Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue - New Poll for v3.0 in Comments

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 am

So while I did take about a day to work on the old versions of the mods, I may have overestimated how long it would take to make version 3.0. I've been making good progress, and while it's certainly not close to being finished, the number of things that I need to do are slowly ticking down. It probably helps that in the weeks leading up to starting on it, I spent a lot of time brainstorming how to actually go about doing it, so there's only actually a few things left for me to really figure out. And while there's lots of stuff I do want to work on adding, currently there's not enough actual dialogue and content to make use of it, so really all I need to get done is the framework. So version 3.0 may actually come out sooner than expected. No one hold your breath though, there's still plenty of things that could go wrong. But I feel like the longest part is just going to be transfering everything over from version 2.3 to 3.0.

But as for the new stuff coming, one thing that I've been thinking about is changing the way you start vore related dialogue. I had a poll a while back about what to do whenever there were so many dialogue options that it began to clutter. The majority wanted to just have a single dialogue choice that opened up all vore related stuff, but I thought about a new option. I've been reworking how you talk to pred/prey, and I was kind of thinking of making the key used to talk to your pred/prey into a multipurpose key. You can use it instead of "E" to begin talking to NPC's and it will only show the Vore related dialogue options, and talking to them normally will only show the non-vore dialogue options. There will still be some occasional vore stuff when talking to NPC's normally, but that will be rare and specific to quests or NPC's, rather than all the generic dialogue. I'm interested to hear what people think about that idea, though I will say I have not fully tested if it's even possible (though I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't).
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Re: Devourment Dialogue v2.3- Mini bugfix patch before v3.0

Postby ItanParker1997 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:18 am

Thanks for your update! Really can’t wait when your mod’ll be working with Refactor. I was playing with your mod on DFAM, then I decided to try refactor, and now I’m missing your mod, it’s really amazing! Thanks you for everything you’re doing!

What about your idea with different key to vore dialogues, it’s really clever idea. I think it’ll be possible to get into, but you maybe will need to use some of mods are using for creating keys for other mods. Or you can made all dialogues on vanilla key of dialogue starting, but it’ll be always two groups of dialogues, like “talk about daily things” where are all vanilla dialogues with NPC’s and “talk about something personal” where you can talk about all vore things using one key to start all dialogues. As for me, result is nearly the same, but no difficulties with creating other key basically not integrated in game. But, TBH, I’m not really good in that, you may know more about how to realize not of ways, and realization of which one of them is easier

Can’t wait for new version, love your mod, you’re amazing, thanks for all you’re doing!
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:12 am

invidiasyren wrote:I've been reworking how you talk to pred/prey, and I was kind of thinking of making the key used to talk to your pred/prey into a multipurpose key. You can use it instead of "E" to begin talking to NPC's and it will only show the Vore related dialogue options, and talking to them normally will only show the non-vore dialogue options. There will still be some occasional vore stuff when talking to NPC's normally, but that will be rare and specific to quests or NPC's, rather than all the generic dialogue. I'm interested to hear what people think about that idea, though I will say I have not fully tested if it's even possible (though I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't).

Ingenious as usual, Invidia. I always privately thought my own personal dialogue mod the best because I've had YEARS to pump it with content and variation, but your insightful solutions (like talkingactivators, and the entirely of burps and bellies) consistently blow my mind. I should have that file cleaned up and sent over in a couple of hours.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Gherking wrote:Ingenious as usual, Invidia. I always privately thought my own personal dialogue mod the best because I've had YEARS to pump it with content and variation, but your insightful solutions (like talkingactivators, and the entirely of burps and bellies) consistently blow my mind. I should have that file cleaned up and sent over in a couple of hours.

Thanks. I'll be honest, I'm probably not the best writer, but I do like to think I have a lot of good ideas. I do think I may eventually get some people to do the writing part of the mod so that I can focus on the technical aspect because that's really what I love doing.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 am

New Test Build!
So I’ve got most of the basic building blocks of 3.0 built up, so I thought I could go ahead and release a Prototype. This is the DFAM prototype. I expect that I should have the Refactor prototype done sometime tomorrow.
Devourment Dialogue v3.0 PROTOTYPE

PLEASE READ BEFORE USING
First of all this is a test build. While most of the scripting and background mechanics are in place, the majority of the dialogue is not. I mainly just included stuff to get a basic test of scripts, and so each dialogue option has three responses at most - more often just one. I also have not added the MCM yet at all, so everything is just set to default. I usually add the MCM towards the end of the project cycle.
While a lot of stuff has changed in the background, there’s a few major changes that will be noticeable when you play:
To start any generic vore dialogue you have to use the H key.
In all previous versions of Devourment you’ve generally used the G key to interact with your pred/prey. For this version you will also need to use the H key to do so and even to start vore dialogue with just general NPCs - such as asking to swallow them. It works exactly the same as the normal interact key (usually E), but will only show vore dialogue, and using the standard interact key will present you with just the vanilla dialogue. In the future you will be able to change which key does this, and I expect most people will go with G, but DFAM is currently hard bound to using G for it’s version of interactions (unless you know how to edit the scripts… which I do…) so I set it to H for now to avoid the conflicts.
Interactions with preds and prey use “Dummys” instead of talking to the actual NPC
So one of the things that always annoyed me with Devourments base dialogue system is that whenever you wanted to talk to your pred, you would hit G, which would teleport you to the pred, and despite the fact that you were invisible everyone would still stare at you and even greet you anyway, and it would try to start dialogue with the predator but you spawning there would bump them slightly, canceling the dialogue, and frankly the entire business was just very messy and annoying to deal with. Although things are better in Refactor, this is my solution to all of that nonsense. Instead of the whole teleporting thing, whenever you try to talk to your pred/prey it will spawn the “Dummy” - a Talking Activator - to interact with you in their place. Talking Activators are what Skyrim primarily uses for the Daedric quests where you get to talk to one of the Daedric princes without needing to have an actual person there. For my mod, they function exactly the same as though you were speaking to the proper NPC, but they’re fully invisible (not just blurred); they have no AI to contend with, meaning they will basically always work when activated; and they don’t actually have to be near you in order for you to interact with them, so you can converse with them even when there a thousand feet away (as long as they’re loaded).
What this does mean is that you’re not actually talking to your pred when you have dialogue with them. While they still pantomime the words as if they’re actually speaking them, they aren’t bound to stand there talking to you, and can continue to freely go about their business. While I find this to be a positive (if you got to take your conversation partner with you wherever you want, why not continue with your day) it means they can do some weird stuff. I haven’t gone in and put guards on what they shouldn’t be able to do, which means they can do stuff like eating or playing instruments while talking to you, and the “lip syncing” can be a bit off at times. I have yet to see anyone engage in dialogue with another NPC while simultaneously talking to you, but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility. While I do intend to clean this up, I still appreciate any reports of funny business to make sure I account for everything.
Lastly, there is a slight annoyance in that, unlike normal NPCs, you cannot skip through a Talking Activators dialogue. While I don’t think it’s that bad, if people really hate it I have some potential ways around it (it will just be very tedious for me) or I could just go back to using the invisible teleportation. I’ve got other uses for the Talking Activators Regardless.
Last edited by Chiaroscuro on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Re: Devourment Dialogue v3.0 Prototype

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:27 am

So some people may notice that internally the plugins and the files are now labeled as "Gurgle". So for a long time I've been wanting to change the name of the mod away from Devourment Dialogue, not only because it was an intensely uncreative name that I came up with when I was expecting this mod to just be a small thing I threw together and never touched again, but also it's quite a nightmare to find anything when all the files, scripts, objects, quests, etc, are all labeled Devourment. Gurgle seemed like an appropriate name for a mod focused on vore dialogue, if once again, a bit uncreative. However... I honestly just really don't like it. But also I seem to have zero talent for coming up with names, but here's a few I thought of:

Devourment Gurgle - Simple and very vore-y. Though nothing special and I kind of hate the use of onomatopoeia's as an actual title.

Skyrim Gurgle - Same as above, the only difference is that my mod is intended to be functional with any vore mod, not just Devourment. However, every vore mod that has existed and will exist in the foreseeable future have all gone by the moniker Devourment, so...

Du Thu'um - So I like this name a bit more, but it's a bit... esoteric. According to the translations on the wiki it means "Devour Voice" which is... fitting. But also I doubt anyone's really going to understand that at first glance.

Du Zul - This also translates to "Devour Voice", but for my own pedantry it refers to just a regular speaking voice instead of the whole shouty dragonborn thing. While that means Zul is more accurate, Thu'um is more recognizable.

I'm going to throw out a straw poll here, to get some feedback, but I also would take any suggestions one might have.

Lastly, I apologize that it's taken so long. I basically confirmed that I could have had this fully complete weeks ago. While I had done some off handed tests and experiments here and there, everything included in the 3.0 prototype I wrote in the past 4 days. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking my Adderall for a bit. While I can function without it, going from taking it to not left me doing nothing but lying in bed and playing video games for a week. The other thing delaying it was... it was kind of... too easy. I tend to be motivated by challenges and trying to puzzle something out, but I had basically already done that before I even started. Which meant that most of the work I've done was just tedium more than anything. While once I get focused on something, I can quickly crank stuff out - which you can see by the fact that I did all of this in only a few days - it does make it hard when you're bored with something before you even start. I did try to get more organized for this (yay Adderall) which certainly helped, so you can check out my Trello to see progress on the stuff that I've done. I've been updating it fairly faithfully, and you can see that I only have a few things left for the final 3.0 release (shockingly some of the biggest and most tedious tasks...) and so pretty soon I will start filling it up again with my future plans that I've been keeping in a disorganized google doc...
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype available for testi

Postby LostCause » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:00 am

It's good to see that things are coming together! I look forward to the Refactor prototype tomorrow (or whenever it's ready). Don't worry about about how 'long' it's taken, it sucks that you had no motivation for a while but I hope you at least enjoyed the rest and videogames :lol:

If I can make a suggestion, seeing as you're still working on context based dialogue, would it be possible to allow dialogue options with NPCs depending on the relationship of them and your prey? Some quick examples being; you could have dialogue along the lines of inviting your prey's lover to join them (whether its for some fun or to join them in being digested), dialogue to taunt an NPC after swallowing/digesting their lover/friend/family member. It would open up a lot of options for your own additions or for others to suggest/mod in dialogue of that nature themselves. If you end up having dialogue between prey/multi-prey specific dialogue it could also be fun in that situation, e.g. special dialogue between lovers in the player's (or even an NPC's?) belly and things like more willingness for lovers to "have some fun" and/or allow being digested together. I don't know if conditions like this would add too many variables or bog down the mod but I just wanted to put the suggestion forward.

I don't know if it would be possible to make good use of the in-game variables that track NPC relationships (I believe this is mainly used for the quest where an NPC sends a bounty hunter after you when you murder their relative/friend/lover) or if it'd be easier to simply add some dialogue options that are based on the disposition of NPCs towards each other. Perhaps even both?

If the game tracks NPCs dispositions towards each other that could enable some fun options too, be it instead of or along with NPC relation dialogue. For example when the player has multiple prey there could be a chance for prey to swallow and begin to digest another prey (in Refactor) even in an endo situation if they dislike them enough or perhaps even if they like them so much they want to keep them for themself :lol: Or maybe silly dialogue like two prey getting angry in the player's belly if they hate each other haha.

One more thing I just came up with and want to put here before I forget. This is probably starting to leave the scope of your mod but since you want to/are tracking recent preds and prey, perhaps this could also allow for contextual dialogue/situations depending on recent pred/prey and relations between them. For example, a pred deciding to digest you as revenge for digesting their relative/friend/lover or prey being afraid of getting swallowed because you recently digested a prey or even vice-versa, they're so aroused by it that they want you to digest them too. I know that Approach is Cacame's thing and not part of your mod but I feel that some of these situations can still work well with player initiated dialogue.

Anyway, this suggestion ended up longer than I expected but I wanted to try to bring up multiple ideas surrounding it to see if any took your fancy. I'll be keeping an eye on any progress and look forward to the future of the mod, whether you like my suggestions or not.
LostCause
Participator

Postby LostCause » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:19 am

Oh also, if you still wanted to add vore related options to quests and guilds then I personally think the Dark Brotherhood will be an easy start, even if it's just modified dialogue or dialogue options to reference that your target met their end in your stomach :gulp:

invidiasyren wrote:I plan to do a lot with this, so things like, if you kill a pred that was digesting prey, thus releasing the prey, the prey will thank you for saving them.

I hope there will be an option for them to reward you with a meal lol.

EDIT: When might we get Burps and Bellies for Refactor? Not trying to rush you or be demanding, just wondering if you had any plans to do that yet/at all.
LostCause
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:42 pm

LostCause wrote:If I can make a suggestion, seeing as you're still working on context based dialogue, would it be possible to allow dialogue options with NPCs depending on the relationship of them and your prey? Some quick examples being; you could have dialogue along the lines of inviting your prey's lover to join them (whether its for some fun or to join them in being digested), dialogue to taunt an NPC after swallowing/digesting their lover/friend/family member. It would open up a lot of options for your own additions or for others to suggest/mod in dialogue of that nature themselves. If you end up having dialogue between prey/multi-prey specific dialogue it could also be fun in that situation, e.g. special dialogue between lovers in the player's (or even an NPC's?) belly and things like more willingness for lovers to "have some fun" and/or allow being digested together. I don't know if conditions like this would add too many variables or bog down the mod but I just wanted to put the suggestion forward.

I don't know if it would be possible to make good use of the in-game variables that track NPC relationships (I believe this is mainly used for the quest where an NPC sends a bounty hunter after you when you murder their relative/friend/lover) or if it'd be easier to simply add some dialogue options that are based on the disposition of NPCs towards each other. Perhaps even both?

Already planned. However, there is the unfortunate fact that the relationship settings in the game are... incomplete. I first noticed this when I was messing around with Hreinn and Hroki for my innkeeper dialogue, and I found out that they weren't listed as siblings, and I've slowly found that many characters with very clearly established familial relations are missing parts of them. And some of the relationships that are actually encoded don't have any typing, just the relationship rank. So I can't exactly discern how exactly the two are paired, just how they feel about one another. Still there should be enough for some stuff to work. I can check relationship rank, association type, and if all of that fails I can check certain factions to get a good idea of how two characters might feel about one another. For example one of my earliest ideas was what happens if you have a guard and a bandit in the same stomach, so that should be fun.

As for too many variables, that is a concern. The two biggest things are just making sure I don't have too many things to track at once and making sure the system does not get bogged down trying to check for those things, and I don't get bogged down trying to code all those checks. I already have an outline for keeping track of data and what I should keep track of and the latter part just comes from building a robust system to analyze what sort of things can happen and what can't. The good thing is that because I've rewritten how any of this stuff starts, it's a lot easier to actually check with them, since it always goes through scripts first. In the standard condition system I had to check using Condition Functions to see if certain dialogue should be presented or how an actor would respond. This is extremely annoying because the Conditions menu only has AND and OR for the Conditions. So if you wanted to do (A and B) or (C and D) - like I don’t know, checking if the character is male and male preds are enabled or if they’re female and female preds are enabled; you know one of those things that gets used a lot - I had to write it as (A or C and A or D and B or C and B or D). Now I don’t have to deal with that bullshit!

LostCause wrote:For example when the player has multiple prey there could be a chance for prey to swallow and begin to digest another prey (in Refactor) even in an endo situation if they dislike them enough or perhaps even if they like them so much they want to keep them for themself :lol:

I’ve spoken to Mark, and Refactor is currently not equipped to handle an actor swallowing another actor inside of a predator, but after I brought it up, they indicated that they could add it. As for DFAM, I think I could probably put together a rudimentary “nesting” setup for that to work. Mostly instead of having the actor actually swallow another actor, it just waits for a moment in which an actor having swallowed another would be perceived (such as on the pred actor getting vomited up). Sort of a Schrodinger’s cat situation. That being said, I believe the only people using DFAM at this point are the ones using Legendary Edition, while most everyone else has moved to Refactor. So while I do want to continue to support DFAM (which should be easy enough with the way things have been set up), I’m not sure how much I’m going to specifically develop for it.

LostCause wrote:I know that Approach is Cacame's thing and not part of your mod but I feel that some of these situations can still work well with player initiated dialogue.

I was planning on adding scenarios where an actor approaches you for something vore related from the very beginning. I’ve already asked Cacame and they said they’d be interested in combining our mods at some point in the future, when that mechanic has been added. In the meantime they’ve said they’re going to continue to develop their mod and get it working for Refactor, while I tackle other things.

LostCause wrote:When might we get Burps and Bellies for Refactor? Not trying to rush you or be demanding, just wondering if you had any plans to do that yet/at all.

Uncertain. Reworking the dialogue mod is easier because it’s mostly just function calls. Burps and Bellies is an entirely different beast. The thing with Refactor is that it’s significantly more robust than DFAM, which makes me concerned with accidentally breaking something. However, since Mark’s started adding the random belly spawns in, there are systems in place for accounting for this sort of behavior that don’t exist in DFAM. So I can go in and add the polish to those things while he concerns himself with the more important matters of keeping the mod working. All that being said, I am looking forward to getting into Mark’s toybox and just absolutely trashing everything. I have plans for a new disposal type for those of use that aren’t into… well… fecal excretion, a change to the players endo spell, and a rework to the struggle system specifically to complement more long form dialogue interactions for my mod.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Thanks for the detailed response, lots more fun things to look forward to! It's a shame that the NPC relations aren't fully complete, I had a hunch it might have been like that seeing as it's a bethesda game. Perhaps later down the line someone can see about making a little mod to add at least some of those in where they're missing, if they're interested. I assume it wouldn't be too difficult even for someone like me with little to no experience since the system is already in place.

It's not really optimal at all but maybe just randomly selecting a few variables to check each time could be an acceptable (temporary?) solution if there ends up being too many variables and you don't want to get rid of any. Though I'm sure you'll come up with a better system yourself. As for DMAF, I feel that it's probably more of a headache than it's worth coding in new features like prey with prey. As you say, I reckon very few people still use it or will switch in the foreseeable future and the code is such a mess you'd probably end up having to fix so many issues in the process.

On a side note, it's good to hear Cacame is still around. I was a little worried they'd lost interest or something after they left the discord, though I can't blame them for leaving there's really not much point being there anymore.

Keep up the good work!
LostCause
Participator

Postby Logic101 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 pm

invidiasyren wrote:New Test Build!
While they still pantomime the words as if they’re actually speaking them, they aren’t bound to stand there talking to you, and can continue to freely go about their business. While I find this to be a positive (if you got to take your conversation partner with you wherever you want, why not continue with your day) it means they can do some weird stuff. I haven’t gone in and put guards on what they shouldn’t be able to do, which means they can do stuff like eating or playing instruments while talking to you, and the “lip syncing” can be a bit off at times.

Does that work in reverse? I was thinking a neat idea would be hiring a "Belly Bard". Ether a unique npc or an interaction with any of the bards to pay or convince them to ride in your belly and play music while you travel. Even better if some sort of muffled filter could be placed over it.
Logic101
Been posting for a bit

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor!

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 pm

The long awaited Refactor prototype is here
Devourment Dialogue v3.0 PROTOTYPE for Refactor

In a addition I have some bugfixes for the DFAM version (or rather some bugfixes to the full mod that weren't included in the DFAM version):
Devourment Dialogue v3.0 PROTOTYPE for DFAM

In the future the two will be packaged together with a FOMOD because the only difference between the two mods is two files.
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING
(TLDR this time because I know I can be long winded)
  • This is primarily just for testing purposes so 95% of the content of the mod is not yet included.
  • To start all interactions added by this mod, including just asking someone to vore you or similar dialogue, you must use the "H" key as you would the normal activate key (the "E" key usually). Otherwise you will only see the vanilla dialogue, or the dialogue from the base mod. In an upcoming update you will be able to change which key is used for this.
  • Talking to your prey/pred is now very different. It's significantly more stable and the actors are no longer just teleported and made invisible. This does come with a few caveats though. For one the dialogue cannot be skipped nor exited out of before it's complete. I'm looking for some ways around that, but it seems to be a hard coded feature due to the fact that I'm using what they normally use for having Daedric Princes speak to you.
  • Your pred no longer has to just stand and talk to you - they can continue to move around and do whatever they want (as if they really were just carrying you in their belly). This does mean that there is a potential for a lot of weirdness, including but not limited to - eating while talking to you, playing the flute while talking to you, and even trying to start other entire conversations. This is to be expected and I'm working on fixing them, but I would appreciate any reports so that I can account for them.

I'm also thinking of renaming the mod, and you can vote for the name here. (For clarification, Du Thu'um and Du Zul are both dragon for "Devour Voice". Du Zul is more technically correct, but Thu'um is more recongizable.) However, I also welcome any suggestions since I like basically none of these.

You can also see my progress here. Once I'm done with a lot of the mechanical stuff, I will begin filling it up with plans for new dialogue and interactions.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Koarua » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:34 am

Sorry if this has been asked before/explained before and I missed it... but I would like to ask if this mod will allow you to switch off the chance for non-fatal vore to turn into fatal vore?

I love everything about this mod... except for that, that is something I would REALLY like to remove from my playthrough ^^; It would break my immersion a bit too much in most situations...
Koarua
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:41 am

Koarua wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before/explained before and I missed it... but I would like to ask if this mod will allow you to switch off the chance for non-fatal vore to turn into fatal vore?

I love everything about this mod... except for that, that is something I would REALLY like to remove from my playthrough ^^; It would break my immersion a bit too much in most situations...

All of the random digestion is set to a probability slider that can put to zero. I can maybe add a toggle specifically to disable all of it from happening though. (I will need to keep that in mind though because there are a few scenarios where I have the chance set to a fixed probability, so I need to account for people that don't want it to happen at all).
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Koarua » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am

Thank you very much for the quick response! ^^;
I mean I can deal with it in some cases, certain NPC types I guess or maybe full on strangers who eat me, as long as I can try to disable it for most cases (like innkeepers/followers/etc.) then I'd probably be just fine :-D
Koarua
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItanParker1997 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:56 am

Your mod is amazing! I’m so happy that it now working with refactor! I had been testing it for 6 hours, and discovered some problems in it
1) Dialogues in it are too fast, impossible to read them. (All other dialogues, including dialogues with no sounds, like from refactor, are going with normal speed)
2) if you’ll go to some character and he automatically starts talking with you (with no pressing “E”, like guardians’ comments and so on) then even if you’ll press “H” it’s vanilla dialogue starts, no vore replies.
3) If your predator started digesting you without your agreement, if you’ll talk with them (no care by “E” or “H”) after finishing dialogue they’re continuing digesting you, then struggling mechanic turning off, and then it’s completely impossible to get out from their belly
4) if I’ll swallow body of some NPC who is dead already, their can be not digested completely despite the time in game. Body digesting just not happens sometimes
5) Dialogue with inn keeper “can I rent a “private” room?” Is going to “forcegreet”, after it back to choice between “can i rent “private” room?” and “”would you like to spend some time in my belly?”. It’s first choice while talking with inn keeper if you press “H”.

Also, I have a question. Are you planning to get replies from refactor under your own mod control? There are some things are simple between your mod and vanilla refactor, like innkeepers. But your version of dialogues with them is more interesting and having more opportunities. Will you remove vore replies from here under your “H” control? Or how this all you’re planning to realize in future?

Thank you really much for your mod! I was having a lot of enjoyment playing with it on DFAM, now I’m also having a lot of it in Refactor! Your mod is amazing! Really love it! You’re amazing!
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:46 am

Itan, are you using FusRoDoh? It helps with the fast dialog issue.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby LostCause » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Only got to play around with the beta for a short time because some other mods broke and took a while to fix, but I wasn't really sure what to be looking for anyway. About how much in the way of dialogue and features should I expect to be present? Is there anything in particular you want tested? The only dialogue options on my game were one asking if I could swallow an NPC and one asking if they could swallow me. Then upon swallowing the NPC the only dialogue option was letting them out. Is this how it should be or is there something wrong on my end? I didn't get round to testing prey dialogue but I intend to do that on saturday or sunday when I have some free time.

I assume it's correct that there was no MCM at all? I do remember reading that you normally work on that towards the end of a project.

The dialogue options themselves worked fine, not being able to skip some of the longer lines is a shame when they're silent but personally I'd rather deal with that over all the issues the old system had. Also I just wanted to say that having them all on a seperate dialogue menu is useful as dialogue with some NPCs is already pretty cluttered for me, so that's a nice side-effect of the new dialogue system.
LostCause
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Like I said 95% of the dialogue is not in yet. I basically just threw in the barest essentials. Some people had asked me to let them test stuff when I got it working. So I was not really expecting anyone to really use it right now. It only has about 15 lines of dialogue so far. Basically I just wanted people to tell me if it exploded because that would be bad.

I do think I have a way to let you close out the dialogue while the person is talking, which will be nice even if you can’t skip it, and I may have a way to shorten the duration of the lines. I just need to dive into Fuz ro doh for that (since that’s what’s extending the lines).

Also, I should have sleep working very soon.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 pm

Sorry, I knew there wasn't much in I just wanted to be sure it wasn't an issue on my end because I've been having some funky issues with Refactor recently due to a mystery mod interfering. I had no big issues to speak of when I tried it earlier, although one time when talking to prey with H they responded with the ordinary dialogue options, rather than any prey options. I didn't get round to trying to replicate it in my short session but it may have been because I pressed G to bring up the regular Refactor dialogue before that. Actually now that I think about it I recall that pressing G to talk to prey after swallowing an NPC through H dialogue from your mod brought up the default non-prey dialogue options. I know the two hotkeys aren't really supposed to be used together (I assume?) but it may cause nasty issues if someone presses G by mistake. Will see about replicating that too on saturday or sunday if necessary.
LostCause
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game