Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want worked on the most?

More variety in messages
21%
Quest/relationship system
27%
Increased types of characters (as of writing this only students and teachers)
10%
Other types of transformations
12%
More bodytypes
12%
Improve launcher (dorms editor, add blacklist to editor etc)
14%
Score system to keep track of what you're accomplished
5%

Total votes : 1333

Re: Magic School version 0.3.5 GUI added!

Postby CatTroyTheStranger » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 pm

genericusername wrote:0.3.5.5
Fixed bug where during GetFriendFromStomach quest where player could become stuck if the string broke.
Added convert to outfit button in character creator
Characters with hats in their outfit now correctly get their hat.
Characters will correctly switch to an outfit that is purposly missing clothing pieces.
Characters won't switch from one clothing item to the same clothing item now.
Characters won't take off transformed clothing items now to wear a normal piece of clothing.
Starting relations with characters now in the range of -5 to 5 rather than -20 to 20. (Suggested by Leah)
TheFullTour quest now playable, and has a few custom messages with it.
Fixed issue with game mentioning scat when moving from the intestine to anus even with it blacklisted (thanks Eternity Theory!)

CatTroyTheStranger wrote:aand, I've already run into an error after trying to put my legion of characters in:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.company.Setup.readCharacters(Setup.java:541)
I'd supply it if i knew which one, thanks though!
at com.company.Setup.readAllCharacters(Setup.java:148)
at com.company.MainGUI.main(MainGUI.java:1795)

Little help?

It looks like one of your fields is empty. If you send me your character file I can have a look at it and see what's causing it(I can normally just do that from the error log like you posted, but I ended up editing the character reader in the new version so it won't be accurate for what line is causing the issue). I plan on getting some error checking in to the character reader so if something like this happens it will just print out something like "ERROR expected 2 arguments found 1 for line "wfdewfwef,fewfwef"" which should help out with this happening to people.
CatTroyTheStranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Hi. I tried creatig a new dorm and a new character for it, but it won't work. After I created them, when Istart the game all of the other dorms and characters pre-existing vanish. Things only return to normal when I remvore the new dorm and character from their respective folder.

Dorm:

newDorm,MonMusu Dorm

Character:

newCharacter,monmusuDormCentorea
firstName,Centorea
lastName,Shianus
sex,female
race,Centaur
height,90
appearance,beautiful and sexy
bodySize,3
skinColor,fair
muscleDefinition,3
eyeColor,sapphire blue
hairLength,long
hairColor,golden blonde
hairStyle,straight ponytail
breastSize,5
assSize,5
vaginaOpening,1
anusOpening,3
earType,equine
tongueDesc,normal
feetType,normal hooves
magicPower,30
magicResist,30
giveTrait,Hungry
giveTrait,Nudist
giveTrait,Loud
giveTrait,Hero Complex
giveTrait,Thoughtless Guardian
giveTrait,Glutton
giveTrait,Sleepwalker
giveTrait,Slow Digestion
giveTrait,Pretty
giveTrait,Voracious
giveTrait,Hopeless Romantic
giveTrait,Homeguard
giveTrait,Forgiving
giveTrait,Big Eater
giveClothing,0,white shirt
giveClothing,1,black skirt
shrunkLocationsCentaur
shrunkLocationsFuta,large,thick,horselike
shrunkLocationsFluffyTail,long,ponytail style,1,golden blonde
makeCharacter

Help please?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:22 pm

Maexam2 wrote:Hi. I tried creatig a new dorm and a new character for it, but it won't work. After I created them, when Istart the game all of the other dorms and characters pre-existing vanish. Things only return to normal when I remvore the new dorm and character from their respective folder.

Help please?

Your shrunkLocationsFluffyTail line has an extra comma in it between "long" and "ponytail". Replace the line with "shrunkLocationsFluffyTail,long ponytail style,1,golden blonde" and it will work.

EDIT: There's a similar issue with your shrunkLocationsFuta line. It won't cause an error but everything after "large" will be cut off.

CatTroyTheStranger wrote:

It looks like you may have accidently just quoted my post instead of adding your character file.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby CatTroyTheStranger » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 pm

genericusername wrote:It looks like you may have accidently just quoted my post instead of adding your character file.

so I did oops, I was trying to quote it saying that, (coincidently) It's not just one character it was my dorm causing an issue, same as Maexam2. But, it appears the quote I was using had overridden my response.
CatTroyTheStranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:24 am

genericusername wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:Hi. I tried creatig a new dorm and a new character for it, but it won't work. After I created them, when Istart the game all of the other dorms and characters pre-existing vanish. Things only return to normal when I remvore the new dorm and character from their respective folder.

Help please?

Your shrunkLocationsFluffyTail line has an extra comma in it between "long" and "ponytail". Replace the line with "shrunkLocationsFluffyTail,long ponytail style,1,golden blonde" and it will work.

EDIT: There's a similar issue with your shrunkLocationsFuta line. It won't cause an error but everything after "large" will be cut off.

CatTroyTheStranger wrote:

It looks like you may have accidently just quoted my post instead of adding your character file.

I did what you said. Now the Dorm shows up and nothing vanishes. But the character still won't show up in the dorm (monmusuDorm).
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Maexam2 wrote:I did what you said. Now the Dorm shows up and nothing vanishes. But the character still won't show up in the dorm (monmusuDorm).

Ah, whoops. I didn't notice you pasted your dormfile too. The character never actually got added to the dorm, should read:

newDorm,MonMusu Dorm

You can either just put the line in the txt file or use the dorm editor ingame to add her to the dorm.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:34 pm

genericusername wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:I did what you said. Now the Dorm shows up and nothing vanishes. But the character still won't show up in the dorm (monmusuDorm).

Ah, whoops. I didn't notice you pasted your dormfile too. The character never actually got added to the dorm, should read:

newDorm,MonMusu Dorm

You can either just put the line in the txt file or use the dorm editor ingame to add her to the dorm.

It worked! FINALLY! Yipee! Thanks pal!

So, I should follow more or less the same path to add other characters then?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CatTroyTheStranger » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Okay so my issue is definitely different. In previous updates I could just copy and paste my dorms and characters into the proper locations. however this update doesn't seem to like that as my file "homebrewCharacters" filled with all the characters that I've made throughout learning of this game seems to have some form of error in it, hell I even tried making the clothes each character made into an outfit. but, no avail. I would show my files though, it would be way too inconvenient to go through all 76 of the characters I have made. Is there a new check the system makes for the system to work? as the files worked up until the most recent updates.
CatTroyTheStranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 pm

CatTroyTheStranger wrote:Okay so my issue is definitely different. In previous updates I could just copy and paste my dorms and characters into the proper locations. however this update doesn't seem to like that as my file "homebrewCharacters" filled with all the characters that I've made throughout learning of this game seems to have some form of error in it, hell I even tried making the clothes each character made into an outfit. but, no avail. I would show my files though, it would be way too inconvenient to go through all 76 of the characters I have made. Is there a new check the system makes for the system to work? as the files worked up until the most recent updates.

I don't think anything has changed that would cause something like that, unless it has something to do with the outfits. But honestly it would be super simple to find whatever error is causing it if you send me your character file. I don't need to manually look through the text file and search for what's wrong, I can tell where the errors are just from the error output. An update later today will be helping people figure out what's causing issues with their character files. Using Maexam2's character file as an example, output of the error checking for his file reads:

ERROR: Following line should have 1 comma, has 3
shrunkLocationsFuta,large,thick,horselike
ERROR: Following line should have 3 comma, has 4
shrunkLocationsFluffyTail,long,ponytail style,1,golden blonde

Which should help people know where their issues are.

Maexam2 wrote:
genericusername wrote:

newDorm,MonMusu Dorm

It worked! FINALLY! Yipee! Thanks pal!

So, I should follow more or less the same path to add other characters then?

Yep! Making characters is a bit confusing at the start, but once you get the hang of it should be pretty simple.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:42 pm

yaknow adding males in this game is likely as simple as adding an option to have no vagina, an option to have no boobs, and a pronoun textbox I mean futas are basically males but also female so honestly not adding males would be kinda silly and limiting for sexual interactions and also needlessly limiting to character creation as it not only restricts the player from creating males but also cuntboys, dickgirls, dolls, and what flexible survival calls a "male herm" which is basically a herm but without breasts
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:59 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:yaknow adding males in this game is likely as simple as adding an option to have no vagina, an option to have no boobs, and a pronoun textbox I mean futas are basically males but also female so honestly not adding males would be kinda silly and limiting for sexual interactions and also needlessly limiting to character creation as it not only restricts the player from creating males but also cuntboys, dickgirls, dolls, and what flexible survival calls a "male herm" which is basically a herm but without breasts

Er... I don't meant to rain on your parade, but while the concept indeed sounds easy, that is not the case when ti comes to actually programming these things. I'm no expert in coding. Stars and Moon above, I barely know the first things about it. But even one like myself knows that coding is complicated as Hell. Even the simplest of actions, like say, "Go left", are rather dificult to program. Coding may be, relatively speaking, easy for someone who is a veteran/expert in it, but for the rest, well, I gather that it's easier beating the middle term tests than programing a small game, let alone one like the one discussed in this thread.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Maexam2 wrote:
Anonymous111 wrote:yaknow adding males in this game is likely as simple as adding an option to have no vagina, an option to have no boobs, and a pronoun textbox I mean futas are basically males but also female so honestly not adding males would be kinda silly and limiting for sexual interactions and also needlessly limiting to character creation as it not only restricts the player from creating males but also cuntboys, dickgirls, dolls, and what flexible survival calls a "male herm" which is basically a herm but without breasts

Er... I don't meant to rain on your parade, but while the concept indeed sounds easy, that is not the case when ti comes to actually programming these things. I'm no expert in coding. Stars and Moon above, I barely know the first things about it. But even one like myself knows that coding is complicated as Hell. Even the simplest of actions, like say, "Go left", are rather dificult to program. Coding may be, relatively speaking, easy for someone who is a veteran/expert in it, but for the rest, well, I gather that it's easier beating the middle term tests than programing a small game, let alone one like the one discussed in this thread.

for the first two they could literally copy the code from the "has penis" and "has tail" buttons THE FUNCTIONALLITY IS ALREADY THERE
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:

for the first two they could literally copy the code from the "has penis" and "has tail" buttons THE FUNCTIONALLITY IS ALREADY THERE

Making a character a male isn't the annoying part of adding them in, could have that set up in under a minute. The annoying part is the changes to every message from them on. Her, herself, she, she's etc can't be used in messages and need to be replaced with a command to figure out whatever pronoun should be used instead. Just ctrl-f'ing "her" brings up 1189 instances in the file that contains most of the messages. So while no, it would not be difficult to add males to the game it's something that would take a bit to convert every old message to, and would add extra steps to every new message that gets added to the game for something that I personally dislike. I will prolly get around to doing it eventually (and the messages will most likely have a lot of mistakes for awhile because of it), but it's not planned to be done in the near future.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:21 pm

genericusername wrote:
Making a character a male isn't the annoying part of adding them in, could have that set up in under a minute. The annoying part is the changes to every message from them on. Her, herself, she, she's etc can't be used in messages and need to be replaced with a command to figure out whatever pronoun should be used instead. Just ctrl-f'ing "her" brings up 1189 instances in the file that contains most of the messages. So while no, it would not be difficult to add males to the game it's something that would take a bit to convert every old message to, and would add extra steps to every new message that gets added to the game for something that I personally dislike. I will prolly get around to doing it eventually (and the messages will most likely have a lot of mistakes for awhile because of it), but it's not planned to be done in the near future.

ok but an option for a character to not have a vagina or to not have boobs would be nice
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:35 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:
genericusername wrote:

ok but an option for a character to not have a vagina or to not have boobs would be nice

If you don't mind the messaging still referring to them as a girl that's no problem. I'll see about adding that today or tomorrow. There'd be a few other issues that would need to be sorted out if a character was missing either parts like errors in the underwear shrunk locations and bra shrunklocation (which I guess should just be disabled if the character doesn't have breasts?)
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:32 pm

0.3.5.6.1 03/11/2021
Renamed incorrectly spelled Expeditionist trait to Public Perversion
Error output should be a bit better at helping troubleshoot issues with character files.
LocationInfo textbox (top right textbox) removed and textoutput made larger. Current time and location now show above the area where you move.
Characters without a pubic hair or armpit hair descriptor now correctly don't give that character that shrunklocation.
25 New Traits:
Delinquent: Halves relation gain to and from teachers.
"Incompatible: otherTrait" Is less likely to develop crushes on girls with the otherTrait
Designer: Double spell power for Clothing transformations
Immutable: Double spell resistance against transformations.
Fashionista: Far more likely to cast clothing transformation spells.
Power Absorption: Gain 10% of each shrunken and samesized girl's magic power.
Transformation Addict: Gains 10 relations with whoever transforms her, and a chance to develope a crush as well.
Enchanter: Characters she clothing transform give 2x bonus magic power and resistance.
Escape Artist: Character unties their restraints twice as easily.
Explorer: Able to move to other shrunklocation twice as easily.
Expert Struggler: Can escape from a shrunklocation twice as easily.
Novice Struggler: Halves escape chance from a shrunklocation.
Pred Novice: Half as proficient at keeping shrunken/samesized girls contained within her.
Pred Expert: Twice as proficient at keeping shrunken/samesized girls contained within her.
Foodie: Significantly more likely to eat characters with food, as well as pickup food off the floor
Expeditionist: Will perform the masturbate action even if other unshrunken characters are in the room with her.
Knot Expert: Characters she restrains will take twice as long to escape.
(Following 8 traits will not be given to characters as a random trait)
Unshrinkable: Character cannot be shrunken against their will.
Shirtless: Doesn't wear shirts
Pantsless: Doesn't wear pants
Braless: Doesn't wear a bra
Sockless: Doesn't wear socks
Shoeless: Doesn't wear shoes
Outerwearless: Doesn't wear outerwear
Hatless: Doesn't wear hats
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whoishe » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:15 am

so I have this problem where it doesn't let me edit my characters in the editor please help

newCharacter,Madison
firstName,Madison
lastName,Gray
sex,female
race,Elf
height,78
appearance,elegant
bodySize,1
skinColor,light tan
muscleDefinition,3
eyeColor,Green
hairLength,long
hairColor,dirty blonde
breastSize,4
assSize,4
vaginaOpening,0
anusOpening,0
earType,Pointed
tongueDesc,slimy
feetType,normal
magicPower,1000
magicResist,2000
giveTrait,Stalker
giveTrait,Slow Digestion
giveTrait,Friendly
giveTrait,Shrinking Master
giveTrait,Voracious
giveTrait,Charming
giveTrait,Food Chain Adherent
giveTrait,Loyal Guardian
giveTrait,Possessive
giveTrait,Coveted
giveTrait,Showoff
giveTrait,Hungry
giveTrait,Natural Prey
giveClothing,0,Esmerald Long Dress
giveClothing,1,Jewlery Belt
giveClothing,2,strapless Green bra
giveClothing,3,Green Thong
giveClothing,4,Black Pantyhose
giveClothing,5,Green heels
shrunkLocationsHuman
makeCharacter
Whoishe
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 am

Whoishe wrote:so I have this problem where it doesn't let me edit my characters in the editor please help

newCharacter,Madison
firstName,Madison
lastName,Gray
sex,female
race,Elf
height,78
appearance,elegant
bodySize,1
skinColor,light tan
muscleDefinition,3
eyeColor,Green
hairLength,long
hairColor,dirty blonde
breastSize,4
assSize,4
vaginaOpening,0
anusOpening,0
earType,Pointed
tongueDesc,slimy
feetType,normal
magicPower,1000
magicResist,2000
giveTrait,Stalker
giveTrait,Slow Digestion
giveTrait,Friendly
giveTrait,Shrinking Master
giveTrait,Voracious
giveTrait,Charming
giveTrait,Food Chain Adherent
giveTrait,Loyal Guardian
giveTrait,Possessive
giveTrait,Coveted
giveTrait,Showoff
giveTrait,Hungry
giveTrait,Natural Prey
giveClothing,0,Esmerald Long Dress
giveClothing,1,Jewlery Belt
giveClothing,2,strapless Green bra
giveClothing,3,Green Thong
giveClothing,4,Black Pantyhose
giveClothing,5,Green heels
shrunkLocationsHuman
makeCharacter

I'm not seeing any issue with this character. Do you have other characters that might be doing something? Also the cmd prompt should now be able to tell you what line is causing an error.
For example it should be saying something like this:
ERROR: Following line should have 2 comma, has 1
giveClothing,5
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 2 out of bounds for length 2
at com.company.Setup.readCharacters(Setup.java:634)
at com.company.Setup.readAllCharacters(Setup.java:149)
at com.company.MainGUI.main(MainGUI.java:1751)
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whoishe » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:52 am

well I'm starting to think that its not the characters because its not finding the characters folder, its creating a new folder called "characters\" and adding the characters there does not help since it doesn't recognize the previous.... well things(traits, specs, height etc.) and even if I try to remake the character it still won't respect the character, so yeah. please help! maybe is because I'm a (cursed pagan) Mac user that the code goes "hippy hoppy where is my sanity! oui/we= brrt"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 12.40.29 AM.png
Whoishe
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:30 am

Whoishe wrote:well I'm starting to think that its not the characters because its not finding the characters folder, its creating a new folder called "characters\" and adding the characters there does not help since it doesn't recognize the previous.... well things(traits, specs, height etc.) and even if I try to remake the character it still won't respect the character, so yeah. please help! maybe is because I'm a (cursed pagan) Mac user that the code goes "hippy hoppy where is my sanity! oui/we= brrt"

I think I figured out the issue. Don't want to update the file in the main post unless it works but attached a hopefully working version to this post. Don't have a mac so can't test it myself but fingers crossed it works. Lemme know if it does or doesn't work please.
Attachments
MagicSchool0.3.5.6.2test.rar
(301.02 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game