Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want worked on the most?

More variety in messages
21%
Quest/relationship system
27%
Increased types of characters (as of writing this only students and teachers)
10%
Other types of transformations
12%
More bodytypes
12%
Improve launcher (dorms editor, add blacklist to editor etc)
14%
Score system to keep track of what you're accomplished
5%

Total votes : 1333

Re: Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Postby genericusername » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 pm

somedude601 wrote:Ok so...this is what comes up in the command line.
C:\Program Files\Magic School>java -jar "MagicSchool.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Magic School\characterserror.txt (Access is denied)
I have no idea how to grant it access since when I try to run it in adminstrator mode, it literally does not even open.

Did some testing, and think I found what may be the issue. Looks like you don't have write permission in whatever folder you put the game into. You can fix that by (Assuming you are using windows) right clicking in the folder, going to properties, security tab, click the edit button and see if there are any groups that don't have access to the "write" permission and uncheck that. If that doesn't work I made a version without the characterserror message which I believe will still work, but without doing the fix above I don't think you'll be able to edit characters using the in game character editor. That version is here:
MagicSchool0.3.6.0.1nocharactererror.rar
(322.09 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Please let me know if that manages to fix it or not.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nikkidafox » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:43 am

genericusername wrote:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Magic School\characterserror.txt (Access is denied)
I have no idea how to grant it access since when I try to run it in adminstrator mode, it literally does not even open.

Did some testing, and think I found what may be the issue. Looks like you don't have write permission in whatever folder you put the game into. You can fix that by (Assuming you are using windows) right clicking in the folder, going to properties, security tab, click the edit button and see if there are any groups that don't have access to the "write" permission and uncheck that. If that doesn't work I made a version without the characterserror message which I believe will still work, but without doing the fix above I don't think you'll be able to edit characters using the in game character editor. That version is here:

1. No, that did not work. I figured the same thing. For some reason the folder refuses to not be read-only. I've even tried setting its attrib to -r in powershell, but it keep reverting. Maybe it's something with my antivirus.
2. Yes that new file works fine. I don't know what it was. It is too bad I can't make my characters now but oh well.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Xexy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:49 am

somedude601 wrote:
genericusername wrote:

1. No, that did not work. I figured the same thing. For some reason the folder refuses to not be read-only. I've even tried setting its attrib to -r in powershell, but it keep reverting. Maybe it's something with my antivirus.
2. Yes that new file works fine. I don't know what it was. It is too bad I can't make my characters now but oh well.

My best guess is that you don't seem to actually have full admin privilege's on your computer and what it looks that you have managed to download it into program files which is a protected windows folder for writes, so maybe try downloading it somewhere else?
Xexy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Xexy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:47 am

Susuko wrote:I tried running the bat file but nothing happends, by the way when I clicked on the link I got access denied.

You'll have to give more information to go off of. Are you using windows? Do you have java installed and updated?
Xexy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tsuyokami » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:53 am

Currently really enjoying what we have acces to, and can't wait for more features, especially interaction with other characters in the same Shrunkenlocation. I do think it'd be cool to see something like personalities added in, similar to tails, except their function would be to add appropriate reactions to what you're doing ingame, something like having tsundere, kind, perverted and other such personalities that add flavor to interactions.
Having line breaks inbetween the event log entries would also improve legibility imo.
Seeing certain events be color coded would be nice, although understandable as the work to include it would be high (though one of my personal favorites "Degrees of Lewdity does it to great effect) would help people like me who skim through the fluff.
I hope the creator is doing well and hope his extremely high potential project flourishes.
Tsuyokami
New to the forum

Postby Janga3 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:27 pm

Was hoping to find more Dorms for characters from different series. One i would like to see made is a Shield hero or isekai quartet dorm room set added like was done with Fate. But since the game being redone i'll wait and see whats gunna be accomplished later.
Janga3
New to the forum

Postby SputnikDX » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:49 pm

Janga3 wrote:Was hoping to find more Dorms for characters from different series. One i would like to see made is a Shield hero or isekai quartet dorm room set added like was done with Fate. But since the game being redone i'll wait and see whats gunna be accomplished later.

You can create your own dorms and fill them with characters pretty easily.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby Janga3 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:34 pm

SputnikDX wrote:
Janga3 wrote:Was hoping to find more Dorms for characters from different series. One i would like to see made is a Shield hero or isekai quartet dorm room set added like was done with Fate. But since the game being redone i'll wait and see whats gunna be accomplished later.

You can create your own dorms and fill them with characters pretty easily.

Issue for me is that when i tried to do that if does the funky character error some people have been getting. And for me it make the starting screen have no options save character editor ironically.
Janga3
New to the forum

Postby LostCourtyard » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:21 am

So question how do you actually play this im new to text based games and haven't quite figured them out yet
LostCourtyard
New to the forum

Postby Dongers » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:13 am

Will there be digestion and reformation?
Dongers
Participator

Postby Whoishe » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:12 am

Dongers wrote:Will there be digestion and reformation?

the author has already stated that it won't be any digestion for it would break the game,
Whoishe
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Whoishe wrote:

the author has already stated that it won't be any digestion for it would break the game,

Disappointing, but that explains why none of my food ever digested(though I suppose that means I can't eat my favorite characters without fear). XD

...Break it HOW exactly?
Turbotowns
???

Postby genericusername » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:05 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Whoishe wrote:

Disappointing, but that explains why none of my food ever digested(though I suppose that means I can't eat my favorite characters without fear). XD

...Break it HOW exactly?

The game just wasn't designed for characters being removed from the game. Certain things would cause issues (like someone who had a crush who was digested) would end up causing errors. It's not a hard limitation, it was just something that I hadn't added.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jasper » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 pm

crash occurring when inside another character and pressing struggle or pleasure for more than roughly 12 times in a row, doesn't cause a full game crash, but just freezes everything up so you have to close the game with task manager
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jasper » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:41 pm

genericusername wrote:The game just wasn't designed for characters being removed from the game. Certain things would cause issues (like someone who had a crush who was digested) would end up causing errors. It's not a hard limitation, it was just something that I hadn't added.

Could probably instead place characters in a new space on their predator that can't be escaped from conventionally.
Like, make the space be called "fat", prey could then be "trapped in fat", maybe even extra style bits where they might end up on different body parts and will increase their size as a result (make butts or breasts bigger).
And then in terms of releasing them, have them be teleported to a "respawn" point once the predator opts to release them, or is turned into clothing or in some other manner made unable to maintain their usual physical body.
Maybe allow them a chance to escape and "respawn" while their predator is asleep, add spells that predators could use similar to the sleep spell to prevent their prey from escaping for x hours, etc.
There's a lot you can do with just placing objects in different locations instead of outright removing them.
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby Whoishe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:02 am

so has anyone made dorm characters with video games characters? (besides lol) care to share?
Whoishe
Been posting for a bit

Postby harry430 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:57 pm

This game is great! I can really mess around in it with shrinking and stuff, very cool.
harry430
New to the forum

Postby geoleo11 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:21 pm

the dorms and characters arent showing up on start up, also thats only been happening on the recent version, previous versions worked fine, I need help with this.
geoleo11
Been posting for a bit

Postby harry430 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:07 am

Hopefully gets an update soon
harry430
New to the forum

Postby Klyen2000 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:19 pm

I'm having trouble to start the game with the command runjava.bat. It's not working for me, no error nor respond what's missing. So maybe you guys can help me out with this one since I personally rarely use runjava.bat =)
Propapbly some software is missing for the right use, that's my guess so far :D
Klyen2000
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game