Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue v1.1 - Dialogue addon for Skyrim DFA

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:57 pm

When asking to get in the pred who is already full of digestign prey, first of all they refuse and irritatingly high amount of the time, but when they do accept they play out the dialogue, then you get the option to say ...
etc. before it procs a swallows before the first "...", now there doesn't seem to be any attempt to swallow happening, even if i set the vore odds to 100% which was how i was able to reliably get it to work last time.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:09 am

Which version of Devourment are you using?

Also, the ... is how I run some of the scripts. It's mostly just to keep NPC's in conversation with you, so they don't walk away which can sometimes mess up the swallow actions. If people find them annoying, I can remove them.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby benrowe91 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:17 am

I had a bounty on me but didnt have the option with the guards when surrending to spend it in their stomach?
benrowe91
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:40 am

invidiasyren wrote:Which version of Devourment are you using?

Also, the ... is how I run some of the scripts. It's mostly just to keep NPC's in conversation with you, so they don't walk away which can sometimes mess up the swallow actions. If people find them annoying, I can remove them.

SSE, DFAM 1.2.7, most up to date version.
the main annoyance is the ... failed to, say, perhaps provide another swallow check as a failsafe or something.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:07 am

benrowe91 wrote:I had a bounty on me but didnt have the option with the guards when surrending to spend it in their stomach?

Thanks. There was a contradiction in the dialogue conditions, so it would only appear if your bounty was high enough to make you get immediately digested. It will be fixed in the next update.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:SSE, DFAM 1.2.7, most up to date version.
the main annoyance is the ... failed to, say, perhaps provide another swallow check as a failsafe or something.

Do you have DFAM before this mod in the load order? (I don't mean to be patronizing, I'm just kind of going through a checklist of what could cause the issue - starting with things that are easiest to fix).
Also, if it's not working the first time, most likely subsequent times will not work either, and trying to swallow multiple times might slow down the scripts/cause errors.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Rainbowknight2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:24 am

Hey! Tested it yesterday on devourment 1.2.7 and it works pretty good. A few times it seemed the sleep dialogue didn't show up, but after that it has, so if it should become a problem after all, I'll let you know.

I also noticed that, with this dialogue mod, you need to have npc preds enabled in the MCM menu, or the dialogue to ask them to swallow you won't show up. But the dialogue for random swallowing does, probably because that's still handled by the original devourment mod.

The only real problem I encountered was that, after sleeping, if you're let out, it counts as escaping. This happened with Hulda (from the bannered mare in whiterun) after spending the night in her belly. Now this can be problem because, in version 1.2.7, a prey perk tree was added and one of the perks you can choose is called "parting gift", which deals massive damage when you escape.
So I spend the night inside her, come morning she lets me out, and immediatly drops dead. Fortunately I had a save loaded just prior, and it doesn't count as assault or murder either (literally nobody batted an eye at her dying).

Maybe (I don't know how you decided the letting go part of the dialogue) if you trigerred the regurgitate ability on the npc instead of escape from the player's end that can be circumvented?
And in the mean time, I suggest that those playing version 1.2.7 of Devourment don't select that perk just yet. (I'm gonna try to remove it with console commands and will update the results)
Rainbowknight2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:08 am

Rainbowknight2 wrote:Hey! Tested it yesterday on devourment 1.2.7 and it works pretty good. A few times it seemed the sleep dialogue didn't show up, but after that it has, so if it should become a problem after all, I'll let you know.

I also noticed that, with this dialogue mod, you need to have npc preds enabled in the MCM menu, or the dialogue to ask them to swallow you won't show up. But the dialogue for random swallowing does, probably because that's still handled by the original devourment mod.

The only real problem I encountered was that, after sleeping, if you're let out, it counts as escaping. This happened with Hulda (from the bannered mare in whiterun) after spending the night in her belly. Now this can be problem because, in version 1.2.7, a prey perk tree was added and one of the perks you can choose is called "parting gift", which deals massive damage when you escape.
So I spend the night inside her, come morning she lets me out, and immediatly drops dead. Fortunately I had a save loaded just prior, and it doesn't count as assault or murder either (literally nobody batted an eye at her dying).

Maybe (I don't know how you decided the letting go part of the dialogue) if you trigerred the regurgitate ability on the npc instead of escape from the player's end that can be circumvented?
And in the mean time, I suggest that those playing version 1.2.7 of Devourment don't select that perk just yet. (I'm gonna try to remove it with console commands and will update the results)

Getting the dialogue to show up at times can be a bit testy, but that's kind of just how the base mod works. It's something that I would like to improve upon, though that would kind of require making my own version of the base mod, which I'm not sure I'm quite up for yet, so...

Also, that is a very hilarious bug, but... that's not my mod. I was suspicious, so I tried it out without my mod installed, and yeah, if you ask someone to swallow you and then let you out, you deal the damage and oftentimes kill them. So if you're interested in endosoma, regardless of if you have my mod, maybe don't take that perk?
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Rainbowknight2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:24 am

invidiasyren wrote:
Rainbowknight2 wrote:Hey! Tested it yesterday on devourment 1.2.7 and it works pretty good. A few times it seemed the sleep dialogue didn't show up, but after that it has, so if it should become a problem after all, I'll let you know.

Getting the dialogue to show up at times can be a bit testy, but that's kind of just how the base mod works. It's something that I would like to improve upon, though that would kind of require making my own version of the base mod, which I'm not sure I'm quite up for yet, so...

Also, that is a very hilarious bug, but... that's not my mod. I was suspicious, so I tried it out without my mod installed, and yeah, if you ask someone to swallow you and then let you out, you deal the damage and oftentimes kill them. So if you're interested in endosoma, regardless of if you have my mod, maybe don't take that perk?

Yeah, that perk is best avoided. I wasn't sure if it was base mod or this one, cause this was the first time it happened. Imagine that as an assasin build tho; get ate, break out, they drop dead and it's not a crime cause clearly they bit off more than they could chew. :lol: (pun very much intended)

But when you already have the perk, it's easily fixed with console commands. (the first two # didn't seem to match up with the load order so I don't know if perk codes are 'set' or something, but for anyone who wants to get rid of it, just follow the steps below;
open console
type: help "parting gift"
It should have only 1 result; Perk: Parting Gift: [code]
type: player.removeperk [code]
Rainbowknight2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:15 am

invidiasyren wrote:
Younger99 wrote:I'm curious to give this a shot but if I may ask does this work with versions for standard Skyrim or does it need to be modified to work for them?

I don't think it's likely that it will work with Legendary Edition without some form of modification, but I have not tested it personally.

Thanks, mate I just gave it a shot and it seems to be working fine for me despite the fact I'm using legendary edition.
Younger99
Participator

Postby LordDantai » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:18 am

Can't wait to see how this mod blossoms. The biggest weakness to devourment right now is the lack of dialogue options so I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Is it possible to have predator vore started from a dialogue option, like the prey option, not just the power. Its always been odd walking up to randoms and hit button to swallow.
LordDantai
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:28 pm

The dialogue mod appears to be below the devourment main mod on vortex plugins, so i'm assuming it's loaded after as it should be.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm

LordDantai wrote:Is it possible to have predator vore started from a dialogue option, like the prey option, not just the power. Its always been odd walking up to randoms and hit button to swallow.

That should be coming soon. For this initial version I was mostly focusing on adding player as prey functionality. I’m also having weird issues where if you swallow someone through dialogue it makes everyone nearby aggressive, but I should be able to figure out a fix for that, hopefully soon.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The dialogue mod appears to be below the devourment main mod on vortex plugins, so i'm assuming it's loaded after as it should be.

Hmm. I’m worried it might be a conflict with 1.2.7. The big problem with that is that every time I try to install 1.2.7 for my skyrim everything crashes, and I’m not really sure why. Something I’m currently working to fix.

Can you test to see if the Reverse Swallow power a. Works normally when used on any target and b. Works when used on someone who is currently full. The Reverse Swallow power is how I make the swallow function run, and I think that might be the issue here. If anyone else who’s using 1.2.7 could test if multiprey dialogue works, that would be very useful to see if this is a problem with 1.2.7 as a whole, or an isolated problem.

Edit: I managed to sort out my problems with 1.2.7 and install it, and... Everything is working perfectly well for me. I have no idea what's wrong.
Edit 2: I've spoken to other people who it's also working perfectly fine for, so you might need to reinstall the mod or DFAM.
Edit 3-The Saga Continues: So I've spoken with some people for whom it works on new saves, but not on old saves (and some where it worked fine on old saves). I will try to see if there is a way to make it work on all old saves, but... you may just need to do a new save to get that to work unfortunately.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:33 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The dialogue mod appears to be below the devourment main mod on vortex plugins, so i'm assuming it's loaded after as it should be.

Vortex handles mod conflicts and load order differently than Nexus Mod Manager did in the past. You have to go into the Vortex mod rules, and if the dialogue mod and DFAM is not listed in there you may want to make a rule for them. I can't look up how to do that right now as I am not at my PC and I don't know it by heart, but I hope that is enough to help you figure it out.

Though if you installed the dialogue mod after devourement, it should most likely be loaded after. But there is no guarantees for that.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Arbeiter » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Found a bug: the sleep_var doesn't reset upon getting out leading to not being able to normally interact anymore, when asking to get swallowed and only getting the you slept for a while option and not the normal prey conversation options.

Workaround is resetting the sleep_var manually via setpqv 000devourmentdialogquest sleep_var 0
Arbeiter
New to the forum

Postby runeguden » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:04 pm

anyone got this working with the latest version of the mod it is for?
runeguden
Participator

Postby TheMysteriousStranger » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 pm

invidiasyren wrote:Can you test to see if the Reverse Swallow power a. Works normally when used on any target and b. Works when used on someone who is currently full. The Reverse Swallow power is how I make the swallow function run, and I think that might be the issue here. If anyone else who’s using 1.2.7 could test if multiprey dialogue works, that would be very useful to see if this is a problem with 1.2.7 as a whole, or an isolated problem.

Well, it worked initially as I still have an older save file where everything is working as intended. However, one the most recent file (same playthrough/character), the reverse swallow does not work and the multiprey dialogue stops at the "..." activation points. Multiprey in general works flawlessly though.

It seems like something broke along the way but I'm not sure exactly when or how.
TheMysteriousStranger
New to the forum

Postby Arbeiter » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 pm

reverse swallow only works if the player does not have the perk silent swallow cause someone set it so
remove this condition and it works
Arbeiter
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Arbeiter wrote:Found a bug: the sleep_var doesn't reset upon getting out leading to not being able to normally interact anymore, when asking to get swallowed and only getting the you slept for a while option and not the normal prey conversation options.

Workaround is resetting the sleep_var manually via setpqv 000devourmentdialogquest sleep_var 0

So... the issue actually goes a lot deeper. My mod keeps track of a number of values to see what sort of dialogue to play. The problem is with how those values get reset. They're supposed to get reset whenever the player gets thrown up; however, the problem appears to be with Devourments event system. It seems like sometimes events just get randomly deregistered, or never registered in the first place. I'm honestly not sure what is happening, but regardless my mod is not get sent the events, and so stuff like that doesn't get reset back to zero. I've added something into the next version to re-register events by typing setstage 000DevourmentDialogQuest 20 (which runs the registration again), and hopefully that will fix it more long term. A better solution would be to rewrite devourment to use the custom event system built into Skyrim, but that would require me to edit devourmentregistryscript, which I'm trying to avoid doing since it's the script that gets updated most often.

Arbeiter wrote:reverse swallow only works if the player does not have the perk silent swallow cause someone set it so
remove this condition and it works

Yup, I realized that earlier today. It's running the same checks that the normal swallow has except those checks are supposed to be done on the prey, and are instead being done on the pred. I've fixed it so that perk doens't break things and now instead of checking if the pred is full, it checks the prey (since swallowing someone that already has prey sort of breaks things) like it's supposed to.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby runeguden » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:53 am

I hope to see perhaps some more accidental vore outcomes in the future, like they completely forget about you, and just wondering why they gained weight
runeguden
Participator

Postby runeguden » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 am

I submitted 34 dialog suggestions, I love your mod!
runeguden
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game