Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor!

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:47 am

ItanParker1997 wrote:Your mod is amazing! I’m so happy that it now working with refactor! I had been testing it for 6 hours, and discovered some problems in it
1) Dialogues in it are too fast, impossible to read them. (All other dialogues, including dialogues with no sounds, like from refactor, are going with normal speed)
2) if you’ll go to some character and he automatically starts talking with you (with no pressing “E”, like guardians’ comments and so on) then even if you’ll press “H” it’s vanilla dialogue starts, no vore replies.
3) If your predator started digesting you without your agreement, if you’ll talk with them (no care by “E” or “H”) after finishing dialogue they’re continuing digesting you, then struggling mechanic turning off, and then it’s completely impossible to get out from their belly
4) if I’ll swallow body of some NPC who is dead already, their can be not digested completely despite the time in game. Body digesting just not happens sometimes
5) Dialogue with inn keeper “can I rent a “private” room?” Is going to “forcegreet”, after it back to choice between “can i rent “private” room?” and “”would you like to spend some time in my belly?”. It’s first choice while talking with inn keeper if you press “H”.

Also, I have a question. Are you planning to get replies from refactor under your own mod control? There are some things are simple between your mod and vanilla refactor, like innkeepers. But your version of dialogues with them is more interesting and having more opportunities. Will you remove vore replies from here under your “H” control? Or how this all you’re planning to realize in future?

Thank you really much for your mod! I was having a lot of enjoyment playing with it on DFAM, now I’m also having a lot of it in Refactor! Your mod is amazing! Really love it! You’re amazing!

1.Fuz Ro Doh is listed in the requirements. It lets the dialogue stick around so you can actually read it.
2.I believe I have this fixed now. There's something weird going on if you try to talk to the same person immediately after having talked to them, so I added a 3 second block before you can talk to them again to clear things up. You have to wait for them to finish speaking anyway, so it shouldn't really be an issue.
3.Maybe I unintentionally fixed it, but I am not having this issue. The struggle prompt doesn't show up, once the dialogue is over, but you can still hit the keys and then it will start prompting you again.
4.That sounds like a bug with Refactor.
5.I honestly had not even tested the Innkeeper dialogue, so I completely missed that. It's literally the same as all the other pred dialogue at the moment though.

LostCause wrote:Actually now that I think about it I recall that pressing G to talk to prey after swallowing an NPC through H dialogue from your mod brought up the default non-prey dialogue options. I know the two hotkeys aren't really supposed to be used together (I assume?) but it may cause nasty issues if someone presses G by mistake.

This shouldn't really be an issue. Getting vored through my dialogue is basically the same as getting vored through the base dialogue, the only difference is that if you go through the base dialogue, my mod can only make assumptions about whether the vore was willing or unwilling (it currently defaults to unwilling for all lethal vore that's not performed through the H dialogue, but I could probably check the consent flag). So using the base dialogue instead of the addon dialogue should not break anything. It just means that the addon dialogue might not properly reflect the choices made in the base dialogue, and vice versa. Mark has already made a way to disable the base dialogue. I currently don't want to automatically disable it, so I'll just leave it up to the user.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:40 am

invidiasyren wrote:
LostCause wrote:Actually now that I think about it I recall that pressing G to talk to prey after swallowing an NPC through H dialogue from your mod brought up the default non-prey dialogue options. I know the two hotkeys aren't really supposed to be used together (I assume?) but it may cause nasty issues if someone presses G by mistake.

This shouldn't really be an issue. Getting vored through my dialogue is basically the same as getting vored through the base dialogue, the only difference is that if you go through the base dialogue, my mod can only make assumptions about whether the vore was willing or unwilling (it currently defaults to unwilling for all lethal vore that's not performed through the H dialogue, but I could probably check the consent flag). So using the base dialogue instead of the addon dialogue should not break anything. It just means that the addon dialogue might not properly reflect the choices made in the base dialogue, and vice versa. Mark has already made a way to disable the base dialogue. I currently don't want to automatically disable it, so I'll just leave it up to the user.

Sorry I wasn't really clear, I mean the regular non-devourment dialogue options. So whatever normal conversation options the NPC has, any mod added dialogue etc, including asking to swallow them or have them swallow my character. But maybe this was a one-off, I'll let you know if it happens again tomorrow evening when I'm free.
LostCause
Participator

Postby ItanParker1997 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 am

invidiasyren wrote:
ItanParker1997 wrote:Your mod is amazing! I’m so happy that it now working with refactor! I had been testing it for 6 hours, and discovered some problems in it
1) Dialogues in it are too fast, impossible to read them. (All other dialogues, including dialogues with no sounds, like from refactor, are going with normal speed)
2) if you’ll go to some character and he automatically starts talking with you (with no pressing “E”, like guardians’ comments and so on) then even if you’ll press “H” it’s vanilla dialogue starts, no vore replies.
3) If your predator started digesting you without your agreement, if you’ll talk with them (no care by “E” or “H”) after finishing dialogue they’re continuing digesting you, then struggling mechanic turning off, and then it’s completely impossible to get out from their belly
4) if I’ll swallow body of some NPC who is dead already, their can be not digested completely despite the time in game. Body digesting just not happens sometimes
5) Dialogue with inn keeper “can I rent a “private” room?” Is going to “forcegreet”, after it back to choice between “can i rent “private” room?” and “”would you like to spend some time in my belly?”. It’s first choice while talking with inn keeper if you press “H”.

Also, I have a question. Are you planning to get replies from refactor under your own mod control? There are some things are simple between your mod and vanilla refactor, like innkeepers. But your version of dialogues with them is more interesting and having more opportunities. Will you remove vore replies from here under your “H” control? Or how this all you’re planning to realize in future?

Thank you really much for your mod! I was having a lot of enjoyment playing with it on DFAM, now I’m also having a lot of it in Refactor! Your mod is amazing! Really love it! You’re amazing!

1.Fuz Ro Doh is listed in the requirements. It lets the dialogue stick around so you can actually read it.
2.I believe I have this fixed now. There's something weird going on if you try to talk to the same person immediately after having talked to them, so I added a 3 second block before you can talk to them again to clear things up. You have to wait for them to finish speaking anyway, so it shouldn't really be an issue.
3.Maybe I unintentionally fixed it, but I am not having this issue. The struggle prompt doesn't show up, once the dialogue is over, but you can still hit the keys and then it will start prompting you again.
4.That sounds like a bug with Refactor.
5.I honestly had not even tested the Innkeeper dialogue, so I completely missed that. It's literally the same as all the other pred dialogue at the moment though.

1) Fuz Ro Doh was installed when I was testing. No result. Still too fast

3) don’t know why, but for me it not works. I had tested that, this problem weren’t appeared if my Dovakhin was female. Only with male one it appears

4) I’m not programmer or modder, but I think that problem is with your mod. I was testing on last version of refactor is now available. All preys bodies killed before swallowing were digested successfully and totally. When your mod was installed back, problem also come back

And one more thing I discovered in your mod. There’s is no option to start digesting your prey if it was swallowed non-lethally. So then to digest them I need to use vanilla refactor communication. But it’s not always working, I’m not always can chat with my prey. And oven if I started dialogue with them successfully, after starting digesting them there are a lot of mistakes started. In my opinion it’s because if your dialogues are using that ghosts (or clones or I don’t know how this new thing you using to your dialogues) and refactor vanilla dialogues aren’t using ghosts, they’re using NPC, not their copies. So then, it’s not synchronized. So then, there are different mistakes appearing, like impossible to finish digesting. My belly just squirms as it must happens when I’m digesting someone, but no care of time it never finishes. And gave us just finishing itself if I’m trying to regurgitate that preys.
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:01 am

ItanParker1997 wrote:1) Fuz Ro Doh was installed when I was testing. No result. Still too fast

3) don’t know why, but for me it not works. I had tested that, this problem weren’t appeared if my Dovakhin was female. Only with male one it appears

4) I’m not programmer or modder, but I think that problem is with your mod. I was testing on last version of refactor is now available. All preys bodies killed before swallowing were digested successfully and totally. When your mod was installed back, problem also come back

And one more thing I discovered in your mod. There’s is no option to start digesting your prey if it was swallowed non-lethally. So then to digest them I need to use vanilla refactor communication. But it’s not always working, I’m not always can chat with my prey. And oven if I started dialogue with them successfully, after starting digesting them there are a lot of mistakes started. In my opinion it’s because if your dialogues are using that ghosts (or clones or I don’t know how this new thing you using to your dialogues) and refactor vanilla dialogues aren’t using ghosts, they’re using NPC, not their copies. So then, it’s not synchronized. So then, there are different mistakes appearing, like impossible to finish digesting. My belly just squirms as it must happens when I’m digesting someone, but no care of time it never finishes. And gave us just finishing itself if I’m trying to regurgitate that preys.

1. I have no idea what’s causing it then. If anything the dialogue from my mod is too slow in my opinion.
3. Weird. That’s the opposite of what I’d expect to be the problem, given that I only use male characters to test. Honestly I can’t really stomach (haha get it?) using female actors. Bit of a failing on my part as a mod designer to not full test all aspects of my mod, but well... Has anyone else run into this issue? Again I may have accidentally fixed it with some of the code changes I’ve made to my internal version, which is why I am not having that issue.
4. Really have no idea what to say because my mod doesn’t even touch dead prey. Yet.

So I can’t explain all the issues your having, but the use of “ghosts”, as you put it, should not cause issues like that. The talking activators stand in for the prey/pred, but it’s only for the dialogue. Any scripts that get called target the actual actor (except for when I’m a moron and mess up the function parameters, but I think I’ve fixed all of those). The real issue is that my mod currently has no way of knowing when digestion is turned on and off externally because that isn’t a ModEvent passed by Refactor. What I can and should do is every time you start talking to an actor, I check the flags that Refactor has set to make sure that everything is consistent. Which even if these issues weren’t happening really is just good programming. This should also fix some of the issues that Lost brought up.

And this my friends is why we do *Beta testing*.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby ItanParker1997 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm

1. I have no idea what’s causing it then. If anything the dialogue from my mod is too slow in my opinion.
3. Weird. That’s the opposite of what I’d expect to be the problem, given that I only use male characters to test. Honestly I can’t really stomach (haha get it?) using female actors. Bit of a failing on my part as a mod designer to not full test all aspects of my mod, but well... Has anyone else run into this issue? Again I may have accidentally fixed it with some of the code changes I’ve made to my internal version, which is why I am not having that issue.
4. Really have no idea what to say because my mod doesn’t even touch dead prey. Yet.

It’s kind of strange, but it just mistakes I had discovered. For me the only important thing is 1, because I just can’t read the dialogues. What muds that can change their speed you have installed? Maybe any recommendations about mods to fix that? Something that changes dialogues?

I think I discovered why that problem with digesting dead npc’s was, it’s really was with Refactor. To be short, new versions of it are now downloading from loverslab. And this site have limit to file size 200 mb. So then, archive with that mod was divided on two mods. I’m using vortex to install mods. And because I downloaded last refactor like two archives, Vortex was thinking that they’re two different mods, and it was saying me that both modes are broken. But despite that, in this girl if two archives refactor was working. But now I tried to unpack both archives and merge them both in one archive. Then I installed that merged archive, then everything started working again, the problem disappeared. Don’t know why, but when Refactor was in two archives form, this problem of digesting dead NPC’s was only when your mod was installed. So then I decided that problem is in your mod. Don’t know why this problem was working only when your mod was installed. But now, when I merged again both archives, it’s no care if your mod installed or uninstalled, there’s no more this problem. Looks like the problem was into dividing Refactor on two parts.

Am I understand right about your “ghosts” (sorry if you don’t like this term, just don’t know how this named correctly) is into the fact there’s no interface to synchronize your “ghosts” of real NPC and things the vanilla refactor is doing with that real NPC? Or it’s in something different?

Your mod is still amazing, it’s great work you had done! Really love your mod! Thank your for it!
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby LostCause » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Alright, I'll wait for the next version whenever you want to put it out and see if the issues are resolved.
LostCause
Participator

Postby phillipswilliam92 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:37 am

Can't wait untill the MCM and more dialog is added to 3.0 I really love this mod. But I have to ask when 3.0 mod gets renamed will it get it's own Eka's Portal Page or remain hear?
phillipswilliam92
New to the forum

Postby LostCause » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:43 am

Oh by the way I got permission to create channels in the devourment modding discord so if you ever want one specifically for your mod(s) let me know, there's already so many channels I don't think one more would hurt. Any other addon authors that see this can feel free to request one too, if they think it'd be useful. Maybe I'll create an addon category if there ends up being a few.
LostCause
Participator

Postby XurDir » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 pm

I've been trying to get Devourment Burps and bellies to work with Refractor but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I also cant get the perks menu to pop up. Am i missing a dependency? For reference running Refractor.
XurDir
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:51 am

XurDir wrote:I've been trying to get Devourment Burps and bellies to work with Refractor but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I also cant get the perks menu to pop up. Am i missing a dependency? For reference running Refractor.

Burps and Bellies is only for DMAF at the moment, no Refactor. Invidia has his plate full porting his Dialogue mod WHILE upgrading it to use a different system WHILE making it compatible with all and any future versions of Devourment.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Timo2141 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:34 pm

I dont know mayby its a bug but after talking to a innkeeper and asking "can i rent a "privat" room?" i get no dialog and "ForceGreet" (i use the Refactor Mod)
Timo2141
New to the forum

Postby FutaFan275 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:10 pm

For some reason I only have one dialog branch. As is there is only one option for a response. Do only certain people have responses?
FutaFan275
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:46 pm

Timo2141 wrote:I dont know mayby its a bug but after talking to a innkeeper and asking "can i rent a "privat" room?" i get no dialog and "ForceGreet" (i use the Refactor Mod)

It is. I just forgot to fix the branch whenever I was throwing the prototype together. It will be fixed and actually have the proper dialogue in the final version.

FutaFan275 wrote:For some reason I only have one dialog branch. As is there is only one option for a response. Do only certain people have responses?

Not entirely sure what you mean by this. If you're saying there aren't a whole lot of dialogue options/NPC's don't really have a lot to say, that's because this was a very very minimal prototype that was just present to make sure things didn't implode and that many of the base functions were working. Some people had asked to do beta testing, so I made it available, but it is nowhere near a finished product - at least in terms of added dialogue. I've mostly just been working on the backend functionality, which is nearly finished. It was just the dialogue that needs to be added.

~~~~
In case it was not readily apparent, I've briefly stepped away from this project. For several reasons, not least of which being that I had a slight panic attack where I convinced myself my heart had stopped. But now my psychiatrist prescribed me Zoloft so everythings great. I don't have an exact timeline of when I'm going to pick this back up, but I expect it will be fairly soon. I really didn't have that much left to do when I stopped, so I don't think it should take me too long to finish things up once I get back into it.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Crazfav » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:21 am

Bit of an odd question but I'll ask all the same.
I noticed a few small typos in the version 2.3 dialogue (notably that for whatever reason apostrophes appear as squares in-game) and tried to fix them in the SSE creation kit. For whatever reason it crashes the second I try to open the dialogue views. It's nothing game-destroying, just a minor cosmetic error. All the same, if you've got any idea why that's happening I'd be much appreciative.
--
Also, in reference to the last message, I hope you're doing better! Take your time with the mod. Don't push yourself too hard to get back into it, your health comes first.
Crazfav
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:11 pm

Crazfav wrote:Bit of an odd question but I'll ask all the same.
I noticed a few small typos in the version 2.3 dialogue (notably that for whatever reason apostrophes appear as squares in-game) and tried to fix them in the SSE creation kit. For whatever reason it crashes the second I try to open the dialogue views. It's nothing game-destroying, just a minor cosmetic error. All the same, if you've got any idea why that's happening I'd be much appreciative.
--
Also, in reference to the last message, I hope you're doing better! Take your time with the mod. Don't push yourself too hard to get back into it, your health comes first.

The lines with squares are probably ones that I copied from the google docs suggestions. For whatever reason it seems that the apostrophe character is defined differently in the creation kit than it is in google docs.

The Dialogue Views is because when I first started out writing the mod, I had no idea what I was doing. I primarily used (and still use) the Player Dialogue tab to make dialogue instead of the Dialogue Views. Because I did so much editing to the dialogue that was already present (including moving lots of things around, despite using the same Quest as the original Devourment) I ended up wreaking absolute havoc on the Dialogue Views and it’s always crashed. In my new version, opening Dialogue Views shouldn’t crash anything, but it will be empty because I made everything in the Player Dialogue tab (I should probably use the Dialogue Views more, I’m just used to doing it the more complicated way). Regardless, for editing any dialogue, you can use the Player Dialogue tab.

And I appreciate the support! I’ve had a lot of ups and downs recently, and things have been pretty destabilized for me. But I think in the end this will be a significant net positive, mainly with finally getting diagnosed and medicated for ADHD.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby HelpPortas » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Hey just wanna ask 
Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor isnt working for me. when i press H it doesn't do anything. am i doing something wrong???
HelpPortas
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 pm

You're supposed to press G, my friend.

Also, all the 'player as prey' dialogue seems less cheerful and more.... Bitchy/Gross.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Also, all the 'player as prey' dialogue seems less cheerful and more.... Bitchy/Gross.

Okay
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:24 pm

If you want more cheerful/playful dialogue then I suggest you use Gherking's mod, it'd be right up your alley. In fact, aren't you already using that?

Also you aren't supposed to press G for the Refactor beta of Invidia's mod, it's H.
LostCause
Participator

Postby LostCause » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:22 pm

It may not be a useful report by now but I found an issue. Your mod seems to trigger dialogue with the last swallowed corpse, regardless of if they are still prey or should even able to talk. Of course there's also the fact that a corpse shouldn't be talking in the first place. I had swallowed multiple NPCs since swallowing and digesting Lucky Lorenz' corpse, but when pressing H (with no prey) it triggered a conversation with Lucky Lorenz. I re-tested this by swallowing a draugr corpse and a random bandit corpse. I was able to talk with the draugr even after regurgitating it (due to not being able to stomach undead). I could also talk to the bandit corpse while digesting it and after digesting it too.

When pressing H while having a living prey it will *always* speak to a living prey, ignoring corpses swallowed both before and after swallowing the live NPC. As soon as all living prey are dead or regurgitated it will immediately revert to conversing with the last swallowed corpse. I made sure to try pressing G in all occasions to verify it was an issue with H dialogue only and not with Refactor.
LostCause
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game