Skyrim: Devourment Remastered

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Skyrim: Devourment Remastered (BETA)

Postby LuluBoxFox » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:16 am

Ooh sounds like a fun project will be eager to hear more and good luck ^^
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Re: Skyrim: Devourment Remastered

Postby TheDragonGirl775 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:53 am

With as much fanfare as this is being given I fully expect it to either never go anywhere or for something to go horribly wrong very swiftly after it's initial release. Feel free to surprise me, though.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45561 My seeking thread.
I really wish I could change my username.
PM me about RP, I enjoy meeting new folks.
TheDragonGirl775
---

Postby iasiney » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:09 am

Contest for an official devourment quest and story. See the devourment discord contest channel for details and entry.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:13 am

TheDragonGirl775 wrote:With as much fanfare as this is being given I fully expect it to either never go anywhere or for something to go horribly wrong very swiftly after it's initial release. Feel free to surprise me, though.

Schaken is currently taking a step back with the mod and letting seetruck and the community work in add-ons to enhance the framework.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby nidtid » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:48 pm

I don't mean to be a pessimist but knowing the devourment communities previous work I have little faith this mod will really advance anywhere. I'm not trying to be an asshole but I'm just saying no one really seems to know what they are doing and this mod really needs a strong leader or just less cooks in the kitchen. say what you will about shacken or vegan but at least they were highly talented and had a clear vision. But in the end who knows I may be pleasantly suprised.
nidtid
New to the forum

Postby BoxxFoxx » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:45 pm

So after reading the .txt doc Iasiney linked in the Devourment Discord that has this wonderful excerpt: " Schaken's work won't be forgotten. Even to clean the core code up this far is something that many veteran modders of the devourment project were asking for." I felt a need for comment.

Schaken has delivered one version. The most substantive changes were adding whitespace to scripts so they look prettier and adding a debug logging script of dubious value. Be under no illusion. Schaken is taking a break from this project, not to rest on his laurels and admire his grand work. No, he's running away, because it has taken him this long to fully understand the gravity of how monstrous Devourment is to work with. I have witnessed his skills for myself, I wouldn't take Schaken on as my apprentice and i'm just some brainlet with < 2 years experience. He mostly makes pretty doll mods, it is best he continue to do that. If he ever reads this, my only advice is either learn to script, or learn to steal more covertly, that website is a trashfire of stolen assets ripped and put up for sale.

My advice to everyone, Iasiney especially. Make addons, express yourself. Take up modding, try to create interesting things using Devourment as a base. Eventually you may become good enough that you feel the need to try and resurrect Devourment and maybe you'll even do it well and the cycle can end. Make no mistake as to how much of a task an overhaul of Devourment is.
I also go by Gaz
BoxxFoxx
Somewhat familiar

Postby YurriiTheShark » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:03 pm

iasiney wrote:Schaken is currently taking a step back with the mod and letting seetruck and the community work in add-ons to enhance the framework.

Let's break this down,

1. Schaken is currently taking a step back with the mod
99% chance He's done for good, anytime this happens after one sort of release, they have given up. How many mods have you seen where the author takes a break after one release and then continues afterwards?

2. letting seetruck and the community work
so back to what is was before, because most of the community had made there peace with either waiting for someone else to do something or looking elsewhere.

3. in add-ons to enhance the framework
There is no framework, anyone with a slight bit of coding and a half decent editor can find that barely any actual changes were made to the mess that was devourment.
Functionally I'm pretty sure the one version that released worked worse than the version that came before, and also required either the older version or and extra esp for no reason.
Some people made some decent add-ons to devourement (No idea how ell they actually worked since I was either uninterested in them, stopped using devourment, or a combo of the two). You guys keep it up, don't let some guys come in with there fancy site full of poorly made asset rips take credit for your work. Keep working on it, whether it's still add-on to the jank we know, or if you attempt to actually tackle this beast.

I echo everything BoxxFoxx said, (actually I think I did actually, but in case I missed something). Let this jank spur you into learning how to create better versions. That's what I did a while back when devourment just wasn't cutting it for me (and I was still mainlining Skyrim).
YurriiTheShark
Somewhat familiar

Postby Theophany » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm

This whole thing reeks of DOA, I don't want to always be negative but that website alone is enough to validate my opinions, this whole thing is one big mess and that goddamn website, stolen and rebranded assets, that's all I can see.
  What goes in must come out  

Spoiler: show
  Any predator that tells you otherwise is full of shit  
Theophany
Been posting for a bit

Postby runeguden » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:23 pm

looking forward to next update
runeguden
Participator

Postby fins » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:22 pm

this mod kicking up some drama, what a surprise ^^;
fins
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:52 am

I do wonder if it works in VR, too. After all, VR version works on 64 bit, too, so the same as the special edition.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:28 am

Ah ok, I think I see what's going on here, iasiney you kinda posted this like it's an official page for downloading Devourment remastered but it's really just a recap of the Discord. Little confusing if you didnt already know the context. So as of right now, Devourment Remastered is just a patch that you can get from the discord that you put ontop of Galmar's Female and Male enabled Devourment?
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby 123alfonzo123 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:20 am

Im interested in this mod, what Wg mods work with it and how big can you get? its hard to find pics and stuff for SSE
123alfonzo123
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game