Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor!

Postby jimmersac » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:Does it crash when the game itself loads, as in when you get to the menu screen, or does it crash upon loading a save. If it crashes upon loading a save, does it also crash on a new game?

On saves and new games. If I use an alternative start mid, that takes me to character customization, it doesn't crash until after I finish the character. But for the vinila version it crashes right at the very start of the game.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mastert3318 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:45 pm

How do I know if the Refractor version is working? Because I don't see an MCM Menu.
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimmersac » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Mastert3318 wrote:How do I know if the Refractor version is working? Because I don't see an MCM Menu.

Do you get any prompts when you start the game?
"Power Swallow added"
"Power regurgitate added"
"Devourment level 16"
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mastert3318 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:22 pm

jimmersac wrote:
Mastert3318 wrote:How do I know if the Refractor version is working? Because I don't see an MCM Menu.

"Power Swallow added"
"Devourment level 16"

Yeah. But I meant the Dialogue mod.
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby LostCause » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Mastert3318 wrote:
jimmersac wrote:

"Power Swallow added"
"Devourment level 16"

Yeah. But I meant the Dialogue mod.

The Refactor version is incomplete. It has no MCM menu and most of the dialogue is missing. Stay tuned for the full release whenever Chiaroscuro (formerly Invidia) finds the time and motivation to finish off the remaining tedious work of porting it.
LostCause
Participator

Postby Mastert3318 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:53 am

LostCause wrote:The Refactor version is incomplete. It has no MCM menu and most of the dialogue is missing. Stay tuned for the full release whenever Chiaroscuro (formerly Invidia) finds the time and motivation to finish off the remaining tedious work of porting it.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering about that. Good to know I didn't do anything wrong.
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheMastermind » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:36 pm

LostCause wrote:The Refactor version is incomplete. It has no MCM menu and most of the dialogue is missing. Stay tuned for the full release whenever Chiaroscuro (formerly Invidia) finds the time and motivation to finish off the remaining tedious work of porting it.

I was about to ask about the missing dialog options listed in the description, so that saves me from waiting.
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:15 pm

Might I aquire some help with a bug I found.
I have the refactor variant installed and cannot for the life of me get the innkeeper dialogues to work ... I tried with both Delphine and Elda and both just don't have the option at all ... i tried removing the other dialogue mods (reformation dialogue and the reformationai from Gherking) and it still wouldn't work!

Currently the only mods i have that affect dialogue would be SexLab, Devourment Approach, Gherking's mods and this one ...
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:55 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:Might I aquire some help with a bug I found.
I have the refactor variant installed and cannot for the life of me get the innkeeper dialogues to work ... I tried with both Delphine and Elda and both just don't have the option at all ... i tried removing the other dialogue mods (reformation dialogue and the reformationai from Gherking) and it still wouldn't work!

Currently the only mods i have that affect dialogue would be SexLab, Devourment Approach, Gherking's mods and this one ...

I’m very sorry that you spent all that time trying to fix the issue. Unfortunately, as has been noted many times the Refactor version is very unfinished, and when I was making the prototype I just completely forgot to add that branch, so the Innkeeper dialogue is just missing entirely.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:Might I aquire some help with a bug I found.

I’m very sorry that you spent all that time trying to fix the issue. Unfortunately, as has been noted many times the Refactor version is very unfinished, and when I was making the prototype I just completely forgot to add that branch, so the Innkeeper dialogue is just missing entirely.

Ok, would there be a way to use the version before and transfer the innkeeper related files into the new one for now ..?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:59 am

MelonBoobies wrote:Ok, would there be a way to use the version before and transfer the innkeeper related files into the new one for now ..?

That's pretty much the step that I'm doing at this very moment. It's really the only thing getting in the way of having version 3 done. Unfortunately it's extremely tedious and I have ADHD and a million other projects in the works at the moment. Basically it's really hard to get motivation to do this last step because I want to quit and work on something else before I even start. I'll finish it up eventually when I'm not so busy... and possibly when I have better meds.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:14 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:Ok, would there be a way to use the version before and transfer the innkeeper related files into the new one for now ..?

That's pretty much the step that I'm doing at this very moment. It's really the only thing getting in the way of having version 3 done. Unfortunately it's extremely tedious and I have ADHD and a million other projects in the works at the moment. Basically it's really hard to get motivation to do this last step because I want to quit and work on something else before I even start. I'll finish it up eventually when I'm not so busy... and possibly when I have better meds.

Oh, I have the same thing (Minus the hyperactivity) and one of the ways I can get myself to do something (without my meds/other than with meds) is by just drowning out all other activities ... if that makes sense ...

(Trial at explaining): If i need to like, do homework, dishes, take out the dog, and etc all at once, I'll say a mental "fuck you" to all the other chores but one. (aka procrastinate on the others) but then get back to them whenever I get bored of the first task. After that, the cycle repeats itself for the new task ... It's dumb I know but it helps me out a bit whenever I run out of meds or don't have any at the moment.
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mastert3318 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:13 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
Chiaroscuro wrote:

Oh, I have the same thing (Minus the hyperactivity) and one of the ways I can get myself to do something (without my meds/other than with meds) is by just drowning out all other activities ... if that makes sense ...

(Trial at explaining): If i need to like, do homework, dishes, take out the dog, and etc all at once, I'll say a mental "fuck you" to all the other chores but one. (aka procrastinate on the others) but then get back to them whenever I get bored of the first task. After that, the cycle repeats itself for the new task ... It's dumb I know but it helps me out a bit whenever I run out of meds or don't have any at the moment.

Huh. I've never tried that before. Just hyperfocus on one thing at a time? I'll try that sometime! Thanks!
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Mastert3318 wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:Oh, I have the same thing (Minus the hyperactivity) and one of the ways I can get myself to do something (without my meds/other than with meds) is by just drowning out all other activities ... if that makes sense ...

Huh. I've never tried that before. Just hyperfocus on one thing at a time? I'll try that sometime! Thanks!

That is not what I meant lol ... what I meant is focus on a single chore for as long as you can without being bored or distracted, once you do get bored/distracted, just change

This way may take a while longer as well ... you do like 5% progress (more or less depending on the severity of your handicap) before switching to another project... But it can help with doing some progress on multiple chores without losing focus.
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mastert3318 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:36 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
Mastert3318 wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:Oh, I have the same thing (Minus the hyperactivity) and one of the ways I can get myself to do something (without my meds/other than with meds) is by just drowning out all other activities ... if that makes sense ...

That is not what I meant lol ... what I meant is focus on a single chore for as long as you can without being bored or distracted, once you do get bored/distracted, just change

This way may take a while longer as well ... you do like 5% progress (more or less depending on the severity of your handicap) before switching to another project... But it can help with doing some progress on multiple chores without losing focus.

Ah. I get what you mean now. That's kinda what I already do and it kinda works.

Edit: Like what my dad has told me, half-done is better than not done at all. Because half-done you at least have something to work off of instead of starting from nothing.
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:05 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
Mastert3318 wrote:That is not what I meant lol ... what I meant is focus on a single chore for as long as you can without being bored or distracted, once you do get bored/distracted, just change

Ah. I get what you mean now. That's kinda what I already do and it kinda works.

Edit: Like what my dad has told me, half-done is better than not done at all. Because half-done you at least have something to work off of instead of starting from nothing.

Now you got it ! And yeah, I wasn't told this by anyone but I figured it out myself lol ...
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Wait if i was special vore interactions, should I just install version 2.3 until the version 3 is fixed ?

Like what does version 3 currently fixes or adds ?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:55 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:Wait if i was special vore interactions, should I just install version 2.3 until the version 3 is fixed ?

v2.3 is only for DFAM. v3.0 works for DFAM and Refactor. So if you're running Refactor, v2.3 will not work. I had to rebuild the entire mod in such a way that it was modular enough to be used for both. The main meat of the mod doesn't care which version you use, while there are connecters that hook it into DFAM or Refactor depending on which file you download.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:Wait if i was special vore interactions, should I just install version 2.3 until the version 3 is fixed ?

v2.3 is only for DFAM. v3.0 works for DFAM and Refactor. So if you're running Refactor, v2.3 will not work. I had to rebuild the entire mod in such a way that it was modular enough to be used for both. The main meat of the mod doesn't care which version you use, while there are connecters that hook it into DFAM or Refactor depending on which file you download.

Then would it be possible to manually remove said connecters and reconnect it to refactor ?

Or just have both DFAM and refactor installed at once ... :idea:
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:38 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
Chiaroscuro wrote:

Then would it be possible to manually remove said connecters and reconnect it to refactor ?

Or just have both DFAM and refactor installed at once ... :idea:

Ah. No. It wasn't designed to work that way. Basically v2.3 has all the dialogue in it, but fundamentally tied to DFAM. It would take a lot of work to retrofit it for Refactor, that would be pretty unnecessary given the work I've already done which is much cleaner and has much more future proofing. That is v3.0 which realistically is an entirely different mod from 2.3 since I rebuilt it entirely. But because the fundamental structure of the mod has changed, I have to readd all the dialogue back in again manually. Which is where we are now. Basically I started this mod when I really had no idea what I was doing, v3.0 is a clean slate where I made active design choices to create a well developed architecture for the mod. Basically I'm a big nerd, so designing complex systems is fun, copying dialogue is not. And since you've said you also deal with ADHD, you know how much of a killer that can be.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game