, and then last minute updated my Refactor version to check if everything was good. I compiled everything and got no errors, so I assumed things were fine. But it turns out that Mark changed the parameters for the Regurgitate mod event (normally you would get a compiler error if you tried to call a function with incorrect parameters, but because of the way mod events work it slipped through without error) so the function in the Refactor script was not properly getting called. It was easy enough to fix (I designed my mod explicitly so that it would be), so it should be fixed on the next version. Or it's just a small change to one file, if people would just like to get a copy of the file before then. Regardless, Mark should probably update the guidelines for adding dialogue with the new parameters.

Looking back at this, are you saying that you don't receive the specific "pred is already full" dialogue? Or are you not seeing any dialogue at all? Because I just discovered that the functions I use to see if preds are full in Refactor does not count if they have "fake" prey. Currently, I don't think there's a way to actually check if an NPC has fake prey, besides writing a lua script to check the data directly. Which is certainly something I can do, but probably a better long term solution that would be better for all involved is just for Mark to add it themself.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Mastert3318 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:59 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:

So I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I think you currently are seeing everything that is currently there. Like I said I was planning on adding a lot more dialogue (including stuff from the suggestions) in the coming week. However, I think there's just a big chunk of basic dialogue, that I just completely forgot to add. Basically I was copying everything over from the old mod into a google doc, and for some several dialogue branches just didn't get added. So when I got done with everything that I had written out, I was just like "Okay, that's done. Let's go work on finishing up the other parts." So yes, there is actually a significant chunk missing now that I'm looking at it. I'll try to get that fixed ASAP.

Ah. That makes sense. Also, about the taunts. They're usually one of the big fun parts of vore dialogue, or at least one of the parts I enjoy a lot.
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Mastert3318 wrote:Ah. That makes sense. Also, about the taunts. They're usually one of the big fun parts of vore dialogue, or at least one of the parts I enjoy a lot.

I do want to keep those interactions in some form. I guess I'm just not sure what that form should be. For me it felt like if you only have one taunt available that gets boring and repetitive, but if you have multiple taunts it just kind of clogs things up (and also get's boring and repetative). So I was mostly focused on the NPC's taunting the player, or other prey. I suppose what I could do is make taunts that are more dependant on what the NPC's say, so there's a variety without overloading things, and also getting some nice variance. That will take a bit of work though.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:You also mentioned that Regurgitation wasn't working. So I had primarily been using an old version of Refactor to make my mod, and then last minute updated my Refactor version to check if everything was good. I compiled everything and got no errors, so I assumed things were fine. But it turns out that Mark changed the parameters for the Regurgitate mod event (normally you would get a compiler error if you tried to call a function with incorrect parameters, but because of the way mod events work it slipped through without error) so the function in the Refactor script was not properly getting called. It was easy enough to fix (I designed my mod explicitly so that it would be), so it should be fixed on the next version. Or it's just a small change to one file, if people would just like to get a copy of the file before then. Regardless, Mark should probably update the guidelines for adding dialogue with the new parameters.

Looking back at this, are you saying that you don't receive the specific "pred is already full" dialogue? Or are you not seeing any dialogue at all? Because I just discovered that the functions I use to see if preds are full in Refactor does not count if they have "fake" prey. Currently, I don't think there's a way to actually check if an NPC has fake prey, besides writing a lua script to check the data directly. Which is certainly something I can do, but probably a better long term solution that would be better for all involved is just for Mark to add it themself.

I mean the chat options don't appear at all. I get a "Hmm ?", "Hey.", "Hello there." or another generic option without the chat menu showing up and that's it. Also other than the sleep caused digestions, it doesn't appear that you CAN be digested as your health never goes down nor does it say "You've been digested"
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:36 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:I mean the chat options don't appear at all. I get a "Hmm ?", "Hey.", "Hello there." or another generic option without the chat menu showing up and that's it. Also other than the sleep caused digestions, it doesn't appear that you CAN be digested as your health never goes down nor does it say "You've been digested"

So... the great misfortune of developing a vore mod is that pred and prey are very similar words. Which means that they can get scrambled up very easily. So the dialogue for preds who already had prey had an error because it was using the prey variable instead of the pred variable. So you could not ask NPC's that were already full to swallow you. Also, currently you cannot swallow NPC's who already have prey, just because I haven't yet set up a way to check certain settings in Devourment, so they're currently just set to the more conservative option. I should have that working soon.

Also, the lack of digestion damage is another case where the parameters changed without me realizing it. I've gone through and checked all the other functions that could have that issue and I believe everything is good now.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game