Eat or be Eaten (CANCELLED)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Eat or be Eaten (CANCELLED)

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:51 pm

UPDATE: I no longer wish for this game to be accessible. Since the website won't allow me to remove it, I'm taking down the link. If you have the link, keep playing I guess, but please do not share the link going forward.

That is all.
Last edited by Datstrudel on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Eat or be Eaten (small text adventure project)

Postby ThisisHalloween239 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm

I REALLY hope you continue to add content to this. What I've played is really fun and really hot.
ThisisHalloween239
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shugoki » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:45 pm

You've got a decent outline, and I think it'll be alright if you fill it in with some more fleshed-out scenes. I think there should be *some* sort of warning if you're about to run into a bad end, though. You have no way of knowing what your sister's gonna do when you speak to her, for example.

I also think player customization should be an option, in case we want a female character, for example. And I think WG is pretty easy to implement here, just have a variable go up when you digest prey and have player descriptions/character reactions change accordingly.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tyslan03 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Awesome game! I think the scenes need a little more content, but other than that, keep doing what you're doing.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Shugoki wrote:You've got a decent outline, and I think it'll be alright if you fill it in with some more fleshed-out scenes. I think there should be *some* sort of warning if you're about to run into a bad end, though. You have no way of knowing what your sister's gonna do when you speak to her, for example.

I also think player customization should be an option, in case we want a female character, for example. And I think WG is pretty easy to implement here, just have a variable go up when you digest prey and have player descriptions/character reactions change accordingly.

Yeah, I’m thinking about changing the random prey scenes into something else. Maybe some sort of repercussion for an action, kinda like the pester option on Mrs. Smith.

The problem with character customization is all the instances that they refer to you with male pronouns and stuff. I’m not sure how to go about that.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Yeah, I’m thinking about changing the random prey scenes into something else. Maybe some sort of repercussion for an action, kinda like the pester option on Mrs. Smith.

I don't know, it was kinda entertaining wondering who was safe to talk to. Would they eat you this time, or just chat?
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby unzipsdick » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Really liking it so far! I remember when RedOrange released the PiT source files. I wanted to extend the game myself but I couldn't do anything to the files because of tech limitations. Keep going and remember not to burn yourself out.

Tyslan03 wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:Yeah, I’m thinking about changing the random prey scenes into something else. Maybe some sort of repercussion for an action, kinda like the pester option on Mrs. Smith.

I don't know, it was kinda entertaining wondering who was safe to talk to. Would they eat you this time, or just chat?

I can see your point, but one of the things I liked about the original PiT was the ability to know what you were getting yourself into. I'd be fine with random events, but getting game overs and having to restart the game randomly seems like it could be annoying. I'm not arguing against risk, I just think that some warning would be nice to have. Maybe a piece of information under the "look at" section?
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Datstrudel wrote:The problem with character customization is all the instances that they refer to you with male pronouns and stuff. I’m not sure how to go about that.

There's a way to do this: You can start the game with a script that prompts the player to choose to play as a male or female character. On the game's back end, you can have a series of string variables for pronouns: player.heshe, player.hishers, player.himher, etc, among other terms like "bro/sis," "guy/gal" that you'll need. When the player selects a given option, the game sets those variables to whatever is appropriate for the chosen gender; i.e. selecting "Male" will set player.heshe to "he."

Now, let's have a little confirmation message, such as "When people talk about you, they will call you '[pronoun].'" We can do this by printing the following expression: "When people talk about you, they will call you \"" + player.himher + ".\"" Make sure it's an expression in the "print" script.

Attached is an example "game" that should work, just to show you what I mean. Check the game's start script for how it works.
Attachments
Example Game.zip
(620 Bytes) Downloaded 206 times
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Shugoki wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:The problem with character customization is all the instances that they refer to you with male pronouns and stuff. I’m not sure how to go about that.

There's a way to do this: You can start the game with a script that prompts the player to choose to play as a male or female character. On the game's back end, you can have a series of string variables for pronouns: player.heshe, player.hishers, player.himher, etc, among other terms like "bro/sis," "guy/gal" that you'll need. When the player selects a given option, the game sets those variables to whatever is appropriate for the chosen gender; i.e. selecting "Male" will set player.heshe to "he."

Now, let's have a little confirmation message, such as "When people talk about you, they will call you '[pronoun].'" We can do this by printing the following expression: "When people talk about you, they will call you \"" + player.himher + ".\"" Make sure it's an expression in the "print" script.

Attached is an example "game" that should work, just to show you what I mean. Check the game's start script for how it works.

Thanks, I’ll take a look and see what I can do.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Unidentified17 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:55 am

Realy love this, I am a big fan of predator it town. So finding out that someone is doing something similar is great, I love what you have done and cant wait for what you add in the future.
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 am

Unidentified17 wrote:Realy love this, I am a big fan of predator it town. So finding out that someone is doing something similar is great, I love what you have done and cant wait for what you add in the future.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Onewingedangel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:29 am

Ooo this is an exciting project! Where is the predecessor? I took a quick look through the forum but couldn’t find it, but would love to see where the inspiration came from while I impatiently wait for updates!
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tyslan03 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:20 am

Link to RedOrange's Predator in Town:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/552836
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby luke1401 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am

ooh interesting, love the use of images in the text adventure.
luke1401
Participator

Postby wetcardboardbox » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Good so far, but there's a definite emphasis on female pred/prey content which isn't really for me. Is there any more stuff for male prey so far besides the boy in the road?
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:34 pm

luke1401 wrote:ooh interesting, love the use of images in the text adventure.

Yeah, although most are found off of google images, so eventually I hope to change them out with maybe photo edited ones by people who are good at that kind of thing.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:37 pm

wetcardboardbox wrote:Good so far, but there's a definite emphasis on female pred/prey content which isn't really for me. Is there any more stuff for male prey so far besides the boy in the road?

At the moment he is the only one. Is it M/M you prefer or more just male prey in general?
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Onewingedangel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:14 am

As a fan of M/f vore I’m super loving this game so far. More dynamic of challenging to catch prey would be really good too. The Instagram/Facebook touch is very sexy and fun!
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnAccount » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 pm

How do I do anything in the game? Whenever I talk to a person the dialogue stays at the first line. The help menu didn't help much
AnAccount
New to the forum

Postby neko1992 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:42 pm

ah be nice if if we could be a female or futa character
neko1992
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game