Skyrim: Devourment Remastered

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Skyrim: Devourment Remastered (BETA)

Postby Younger99 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:22 am

iasiney wrote: Schaken has said he will go into working on legendary edition once he is done with special edition.

That's good to hear thanks mate!
Younger99
Participator

Postby FurryDesirer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:44 am

Can i install all of this through nexus? And have you guys think about struggle movement for breast-vore?
FurryDesirer
Been posting for a bit

Postby kongpow » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:23 am

iasiney wrote:
I don't believe that's the best explaination so I changed it. I also added more in the original post above.

Right on, thank you. I may very well have to sit down soon and spend the day finally remodding SE to see where this goes lol.

I'd really love to see some of the older LE devourment addons like weightmorphs be reincorporated into remastered down the road. Weightmorph's and Nioverride were updated for SE awhile back so I'm pretty sure its possible now. Personally I've just never been able to justify shelving the content that I've come to love, for other good content that I'm sadly not as attached too.

Also big ups on not ruling out a LE version down the road. Thanks again.

Cheers!
Last edited by kongpow on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SymLeikill » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:29 am

Is there any thoughts about fixing the horribly crackly and popping sound effects that didn't exist in other versions of devourment? I'm not sure what went wrong at what point, but the audio quality has seriously declined through bad cutting and pasting. I can barely even play the mod anymore due to hearing the constant crackling and popping of the vore audio. It is a serious mood killer, and the majority of the sounds have this problem.
SymLeikill
New to the forum

Postby NeatyDude » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 am

As far as I'm aware. There were a lot of horrible game breaking bugs in the original devourment mod. I'm glad Schaken is actually wanting to work with the community to iron those out. And the fact that Schaken of all people has taken up this task leaves me really hopeful for the future of devourment remastered. He is very experienced and talented. There will be problems here and there, but as long as the community works with him to help report the bugs, this can turn out fantastic!
NeatyDude
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:07 am

Any chance this may work with the new Skyrim Multiplayer mod??
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby kongpow » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 am

SymLeikill wrote:Is there any thoughts about fixing the horribly crackly and popping sound effects that didn't exist in other versions of devourment? I'm not sure what went wrong at what point, but the audio quality has seriously declined through bad cutting and pasting. I can barely even play the mod anymore due to hearing the constant crackling and popping of the vore audio. It is a serious mood killer, and the majority of the sounds have this problem.

So in DFAM, there is now 108 different burps of varying/unbalanced quality in the burp folder and none of them are followed up by any kind gender based sexy sfx that the old belch/struggle clips rely on to fit better. (Speaking of those old belch/struggle clips that I put together like over half a decade ago, they need to be redone as well because they are very stale now lol.)

There's also 32 gurgle effects of varying quality that aren't balanced and stand out heavily over the background digestion loops. I specifically avoided using gurgles like these a long time ago because they don't sound that good by themselves, and fit in even worse with other sounds.

Fortunately, you can pretty easily go in and replace/remove the sfx that bother you, they are in data/sound/fx/devourment.

NeatyDude wrote:As far as I'm aware. There were a lot of horrible game breaking bugs in the original devourment mod.

Ehhh, I've had v.65c working almost entirely crash free with 100+ mods for years and I still play it fairly regularly to try out new mods and to improvise role playing scenarios with self imposed rules for more replay. In recent years I can typically play it all day if I want and not suffer a ctd. However, I'm not counting the multiprey addon because it's a broken buggy mess that I don't use, and npc/companion preds in general can cause devourment script errors so I refrain from those as well.

It's mostly just a matter of not using other script heavy mods that don't get along with devourment, mod conflicts and script bloat in general can cause bottlenecks and errors in the engine which typically leads to having a bad time with random ctd. LE runs on 32 bit engine limitations, it can only do so much.

Also, avoiding the mod managers and being smart with manual installations is pretty key to creating a long term stable build too.

Cheers!

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SymLeikill » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:25 pm

kongpow wrote:
So in DFAM, there is now 108 different burps of varying/unbalanced quality in the burp folder and none of them are followed up by any kind gender based sexy sfx that the old belch/struggle clips rely on to fit better. (Speaking of those old belch/struggle clips that I put together like over half a decade ago, they need to be redone as well because they are very stale now lol.)

There's also 32 gurgle effects of varying quality that aren't balanced and stand out heavily over the background digestion loops. I specifically avoided using gurgles like these a long time ago because they don't sound that good by themselves, and fit in even worse with other sounds.

Fortunately, you can pretty easily go in and replace/remove the sfx that bother you, they are in data/sound/fx/devourment.

So I did what you said and deleted some of the more.. Bad quality sounds, but I noticed something. The majority of the popping and crackling I am hearing is coming from the CreatureF Struggle sound files, CF1 through CF3. By what im hearing in the files it sounds like whoever made them just took the basic FF SFX, and tried to edit out the predator's side of the sounds. Whoever did this did not do a good job at all, which is very audible if one listens to it in or out of the game. If you do plan to redo any of the SFX I would personally suggest doing those first, due to its SFX being much more jury rigged then any other sound effect in the mod.
SymLeikill
New to the forum

Postby Angery » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:32 pm

SymLeikill wrote:
kongpow wrote:

So I did what you said and deleted some of the more.. Bad quality sounds, but I noticed something. The majority of the popping and crackling I am hearing is coming from the CreatureF Struggle sound files, CF1 through CF3. By what im hearing in the files it sounds like whoever made them just took the basic FF SFX, and tried to edit out the predator's side of the sounds. Whoever did this did not do a good job at all, which is very audible if one listens to it in or out of the game. If you do plan to redo any of the SFX I would personally suggest doing those first, due to its SFX being much more jury rigged then any other sound effect in the mod.

Yeah, that's been there for a while in DFaM. Whoever mixed the sounds for the creature pred clips was very lazy and just took the FF audio and hacked out any belches or feminine moans from the predator and then called it good. A rework containing bestial growls and noises from the predator would do. Ideally you'd want a pred audio track for specific creatures, like a wolf trying to howl only to be interrupted by a belch, perturbed whinnying from horses, etc. But that would probably be difficult to do in scripting, if not audio.

Really Devourment's codebase has been a mess from the start and I'm glad schaken's taking the time to untangle it.
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Postby kongpow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Angery wrote:
Yeah, that's been there for a while in DFaM. Whoever mixed the sounds for the creature pred clips was very lazy and just took the FF audio and hacked out any belches or feminine moans from the predator and then called it good. A rework containing bestial growls and noises from the predator would do. Ideally you'd want a pred audio track for specific creatures, like a wolf trying to howl only to be interrupted by a belch, perturbed whinnying from horses, etc. But that would probably be difficult to do in scripting, if not audio.

Really Devourment's codebase has been a mess from the start and I'm glad schaken's taking the time to untangle it.

Ah, so that tends to happen if a part of a sample is cut out and the ends aren't synced back together very well or at all. I typically do this by just adding a short fade for each of the ends and then slightly overlap them to make it more seamless. This is basically how I went about making the old gurgle loops while editing out the more noticeable belly squeals because they would sometimes play over each other due to there being no mechanism of internal cooldown on how often the loops were played, and that can easily become a cacophony that shatters immersion. It's kind of a balancing act either way, and unchecked rng makes it harder.

Putting together long clips for every animal in the game / both prey genders is where the workload can start getting silly. Some kind of modular audio framework that people could add to over time would ideally be a better way to handle it.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out I guess, perhaps I've just seen devourment picked up and later dropped by too many people over the years for my eyes to light up over it anymore lol.

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:32 am

I'm following this with interest, of course, but so far, the only stable and, well, most immersive Devourment experience has been with kongpow's v.95d pack. Mostly because of belly physics working *wonderfully* with my own HDT collision mods. So when I sneak around, my belly would rest on my legs perfectly.

But I'm still following this anyway because Devourment for male characters is still very much an interest for me. I doubt it will be quite as immersive as the aforementioned v.95d pack, because SSE has much, much inferior physics to work with, but I'm still looking forward to what you can come up with.
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Postby runeguden » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:09 pm

I can hardly wait for unbirth to be added
runeguden
Participator

Postby iasiney » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:46 pm

ZhaoYun192 wrote:Can i install all of this through nexus? And have you guys think about struggle movement for breast-vore?

You should be able to install most things except for some things. Such as, I'd recommend downloading SKSE from their website.

I'm sure breast vore struggling would be a good add-on to have.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Any chance this may work with the new Skyrim Multiplayer mod??

So far that's a no. But as it is early in the beta, it is something that may come eventually.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:53 pm

SymLeikill wrote:Is there any thoughts about fixing the horribly crackly and popping sound effects that didn't exist in other versions of devourment? I'm not sure what went wrong at what point, but the audio quality has seriously declined through bad cutting and pasting. I can barely even play the mod anymore due to hearing the constant crackling and popping of the vore audio. It is a serious mood killer, and the majority of the sounds have this problem.

What I've heard from Schaken is that he has voice actors that can add dialouge. I'd imagine this would be the same for fixing audio bugs. I haven't noticed any bugs myself. But the more sets of eyes testing the beta, the better the bugs will be ironed out.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:03 pm

kongpow wrote:
Angery wrote:

Ah, so that tends to happen if a part of a sample is cut out and the ends aren't synced back together very well or at all. I typically do this by just adding a short fade for each of the ends and then slightly overlap them to make it more seamless. This is basically how I went about making the old gurgle loops while editing out the more noticeable belly squeals because they would sometimes play over each other due to there being no mechanism of internal cooldown on how often the loops were played, and that can easily become a cacophony that shatters immersion. It's kind of a balancing act either way, and unchecked rng makes it harder.

Putting together long clips for every animal in the game / both prey genders is where the workload can start getting silly. Some kind of modular audio framework that people could add to over time would ideally be a better way to handle it.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out I guess, perhaps I've just seen devourment picked up and later dropped by too many people over the years for my eyes to light up over it anymore lol.

I think Schaken has quite the team to work on this. He was saying how he has voice actors that could add in spoken dialouge.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:48 pm

runeguden wrote:I can hardly wait for unbirth to be added

Hopefully all vore types can be represented someday.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby runeguden » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:01 am

iasiney wrote:
runeguden wrote:I can hardly wait for unbirth to be added

Hopefully all vore types can be represented someday.

nice
runeguden
Participator

Postby iasiney » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:35 pm

CrusaderSweetie wrote:I'm following this with interest, of course, but so far, the only stable and, well, most immersive Devourment experience has been with kongpow's v.95d pack. Mostly because of belly physics working *wonderfully* with my own HDT collision mods. So when I sneak around, my belly would rest on my legs perfectly.

But I'm still following this anyway because Devourment for male characters is still very much an interest for me. I doubt it will be quite as immersive as the aforementioned v.95d pack, because SSE has much, much inferior physics to work with, but I'm still looking forward to what you can come up with.

The physics issues should be looked at down the road.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:11 am

Artist needed for the new devourment remastered banner and logo. Details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3kz85hGO8
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game